MGoT update: Cogman blogs the shoot
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming, News.

ScrollsHBO has posted an update to the Making Game of Thrones site today in the form of six new blog posts from Bryan Cogman. The posts begin at the start of filming (which was actually July 23, not July 26) and continue up to today. In each post Cogman talks about his experiences on the set of Game of Thrones and gives us some nice info on what scenes they’ve been filming. Here is how Bryan sets it up:

We’ve been filming now for over a month and have shot quite a bit in that short amount of time — the majority of Episodes IV and V, in fact, and a good amount of Episode III. I thought I’d use these first dispatches to share some highlights from the shoot so far.

Winter Is Coming: Some great stuff in here. Some of the locations and scenes we had already guessed about, others we had no idea. Follow me after the break for some discussion and analysis of what we’ve learned.

First up is the new pic we got from HBO. At first glance it may look like nothing more than a stock photo of some scrolls, but it is clearly a shot of some actual props from the show. For one, it is credited to Helen Sloan, who is the official stills photographer for Thrones. And two, if you look very closely you can make out the words, “AEGON TARGARYEN, the fourth of his name, KING OF THE ANDALS and of the FIRST MEN.” It is easier to read in this flipped and reversed image from pualo. Pretty cool! Just another one of those small details that David & Dan talked about in their blog post and which seem to be a hallmark of the production so far.

Now onto Bryan’s blog posts. I will post a notable excerpt from each and follow it up with some analysis. First up, from July 23rd, the first day of filming

First day of shooting and we’re starting with a juicy scene between Ned (Sean Bean) and Queen Cersei (Lena Headey). Brian Kirk directing. Marco Pontecorvo shooting. Fans of the novels will not recognize this particular scene as it doesn’t exist in the books…

WiC: We sorta guessed this one. Despite the “official” start date being July 26, we had heard from a stand-in on set that day that some filming was occurring and Sean Bean was present. This person was a stand-in for Cersei and Catelyn, which led me to predict they were likely filming a scene between Ned and Cat, since Ned and Cersei did not have any scenes together during the first part of the book. What I didn’t take into account of course is that not all the scenes they shoot will actually be from the book.

July 29:

Okay, I fear I am geeking out. Another scene from Episode IV…Ned interrogating Grand Maester Pycelle, played by the great British character actor Julian Glover.
….
NOTE: We spent the first few weeks filming in the Painthall on Gemma Jackson’s exquisite “Red Keep” sets. I’ll write about the Painthall and the various sets and “worlds” of the series in a future dispatch.

WiC: What is interesting here is literally the day after it was announced that Pycelle had been recast and Glover was brought on board, he was already filming scenes in the Painthall. Also we had received word from GRRM that the early days of shooting were confined to the Painthall and now Bryan confirms it.

July 30:

Okay, David just threatened to take away my headset if I continued to shake my head every time an actor mispronounces the word “maester.” (For the uninitiated, a maester acts as counselor and physician to noble houses in the world of “GoT”). For the record, we’re going with MAY-ster, not MY-ster – we determined early on the latter was too reminiscent of Bergermeister Meisterberger

WiC: Aha! Our first confirmed pronunciation! We had heard back in the pilot that a pronunciation guide had been distributed amongst the cast, however, in typical fashion, the cast and crew have been tight-lipped about the ways things will be pronounced. Glad to hear they will be pronouncing maester the way I’ve been pronouncing it all along. I’m sure there will be other official pronunciations that I will have to adapt to though.

Aug 3:

Technically, this part of the dispatch is not from the Seven Kingdoms, as I’ve found myself in the Dothraki Sea…or rather a willow field that will become the Dothraki Sea with some post production wizardry.

It’s our first day on location, and the famous North Irish weather is keeping our amazing and resilient crew on their toes. Cold and wet one moment, sunny and clear the next. Back and forth, back and forth.

WiC: Ah yes, we knew all about this one. Thanks to a tip by a WiC reader who spotted a GoT truck in Ballymoney, yours truly dropped a note to the Ballymoney Times about some possible filming in the area, and soon after came word that a willow field at Leslie Hill had been the location used. This scene can also be glimpsed in the Making Of featurette from HBO. Another noteworthy tidbit from this blog post, Paul Jennings is the stunt coordinator for Thrones.

Aug 5:

It’s amazing how I can be cold and wet one day and find myself in a vast, Africa-like expanse the next, with a clear blue sky and warm weather to boot. We’re at a location called Sandy Brae (on the opposite end of Northern Ireland) filming the entrance into Vaes Dothrak, the city of the horselords. It’s another scene from my episode and an iconic sequence from the book
………..
This location is unlike any in Northern Ireland; the terrain really does feel like another continent. We have two massive pedestals set up, upon which our CG wizards will render the mighty rearing bronze stallions that make up the Horse Gate – the main entrance of Vaes Dothrak. It’s a difficult shot to pull off: Horseback “walk-and-talks” are trickier than you might think. But we’re two takes down, and the big entrance shot is looking great – even without the color-correcting, music, CGI, etc., it’s breathtaking.

WiC: This was the most interesting post to me, mostly because we had NO idea they had filmed this scene. And it sounds like it is going to look really good. It looks like Sandy Brae is a road that leads up into the Mourne Mountains. Here are some pictures of the area, courtesy of Ran. Can’t wait to see this scene.

Sept 23:

A pair of scenes being shot in Bran’s bedchamber today, featuring one of our young heroes, Issac Hempstead-Wright. He’s sitting next to me now, during a break, discussing football with Tyrion’s stand-in.
…………….

WiC: So it looks like episodes 3-5 are being filmed during this first block of filming. If I had to guess, I would say these will all be Brian Kirk directed episodes as he is the only director we have heard about being on set so far. Kirk may also be directing the pilot reshoots, as a set report seems to indicate. It seems like Kirk will be doing the majority of the directing for this first season, with the other directors picking up an episode or two.

1. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

I’m pretty interested in the scrolls image – do you think they are actual props or a stock image?

2. Knurk
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I love the maester part. Can’t immagine how annoyed those actors are with him haha.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Knurk, yeah, glad to hear I’ve been saying it right all this time too. ;)

Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Funny, just yesterday someone was complaining about the lack of updates on that site, and now we get 7-in-1. Time to go do some reading!

5. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Those are actual props, folks! If you flip the image both horizontally and vertically, you can read in the central scroll “AEGON TARGARYEN, fourth of his name, King of the ANDALS and of the FIRST MEN”. Cannot grab a screepcap, sorry.

6. Tysnow
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Dom,

I am too, did you notice the different color and type of seal used on each scroll. There was a black one chord (I assume for bad news), a standard brown leather chord (maybe standard goings on), a bronze chord (possible military transpondence), a golden thread (perhaps financial, or possibly for King’s eyes only), there was a light yellow leather chord too.
    If you zoom in you can see the letter characters on the scrolls, of course they will be backwards, this could be interesting to decipher.
    These scrolls can fit into the raven carrier black cannister in the pic, so I figure they are messages brought from elsewhere in Westeros.

7. Tysnow
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Dom,

I am too, did you notice the different color and type of seal used on each scroll. There was a black one chord (I assume for bad news), a standard brown leather chord (maybe standard goings on), a bronze chord (possible military correspondence), a golden thread (perhaps financial, or possibly for King’s eyes only), there was a light yellow leather chord too.

8. Tysnow
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Dom,

Nice catch, I can make it out too, just where you said it was.

9. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Please, some with a more acute eye than mine upload every discernible line of text!

10. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Please, someone with a more acute eye than mine upload every discernible line of text!
    PS: How do I add an avatar?

11. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Oops, sorry for the double post – now triple – my connection is now kinda trippy.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

“Some of my favorite scenes filming today: the meetings of the King’s Small Council, featured in my episode and two others.”

Does this mean the small council is only featured in 3 out of 10 episodes? Man, I can’t wait for those scenes.

13. pualo
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Permalink
  14. Dom
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

pualo,

Thank you very much!

I can only read the two lines I mentioned before, the rest is too confused. Anyone with a better eyesight?

15. pualo
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

And so we have confirmation that much of the Dothraki Sea will be done with post-production effects, allowing them to film some scenes in Ireland.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

And most of the filming so far encompasses episodes III, IV, and V.

18. durandal
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to find out what the best way for whipping a slave is. :-)

19. pualo
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

On that same scroll, on the far side, I think it says “at Sunspear.” I can’t find any historical connection between Aegon IV and Sunspear though.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Whoa, that’s a motherload. Actually missed it because I was (finally) watching BE :) how fitting. Okay guys, off to bed now, looking forward to reading what you will have deciphered by then! Godspeed.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

It seems a little odd that there’s such a clear and visible sentence on that scroll, especially since it was flipped upside down. I wonder if Cogman knew those words were visible, and knew that we’d flip the image around and find them. Or if it’s just total random placement of the scrolls.

22. Derek Sharp
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

That was phenomenal to read! Felt like we were there! I hope they maintain consistent updates. Dream come true! Have to change my pronunciation of Maester tho…:)

23. Samuray
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I have a feeling that these roman numbers-style epiosde names mean that we won’t be getting real titles. Would be a shame.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Samuray: I have a feeling that these roman numbers-style epiosde names mean that we won’t be getting real titles.Would be a shame.

As far as I know, every HBO show has episode titles. They’re probably just not final yet, nor would Cogman tell us the titles at this point.

25. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Lex,

Don’t think the image was flipped etc. Pretty sure what we’re reading has bled through the scroll (vellum) hence the reverse and flip. Scroll is usually written the opposite to a role of wallpaper. Best description I can manage at this late hour ;)

26. Brude
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

I’m going to guess the different colored bands for the seals are from the different noble houses who are sending messages to King’s Landing all the time. Along with their official seal and official colored sealing wax (no doubt their house colors), they probably use appropriately colored bands as well. Arryn could use blue wax and a white cord. Red and gold from the Lannisters, etc., etc.

Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Jackie: Lex,
    Don’t think the image was flipped etc. Pretty sure what we’re reading has bled through the scroll (vellum) hence the reverse and flip.Scroll is usually written the opposite to a role of wallpaper.Best description I can manage at this late hour

Good point. Thank you! :)

28. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Do we know who’s desk this is? Ned’s or Pycelle’s?

More importantly, what were they eating?! ;)

29. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

This site has some pics of the Sandy Brae area where Bryan Cogman said they filmed the entrance into Vaes Dothrak. Thinking sunshine and CGI might make it look a bit better ;)

30. fake-o name-o
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Man, what is his beef with the Burgermeister?

31. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Oh and here it Sandy Brae on street view on Google Maps. Never thought they’ve have street view away out there ;)

32. hound
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

mmm looks like cheeeese

33. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

And finally for tonight, a view of the surrounding area… finally some sunshine ;)

BTW if you look carefully you can see Ned beheading someone on the far mountain side ;p

34. Jackie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Hmm…just realised it could in theory be Jon Arryn’s desk.

And now I’m off! Too much excitement at this late hour!

35. Fluke200
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Lex,

It’s true, and I’m so happy that my worries about getting updates were unfounded!

Posted September 23, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Fluke200: Lex,

I understood your point, I was frustrated too… but I felt confident that the updates were coming. I just don’t think we can hold the producers to any kind of set schedule, because of how busy they are (filming the show!).

37. Ollie
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

So I had the pronounciation of Maester correct in my head when reading! Yay!!!

Thanks for posting the update from Bryan Cogman. Enjoyed reading them and can’t wait till the next instalment. Need it now! LOL

Am a bit behind with all the going ons re filming & updates, but I’m really ploughing through the GoT book! Finding it hard to put it down and want to read any opportunity I get! (that’s pretty amazing for me).

Cheers!

38. the goat
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Notice that Cogman refers to the Eastern continent as “Essos” in the Aug 3 update. Its crazy to me that after 4,000+ pages it has never once been referred to that way. Although Adam was all over the fact that GRRM has used that term in conversations, appearances, etc.

39. Knurk
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Yeah the ‘Essos’ thing struck me too, I thought: what the F? Did I miss a whole continent reading those damned books 6 times?

On the other note, WiC and Ollie: I’m wondering if these pronunciations are cannon or that’s just the pronunciation they’re going by. I’ve listened to the audiobooks this motnh but I can’t remember how Royce pronunciates maester. It’s pretty awesome beacause the pronunciation now is like the dutch word meester, which is exactly what a maester is.

40. GaR
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Westeros has an article about canon pronunciation, I think. Maester is said “MAY-ster” according to GRRM, IIRC.

41. Nicole
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Reading this makes me more excited than I have been this whole time. For reals, Winter Is Coming. It’s going to bring tears to my eyes! ahahah

42. Zack
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

Does setting the record straight as far as “maester” is concerned mean we can expect similar pronunciation for “Daenerys?”

I mean, that ‘ae’ sound is one I’ve pronounced (apparently correctly, hooray) that same manner for years. Glad to know I’m getting it right.

43. the goat
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Zack,

Yeah, I think the first time I ever saw her name I pronounced it Dane-uh-ris in my head. But when he started calling her “Dany” for short, I automatically pronounced it Danny in my head, not Dainie, so I started pronouncing her fully name Dan-uh-ris. It’ll be interesting to see how they do it in the show. What is the pronunciation of Daenerys and Dany in the audiobooks, never listened to them?

44. the goat
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

“her full name”, not “her fully name.”

45. Zack
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

Eh, there’s real-world precedence for shortened names having a different vowel sound than their full form.

Barbara – Babs
    Harold – Hank

etc. I didn’t think anything weird in Dany’s case either.

46. Brude
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:06 am | Permalink

I think Daenerys is Dane-ee-reez (or Dane-eer-eez, I suppose).

At one point Drogo calls her ‘Dan Ares,” if memory serves (spelled like the god’s name). I think that was supposed to be a slight mispronunciation due to his Dothraki accent, but it suggests that the second and third syllable of her name is, or is close to the pronunciation of “Ares.”

I still think it’s likely “Dane” and not “Dan” for the first syllable.

47. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:28 am | Permalink

I always had it more like Day-nur-iss, emphasis on the first syllable, and quickly with no harshness at all in the last.

Now I’m wondering about that ‘y’ though. Viserys has the same thing, and I always hear that as “vie-zer-iss” in the same manner.

Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Yeah, it seems as though Day-NAIR-iss is the proper pronunciation.

49. obsidian
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:43 am | Permalink

Hmm..I’ve been thinking , ” Dane-air-iss” and “Viss-air-iss “, but ” dah-nee” for Dany…I guess I’ll have a heck of a time when reading, when/if I have to adjust. :)

50. obsidian
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Lex!
    yay..
    I had to answer the phone,mid- post and you posted in the meantime…now I’m half relieved, at least.

51. Chris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:57 am | Permalink

I’ve always read it as Day-near-ees, but with emphasis on the second and third syllable and not on the first… which makes it sound close to Dah-near-ees as well.

52. Avalanche3319
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 2:15 am | Permalink

pualo: So what happened to the Rhoynar? It usually goes “King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men.” Simple: Aegon IV dates to before Dorne became part of the Seven Kingdoms (though after its initial short-lived conquest). Nice authenticity, guys.  Quote  Reply

The “Rhoyner” part was also left out in the leaked pilot script when Ned is executing Gared. I vaguely remember some discussion that it might be confusing to people who arent familiar with the books.

Posted September 24, 2010 at 3:29 am | Permalink

Not much to add :) interesting, all of it, especially reading about the locations and scenes we had no idea about. I hope updates get regular from now on, at least one big catch-up post is needed to cover the period from August 5 to September 24. Likewise I hope HBO heads don’t take too much time approving Bryan’s posts.

Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:11 am | Permalink

BTW, we have been promised Castle Black and the tournament reports next time, which is in accordance with the known schedule. Looking forward to that.

55. Tremere
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:23 am | Permalink

56. Rimshot
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 6:33 am | Permalink

Man, from a famine to a feast. I get the feeling that we have all been on a rollercoaster for 2 years, slowly climbing to the top and now we are tipping down towards a burst of speed to the bottom!

I’m a bit bummed out that there isn’t a Tourney report though. Hopefully that will come.

57. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 7:53 am | Permalink

The pronounciation of maester does not necessarily hint anything about how Daenerys is pronounced. Maester is a word in the common tongue while Daenerys is a name in High Valyrian so the pronounciation could be different.

Then again since High Valyrian is no longer spoken regularly and Daenerys mostly speaks the common tongue it’s also possible that Daenerys could be pronounced with a common tongue accent.

Another possibility to consider is that maester might also be a lone word but there is nothing to hint at that so that would be complete speculation.

58. The Winter Rose
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Oh man, I am so curious as to how the pronunciation of the names is going to go.
    Bloodraven and I play in a Westeros table top game, so it’s going to trip me up so much if the pronunication is far off from how we’ve been pronuncing things.
    So far we’ve been on target with maestar! :D
    I’m always pronounced Daenrys, Dan-NAIR-reez and Viserys, Vis-AIR-reez.
    But that’s just me *shrugs*

59. 59
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I am so disappointed.

We get a whole bunch of new stuff and what do i see here? Nothing! Only 58 comments. No one is complaining about the font on the scrolls or that the maester pronounciation is different than what you had imagined. Come on guys! You can do better that this.

60. Mickey D
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:11 am | Permalink

In my reading, I’ve tended to go back and forth in my pronunciation of maester – between may-ster and my-ster, for some reason depending on the name following the title, or the context. i was never sure about the actual pronunciation, so wasn’t overly worried about it. For Daenerys and Viserys, however, I’ve consistently used Da-nAIR-iss and Vi-sAIR-iss for pronunciation – it rolls off the tongue easily, and just – i dunno – seems right to me… i’m really hoping (as i’m sure everyone else is, with their own preferred pronunciation, lol) that i’m right, because i’m one of those anal types that insists on getting things right, and i just know i’ll struggle for half of the book on my next re-read, having to go back and “fix” my “pronunciation” in my head until i read the line “correctly”. man – sometimes i wish i wasn’t quite so picky and could just go with the flow, not caring so much about relatively meaningless details like that, but unfortunately, i am, so…

61. Chalky
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:23 am | Permalink

pualo,

Nice negativity

62. Brad
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:23 am | Permalink

My own pronunciation opinions:

d’-NAIR-iss
    Same rhythm as D’abo, DiNardo, da Vinci, etc. The short version I pronounce as “Danny”.

KALL-a-see, her title
    VIS-a-riss, the beggar king
    VAIR-iss, the spider

63. Nikoleo
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:27 am | Permalink

I just love WiC’s “Follow me after the break” thing!

64. Scott
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Haha, pronunciations are always fun.

I always pronounced daenerys as Da – NAIR – iss or DAY-nair-iss with her short name as Danny.

Being someone who knows arabic I always pronounced Khaleesi as it would be pronounced in arabic with a KH letter that doesn’t exist in english. So I’m probably out of the norm on that, it’s just a scratching, harsh KH sound. KHA- lee – see

Viserys was always Vis-SAIR-iss to me but I was never sure, I always fought over myself on how his name was pronounced cause it was awkward for me.

Unrelated but funny I am from the US so Hermione for me was very weird in the Harry Potter books. I completely didn’t pronounce her name through the first 3 books until in the 4th book she is explaining to Krum how to pronounce it. So take the way I say things with a grain of salt cause I’m obviously retarded. :)

65. Ender
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Permalink

You know, I pronouce Daenerys like this: Daenerys. Oh the joy of Spanish, where we can actually pronouce words no one has written before.

66. Sekhmet
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Wow, love you geeky geeks!

Great site. Great posts.

But what made if for me is that Dinklage has a dwarf stunt double. That was beyond my imagination!

Love the scrolls, but let’s face it, they’re only going to be a passing thing in a scene.

67. Brian
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Tremere,

A part of me (the part of me that likes trees :) ) wishes they were filming in the Canadian Rockies, but I suppose proper accents in a Medieval fantasy is a fair tradeoff.

Was there a rumor of them filming in one of the scandinavian countries as well? Or am I mis-remembering? That could be useful for the stuff beyond the wall. Perhaps they will add filming locations in future seasons.

68. Mike L
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 10:37 am | Permalink

I’ve been very wrong before, particularly with Brienne. I always thought it was BRIE-enn (The first part I pronounced like the cheese). When I went to a book signing with G.R.R.M., someone asked a question, and it took me about a minute to clue in to who they were talking about. I think he said it along the lines of Brie-ENN-ee. To this day I still want to pronounce it my way when I read the books. Maybe it’s the French influence from living in Canada.

69. jwsnasa
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Brude,

I’ve always thought it was Dan-yair-es

70. Brude
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:15 am | Permalink

Mike L,

Everyone I know has always said Brienne’s name with the French pronunciation: Bree-enn, but yeah, I was at GRRM’s signing in NYC when Crows came out and I thought he said Bree-knee, but it might have been Bree-enn-ee now that you mention it. At first I didn’t know who he was talking about, only got it because of the context.

71. Mormegil
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Tremere: I’m really getting quite psyched about their heavy usage of the Mourne Mountains here.I myself have been up there about 2 months ago, and even though they are not real mountains, I can tell you that they are quite though and wild. Myself I went up Slieve Donard, which is a 850 m (2789 ft) mountain and the highest of Northern ireland.With the filming at tollymore coming up soon, will it be too much imagining catelyn and tyrion being attacked by the mountain-clans in areas like http://en.wikivisual.com/images/5/51/Mourne_mountains.jpg  Quote  Reply

The scene in your spoilers has already been filmed as seen in the Behind the Scenes video.

72. dizzy_34
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Has anyone suggested that the box on the table is the one that Lysa sends Cat the secret message in? That would make that Maester Luwin’s table. Just a guess on my part.

73. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Mike L: In my mind, I’ve always pronounced it Day-NAIR-iss, but looking again it could very well be Day-NAIR-ees, because of that ‘y’.

I pronounce it the same way you do, BRIE (cheese) – ENN. Except said so quickly as to almost be a single syllable.

74. izakmo
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:55 am | Permalink

75. Stella Maris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

On the subject of “Daenerys”…

I think they’re going to go with “den-AIR-iss” as the pronunciation. It’s not as harsh-sounding as “dan-AIR-iss”, especially given the accents everyone will be speaking with.

76. pualo
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I hope they release a pronunciation guide well in advance of the series. No matter what pronunciations they use, a lot of people will be unsettled, and a few will be irritated. Best to get that out of the way early for as many people as possible, to give them time to adjust.

77. Mickey D
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Stella Maris,

Actually, when i wrote Da-nAIR-iss, I was trying to figure out how to get the sound that I meant – which you figured out better than I… lol -
    the ‘den’ being what i’m talking about. You wrote it out much better than I – thanks lol

78. Josh K
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Scroll definitely says “at Sunspear” but like pualo I can’t many connections other than his daughter Daenerys Targaryen was married to Maron Martell by Baelor the Blessed.

79. Sam
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

I always pronounce things as Roy Dotrice pronounces them in the audiobooks. It’s “Dan-air-ees” as he says it, and since GRRM chose him for the reading, I go with his ways of speaking.

80. Langdon
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

So they’ll have writing about Aegon IV Targaryen and Sunspear on rolled up scrolls we’ll likely never see, but the Kingsguard is dressed in gold scalemail and brown shirts. I’m sorry, I just can’t get over hoping that that is definitely not the Kingsguard.

81. Sam
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Sam,

Oh, and he says Brienne “Bry-eehne”. Eehne sounding like “lean” on a chair.

82. Putter
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Hehe, I have always pronounced them Dan-uh-riss and Vis-uh-riss. As for maester, I always pronounced it May-ster so I guess they chose the similar route I did for that one :P

But then for Arya I always pronounce it A-rye-a which my friends hate me for, as they all pronounce it Air-ee-a like the word area. So what do I know :P

And I heard a discussiom about Catelyn being Cat-a-lynn instead of Kait-lynn like the name is usually pronounced her in the US at least.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out, but I think I will stick with my pronunciations regardless :P

83. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

If it were Dan-uh-riss, why not just spell it Danerys? I really don’t think that’s right.

Hodor – Ho! Door!
    Arya – Are ya a bonehead, or what?
    Drogo – long O both times
    Sansa – San (like sand) suh, not like sahnzuh or something weird. But that’s probably due to me being American. I bet they say it Sahn-suh on the show.
    Cersei – this is the one I go back and forth on all the time, Sir-say, or Sir-see? I lean toward the latter just because it’s rolls off the tongue easier, but I have a feeling the former is the more proper way. But I can’t even decide in my own mind. The one thing I’m decided on is that the e in the first part is not the sound in the word ‘end.’ I hope.

The common ‘ae’ sound in the Targaryen names, Aemon and Aegon, etc, all have the same sound to me as how the show is going to say maester. so: long A-mun, long A-gone.

Targaryen- Probably tar gar ee enn? But sped up of course, so it sounds like tar gar yen.

Tyrion – reminiscent of ‘tyranny.’ tihr ee uhn.

I’m prepared for the show to freak me out though and pronounce every name the exact opposite of how I’m used to.

84. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

I also wonder how they’re going to differentiate Asha and Osha. I’ve always said them

Asha – basically, like Ashley.
    Osha – Ahsh-uh

85. Ula Mišigoj
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I guess the rest of european languages would see it differently because our vowels are ” clean ” if you get my meaning .

I always saw the GoT words a bit like old english. Daenerys : Deh- neh- riss… Viserys: Veeh-seh-riss..

Zack,

my Asha – Ah-shah
    Osha- o as in “or ”

I guess :P Isn’t this fun !

86. Ula Mišigoj
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

By the way, those look like CAKES to me :o

87. Stella Maris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Zack,

Re: Aegon and Aemon and Aerys…

Aegon is pronounced like “EGG-on”…most obviously because Egg from The Tales of Dunk and Egg fame grows up to be Aegon V (the Unlikely)! That is a pretty cut-and-dry case.

The same holds true for Aemon as far pronunciation goes, so it’s “EM-on” (like the em in Emily). Aerys is “AIR-ees.” Maekar is “MECK-ar”, etc. It’s more like an e than an a. So I think Danerys is “den-AIR-ees” (I said “den-AIR-iss” before but after practicing a few times, “ees” seems more correct!)

As someone else pointed out above, this is a little different than how “maester” (MAY-ster) is pronounced, where the ae is pronounced as ay, as it is in words like “fae” and “daemon” (in programming). The difference is…maester is a word from the Common tongue, and all of the Targaryen names are High Valyrian.

88. tek
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Stella Maris,

you are assuming a pronunciation of Egg as Eh-G not Ay-G. if you use the later pronunciation for Aegon, it would be Ay-G on, and very similar to MAY-ster.

89. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Stella Maris,

I could get use to a pronunciation of “Emmon” and “Eggon” easily, I think. Thanks for the explanation; it makes sense.

Would Viserys then be pronounced Vih-zair-eez? Vie-zair-eez?

No matter how this shakes out, so many readers are going to have to adjust their readings for the remaining books, lol! :)

90. tek
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

tek,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/egg both pronunciations are listed here

91. Zack
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

I say “egg” correctly as ehg, not aig. I thought that was an oddity of language consigned only to the Southern/Southwestern U.S. I had cousins that would say “aig” for egg…drove me batty. :)

92. durandal
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

I was thinking the new photo might be a part of the openingsequence.

93. Stella Maris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Zack,

I say it “Viss-AIR-ees”…

Granted, this is all how Roy Dotrice pronounces it, too! I have always just gone with the assumption that these are the GRRM-sanctioned pronunciations.

I was glad to hear Targaryen because when I read the boos the first time I didn’t know how to pronounce that. Roy pronounces it as “tar-GARY-en.” Makes a lot of sense – I felt like an idiot! HODOR…

94. Stella Maris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

tek,

Yeah, I’m with Zach on this one…the “ay” pronunciation is peculiar to certain accents in the southeast US and not what I would consider the predominant pronunciation of the word in the English-speaking world. Furthermore, Roy Dotrice says “Egg-on” in the audiobooks, so I’m sticking to it! :)

95. tek
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Stella Maris,

Cool cool. Just thought I would bring up that there was an alternative. I am kind of a US mutt, so I never really know where my pronunciations come from. Like I said, was just putting it out there for thoroughness.

96. Stella Maris
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

tek,

No, no…I really appreciate you bringing it up! I actually find language really super fascinating even though I’ve never formally studies phonetics. I went over to the dictionary.com page for “egg” and found that they have a very lengthy pronunciation note for the word. Who knew?!

If it makes you feel any better, I’m an American mutt too :)

Who knows? They could pronounce things totally unexpectedly. Given how much attention they give to the Dothraki language, it wouldn’t surprise me.

97. Dan
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

I like the level of detail on the scrolls which noone will ever see. However, why the inattention to details of more noticeable things such as NO WHITE ARMOR for the Kingsguard? That just kind of pisses me off. Why change that?

98. Langdon
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Dan: I like the level of detail on the scrolls which noone will ever see.However, why the inattention to details of more noticeable things such as NO WHITE ARMOR for the Kingsguard?That just kind of pisses me off.Why change that?

Hahaha, agreed. As I said earlier. It’s absolutely insane that they say they’ll argue for two hours over the Bolton sigil or a page in a book that will flash by for a second, but such a HUGE, EXPLICITLY described aspect like the Kingsguard’s armor seems to be completely thrown out the window. I am not a fan of that at all.

99. Silverjaime
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Stella Maris: Who knows? They could pronounce things totally unexpectedly.

Hm,,,yes…and if there are any Northern Irish accents in the mix, the “ae” will be pronounced differently again! We tend to pronounce this with a flat ‘a’, more an ‘ea’ sound than an ‘ay’. Like the Geordies in the North East of England.

100. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Langdon:
    Hahaha, agreed.As I said earlier.It’s absolutely insane that they say they’ll argue for two hours over the Bolton sigil or a page in a book that will flash by for a second, but such a HUGE, EXPLICITLY described aspect like the Kingsguard’s armor seems to be completely thrown out the window.I am not a fan of that at all.

didn’t people suggest that white armour and white cloaks and white people (there aren’t any ethnic kingsguard right?) might not look so great on camera? also if the feel of the series is to go for “uber” realism then maybe white enamel armour isn’t something they thought would fly as “realistic” enough?

101. Langdon
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo?:
    didn’t people suggest that white armour and white cloaks and white people (there aren’t any ethnic kingsguard right?) might not look so great on camera?also if the feel of the series is to go for “uber” realism then maybe white enamel armour isn’t something they thought would fly as “realistic” enough?i am not a huge fan of the samurai armour for the lannisters as it would seem they have gone with but as long as the kingsguard have white cloaks (they are known as whitecloaks afterall) i am fine. yeah, the helmets seem a bit over the top and maybe the could have gone with a more “whitish” metalic look for the materiel but i will have to wait and see just how they look in the full context of the show.

I’m not even of the opinion that the armor HAS to be white. I think something like a silver would do just fine, with, of course, the white cloak. But these guys are at least supposed to be the elite knights in Westeros. They’re the KINGSGUARD. They should have armor that at the very least doesn’t look like someone like Bronn could just snag some if he wanted.

Assume for a second you know nothing about the books. If I see one of those guys standing next to the guy I assume is Ser Hugh, and you ask me to pick the elite bodyguard to the king, I’m going with Hugh everytime.

102. faso
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Hi

long time lurker from Bulgaria. Sorry for the off topic but I was just wondering how many of us lurkers are around? Again apologies if this is an inappropriate question.

As to the series already subscribed to HBO and I hope that there won’t be a huge delay between the airings in the States and in Bulgaria for the series :)

All best

Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Yeah, Bree-ENN-ee appears to be the official pronunciation, but it’s the only official one that I don’t like. I still say Bree-ENN in my head (the way a French person would read Brienne) because, IMO, it sounds much better. Bree-ENN-ee, IMO, sounds lame.

104. OldGran
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Lex,

Agreed on the Brienne, Bri ENN ee is lame. What about Margaery? Is is like margarine or a hard G Marg aery?

Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

OldGran: Lex,
    Agreed on the Brienne, Bri ENN ee is lame.What about Margaery? Is is like margarine or a hard G Marg aery?

I just say “Marjory”, like the real life name.

One mistake I made for years was saying JAYM Lannister. Eventually I found out that it’s JAY-MEE, but the spelling (“Jaime”) totally confused me at first.

106. Mark Howard
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Langdon,

We’ve seen little media concerning the series–pre- or post-production. Let’s not jump to any conclusions about the color of the Kingsguard armor when we haven’t even seen it yet.

107. pualo
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 2:03 am | Permalink

Posted September 25, 2010 at 2:22 am | Permalink

pualo: I’m pretty sure GRRM has commented that the audio book pronunciations have not all been cleared by him, so they shouldn’t necessarily be regarded as canon.

I hope this refers to Catelyn. Roy Dotrice pronounces it CAT-uh-lynn, which I don’t like at all (otherwise, Dotrice is awesome!). I think of it as KATE-lynn myself.

109. Ser Lurkalot
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Lex,

Agree about Dotrice’s pronounciation of Catelyn. Even worse (IMHO) is Petyr, which he pronounces p’TYRE. For me Petyr = Peter, but I really have no idea what GRRM intends so I could be totally wrong and Dotrice completely right (though I hope not). Love Dotrice’s readings in all other aspects. Have avoided listening to Feast since its not read by Roy.

Posted September 25, 2010 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Ser Lurkalot: Lex,
    Agree about Dotrice’s pronounciation of Catelyn. Even worse (IMHO) is Petyr, which he pronouncesp’TYRE. For me Petyr = Peter, but I really have no idea what GRRM intends so I could be totally wrong and Dotrice completely right (though I hope not). Love Dotrice’s readings in all other aspects. Have avoided listening to Feast since its not read by Roy.

My friend just started listening to the audiobook of AGOT. It’s not Roy, though, it’s some American guy! I didn’t know there were two versions. Anyway, I’ve only heard the first few chapters myself, but I told him he has to stop and switch over to the Roy Dotrice version, ASAP! :)

111. Blackfish Blues
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 5:25 am | Permalink

Is there anyone else who, like me, tried to pronounce “Tully” the French way, sort of “Tue-LEE”? I gave it up because it didn’t feel right.

However, I can’t shake the habit of saying Mor-MONT. It sounds more dramatic to me, like the tolling of a deep bell, especially without the T.

And I have a friend who pronounces ALL the names like they were French. The mystery is that neither of us is a Francophone…

112. Silverjaime
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Lex,

Hee Hee – I get that – I’m JAYM but my American friends say JAIMEE co that’s how they spell it.

113. Langdon
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Mark Howard: Langdon,

Well if the picture from the production video is, as an extra confirmed, a picture of the Kingsguard, then yeah we have seen them. There’s very little about it to suggest anything white at all, except what looks to be a stylized crown around the abdomen and some tribal tattoo looking scrollwork on the chest. I’m really, REALLY hoping I’m wrong. I could accept those guys as Goldcloaks no problem, but if it actually is the Kingsguard then I’ll be confused as to why they decided to mess around with something like that.

114. Tywin's Bastard
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Ser Lurkalot: Lex,

I agree, those two doesn’t sit right with me either.

As for Petyr I say it like ‘Peter’ but still with slightly more of a y-sound, although the difference doesn’t get that big.

115. Steve Westenra
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Mike L,

That’s how I pronounce Brienne as well. It just seems to make sense (but then, I’ve also grown up in Canada). It is spelled like a French name though.

116. Lidiany
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 12:34 am | Permalink

I love news…and comments =)

117. Shinyteapot
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

My pronunciations are:

Brienne- Bree-enn
    Daenerys- Daen-eh-ris, with ae= short, clipped a that sounds almost like an e (closer to Den than Dan but not quite either), with the r very soft, almost silent
    Viserys- Vis-eh-ris, r same as for Daenerys
    Petyr- Pete-ere
    Hodor- Hoe-door
    Catelyn- Kate-lin
    Cersei- Sehr-say

118. Tysnow
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Gone a few days, come back and all the discussion is on pronounciation, I mean lets look at some of them,

Daenerys Targaryen
    Viserys Targaryen
    Aegon Targaryen
    Catelyn Tully Stark
    Breinne of Tarth
    Ser Jorah Mormont
    Jaime Lannister
    Cersei Lannister

See that wasn’t so bad now, so what’s the difficulty?

119. Katrina Brooks
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

The pronounciations I use are:

Brienne: Bry-en (almost like the name Brian)
    Daenerys: Day-en-air-iss
    Viserys: Vih-sair-iss
    Petyr: Pete-ere
    Hodor: Hoe-door
    Catelyn: Kate-lin
    Cersei: Sir-say

The one I always get stuck on is Lysa, for some reason. Every time I see her name, I alternate between Lee-sah and Lie-sah

120. Rimshot
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 6:06 am | Permalink

izakmo: there’s a pie on the table. funny to think of someone actually baking a pie for a prop. i wonder what kind it is….  Quote  Reply

That’s nothing. There were roasted pigs at the Tourney that were real!

121. Gwenno
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 8:42 am | Permalink

I’ve never thought it’s what GRRM intended, but I always read Jaime as HY-meh. Perhaps I’m not alone in this. I always assumed the maid of Tarth was Bree-EHN, but am adjusting to Bree-uh-nee. After all, there is the flower and female name “Briony”.
    p’-TYRE, on the other hand is just makes me wince.

122. Silverjaime
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 8:46 am | Permalink

Rimshot,

Yummy – did you get any?

123. Ula Mišigoj
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I was the first to notice cakes ! MINE !! Ahahaha !! :P

124. Ula Mišigoj
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Lemon tarts from Eyrie ?

125. dizzy_34
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Rimshot,

Heh, not to offend any vegans out there, but that’s probably cheaper than making a prop of a roasted pig. Just hope none of it went to waste.

126. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 9:52 am | Permalink

faso,

I also wonder that.
    Do any of you admin know how many visitors there are here per day?
    From different ip adresses that is, since I stop by up to twenty times a day.

127. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Any possibility of having a “where are you from”-poll just to see how many answers we get and how we are distrubuted geograpically? There should be many out there with clickable flags that should be easily incorporated to a thread.

It would also be interesting with a “how did you find out about winter-is-coming.net”-poll.

Am I the only one curious about these things?

128. OhDanyBoy
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 10:57 am | Permalink

My Pronounciations:

Daenerys: die-NAIR-iss (Dany: DAN-ee)
    Brienne: Bree-ENN
    Arya: ARR-ee-ah
    Jaime: JAY-mee
    Viserys: VISS-er-iss
    Petyr: PEE-ter
    Catelyn: KAYT-lin
    Cersei: SIR-say
    Aegon: EYE-gon
    Targaryen: tar-GAIR-ee-in
    Mormont: more-MONT

Just to add my two pence.

Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:07 am | Permalink

c0venant,

Here are the top 30 countries by the number of visits for this month :)

1. United States
    27. Russia
    28. Brazil
    29. Greece
    30. Romania

130. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:13 am | Permalink

OhDanyBoy: My Pronounciations:Daenerys: die-NAIR-iss (Dany: DAN-ee)Brienne: Bree-ENNArya: ARR-ee-ahJaime: JAY-meeViserys: VISS-er-issPetyr: PEE-terCatelyn: KAYT-linCersei: SIR-sayAegon: EYE-gonTargaryen: tar-GAIR-ee-inMormont: more-MONTJust to add my two pence.  Quote  Reply

I would like to modify that to

Brienne (bri-ENN)
    Petyr (PEE-tir)
    Catelyn (KAYT-e-lin)

I guess it is a matter of taste

131. OhDanyBoy
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:17 am | Permalink

c0venant:
    I would like to modify that toBrienne (bri-ENN)
    Petyr (PEE-tir)
    Catelyn (KAYT-e-lin)I guess it is a matter of taste

It’ll be real interesting to see how the show pronounces them. A lot of people (actually, probably everyone) will have to adjust their own pronunciation on at least one name.

132. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Interesting.
    I wonder why there are so many visits from spain. Any theories?
    Im swedish and I understand that we rank high as we speak english and have a wide internet infrastructure.
    I guess the french sticks to frech-speaking sites…..and the russian may also be a bit lacking in english.
    ut why is Denmark ranking so low?

How many visitors in total?

133. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:21 am | Permalink

c0venant,

*but

And sorry, I forgot to say thank you for the information. :-)

134. OhDanyBoy
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Any chance we could see total numbers for each country? Would love to know just how many readers I am ‘among’ as it were.

Posted September 27, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

c0venant,
    OhDanyBoy,

You’re welcome. I dunno about visitor numbers and hits, that may be a business secret :) Higher level authorisation needed :)

Posted September 27, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

In addition, I don’t think I can easily get the number of unique visitors per country …

137. The Rabbit
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Rimshot,

The question is:
    Who ate the roasted pig after the tourney :)

138. Dennai
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

c0venant,

I wonder why there are so many visits from spain. Any theories?

Easy explanation,

it’s because, in the inmortal words of Queen:

“We are the champions, my friend,
    and we’ll keep on posting till the end,
    we are the champions, weee are the champions
    no time for losers, ’cause we are the champions of the woooorld”.

And this we’ll be my personal motto at least for the next four years.

Posted September 27, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Anyone seen this yet? New update on the MGoT website, HERE.

140. c0venant
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Dennai,

You should qualify to euro 2012 looking at your group.
    We will whoop your asses in the championship ;-)

141. Dennai
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

c0venant,

Ahem, are you talking about Sweden?

Sweden!?!

Is it some euro2012 of Curling or something you are talking about? “insert smiley here”
    Correction: “insert icon laughing his ass off to the point of uncontrollable tears”.

How do you put smileys on anyway?

142. Rimshot
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

About the Pig. Believe me, if you saw the shape of it after being in that feast tent for a week, you wouldn’t want any of it! Alot of the food was real and very fancy looking. The cakes were incredible! The wasps thought it was Christmas!

143. The Rabbit
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Rimshot,

Poor pig! :D

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Winter Is Coming and Monica Y Cruz, Winter Is Coming. Winter Is Coming said: New post: MGoT update: Cogman blogs the shoot http://bit.ly/coxDjt [...]