Quick hits: Harington’s hair, Dothraki dancers
By Winter Is Coming on in Casting.

POSH publicity photo of Kit Harington Some small updates to report on:

• Kit Harington looks to be growing his hair out. Based on these publicity photos from Posh, the play he is appearing in for the next couple months, Kit definitely has some longer locks. Harington, who wore a wig for the pilot, told folks at the GRRM signing that he would grow his hair long for the filming of the first season. 7kingdoms has a nice Photoshop of the long-haired Kit as Jon Snow.
  • Over the past couple weeks, some of the dancers that appeared in the Drogo and Dany wedding feast scene have begun listing their involvement with the show. Kelechi NwanokwuCoral MessamKemi Durosinmi and Kharis George are four dancers that appear to have been in the scene. I’m pretty sure each of those four ladies can be spotted in the picture with GRRM at the wrap party.
  • While hunting for info on the dancers, I found this site, Casting Call Pro. Doing a quick search for “thrones” brought up everyone on the site that had a credit for Game of Thrones. As you can see, a few folks we already know about came up (Hi Esme!) but there were some new faces mixed in there as well. Sure, seeing who will play Lannister Handmaiden or Cook or Buxom Serving Wench may not be as exciting as finding out who will play Littlefinger. But still, it is fun to see the kind of “regular people” that will populate the world of Westeros.

UPDATE: Another website similar to Casting Call Pro is StarNow. There is some overlap, but also new faces. Unfortunately, contrary to CCP, this one does not say what unnamed roles extras were given.

1. dizzy34
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Not knocking this post … but man we need some news to chew on…

2. Sam
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Facebook link doesn’t seem to be working.

3. Stu
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Why not put up the picture with Kit all photoshoped into a black brother? Looks awesome to me..

4. dizzy34
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Good or bad news depending on where you stand… http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/26/legend-of-

5. @The_Rabbit01
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Well, WiC, it seems that you are more quick witted than me.
    I discovered Casting call pro, some times ago, but I did not know what to do with site :)

Nice found!

6. @The_Rabbit01
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Yep, dizzy, we need some news…
    I must admit, that this waiting starts to frustrate me a little bit.
    Was patinet till mid april, but now, I am becomin more and more nervous.
    Do not think at all, that something bad is going on in the preproduction, but I suppose that HBO took over all the control of the project.
    And everobody must play (even GRRM) according to their rules.

7. @The_Rabbit01
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

It is interesting that at this stage we are able only to find those who were at the pilot, not only on casting call pro, but on the whole web also.
    Just nothing on the future cast,not even minor roles.

8. Fire And Blood
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

I feel like we're at a point where something official's going to come down soon. This week, if I guess right. Fingers crossed.

June is swiftly approaching, and there are some vital roles that need filling. I'm wondering if they're waiting on the Dany recast (if that's even true any more) before releasing this other stuff, casting wise…

But stuff has to be happening. Sets being built, etc.

Man, we need a spy to run by the Paint Hall.

9. Stella Maris
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

Yeah, dizzy…I'm jonesing for some news!

Posted April 26, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

He's definitely looking more like Jon Snow. Cool stuff.

Now when do we get some big news???

Posted April 26, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Wow, LOTS cancelled? I thought it was doing well, considering they began a second season.

However, I really think they chose a HILARIOUS photo for the article. It's like Richard and Khalan just heard the news.

12. sjwenings
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 2:45 am | Permalink

Isn't "soon" good enough? I'm not as impatient these days, because i know almost for sure that somethings right around the corner.

13. Phoenix_torn
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 2:53 am | Permalink

A similar site to Casting Pro. Some of the Actors overlap, but it lists a couple more serving wenches, dancers etc.

14. Phoenix_torn
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Also, more excitingly, the last 2 pictures on this guy's page are Captioned "Game of Thrones: Pilot HBO" http://www.starnow.co.uk/davidblair I think we may finally have an actual costume photo

15. sjwenings
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 3:23 am | Permalink

Nice find! Looks good.

16. @Axechucker
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 3:25 am | Permalink

Hey, nice find, PT! I think you found a legit one.

That's a decent looking costume, especially for an extra.

17. Tony
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 3:04 am | Permalink

I feel like we’re at a point where something official’s going to come down soon. This week, if I guess right. Fingers crossed.

June is swiftly approaching, and there are some vital roles that need filling. I’m wondering if they’re waiting on the Dany recast (if that’s even true any more) before releasing this other stuff, casting wise…

But stuff has to be happening. Sets being built, etc.

Man, we need a spy to run by the Paint Hall.

18. Christopher
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Yeah, dizzy…I’m jonesing for some news!

19. Jaakko Pirinen
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

"Unfortunately, contrary to CCP, this one does not say what unnamed roles extras were given."
    Well, most of them tell it in their own words in their profiles:

Maxine: "“Kings of Thrones” TV Pilot Series for HBO/BBC Director: Tom McCarthy and
    Choreographer: Javier De Frutos Role: Contemporary Dancer – Morocco."

Lynne: "Games of Thrones – Buxom Serving Wench (HBO)"

Amanda: "2009, TV Pilot, Serving Girl, Game of Thrones, HBO"

Margaret: "just finished filming Game of Thrones with Sean Bean in doune castle,extra Kitchen staff three day shoot."

Only Sherinne and David do not mention their roles, but Sherinne was probably a dancer in Dany's wedding, seeing as she describes herself as a professional dancer. And David was a squire, as is told in the next entry.