Harington headed to Belfast
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.

Well it looks like Kit Harington will be heading to Belfast very shortly. According to a report from WhatsOnInTheatre, this will be his last week starring in War Horse.

This week marks the departure of Kit Harington in the role of Albert in the National’s production of War Horse.

Harington will move onto a new TV project by American programme makers HBO, creators of Band of Brothers and The Sopranos.

Winter Is Coming: Very exciting to hear that the actors will be making their way over to Northern Ireland shortly. As we discussed before, it is likely that they will be showing up earlier than the scheduled shooting date for rehearsals, costume fittings, and in some cases, equestrian and combat training. Harington will definitely need the latter two, so I suspect he may be one of the first to arrive. The rest will probably be trickling in over the next few weeks. Time to keep an eye on the Belfast papers for some Sean Bean or Peter Dinklage sightings!

1. fuelpagan
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:37 am | Permalink

sweet

2. Paul Gude
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:45 am | Permalink

I know I've said this before, but one of those latter two is way high up on my wishlist of things I'd like to know. Who's going to be the fight choreographer?

3. brhodes
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 10:13 am | Permalink

His watch begins…..

4. brhodes
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Yes, I'm getting giddy…

5. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 10:42 am | Permalink

I actually teared up when I read this. Its really happening!!

6. Raynette
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 10:47 am | Permalink

So exciting! Oh, how I wish I were in Belfast right now.

7. SA_Avenger
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Yeah wondering about combat choregraphy as well. Hope it'll be realistic enough and not too over the top.

8. Marko
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Cool, I've seen the link on your twitter first. People, just imagine the amount of news when this starts happening even more seriously than it already is!
    What's with the layout of the first paragraph? :P

9. WinterIsComing
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Marko: Fixed, thanks!

10. Marko
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Welcome :) Don't want to come accross as too fussy, though.
    Are we getting a post on George's and Parris' response to McCann going official today as well? What a flurry of posts after a relative calm, feeling excited.
    Looking forward to wolf pictures on flickr.

11. gabal
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

I hope we'll get some leaks from filming of the pilot. I'm so glad this is finally happening :)

12. dholds
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Winter – I see you have an HBO add up on the sidebar now. Does that mean you've made connections with them?

13. Marko
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Those are Google contextual adds, nothing to do with possible hbo connections, just that fact that HBO is mentioned on this site.

14. knowtom
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

HBO had a twitter post on what their followers would like to see. *hint hint*

15. Marko
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Nice … a new twitter account to follow. Time to flood them with opinions and requests about GOT, guys :)

16. dholds
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

@Marko – thanks. Thought that might be the case … just wishful thinking on my part.

17. knowtom
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Actually, I think their twitter account has existed for awhile. It would be a nice idea to bring GoT up a lot though.

18. Marko
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

@knowtom: it appears they only created it this month, so it's all fresh and juicy. Good for us, I think, they're not so set in their ways and mroe impressionable, heheh (I think they've kept official twitter account for some individual shows, though. Anyone?)

19. Brude
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Yeah, so I twittered a little thing about GoT to HBO. I figure if enough of us do that, not all the time, but now and again, it will send something of a message.

20. dizzy
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

His watch begins indeed…hopefully for a long time…

21. Dennai
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Why so eager to know who the fighing choreographer will be? The only combat scene in the pilot is in Winterfell's training ground, and probably it wouldn't be more that two or three swaps with wooden swords. Or there is a real fight in the prologue? I haven't read the leaked script, but I was under the impresion that the scene fades out with the Other closing on Ser Waymar, before any combat takes place.

22. sjwenings
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

I even like to hear about little news like this.

Could someone perhaps get someone to sneak in on the set and film some of the rehersals? I'm only really half-kdding….

23. Meg
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Can't wait to see the Arya/Jon/Needle scene. Every time I read it I'm either smiling or in tears. Here's hoping Kit and Maisie have great chemistry, as do Kit and Dinklage.

I also want to welcome Kit to television. Hope he becomes a big star!

24. Mike Thompson
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Err, hmm. It doesn't actually say anything about him going to Ireland "soon," just that he is ending his run in the play, and that he is going to film GOT next. Perhaps this week is just a convenient date to end his stage role. Perhaps he wants some time off between projects.

However, nobody yet seems to have pointed out the last line of the article: "The series is due to [be] aired in 2010." Speculation? Probably… But still :-)

25. izakmo
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

i seem to remember reading that harington already had some some kind of stage combat accreditation. so he won't be starting from scratch.

26. brhodes
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Wow, I hadn't picked up on that "The series is due to be aired in 2010".

That's encouraging!

1. [...] stated heading to Belfast in those days. At the same time, a call for extras went out, courtesy of the indefatigable Extras [...]