A few quick updates
By Winter Is Coming on in Casting, General, Speculation.

A few quick updates to start this Christmas week.

-Over at the Westeros forums, Adam Whitehead (aka Werthead) has put together an impressive Game of Thrones FAQ post. It is detailed and informative. Be sure to check it out.

-WiC commenter The rabbit found a post on another forum from a user who’s dad apparently played Mikken (Winterfell’s blacksmith) in the pilot. His mom also appeared in the pilot, although he doesn’t specify which role she played (Septa Mordane perhaps?). He states that they will “hopefully” be featured in other episodes.

-The podcast with Television Zombies has been recorded and should be going up on their site later this week. It was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to hear the end result!

1. Critical Geek
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

furst?

2. Mauberly
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

"…a user who's dad apparently played Mikken (Winterfell's blacksmith) in the pilot"

The same user has also Twitter account.

3. The rabbit
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

"..a brilliant f***ing character, a really nice nasty part…"

Who said it?

You can find it here !

4. About Yea High
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Another great find by The rabbit!

(He digs 'em out of media burrows.)

5. The rabbit
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

She-rabbit! :D

6. About Yea High
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

… Rabbette.

7. About Yea High
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I love the line from the interviewer:

It's something he returns to throughout our interview, each time becoming so animated that I actually want to put in a call to the television network and demand they commission a full series as it clearly means that much to him.

Sounds as though Morocco went smashingly.

8. ebleyes
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

What interview are you talking about AYH?

9. The rabbit
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

@ebleyes
    Click on the link in my first post, and you will know.

I thought the same, AYH, and it is our first real outside sneak across the Narrow see, apart from Georges words and pics.

10. Silverstar
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

I'm so thrilled all the actors involved in AGoT are so enthusiastic. You could see it when we spoke to them in Belfast, and now Harry Lloyd sounds just the same. Sounds like the script and hopefully the books have caught all their imaginations just the way they did ours.

11. The rabbit
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

I pray that HBO-heads will be enthusiastic as weel.

12. brhodes
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Great stuff WIC:
    Merry Christmas to all my WIC friends (whom I've never met…)

13. About Yea High
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Silverstar,

I'm personally glad we sent such amiable delegates to the Belfast signing and the moot; you can't get much more positive than you, Jackie, and Adam.

I still imagine the girls were a little baffled; "We feel quite beloved and have done very little as yet!"

Pretty funny.

Wish I'd been there.

14. Silverstar
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

@AYH,

Aw, thanks :)

15. hermionehphg
    Posted December 21, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

hey guys its earlybut i want to wissh you all a merry christmas…hoping to get a green light post in march *crossing fingers*

16. Marko
    Posted December 22, 2009 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Thanks, Rabbette! :) reading it now, with interest.

17. Mauberly
    Posted December 22, 2009 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Amos Greig in Facebook:
    My parents are in the G.R.R Martin A Game of Thrones tv pilot!!!!. My mum was all oh yes we're in a period peice called "A Game of Thrones" your dads a blacksmith have you ever heard of it? lol I was speechless [I've read the first two books]

If his father looks like his son, he'll be great Mikken.

18. RahBur
    Posted December 26, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Any idea when we can see the TVZ podcast, or am I behind the times?

19. WinterIsComing
    Posted December 26, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

RahBur: Should be up within the next day or two, I believe.

20. Chris
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

It's up. Phil was a great guest!