Reports from GRRM signing
By Winter Is Coming on in Events.

Keeping the reports about the GRRM signing in this post and moving the shooting info into a new post.

UPDATE: According to Rimshot, Richard Madden is at GRRM’s book signing. Which means they must be shooting a scene that Robb doesn’t appear in. Which rules out the execution, direwolf finding, or King’s arrival. Maybe they are filming the brothel scene on location somewhere?

UPDATE: Rimshot with his post-signing report over at the Westeros forums. Meeting the author before even reading his book!

UPDATE: Adam Whitehead checks in after the signing with a great report. Sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there!

Very, very awesome.

A queue started forming about an hour before the signing was due to begin. Then we started recognising people lurking at the back of the bookstore: we spotted Ron Donachie and Sophie Turner hanging out. Then George and Parris arrived and introduced everyone who had come along: Ron, Sophie, Maisie Williams, Richard Madden (“The Best-Dressed Man in Scotland”), Kit Harington and Alfie Allen!

After George signed the books, the cast agreed to sign them as well, leaving my copy of GAME OF THRONES emblazoned with many signatures. Many, many pictures were taken by myself and Silverstar (hers turned out a bit blurry, obviously a technical hitch). Seriously, dozens of photos were taken and will appear at some point (the Linen House computers don’t have accessible USB or XD card connections, unfortunately). We got a fantastic group photo of George and everyone else who was there.

Ron Donarchie reported he was doing some horse-riding this afternoon, whilst Kit was clearly exhausted after three 17-hour days. Everyone was astonishingly friendly and approachable. Ron reported that he had devoured all four books already and was bugging George about the fifth one! Kit has reached AFFC and Alfie is in the second half of GoT and coming up on CLASH, and noted it’s a good thing he’s good with boats. Richard Madden was a very funny guy and bearing the brunt of much humour for being “The Best-Dressed Man in Scotland”.

Funniest person of the day was Maisie Williams, who (amusingly) reprimanded Alfie for disappearing and holding up the signing queue at one point (for about twenty seconds), leaving him contrite in the face of some very Arya-esque withering scorn. All the cast seemed to be getting on excellently, taking the mick out of one another, happy to pose for photos and more.

A lady from HBO was there and seemed delighted with all the excitement over the books. She said they’d had a big talk with George to see how happy he was with filming so far, and he said he thought everything was going great. HBO seems to be running a lot of things past George to ensure the series remains true to the books and his vision, and HBO are very respectful of that.

That’s about it. We’re back at the hostel to freshen up before heading to the pub. The meet-up begins at about 6 and Ron and Richard said they’d try to make it. Kit was clearly insanely tired, so he might not be along. We’ll see who else makes it.

Everyone was brilliant. George and Matt Hughes (a fellow SONGS OF THE DYING EARTH author) was sitting behind a huge desk, but everyone else was milling with fans in the corner, happy to chat, have photographs taken and chill out with people. They seemed genuinely touched and impressed by the dedication of the fans present.

Awesome stuff. Photos to follow :-)

UPDATE: Rimshot provided another, more detailed report, in the comments.

Hi

Just back from the signing. Sirry for not posting more from the queue but, would you believe it, while I was waiting I started reading GOT and, the next thing I knew, it was my turn! I’m already hooked!!

As Adam said, there were loads of cast more than willing to have their photos taken. I didn’t get any photos unfortunately because I had to get back to work.

When I got to meet George I told him I was ‘Rimshot’ and he called over Parris to meet me. I then had a very interesting chat with Parris all about the production and the future of the series. She is very optimistic about the show and very happy to be here filming it. She is heading home soon but George is heading on to Morocco.

Parris, it was great chatting with you and I look forward to chatting more tonight, although I get the feeling people will be queueing up to chat to you and George!

The signature on my book reads

‘To ********. All good wishes. Thanks for McHughs. (signature)’

Can’t wait for tonight now.

BTW – While I was standing in the queue, a guy came up to me and said ‘excuse me, do you know where George said to meet up later?’

Before I could open my mouth, a girl in front of me said ‘McHughs’.

I had a wee laugh at that one! Could be a big crowd tonight!!

UPDATE: Photo from Rimshot of the signing. You can make out Alfie Allen, Richard Madden (in scarf) and Kit Harington (glasses) in the background!

UPDATE: Another report, this one from Silverstar.

Hey guys,

Having awesome time here! Dozens of photos – mostly blurry, but I have some lovely ones too. Me and Richard, Kit, Alfie and Ron, then another one with the girls, who are really sweet.

I told Maisie and Sophie that we were all rooting for them, and they made a comment about how it was a bit scary that there were ‘thousands of fans on the internet!” I was like “Um … yeah, that’s us …” shamefacedly.

All the cast are lovely, Richard and Ron especially both chatted with us happily for ages.

Will write up a proper report and post pics tomorrow when I get home!

Off to the pub in a sec.

UPDATE: This report comes from nedkarstark of the Westeros forums.

We had a great time at the signing and all the cast were so very friendly and obliging. They all said they were keeping their fingers crossed for hte series to be greenlit. All said that they were having a fantastic time and enjoying the various shoots. Richard said that it was great having George about for the filming. Alfie told me that the costumes are top notch. He also said “wait til you see the weapons”. He also enjoyed the scenes with the horses. Awesome.

UPDATE: Ran has update the Westeros Game of Thrones site with a great summation of all the reports and some truly amazing photos sent to him by Parris. Below is a shot of GRRM with the cast in attendance. (NOTE: Photograph © Parris.)

UPDATE: A couple more photos taken by Parris from the signing can be found here.

UPDATE: Wert posts his photos from the signing over at the Westeros forums.

1. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:11 am | Permalink

I like this art piece immensely, and I'm surprised I haven't seen it before … thanks, Winter! I still believe they are going to CGI this stone structure in Tollymore to make it the gates of Winterfell.

2. Adam Whitehead
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Seven of us are in Belfast now. Checked out the party pub last night and it looked good. Just preparing to go get breakfast before heading to the signing. Looks like being a good day.

3. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:23 am | Permalink

Today and tomorrow will be a crazy day with all the reports and photos coming in! Looking forward to it, as I'm sure is every other fan. Lucky you, who are coming to Belfast. The seven … or should I say, he Seven :)

4. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:30 am | Permalink

Adam: Awesome. How's the weather? Looks like it is going to be raining off and on today.

You going to have access to the internet while at the signing/moot? Via your mobile perhaps? Would love to get in progress updates!

5. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:40 am | Permalink

Marko: Yeah, this art is one of my favs. Check out the full version.

It is by a Polish artist named Tomasz Jedruszek. He has a few other ASOIAF-themed works, all of them done for the CCG. You can check them out here.

6. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:51 am | Permalink

Thank you for the link!
    It would be really cool if someone could twitter about the moot from their mobile.

7. Tremere
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:55 am | Permalink

I will have to wait until the thursday signing when GRRM shows up in Dublin. I sure hope he can bring some extra's with him since it's not to far away, but I just don't count on it.
    I wonder if he appreciates the Guinness??

8. SA_Avenger
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Wishes I was in belfast today instead of brussels :(

9. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:30 am | Permalink

Hi, I'm sure we will have plenty of photos/reports for you for tonight.

@ Adam. I'm glad you like the pub I picked. It really has a great reputation in Belfast.

Today and tomorrow are totally GOT days for me!

(actually looking forward to starting the first book today – I finally get to see what all the fuss is about!)

10. membrillu
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Have you read last post in GRRM's not a blog?

"Tomorrow heads will roll. Well, one head, at least."

So yeah, it looks like they are filming the execution.

11. Kate
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Esmé has updated his Facbook status: "Esmé is relaxing with a Gin & Tonic in a hotel in Belfast, exhausted but very excited about something happening tomorrow. Hmmmm, what could THAT be?"

Tomorrow is her scene with Tyrion!

12. Anne-Katrine
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:54 am | Permalink

@Rimshot
    Be careful – you might up not going anywhere the next few days :) Yes, the books are that good.

Looking forward to hear everything from the signing – the next best thing since I can't be there myself. But if GoT has a panel (anything) on ComicCon next year, I'm thinking of going (have never been to the States, and a chance to see GRRM, D&D and some of you guys would be a good occasion, right?)

-Flower Adams

13. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:26 am | Permalink

membrillu: That post was on Sunday. Which meant that yesterday was the day they filmed the execution. Of course, it is entirely possible that they will be working on that scene today as well.

Kate: Pretty sure that was posted yesterday. So that would make today the day she is excited about. That is why I'm confused. Are they maybe shooting the brothel scene on location somewhere?

14. Mormegil
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:53 am | Permalink

Regarding remaining exterior filming. Finding the Direwolf pups has to be filmed as well hasn't it? I've not read anything about that being done yet.

Hope people have fun at the Belfast signing and moot, I'm tempted to head to Dublin for the one on Thursday.

15. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Mormegil: True. I kinda lump it in with the execution scene. Seems plausible that that is what they would be filming today.

16. petr
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:02 am | Permalink

I was wondering recently… Does anyone know if there have been any photos, promotional or leaked, for Treme or Boardwalk Empire, after they got picked up by HBO? That may tell us if theres possibility to see official costumes and such, before promotional campaign starts…

17. Peter
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:03 am | Permalink

It seems that based on Georges notblogpost, the beheading was shoot yeasterday.

Based on Esmes facebook update, and her twitter, they could me filming the brothel today. But is some of it outside. I haven´t read the leaked script, and I don´t intent to. But I am a little intrigued by this. To the people who have presneaked on the script. Is there an outside shoot? Like Ros standing outside the brothel, or looking out the window or something?

Regarding costumegate: perhaps they confused thirty episodes, with thirteen, which seems about right.

18. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

petr: Based on a quick Google search it seems that there are quite a few leaked set photos from Treme and one or two from Boardwalk Empire. Nothing that seemed official though.

Of course, neither of those projects are being followed as closely as this one. I expect that if HBO picks up Thrones, there will be much more promo material coming from HBO. If for no other reason than the fans will demand it.

19. hayrickman
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Thirty sounds like thirteen -just sayin'

Esme brought the wrong shoes for travelling to the shoot, to the hotel, from the airpot etc. IMHO

Those new pics of the Dothraki on that Polish artist's site are really good. So are his Highgarden/Tyrell banners. I really like his style.

20. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Hi, I am in the queue! And it is a big queue! I have my copy of GOT under my arm. I can see GRRM who has just introduced the guy who plays Robb (sorry don't know his name). GRRM is in fine form. He is laughing about something! Great buzz about the place. So the first word of GOT is…'We', interesting

21. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Rimshot: Awesome! You have internet access! You have to provide us with running commentary on the day's events. Richard Madden is the name of the actor BTW. If he's there it means they wouldn't be shooting the direwolf finding scene today.

"We should start back." First words of the book and the pilot. So jealous you are getting to read them for the first time. Enjoy the books!

22. Knurk
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Whawha, I'm gonna refresh this page every minute now. Awesome news rimshot! Enjoy the book.

23. Peter
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Esmes tweet is about 8hours ago. That would be about 6 in the morning NI-time.
    To what seems to be some location shoot.
    It sounds like she has arrived at the shoot since, she has access to a computer, and some kind of runner to fetch her boots.

Wonder where she is? The painthall would be the obvious place for filming inside the brothel. But that wouldn´t count as a location shoot would it?

And now Rimshot is in line somewhere, presumeably with a lot of other extras. And the actor playing Robb is at the scene. Perhaps they filmed the brothelscene this morning, and are now filming the beheading this afternoon.
    But according to Georges Not-blog post the beheading was yesterday. But filming the beheaingscene+finding of the direwolves could easily take two days i guess. But then Esme being there don´t really make sense. Unless she is just curious and hang around the set.

Another possibility could be that the did the brothelscene in the paint hall this morning and will take some inside winterfell scenes in the paint hall this afternoon. The line could be to get through security at the painthall. We know Rimshot is plying a Stark servant.

Perhaps you could give us a little more information Rimshoot. Please. We are dying here.
    At least regarding to where you are shooting and what scenes. Painthall? Doune? Tollywood? ANother location.
    Are you shooting today, going to the moot this evening and shooting again tomorrow morning? Sounds like a tough schedual. especially if you are cramming in the book too. You are in for a fantastic ride with the book. Good luck with it all.

24. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:11 am | Permalink

what an exciting day. updates from the belfast grrm moot and dragon age: origins released … a fantasy/rpg nerds dream

25. legion_quest666
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:21 am | Permalink

@Peter

Rimshot isnt shooting today. He's in line at the GRRM book signing. Richard 'Robb' Madden is at the signing, therefore they can't be filming any Robb scenes today.

26. A1227k
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:22 am | Permalink

can someone enlighten me as to what WiC meant in referring to "Costumegate" ?

27. Peter
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Ahh right. stupid me.
    Of course that is it.

28. legion_quest666
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:30 am | Permalink

@A1227k

A picture was leaked from an extra wearing a Baratheon guard outfit.

Many people had some issues with it, me included. One of the biggest issues was it looked like the extra was wearing a skirt with a tunic. My issue wasn't that, it was with the colouring – mustard yellow jacket, black arms and a strange purpley grey skirt.

The same extra also stated that he'd been told or overheard someone saying they would be needed for another 30 episodes next year. We don't know if he misheard or if he meant 30 days of shooting or what.

So that is what WiC is refering to as 'Costumegate'.

29. strangerface
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Oooh! I hope someone snaps a photo of GRRM and Robb together. :D

This is cool. So jealous.

30. brhodes
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:55 am | Permalink

What's a wellie?

31. SA_Avenger
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:57 am | Permalink

rain plastic boots, quick search on google ;)

32. Adam Whitehead
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Very, very awesome.

A queue started forming about an hour before the signing was due to begin. Then we started recognising people lurking at the back of the bookstore: we spotted Ron Donachie and Sophie Turner hanging out. Then George and Parris arrived and introduced everyone who had come along: Ron, Sophie, Maisie Williams, Richard Madden ("The Best-Dressed Man in Scotland"), Kit Harington and Alfie Allen!

After George signed the books, the cast agreed to sign them as well, leaving my copy of GAME OF THRONES emblazoned with many signatures. Many, many pictures were taken by myself and Silverstar (hers turned out a bit blurry, obviously a technical hitch). Seriously, dozens of photos were taken and will appear at some point (the Linen House computers don't have accessible USB or XD card connections, unfortunately). We got a fantastic group photo of George and everyone else who was there.

Ron Donarchie reported he was doing some horse-riding this afternoon, whilst Kit was clearly exhausted after three 17-hour days. Everyone was astonishingly friendly and approachable. Ron reported that he had devoured all four books already and was bugging George about the fifth one! Kit has reached AFFC and Alfie is in the second half of GoT and coming up on CLASH, and noted it's a good thing he's good with boats. Richard Madden was a very funny guy and bearing the brunt of much humour for being "The Best-Dressed Man in Scotland".

A lady from HBO was there and seemed delighted with all the excitement over the books. She said they'd had a big talk with George to see how happy he was with filming so far, and he said he thought everything was going great. HBO seems to be running a lot of things past George to ensure the series remains true to the books and his vision, and HBO are very respectful of that.

That's about it. We're back at the hostel to freshen up before heading to the pub. The meet-up begins at about 6 and Ron and Richard said they'd try to make it. Kit was clearly insanely tired, so he might not be along. We'll see who else makes it.

Awesome stuff. Photos to follow :-)

33. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Yeah, there's an update with a link on her Facebook fan page.

This post was made yesterday:

There's no specific information about what exactly is happening tomorrow. The assumption is that it's her shoot with Tyrion, and the post hints that it could be a possibility, but it's not official word of what the event actually is.

The second post indicates that she's on a location shoot somewhere. Like hayrickman said, the shoe issue may just be her having problems walking around while waiting to shoot inside. No way to tell until she gives us more information.

34. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Adam: Excellent report. You guys are so lucky. Any mention of WiC, by chance? ;)

35. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Adam, that is SO COOL.

I'm jealous that while I'm at work you'll be doing cool stuff all day, but thank you for letting us live vicariously through you.

I really love the folks on this board. You're the tops!

36. SA_Avenger
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Very great to hear the report.
    I smile at Maisie's Arya like behavior.
    They are all pretty far in the books. Feeling very jealous now ;)

37. -1-
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Adam, thank you for your report. It made my afternoon. :)

38. gorangligovic
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Sooo, Adam, would you like your statue to represent you holding two or three thunderbolts? Because you reached a god-like level of awsomeness! Great report!

39. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Superb report, you guys are great! can't wait for more.

What can we reconstruct about the shooting schedule from the bits of info we have? Seems like they've been shooting more than we thought, effective, quick, and intense.

40. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Hi

Just back from the signing. Sirry for not posting more from the queue but, would you believe it, while I was waiting I started reading GOT and, the next thing I knew, it was my turn! I'm already hooked!!

As Adam said, there were loads of cast more than willing to have their photos taken. I didn't get any photos unfortunately because I had to get back to work.

When I got to meet George I told him I was 'Rimshot' and he called over Parris to meet me. I then had a very interesting chat with Parris all about the production and the future of the series. She is very optimistic about the show and very happy to be here filming it. She is heading home soon but George is heading on to Morocco.

The signature on my book reads

'To ********. All good wishes. Thanks for McHughs. (signature)'

Can't wait for tonight now.

BTW – While I was standing in the queue, a guy came up to me and said 'excuse me, do you know where George said to meet up later?'

Before I could open my mouth, a girl in front of me said 'McHughs'.

I had a wee laugh at that one! Could be a big crowd tonight!!

41. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Marko: Donachie doing some riding this afternoon was the biggest clue, I suppose. Maybe the direwolf scene was filmed today after all?

Also Kit having worked 17 hour days the last three days. (I thought Sunday was an off day? Guess not.) Let's see, execution scene, direwolf scene, what else could they have filmed?

42. Crybaby
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:29 am | Permalink

I like this: "We also heard that Lena Headey is doing great work as Cersei and her performance was nailing the character from the books superbly."

I had no doubt about it, can't wait to see this!!!

43. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Yup, I was surprised about Sunday. Lots of stuff seems already done … what is there left for Rimshot to be an extra at? :D hehe, we'll soon find out. Well done, Rimshot, you deserve all the praise for organising the event, while having so much work to do. Good luck everyone, thanks for the reports so far.

44. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:31 am | Permalink

@WIC – what's your email address? I'll try to send you a photo.

45. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Rimshot: winteriscomingblog (at) gmail (dot) com

46. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:32 am | Permalink

The news from the signing and later the moot almost deserve a separate blog post :)

47. NIKKI
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:35 am | Permalink

@ WiC

execution scene, direwolf scene, and Jon and Tyrion scene!

48. PatEllis15
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:36 am | Permalink

You know this has got to be an amazing experience for the young actors, particularly Maise, and Sohpie. It is only going to get bigger as well!

49. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Right, that should be on it's way!

It's on my iphone so the quality isn't the best but you can just make out Alfie Allen in the background.

I wish I had taken more photos now!!

Let me know if when you get it.

50. Anne-Katrine
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Thanks Rimshot and Adam Whitehead – it sounds like you guys had a blast! *I'm green with envy* Hopefully tonight will be even better :)

51. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:47 am | Permalink

The guy beside Alfie is also an actor and the guy behind Alfie with the scarf is Richard Madden. Annoyingly the guy with the green coat stood in front of Maisie just as I took the photo.

I suspect far better photos will be heading your way soon!!

52. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Rimshot: Got it! I think the guy next to Alfie with the glasses is Kit Harington. Is that you getting the book signed?

53. Silverstar
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Hey guys,

I told Maisie and Sophie that we were all rooting for them, and they made a comment about how it was a bit scary that there were 'thousands of fans on the internet!" I was like "Um … yeah, that's us …" shamefacedly.

Will write up a proper report and post pics tomorrow when I get home!

Off to the pub in a sec.

54. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Silverstar: Sounds like so much fun. I hope that the cast hasn't been too weirded out about all the attention we give them here at WiC. Can't wait to see your photos!

55. rimshot44
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:15 am | Permalink

@WIC – not that's not me. I wonder if it is someone on here though!

I've sent you another cheeky photo of my very first GRRM book!

Can't wait to finish work and get over to McHughs.

(and I can't wait to get back to reading the book. Those first few pages have me hooked already!).

If the technology gods allow (and my batteries don't run out) I'll try to send you photos from the moot tonight.

56. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Rimshot: Excellent. Keep us posted (if you can)!

57. strangerface
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Maisie sounds adorable. I hope she and Sophie aren't too scared of us.

58. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Great stuff Adam, Rimshot, Silverstar!! I'm quite jealous.

Looking forward to more pics!

59. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Update the post with another report, this one from nedkarstark over at the Westeros forums.

We had a great time at the signing and all the cast were so very friendly and obliging. They all said they were keeping their fingers crossed for hte series to be greenlit. All said that they were having a fantastic time and enjoying the various shoots. Richard said that it was great having George about for the filming. Alfie told me that the costumes are top notch. He also said "wait til you see the weapons". He also enjoyed the scenes with the horses. Awesome.

I think we can officially put the costuming concerns to rest. All the positive reports we have heard from people that have seen the costumes of the main characters and now Alfie's admission that the costumes are "top notch" hold more weight, to me, than a leaked photo of an extra.

60. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Nice to find out that we aren't the only ones keeping our fingers crossed. And I also loved hearing that most of the cast at the signing are reading the books!

61. Mauberly
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Somehow it made me feel good to know that Stark children (and Theon) were there with ser Rodrik :)

62. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Mauberly: Haha! Nice catch.

63. Torrellan
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Cant agree more about the cast reading the books – imagine the passion and enthusiasm these guys will deliver in their performances if they love the books like we all do.

64. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Torrellan,

Not to mention the motivation to stick with the show when they all become huge stars.

(Fingers crossed!)

65. Torrellan
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Absolutely, Paul. And I have a feeling that quite a few of these so-called 'unknowns' will soon be household names if things go as we hope…

66. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Ran has some amazing photos up on his Game of Thrones sub-site. Big thanks to Parris for the pics!

67. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

For sure. How could they not turn into huge stars with a show that's going to be this epic?!

And if anyone gets a chance to ask, I'd be interested to hear if the actors chose to read the books on their own accord or if it was something D&D strongly encouraged … or even made mandatory.

68. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Wow, great photos. Sophie looks tall! Hope she doesn't grow up to be all mature too fast ;)

69. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Brilliant photos. Thanks to Parris!

Is it just me or do Maisie and Sophie look like they'll be perfect for Arya and Sansa?! Wow.

70. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Marko: Yeah, but they can do things to make her look shorter if need be. She still looks like she'll make a good Sansa to me.

They all look great actually. Maisie takes the cake though. Dead ringer for Arya, in my opinion.

71. Torrellan
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

The pics are fantastic. They are making me sick with excitement!

72. Mauberly
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Awesome pics! Richard Madden is hot, if I may say so.

73. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

dholds: Agreed. In that third pic, Sophie and Maisie totally look like sisters. Same facial structure, identical nose, same thin lips. It is quite amazing.

74. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Yah, Maisie does take the cake, Winter. She looks awesome.

Maybe not quite as she appears in the books though. That face is too cute to be compared with a horse's!

75. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Winter: I though the same thing about them too. They could absolutely be sisters.

76. Raynette
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

I love the pictures, can't wait to see more!
    Ha, I was slow in posting. I was just going to comment that Maisie and Sophie look like sisters and Richard Madden looks great with auburn hair!

77. dizzy
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I'm jealous of you all. Sounds like a great time.

78. Knurk
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Yes, yes f***ing yes. How awesome all those kidactors showed up! They look fantastic, although Kit looks half-dead haha.

Great to hear everyone is getting along so well and they're reading the books. Woohoo!

79. wabawanga
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Wow, the stark kids look fantastic all together. What a hell of a casting job!

80. איילת
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

I can look at the last pic all day long!
    Looks like we have the best cast we could have hoped for.

81. mcshelton
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I've been checking this site daily since casting started, but haven't posted yet. But all this stuff today is way too exciting.

Thanks to Rimshot, Adam, & Silverstar for the reports, they're great!

The pictures are AWESOME, so great to see pictures of cast members that aren't headshots or from another project. The 3 (4?) Stark children look great together!

82. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Really awesome the cast and you all guys you are truly amazing!! I canot help myself imagining they all plus bran, ned and cat together!!

83. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

What happens when we get a picture of all the kids in full costume? I might not be able to handle it!

84. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Man, Dholds/Winter thanks for pointing that out. You're right. It's completely amazing looking at them side/by side.

Well, short side by towering-over side, anyhow.

They're perfect sisters.

85. sjwenings
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Not a big deal anyway, but Sophie might be wearing high heels? Anyone know, lol?

86. Raynette
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Love that Alfie is holding a Clash of Kings and probably a Storm of Swords (or is it AFfC)? I imagine he got his copies signed by GRRM ;)

87. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

I could not wait to come home, from the office.
    The photos are fantastic, I knew it would the BIG day, today….
    Big, big thanks to Parris, she must knew how we were waitnig…

Just to put some comments on the group photo…

Alfie – positive surprise, looks very pleasnat
    Sophie – is beautiful
    Maisie – is Arya
    Richard – looks exactly like the guy I went to school with(was in love with him…"cough")
    Kit – looks like 150 wildings and 80 Others chased him all night (poor guy looks really tired)
    Ron – like a happy and proud grandfather with his grandchildren…
    and George – the Master of everything!

88. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

@ Dholds i'm with you on this one…sure i'll colapse

89. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

@WiC: Definitely, I wasn't complaining :) They all look great in those photos!

90. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

i forgot to mention but i have to say that looking so tired as kit looks, seems really cool of him to still go there, big thanks to alll you guys who may read this!

91. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Yes, it is very cool , that he came in that condition, I would not, for sure (in fact I am older than he is)…

92. legion_quest666
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous.

I so should have just got on a plane!

Bugger!

93. Demokritos
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Can't wait for more pictures later. Great so far. I wonder who'll be around at McHugh's? Hopefully we get more good pictures of the other cast members there. And I hope Kit gets some sleep. I wonder if maybe Sunday WAS a day off of filming, and they had him doing something else? (Sword training or something?)

Anyway, I'm especially hoping for some pictures of Dinklage with his new hair.

94. Brude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

dholds, "Horseface" is what Sansa called her, though it's true that doesn't work for Macie's look – her face is pretty round. Maybe she'll be "Arya Applehead" or something, heh. Doesn't matter how cute she is, her sister will find some way to put her down.

95. loras75
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Fantastic. The Girls are just amazing !
    Robb looks great.
    The Guy who play Theon is not supposed to be brown hair ? Kit, go to bed ans take a rest.

96. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Who will came into the pub, I wonder..the moot is starting now, at 6? Isn it?

Oh, how I wish to be in Belfast…

97. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

The rabbit: Yup. Hope Rimshot's iPhone charge lasts long enough for a few pics at least!

98. Narwen
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

I remove red eyes from Parris photo, here.

99. Narwen
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Sorry for double comment )) Photos and reports are great )) I'm envy ))

100. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Narwen: Thanks for that. I updated the post with your photo.

101. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

ahhh narwen btw i always try to enter the weteros forum and can't, don't know why just to say how much i like your stuff there so thank for the good job.

102. SA_Avenger
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

I just love the pics, very impressive, really have a family feeling to it

103. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Thanks again to you guys for helping organize and representing at these things.

I really love that the cast and crew are getting a sense of how much their work on the show means to us.

It really seems like a labor of love for all involved, and I'm so glad to be around to see it, even from such a distanced vantage point as Seattle.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the moot…

104. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Yes, the family feel … I especially like Robb's hand aroun Arya. Wait, Richard's around Maisie :P

Minor touch: the last UPDATE should be in bold.

105. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

I am right there with you, Paul.
    As another fly, from the another part of the world.

It is fantastic and we are crazy! (It is known)

106. Narwen
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

hermionehphg, you about posters? Thanks )))

Oh, Kit looks so tired…

107. brhodes
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Wow, that last photo is something!

108. Stu
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

!!!!!!!!!!!!

109. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

@narwen
    yes! i rally like then and you guys help this crazy fans thet we are to suport the waiting

110. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

oh…i suck in english but these are just my rush to respond

111. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

No report from the moot, yet?
    It seems that they are having too good time to think about us.

:cry: :cry: :selfish: :selfish:

112. SergioCQH
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Maisie is impossibly cute.

113. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

i hope she'll read all of this and know how we already like and suport her!

114. strangerface
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

They are all so cute. I mean, Maisie is the cutest because she's the littlest. She looks JUST like Amok's portrait of Arya. And I love the description of her from the signing reports. She's got the wolf blood, yo.

Sophie is so pretty and Sansa-ish. I hope she stays sweet like Sansa.

Richard is really hot. I would totally vote for him as King in the NOrth. (He's the very opposite of Renly's "No one wants you for their king. Sorry.") Very stylish. I predict women will weep at the Red Wedding.

Alfie Allen is not at all how I picture Theon but he's got a great swaggerly look to him. If I could caption his part of Parris's photo it would say "HEY, LADIES!" I love it.

Kit looks very much like Jon, kind of worn down but still trying to keep on keepin' on.

And I'm so glad Ser Rodrik was there to keep an eye on all his Starky charges. Way to method act! :D :D

115. Abraham
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Screw it, since I can't be in Belfast I'll just have my own moot tonight. Time to break out the best the Arbor has to offer!

116. Molda22
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

I am speechless, my dream is coming true and i still can't believe it :)These reports and pics are great. Cast is perfect and Sansa is beatiful to say it simply. Although i'm still pessimistic and i think, that there will be no more than 2 seasons, i am optimistic enough to say that the series will be picked up :)

117. Daniel
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Great pictures, great reports, GREAT CASTING!!

Thank you all, people, and a very special thanks to WiC to make this awesome blog!

Too excited now!

Caedes

PS: That photos makes me wonder the height comparison between Sansa-Tyrion once again…

118. Luke Marrott
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

I don't comment much, but keep up the good work!

119. lex
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

This is just TOO AWESOME.

I remember seeing GRRM at a book signing nearly 4 years ago, where he hinted at the possibility of a TV mini series. Still, I NEVER thought this day would come.

I am DOING BACKFLIPS over the casting. I simply LOVE the girls (especially Maisie, can't wait to actually see her acting on the screen) and I hope they have an amazing experience working on this.

The only negative thing is that we still have to wait at least a year before we get to see this glorious show! ARGH!!!!!!!!!! We need to form a support group or something, to get us through this. I guess this site IS our support group, lol.

120. legion_quest666
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

This site is certainly my support group. Every time I think about how long I'll be waiting, I remember that and smile that at least it means a long time of commenting on here.

121. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

@lex
    oh yeah i'm hermionehphg and i'm ASOIAFholic…lol!

122. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

I'm a wee bit green now.

Poor Esme. Hope she didn't end up with cold feet. Lol, the way to look glamorous in weather like this is to wear those wellies and the ol' raincoat with the same stlye and flourish as the newest couture model. *grin*

The rain has meanwhile reached Germany, so I can at least share the weather with the happy few in Belfast. :)

123. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

well down here at south i'm just combusting in 35ºC don't know how much this is in fahrenheit lol

124. Daniel
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

@hermionehphg that's about 95ºF.
    What do you mean by "the south" Where're you from?
    A Spaniard here, btw

Caedes

125. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

I am sharing the weather with Ireland for a couple of days now…it was even snowing today.
    Winter is coming.

126. Lauren
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

squeeeee! 8D

127. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Legion: With you 100% there, buddy. I can't believe it has been almost a year since I started this site. The time has gone by very quickly.

And even though it looks like it will be over a year before we see the pilot, there is still going to be a lot to talk about in the mean time. A whole 'nother round of casting, more filming, HBO releasing promo shots, posters, the TRAILER. It will be exciting, that's for sure.

Of course, I anxiously await the night I am sitting in front of the TV as the image of Gared, Will and Waymar fill the screen. But the journey to get to that point will be just as fun as well.

128. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

i'm from brazil…the books didn't have come till here so i've to then and read in english…btw it's really reeaally hot in here…right now i'm envying you guys from north

129. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Wtf.. I really need more pictures now…
    off topic: another brazilian?… duvido

130. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

winter: i really hope you don't even think of letting this blog go before the series (yeeeees the series *shining eyes*) air, cause this blog just became epic to alll of us

131. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

quiet wolf: i think i'm the only one in here, at least the only one comenting…maybe you are talking about yourself?? am i wrong???

132. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Rabbit, there should be snow in the mountains here later this week.

Germany keeps getting those rain/storm/low pressure thingies that get brewed over the UK and then move here with a north-westerly wind.

But better that than 35°C, I'd MELT in weather like that.

133. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

I'm not post for a while now….but I see WIC post his first invitation on Westeros foruns and since them i'm around here…
    Great job WIC like always, and thamks for our little birds out there.

134. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

portuguese: huahuahua duvida porque?? só agora vi q escreveu em português ali em cima

english: lol why doubt? only now i saw that you'd wrote in portuguese

135. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

hermionehphg: Don't worry. I have no plans to stop blogging any time soon. :)

PS I'm still bitter about you guys beating us in the Confed Cup final. I hope we get another crack at you in the World Cup!

136. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I come from Croatia, south to the Alpes, and open to the eastern coldness.
    It is not very often to have snow in November, but it snowed today, and little mountain behind my back is white…

@WIC
    It is been a year???!!!
    Time flies…

137. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

I can't wait for that night in front of the TV either, Winter.

Despite how much we already know about the project and how much more we'll learn in the next year or so before it airs, that will still be an incredibly surreal moment.

138. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Hey, we all know that Germany is going to win the world cup.

*wink*

139. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

wow i was not expecting this comment now…seems like a lot of the guys in here like sports…hmmm…i do hope so too…it will be fun to watch the games from now on thinking: my friends at wic are probably watching too!

140. Smoldering Hound
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

@Rimshot
    I think I speak for everyone here when we say we'd like to see your written reactions to the books (though, at this point I can't imagine some stuff has been seriously spoiled for ya). It's always fun to hear them from a new reader.

Especially if you throw the book at the wall. :)

141. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Please, do not mention the world cup, in fornt of me. ARRRGHHHH!

*wink*

142. Smoldering Hound
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

..err, written reactions, chapter by chapter or so…or at whatever interval you deem appropriate.

143. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

well no matter who wins…part of me will be happy for one of you…although i hope that it will be a part of me sad for you and happy for me ;]

144. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

@WIC: you guys played valiantly..you guys played nobly…you guys played bravely…and you died(just kidding).See you in South Africa

@hermionehphg: portuguese: achei q seria o unico de nós a dar as caras por aki
    english: I start thinking I am the only one of us around here

145. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Quiet Wolf, that sounds very Stark-ish, lol.

146. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

omg we are really THt curious aren't we?? poor rimshot

147. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Gabriele: We shall see. They looked very good in their qualifiers, I'll give you that.

hermionehphg: Yeah, I'm a big sports fan. And unlike most Americans, I like soccer (football).

148. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

@WiC
    Glad to hear that! Another soccer fan.

149. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Quiet Wolf:
    portuguese: nossa!! alguns posts atrás e eu estava aqui mesmo reclamando que não conhecia mais ninguém com quem falar sobre asoiaf na nossa língua, inclusive tem essa garota portuguesa, acho q o nome dela é maria que se estiver lendo é muito bem vinda a discutir com a gente também

english: wow!! some back posts i was just here complaining i hadn't no one to talk about asoiaf in our language, alais there is this portuguese girls, i think it's maria, if are reading this are very welcomed to discuss with us too

150. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

@WIC and The rabbit
    really?? this is just so nice because just as you've said you are a minority and here the kids born with the ball on their feets

151. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

The rabbit: Really sorry about your boys. To come so close but miss out would hurt. 1998 must seem like a long time ago!

Re: people reading the books for the first time. For those that don't Twitter, TV Guide critic Damian Holbrook was convinced by Mo Ryan and others recently to start ASOIAF. So far his reactions have been positive. I expect some more interesting tweets once he reaches certain parts. ;)

152. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

@WIC
    Yup, and we have now very talented generation again, (3 or 4 play regulary in The Premiership), Pity, they have not done it.
    It has been like a mourning day over here.

153. Knurk
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

What, this blog exists almost a year now?!?!? My god, time does fly. I remember very vividly when I returned from a ski-trip in Norway over new year 2007 and turned on my computer. As usual I went straight to George's blog to see if he had finished his next book. Of course he hadn't, but here it was: HBO had optioned the rights of his books. When I read those books I always had in my mind how f***ing awesome it would look on HBO and it became reality. I absolutely went crazy and jumped for hours!

About the worldcup: don't worry about the Netherlands. We'll play some fabulous games, become favourites and then lose in the quarter or semi-finals.

154. Demokritos
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

@Abraham
    Yep, gonna have my own lonesome moot as well. I just happen to have bought some Guinness Draught yesterday, without even really thinking about the appropriateness relating to AGoT filming. Of course, Dublin isn't Belfast, but it's the right island at least.

155. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

It's always interesting to follow new readers' responses. My girlfriend will be joining us some time soon.

Are those Maisie's and Sophie's mums in the background of the photos? Sure looks like it.

Yeah, the joys and tears of sport. Slovenia managed to be a surprise entrant to the big competitions twice before … hopefully our brave underdogs can stand their own against Russia this month and make the headlines again.

156. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

well i'll just stay here pressing f5 evreytime hoping to see some news photos and every tidbit that the guys can bring to us

157. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

@ Gabriele C.: Thanks! errrr… I Guess.

@hermionehphg: I'm really miss someone to talk about the books in portuguese..but thats past now!..Now we start our evil plan to watch this Series simultaneously with all this people…lol

158. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

@Marko
    I think they can manage. They have shape of a team. A real team. The individual players are not so important today, as they were before.
    Remember the Greeks at the Euro.

159. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

@WiC: not the only american who likes footie … tho right now i am flaberghasted/appalled at how badly my beloved Man Utd is playing at home vs CSKA Moskow … stupid CSKA moscow …

i am not sure if it is better to get to the WC everytime and get humiliated like the US or to embarassingly not make it to the WC at all like Czech Rep or Croatia (and hopefully Portugal, fingers crossed) ….

160. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Knurk: Haha! I had a similar reaction to the option news though I was at work at the time so I just raised my hands in the air in silent triumph.

Marko: Congrats on getting your gf to read the series! It is great to have someone to talk about the books with constantly. My wife recently read through the books (thanks to the pilot script!) and she loved them. She is now working on Dunk & Egg no. 2 and keeps asking me when ADwD is going to come out. "Welcome to the club, hun." ;)

161. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

quiet wolf: yeah totally with you in this and hopefully by then i will be good enough to dont need any sort of subtittle cause i'm still little confident in my ears right now

162. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Jacopo: Hey, we don't always get humiliated. Remember 2002? That was an amazing run. Even put a scare in Gabriele's team. ;)

This squad looks like it has some potential too. Their Confed Cup showing was encouraging. It was a shame about Davies though. And Onyewu getting injured didn't help either. Hope he's 100% by the summer.

163. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

@hermionehphg: ears???…subtitles?..Wath are you talking about???? It will be ASOIAF…I know the lines …you know the lines…. everybody know the lines. ( well maybe not Kit. 17 hours for 3 days? C'mon!)

164. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Lol, WinterIsComing, you'll need to add a daily soccer posts during the wold cup.

165. Demokritos
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I really love how international this place is getting. Or maybe it's been that way all along, and people are just now getting around to mentioning where they're from. I'm American, but I am taking German in college, in case Gabriele wants to break out her native tongue at someone. Can't guarantee that I'll understand it without using a dictionary, but I can use the practice.

As for girlfriends, mine actually introduced me to the series. Now she laughs at how I'm ten times more obsessive than she is. She doesn't post here, but she reads the articles.

166. brhodes
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

@ WIC -
    Here's one for you. I read the books OUT LOUD to my wife. That's dedication!

167. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

@WiC: i think that Jemaine Jones, if he ever gets healthy and integrated into the team … will make a big difference … he instantly becomes the best player on the squad with Landycakes and Howard …

i have to say. i kinda wish the pilot was a 'prologue' that they would show right away and then re-air before the season … i don't wanna wait a whole year *POUTING* … =(

168. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Oh, and while ASOIAF is more about tournaments, it could still be fun to put up a Westeros soccer dream team.

169. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

brhodes: Wow, yeah, that is!

Jacopo: True, I always forget about JJ. Altidore needs to step it up too. I mean, I know he's only 20, but with Davies out we need him to be a force up front.

170. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

@Gabriele: i am voting we put the Mountain That Rides in goal … he would block the whole thing … our defense would be a shut out machine!!!

171. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Quiet wolf: lol thanks!! feeling really better now, more and more cause i'll have all of you guys to talk to in first hand about the episodes!!
    Demokritos: as for me i would say that it has been all along, but you know people are ahy in the beginning ( just like me lol)

172. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Hi Demokritos, good luck with your studies. :)

I've been lurking occasionally (my main hangout are the Westeros forums) but after my blog post about Doune Castle popped up pretty much on every ASIOAF site, I've actively joined this one and Tower of the Hand. Because I totally need more procrastination tools that keep me from writing my own epic saga, lol.

173. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Quick video open letter to folks at the moot.

I tried my best to ensure my seething envy didn't make it on film.

174. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

is that's teh case arya could pass right below the legs and arms of the rest of the team!

175. Demokritos
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

@hermionehphg
    Yeah, I started out lurking myself, then posting anonymously, then posting with a name. There's also just so much to talk about in terms of the TV series and the books that I think it took us awhile to feel like talking about ourselves.

176. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Good idea, Jacopo Belbo.

Are you a fan of 'Foucault's Pendulum'?

177. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

ok let's try my ears lol!

178. The rabbit
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Cool Paul!

179. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

@gabriele: of course. thus the name. Eco is one of my favourite authors and philosophers … tho he would not call himself such … i love his fiction and his critical essays … i even thought The Name Of The Rose film was good … talk about a super young cristian slater =)

i have to say i am impressed … nobody ever gets my name … so i am suitably impressed

and Man Utd has come back from 3 – 1 down to tie the game at 3 – 3 .. go Red Devils!!!

180. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

@Demokritos
    i know just well the feeling, but like i'm really liking the way we are forming more and more this lace with each others

181. Scott
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

"HBO seems to be running a lot of things past George to ensure the series remains true to the books and his vision, and HBO are very respectful of that."

*sigh of relief*

182. Marko
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

@PG: your background is all green though, quite symbolic :D

Time flies, almost I year indeed. I joined after GRRM had given it a shout-out.

As for my gf, I'm glad I didn't have to force her much. Or at all. I mentioned her the series as a favourite of mine when we talked about what we like to read. Then later the pilot was ordered, and I got all excited and started following the online news and eventually this blog. She noticed. I've been explaining her a bit and feeding her news from WiC, she likes my obsession and want to know what the fuss is all about. Intends to get to the books some time in the next months, definitely before the first episode airs :)

183. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Paul: You echo my sentiments exactly. Oh and your hair and beard is a lot longer than it is in your Twitter profile pic. You kinda look like Will Ferrell now.

184. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Paul:
    just made my evening here happier cause i did understand you…i know i know it's a small thing to be happy to but it is something to me lol

185. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Yeah, Marko.

It's the color scheme of my office.

I recorded it on a break, but still at my desk, which explains why it was so positive and not a video of me screaming, "Why not ME!?!" while pounding on my desk, sobbing.

Thank heaven for small favors.

186. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hey WIC..if you have a way to reach ou little birds, remember them to ask about the Direwolf puppys to someone…how many they are and such stuff… What you think?

187. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Jacopo, I've reread Foucault's Pendulum three times, and both my father and I are just rereading Name of the Rose and talk on the phone about it. I've most of Eco's other fiction and non fiction work as well.

188. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Quiet Wolf: Good questions. Don't have any way to reach anyone right now though, so hopefully someone thinks to ask that!

I expect between Silverstar, Rimshot, Wert and others someone will ask about the direwolves.

189. Daniel
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

@WiC
    You guy took us by surprise on Confed Cup. Spain was on a 35 straight streak of games without losing!

Seriously, though, I really think this is our best chance at a World Cup. We have the best team EVER, and finally been able to get rid of the "we've played as never, we've lost as always" complex that has become a motto of the Spanish Soccer team since the beginning of days.

This being said, at one single game, anyone can beat anybody.

And, if you think an American Soccer fan is weird, watcha think of a spanish Football fan?
    Go Raiders! ;-)

Back on topic, I can't keep my eyes off those photos. Specially the Stark girls. I think the headshots we had didn't make them justice. Sophie is going to be absolutely gorgeous five years from now, and I die to see Maisie in role as Arya… man, this is going to be soooo awesome.

And once the series begun to air, of course we'll all come here and comment tonight's episode, the strenght of Lena Headey's performance, the stunning visual effects or the wonders of the script.

We are all ASOIFaholics, I'm afraid.

Caedes

190. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Caedes: Yes, that was an epic victory for the US team! I suspect that the Spaniards won't take us so lightly if we meet again in the WC.

An NFL fan in Spain huh? You must be lonely! Also, the Raiders? I'm sorry you had to pick such a lousy team (although you beat my squad, the Eagles *cries*).

191. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

@daniel

once again i totally agree with you. i don't even had the trouble to close the window with thw photo, i keep it open so i can satre once ina minute or two

192. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

@gabriele: as an american i am particular fond of the essay Travels In Hyperreality … as it is a perfect indictment of all that is wrong with this wretched country … too bad i am trapped here =(

i didn't really care for Baudilino as much as some of the other works … nothing competes with Foucalt's Pendulum tho … i want to beat people who love dan brown and the da vinci code to death with their own arms whenever they talk about "how good the book is" … i like to call it "foucalt's pendulum for morons" … but i am an elitist so what can you do …

193. Jenny
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Wow, the Starks really look alike, great casting.
    When I first saw the pictures I thought "who's the guy who went there with his lil sisters?"
    Until I realised it was the cast.
    Madden – He's very Robb in that pic, I think.

194. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Caedes: Forgot to add, if you want to have your user name as Caedes (instead of Daniel) just go to your Blogger profile, click Edit Profile and change "Display Name". This way you won't have to sign your posts. :)

195. HouseUmber
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

@ Daniel
    You poor poor man, the raiders. And I thought I was a glutton for punishment being a Jets fan.

196. NIKKI
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

love the pictures! Maisie (Arya) and Richard (Robb) look like they are related in real life! Can't wait for more pictures….

197. Paul J
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

@Jacobo

I aluded to your name several days ago, but did you get my reference? "He's the dude with the bombardon."

198. Knurk
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

@Jacopo
    In a crazy moment I ordered your book a minute ago. Looking forward to it, though first I'm finally starting tonight on Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (that book is lying on my shelve for more than a year.

199. Marta
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

This is my first comment but I’m one of those long time avid readers of every post and comment. I almost feel many of you as members of my own family: Paul Gude (aww you seem so sweet in that youtube video!), Invertebrae-Ryan, Legion, About Yeah High, and of course, WiC… Really, guys, you’re truly AMAZING! :)

I know I’m going to sound a bit of a drama queen, but this blog is right now what gives full sense to my life lol. And I know I’m going to be fired since I spend all day at the office pressing F5.

Ok, I think many of you can understand my current status of excessive excitement. If I am now almost out of control, I can’t imagine the experience of drinking around Robb and Theon err… Alfie and Richard. I’d give my right hand to be there too!

You guys are simply the best.

(Just some words for another Spaniard girl devoted in life and death to Asoiaf. I’m also reading out loud the books to my little brother and sister and they are at the beginning of ACoK lol).

200. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Jacopo, I feel the same about da Vinci Code. Eco did it SOOOO much better.

201. SerRodrik
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Awesome Marta! I am much in the same boat, dont comment much but have spent most of my 'sick' day hitting f5. So my reason for not going to Belfast today was completely scuttled by the fact i didnt go to University anyway and instead spent the whole day doing nothing but reading about updates of the thing i could/should have gone to! I am an idiot. Whats even more stupid is that I only just realised that.
    BTW Are you going to edit out the rude bits for them?

202. SergioCQH
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

It's hard to imagine this cute little girl killing people . . . lots of people.

Is there gold in the village?

203. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Marta,

I know what you mean. I've always been a fan of science fiction/fantasy novels, and enjoy watching the shows, but I've never gotten the extreme obsessiveness that goes along with a particular franchise until this project.

For me, it's all because I'm such a fan of ASoIaF AND of some of the great dramas to come out of HBO.

The idea that fans of the genre are going to get to see an extremely well-written story coupled with all the sex and violence and dark dark events that take place is beyond anything I'd ever hoped. The fact that they've got such talented people working on every aspect of this is the icing on the cake.

I can't help but be obsessed.

204. Crystal
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

OMG, they all look just like their characters to me already! Especially our Starks! And the girls are beautiful! I'd swear they just stepped out of the books. And boy, Richard Madden is really a hunk! Going to make the RW even worse for me (and I already can barely get through it in the book!). I am soooooo jealous of everyone who actually got to go to the signing!

205. About Yea High
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Those pictures make us all want to be in Ireland. Not to date myself, but Richard Maddon looks a little like John Taylor of Duran Duran. And THAT dude had the chicks screaming for him, trust me.

Maisie looks insanely cute. Odd we'll hardly ever see that smile onscreen. Oh, and Jeyne Poole started the whole Arya "Horseface" thing, not Sansa.

(Me, ever the Sansa defender. Do your thang, Sophie. Girl's a looker, and getting tall.)

Poor Kit looks beat down, and Alfie looks ready to completely lose his grip on those books.

I'm most glad Ron Donachie has read all of the books, and Alfie is getting there. The scene between Ser Rodrick and Theon (with Theon threatening his daughter Beth) is going to be tense, especially with the actors fully understanding the background to it all. Theon is also one of my faves.

I can't wait for more pics. Have there been no more uploaded?

We want them nowwwwww!

206. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

AYH: Everyone is still at the moot. Probably drunk off their ass, learning all sorts of inside info about the production from an intoxicated GRRM and the rest of the cast.

Damn me for being too poor to go!

207. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

@PaulG: sorry dude, i think i must have missed you reference …. not that i am sure i would have gotten that anyway … my brain has turned to mush being out of work for so long and of course being an isolated hermit whos only contact with other people is thru blog comments =)

@WiC: i am with you there on the poverty front … i am too poor to even get my passport renewed so i can just spend my last dime and fly to europe to be a vagabond … i guess i will have to settle for living vicariously thru others …..

208. Mauberly
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Damn my boss who didn't let me take 3 days off. I already had flights planned and was ready to go.

209. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

@Marta
    welcome officialy to the club!

210. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

but…but… if your informers are drunk too and dont remember none of the inside info they are learning???….

Man…I really need more photos

211. lex
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

The only other time I've been so excited (i.e. obsessed) about a project was when they first started filming the Lord of the Rings films. I was about 19 years old, and I followed the progress on the internet for 2 or 3 years before the first film came out. It was just like this (i.e. exciting and maddening!) except without all the forums and message posting.

I like how the internet has made it possible for fans to feel more connected to a project like this.

Too bad there won't be some type of premiere, like they do for movies, so we could all fly out and meet each other (and the cast) and celebrate the premiere of the show. If we're this excited now, just imagine how excited we'll all be when it's actually about to air! Then again, maybe this is the best part. All the anticipation!

PS Who is Rimshot, and why is he so involved if he's never read the books?

212. Marta
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

@SerRodrik
    You’re not an idiot! Or perhaps I am too, because I feel the same lol…I spent my day thinking about a good excuse for my boss and then taking a direct plane to Belfast. It should be only 2 hours from here, but… argh I can only blame myself for my lack of decision.

Sometimes when reading for my brother and sister I feel tempted to skip the hmmm… ruder parts of the story but then I think: Life is not a song. Let them learn this wise lesson hehe.

@Paul Gude
    That’s the word, Paul. Obsession! Totally agree with you! I am really fond of both general and fantasy/sci-fi literature (and I’m a bit of a writer myself) but the *thing* I have with Mr. Martin books… I’m not able to explain it properly. It is such devoutness, eagerness to turn every single page with an immense feeling of despair for knowing it is going to end someday. It’s not only the characters and the plotline, it’s the Perfect Story.

@hermionehphg
    Thanks, sweetie! :)

Yeah! More pics, please! Have mercy!

I’m still thinking about taking that plane…

213. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

@ lex: Rimshot is a extra in the series (a Stark servant. How coolis that?!)

214. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

@marta
    you're welcome!!

guys i'm with you in the poverty thing…
    I dunno here i'm proaching more and more time to sleep but i'll probably wait insanely for our best and beloved drunks little birds to come back and make our day…

215. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

lex: Rimshot is a guy that lives in the Belfast area and works as an extra on many of the productions they do there. He heard about the series when Northern Ireland was announced as the filming location. Googled it, found this blog and has been posting here (and at Westeros) ever since. He decided to wait until now to read the books as he thought it would be cool to wait and read the series as he is on set, working on the pilot.

216. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

@hermionehphg: Isnt that late yet… I guess it is time of someone soap opera. I'm right?…Lol (local joke)

217. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Wolf, Aren't there telenovelas all day round on some channel or the other, lol?

218. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

Lol….touché!

219. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

yeah you're right but i hate then and have not been sleeping very well these days, plus i had this crazy session of training this weekend (i know how poor kit is feeling) so it's like i'm hearing my bed singind to me…on the other hand i cannot sleep like this… i neeeed photos and information or i'll not survive…

220. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

lol

221. lex
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

So… are we gonna get some pub updates soon, since it's nearly midnight? I look forward to hearing about some fun drunken times!

222. sjwenings
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

I'm glad they're still out drinking!

Makes it that more likely they'll pry some golden info out of them…

223. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

iiif the'll be still capable of rational thinking

224. Gabriele C.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Aww, poor girl, get some sleep.

German TV bought one of two of those a few years ago and showed them in the afternoons. I vaguely remember having come across that stuff while zapping a few times. Beautiful people, but the plot didn't seem to make any sense. Well, not that our own 'Gute Zeiten, schlechte Zeiten' (Good Times, Bad Times) makes any sense. ;)

225. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

wow…six hours are a lot of beers…time to ask questions about ADwD….and contratual issues ;)

226. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

gabriele:
    Beautiful people, but the plot didn't seem to make any sense.
    a lot of the are just pure nonsense or vulgarity

but thank you for your kindness

227. GarikL4534
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Hey guys! Long time lurker here.

I had a thought about the pilot. I was in Vegas over the summer and screened the pilot of a new network drama at a place called CBS Television City in the MGM Grand. I think that place only does series on networks affiliated with CBS, but there have to be similar places out there that do this for HBO. Does anybody know more about this? I doubt they would allow someone to request a certain pilot, but it would be a chance for someone to see it even before it's picked up as a series, and if, gods forbid, it's not picked up, it could be our only chance to see it!

228. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

quiet wolf:
    i'm suddenly curious, where are you from?

229. Marta
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

I'm trying to see it from Mr. Martin's point of view. It HAS to be awesome to be drunken among your own characters!

230. WinterIsComing
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Check out the NEW "Day 11: Filming rolls on" post for an amazing discovery I just made. Some truly awesome set pics!

231. Mormegil
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Maester Luwin in Costume ???

Ok, not really, it's Donald Sumpter in an upcoming episode of "Doctor Who" spin off "The Sarah Jane Adventures" but it could be something similar to what Luwin wears.

232. Mauberly
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Permalink
  233. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

@marta
    and to complete just an awesome cast like these that seems to fit so well in the characters…i'm looking forward to grrm's coments on not a blog =]

234. Knurk
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

How cool would it be if the actors get a huge hangover tomorrow so in one year we are going to recognize the scenes of tomorrow because of their red eyes.

235. dholds
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Did I hear it correctly that Rimshot is the one who suggested the Pub that they're all drinking at right now? If so, cool!

And why has no-one made a plunking the magic twanger joke yet?

236. Paul Gude
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo, I got confused, then realized it was a note to PaulJ, not me.

Carry on.

237. Quiet Wolf
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

@ herminione: Minas Gerais, and you? If I can ask…

238. hermionehphg
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

São Paulo =] not that far in truth i live close to MG the limit at least

239. Ender
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

I see americans, brazilians, portugeses and spaniards, and I'm sure there are many more out there. It would be cool if you could add a visitors map to the site, so we could know if ASOIAFcoholism has already reached the global pandemic status!

240. Paul J
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

@Paul Gude

I like to think that he was getting me back for misspelling his name in my comment.

241. lordnedshead
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Well dang guys! It figues we'd get an H-bomb worth of info onthe one day I don't get to check my computer till I get off of work! Holy cow what a payload!

@Paul Gude Good to put a name to a face brutha. Oh and it's probably good you weren't green with envy at the time you filmed that or we might not have been able to make out your face from the wall behind you! ;P

@Everyone I'm gonna echo everyone else here by stating how thrilled I am to see a large portion of the cast together and looking great!

Maisie Williams is my hero! When I grow up I want to be just like her!!! Seriously though the kid IS Arya (my fave character ever(minus her dancing teacher))! The shots of her, sophie and the rest (but especially Maisie) have me totally amped for this thing to get on the air!!!

Looking at the cast present at the signing, and subtracting the cast not present at the signing, I come up with the Winterfell arrival scene as the most likely option. The Stark kids likely wouldn't meet the King and his court outside of the castle gates (they don't in the book). Perhaps they were doing the outside the castle arrival.

242. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

@PaulJ/PaulG: or it could be just more of that brain fry i was speaking of … =( tho i have no excuse to get you mixed up, i should be able to keep Paul Gude straight, as he does post on facebook about 100 times a day =)

243. lex
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

I think Maisie is becoming the fan favourite! Do you think she knows how much people love her character, and like her already (if for no other reason than her perfect resemblance to the character in our heads)?

I can even easily imagine her as Arry, with shorter hair, passing herself off as a boy.

244. Marko
    Posted November 4, 2009 at 3:33 am | Permalink

@Winter: Seeing as the moot reports will be late, I suggest keeping this already long thread reserved for signing reports, and create a separate post about the moot itself. Great discovery, WiC! moving on to the other thread to read everything in detail.

245. Marko
    Posted November 4, 2009 at 4:27 am | Permalink

More photos by Parris over at Westeros, click here!

1. [...] learn), and we were chuffed when he (along with Ron, Sophie, Maisie, Kit, and Alfie) showed up at a GRRM book signing in Belfast, mingling with the fans and maintaining his repute as the “Best-Dressed Man in [...]