Reports from Belfast, Part deux
By Hear Me Roar on in Events, News.

Let us start a new post for further reports from the moot bound to drip in over the weekend. To begin with, the commenter, fan, and lucky attendant of the Thursday event Martin published a gallery of photos. The quality of them is great, with good lighting and many precious moments captured. He promises to add comments to all of them over the course of the day, so stay tuned. Three pics to whet your GOT appetite this morning:

The royal brothers, Robert (Mark Addy) and Renly (Gethin Anthony) Baratheon

George R.R. Martin in his element

John Bradley-West (Sam Tarly) and Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell) talking to George

Hear Me Roar: I selected a few I like best, including Martin’s personal favourite of Robert and Renly. Hard to choose though, as there are many more great ones among the bunch, and you really should take your time to browse through all of them, spot the familiar faces of the cast, crew, extras, and ardent fans that are becoming known to the community in their own right. I am sure many of these photos will make it into the personal albums of those who are featured on them. Thank you, Martin!

Click through for more photos and reports!

UPDATE: DrNickVC linked to some more uploaded photos over at Westeros forums.

UPDATE 2: For those who don’t know yet, two videos from the moot have been uploaded to serMountainGoat’s YouTube channel. Moving pictures! And pretty good sound, too. Oh, just noticed that serMG in fact tried to post a comment which got blocked by the mean spam filter goblins. Read below, he provides new photos and some really great resources for anyone who was in Belfast or wishes they had been there:

While the loss of the banners is a slap in the face let’s try and remember that we did have a very good night at the Moot, made some good new friends and met some of the cast members who are all incredible.

I have only 24 photos but they are now uploaded to my photo gallery.

The raffle was a big success and you can use the following links to review the prizes that were on offer, find out who won prizes, what they chose and watch the full video of the drawing which is now available on YouTube:

Raffle Prizes Poster
Raffle Winners List
WB AWESOME Charity Raffle Prize Draw Thing video on YouTube

After the raffle we had two boarders step up and sing a couple of folk songs composed specially for the occasion. Check out this YouTube video of lilsisorcha’s raw and passionate song ‘The Last of the Giants’. I also have video of Ser Mel T’s song ‘Off to the Wall’ but she told me in no uncertain terms that she would kill me if I posted it. However she was drunk when she made the threat so I may eventually be able to share it with everyone without fear of having my balls cut off, so keep your fingers crossed on that score.

I have also uploaded a text file with the full guestlist including cast and crew who were present, all BWB members, Extras and Others.

Hopefully a proper detailed report will be ready by tomorrow.

UPDATE 3: Jackie (JacMac30) has uploaded some more photos, and Ran has written the first part of his Belfast report.

UPDATE 3.5: Jackie blogs about het moot experience here, and Ran has written part two of his report. Here is also Ran’s report from the moot itself. We’ll post about the juicy bits, i.e. his set visit separately once Ran puts it online.

Mark Addy Presentation PictureUPDATE 4: Rimshot’s friend and GoT extra Diarmuid M. has sent me his pics from the moot. They include some hilarious photos that Diarmuid calls “Presentation Pictures.” I’ll let Rimshot explain what they are:

He describes Presentation pictures as ‘those pictures you would see in the early part of the twentieth century where someone important was presenting something like a trophy, medal or prize to the lucky recipient. But the main thing about these photos was that NO ONE EVER SMILED. They always looked really serious. So Dairmuid’s ambition is to get as many of these types of photos as possible. So he did, with the cast of ‘Game Of Thrones’!

1. Dominik Plewa
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Great photos. Kristian is really huge guy, I can definitely see him as a Hodor. Looks like it was a great time. At moments like this I wish I’d live in Ireland.

2. Ollie
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Oooh, I’ll post here too….

Thanks Martin for the photos of the Moot!

It’s great to finally put some faces to the actors and characters I’ve been reading about both here and in the book.
    (Yes, I know, if I had done some “research” I could have found pictures of them, and probably on this site too! )

3. Joe Anna
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Phew this really looks like a lot of fun! It’s a shame I couldn’t be there. Austria is just too far away from Ireland for a one-night-trip to a moot, haha.

4. The Rabbit
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Dominik Plewa,

Yeah, Kristian is huge.
    Have one photo of me standing near him in Dublin, I look like a hobbit, next to him.

5. Jonathan Leard
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:41 am | Permalink

sounds like a lot of fun. there is a bit of brouhaha going on over 1 or possibly 2 stolen banners from the event. westeros forums have a post from parris about it. she is NOT pleased.

Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:53 am | Permalink

The Rabbit,

Please do post it :)

Ollie,

You can find all the faces in one place :) click here.

7. The Rabbit
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:00 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Maybe, I could do it…but not till Monday, I do not have it right now with me.

btw, Martin s photos are great!

The Royal brothers photo is my favorite too.
    Only Stannis is missing on that one.

8. SteveThePirate2
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:13 am | Permalink

I love Martin’s photos. Very well done pics.

9. Libelle
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,
    looking at those pictures I realized again how very much alike the Stark brothers and Sansa look,…and how much they look like Michelle Fairly. Only Jon looks more like Ned (Sean Bean) and Arya. Exactly how it should be…I’m again very impressed by this incredible casting as a whole…

10. Steel_Wind
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Martin,

“BWB_Moot2_281010_018″

Okay. You win. It happened. (High-fives)

*sigh*

Hope it was fun! Great pics. What’s with the heartthrob actors and all these foofy scarves? Was the event billed as “Dress up as The Doctor, circa 1984?”

11. Sweetonsigmafilms
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:48 am | Permalink

Many thanks indeed to Martin for the pics!, especially ones of the wonderful Jamie Sives! :)

Longtime lurker here first comment I think, but just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those expressing many thanks and much appreciation for the long hours put into all the reports, updates, tweets and photos-so cheers to Rimshot, Silverjamie Jackie and more for the Moot updates, and to WIC!. Always appreciate any news too about Jamie, and another excellent Scottish actor James Cosmo (can’t believe he was there too) Thanks again!

Sue
    (sweetonsigmafilms blogspot.com)

12. gofalcons
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Love this picture: of Jory looking at George.

Why is Jory giving GRRM the stink eye? Maybe he has read ahead?

13. SteveThePirate2
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:54 am | Permalink

gofalcons,

He looks completely hammered in that pic. I love it.

Posted October 30, 2010 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Sweetonsigmafilms,

Let this be our official welcome to you :) delurking appreciated! Glad you’re enjoying our efforts.

15. Shinyteapot
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Really wish I had gone along :( Seriously considered it (I’m based in SE England at the moment, it’s not too far) but sadly finances (or lack thereof) got in the way. Recession sucks.

I wonder if something similar will happen next year, or will the legions of fans the show will accumulate (of course, not a bad thing, but they won’t all fit in the pub) make this impossible?

Still, it looks like you all had a great time and the various cast members all seem to have perfect looks for their roles- I was always a little unsure of whether the royal brothers would look alike enough, but that photo just proves how perfect the casting is- very believable. And I didn’t appreciate just how tall Kristian is until seeing those pictures. They all look superb. I shall reign in my jealousy and start saving for next year :)

16. Qthulhu
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Wow WW, those pics are amazing.

For anyone who wasn’t there, the place had a strip of alternating lights casting weird hues over everything, and was pretty dark. I am in awe.

17. marzman
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Hi all,
    here is another longtime lurker. Thanks for the awesome pictures. It’s great to see the actors mingle with the fans to have a good time. It is also good to see that the actors are just human beings like everybody else. Something to consider next time we are having a *gate about noses, hairstyles, talents, chairs, music…….

18. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:46 am | Permalink

*Emerges from the dark pit that is final thesis-editing*

WOW. It has been too long since I’ve posted on here. The photos look great and make me extremely jealous. Gotta start saving my pennies for next year.

I miss my WiC friend!

19. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Shinyteapot,

You and me both! Though, my flight would be a little longer unless I’m living abroad as planned next year!

20. Phoenix_torn
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,

Kelsey! It’s been awhile!

I think the Canadian contingent of the BwB needs to try for a group discount next year ;)

21. reedgirl
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Look at that last pic (with GRRM & Loras & Sam…) Just look. George is LIVIN’ the DREAM. I’m so happy for him.

I can’t imagine what it’d be like to be surrounded by actors playing characters of my own creation. But I know I’d die happy.

22. Steve Westenra
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

We should have our own, Canadian moot. XD

23. Phoenix_torn
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Steve Westenra,

We might have to have a few depending where everyone is in the country. :) I’m up for an Ontario Moot lol.

24. Phoenix_torn
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

And again. Tanks for the pictures everyone. These are great. Everyone looks like they’re having a good time. The Baratheon brothers pic kills me.

Posted October 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

LOVE the pic of Robert & Renly. They totally look like brothers.

26. JH
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Really great photos…it looks like a very fun evening for all parties involved. This whole production must be a huge blast for Martin.

27. Martin
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the comments on the photos. Only just back here after attending a Medieval Halloween. I’ll try and get some more comments added later.

One thing that made me chuckle, the most viewed photos all have Kit Harrington in :) wonder what’s going on there then ?

@Steelwind: Yup – really did happen, tried to keep a good serious face on, but the inner fan just upped and out with a huge grin.

Martin

28. theMountainGoat
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

I have only 24 photos but they are now uploaded to my photo gallery.

Raffle Prizes Poster
    Raffle Winners List
    WB AWESOME Charity Raffle Prize Draw Thing video on YouTube

After the raffle we had two boarders step up and sing a couple of folk songs composed specially for the occasion. Check out this YouTube video of lilsisorcha’s raw and passionate song ‘The Last of the Giants’. I also have video of Ser Mel T’s song ‘Off to the Wall’ but she told me in no uncertain terms that she would kill me if I posted it. However she was drunk when she made the threat so I may eventually be able to share it with everyone without fear of having my balls cut off, so keep your fingers crossed on that score.

I have also uploaded a text file with the full guestlist including cast and crew who were present, all BWB members, Extras and Others.

Hopefully a proper detailed report will be ready by tomorrow.

29. Andrija Andrew P
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Hey folks, greetings from Croatia.
    This is sooo cool! I mean the fact that you can just walk into a pub and see ppl like GeorgeRR and King Robert with a cold beer in their hand and just start talking with them.. I would really like to be there next time around and I hope that this will all be repeated in 2011. I hope that EVERYONE had a great time. Cheers :)

30. Johan Sporre
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Doesn’t Kit look an awful lot like Orlando Bloom from Kingdom of Heaven when he has that scruffy look?

31. GrzebykK
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Awesome gallery!
    It’s great to see the cast fraternizing with fans, strange however seeing kings and knights (and Hodor of course!) just clubbing like all of us :)
    I am very happy seeing GoT Joe among the cast. Hope it’s not the last time! Fingers crossed.

32. reedgirl
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn: Steve Westenra,
    We might have to have a few depending where everyone is in the country. I’m up for an Ontario Moot lol.

ME TOOOO!!!

33. paulgude
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Martin,

Great job on these! I really like the direction they’re going with Kit for Jon. Completely different from my initial mental image, but pretty awesome.

34. Half Myrish
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

I know a few of the fans have already commented on our Jon Snow, but that Lancel is a looker too in those pictures … who can blame Cersei, really?

35. Inkasrain
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Yes, indeed. Those are some bloody beautiful boys.

Mmmmmmmm.

36. Jéssica de F. Maciel
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Half Myrish,

Inkasrain,

Indeed, we are not short of these, but i am a little confused eugene is only what, 17? he looks a little older…

37. Two Feathers
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Just back on line today as I have been poorly for last few days. I have read the post by Parris over at Westeros,and I feel so sorry for her and George. One bad apple has really spoilt an otherwise amazing event. I really hope the thieving b*****d is caught on cctv and can be brought to justice. Perhaps a picture of the missing banners could be posted so they can be easily identified by us all. Judging bu the size of the Targaryen banner in the moot photos the missing banners must have been quite large also, not easy to smuggle out of the venue without someone seeing something suspicious.If you do have ANY information please come forward.Having worked as an extra on the show I am deeply saddened by this incident , please Parris don`t tar us all with the same brush. All the extras I have had the pleasure of knowing on this production are genuine ,honest people .I would like to echo Rimshot,Silverjamie and Martin`s offer of help in any way I can.

38. Grinbomb
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

serMountainGoat posted a couple video’s from the moot on his you tube channel, I’ll try and post the link here *fingers crossed*

39. Grinbomb
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Damn it! oh well, you can copy and paste this if you want to check it out:

40. Grinbomb
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

What!? I spent 5 minuets trying to get the link to work, and then I did it accidentally in 5 seconds! I don’t understand technology.

41. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

reedgirl,

YES Ontario Moooot!

42. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

Very long, over a month! I’ve been taking quick peeks to see what WiC has to offer news wise, then I return to editing, and dealing with my lurvely students!
    I’ll try to be around more often, especially if we negotiate an ontario moot!

43. Ollie
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 5:11 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    Ollie,
    You can find all the faces in one place click here.

Thank you HMR!
    I did look at that page ages ago, but forgot about it. D’OH!

Posted October 31, 2010 at 5:58 am | Permalink

theMountainGoat,

Ser, can you check the links? The raffle poster is linked to the raffle video instead. Great job compiling the lists!

Posted October 31, 2010 at 6:29 am | Permalink

Never mind, I tried enetering a different URL based on the winners list file name and it worked :) fixed!

46. Elio & Linda
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink

I spoke with Simon Brindle, the head of the costume armor department, about a great deal of the armor. One thing I specifically asked about was the change to the Kingsguard armor. I wondered if perhaps they moved away from the pure white because of how it looked on camera, and in fact he nodded his head and said yes, the gleam from it wasn’t working well in relation to everything else you’d see on screen and so they went in this direction with it instead.

So chalk this up to a point where George’s imagination outpaces reality, or perhaps that in his setting they can get that white looking just so, whereas in RL they can’t.

I got a chance to get a _very_ close up look at the armor, and even saw a few production photos of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in it. It looks quite fabulous, and not at all like something just “anyone” could have. The “tribal” design is nothing but an orante, scrollwork crown, and I actually very much appreciated that detail to more explicitly link them as the king’s personal guard. GRRM seemed to like it too.

47. Elio & Linda
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Elio & Linda,

Oh, and yes, they have white cloaks, just as Rimshot reported. Have a picture of one, in fact. Pristine white, just as it should be! Even saw a photo of the cloak as worn draped over the horse’s flank.

48. The Rabbit
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Andrija Andrew P,

Pozdrav Andrija :) Pridruži se slobodno, ovdje nitko ne grize.

Elio & Linda,

A sigh of relief (white cloaks)…

Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Elio & Linda,

Great info! Thanks for clarifying. I figured that the white armor wasn’t coming out on camera as they would have liked. This production has been very faithful to the story, so a change like that seemed like it would have had to have had some sort of reason for it. Nice to get confirmation. Love that we now have someone who’s been on the “inside”!

50. Half Myrish
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

You’re going to move this comment to the costume thread, right? Because I just failed at posting a link to this comment *sad*.

51. theMountainGoat
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Sorry not sure how I messed that up, I will repost the link here: Belfast Raffle Poster

52. Andrija Andrew P
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 9:18 am | Permalink

The Rabbit,

Aaaa super pozz i tebi. Ima nas još, znači :) Baš mi je drago kaj su odlučili ekranizirati seriju, to je fkt jedina stvar kojoj se veselim u 2011. LOTR i Hobita su čekali jedno 70 godina tako da je ovo u svakom slučaju poboljšanje.
    Anyways,not to be rude, I really liked all the pictures and the only thing missing as far as I am concerned was Lena(Cersei). Guess you can’t have it all :D

53. Omega
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 10:54 am | Permalink

I don’t mean to be a smartass, but what were banners doing at a Brotherhood Without Banners meeting?

54. Herta
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

Yes, an Ontario moot would be wonderful!!

55. Martin
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

So – any demand out there for some larger images ?

Martin

Posted October 31, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Martin: OK – I’ve been approached by a couple of people who have requested that I post some higher res images of a certain Kit Harrington from the Moot (those already up have been somewhat reduced in size).So – any demand out there for some larger images ?Martin

A higher res of Robert/Renly would be cool.

57. reedgirl
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

OOh Kit Harrington is so CUTE~ I wanna take him home and make him porridge. I’ll take Finn Jones as well. Curly locks totally work on these men.

58. Inkasrain
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Martin,

[smallvoice] Um. Yes, please. [/smallvoice]

[smallervoice] And Eugene Simon too, if you don’t mind. [/smallervoice]

59. The Rabbit
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

No NCW, no higher res for me :P

60. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Martin,

Hey Martin, could I be cheeky and ask for Hi-Res ones that I’m in? If it’s easier you can mail them to me.

It was lovely to meet you and thanks so much for taking the pics :)

61. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Finally got my pics uploaded

Video of the raffle is still uploading.

62. Martin
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

No problem Jackie – I’ll try and get a few done tonight and post them.

Great photos – had to laugh at the one I’m in, squinting through the camera in the corner. Shame it was such a rainy day for the bus trip after.

Same goes for everyone re. being very friendly and chatty – it was just an awesome night.

Martin

63. The Rabbit
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Great.
    We got our first photo of Grenn at the moot.

Thanks Jackie!

64. Samantha Hirst
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Jackie MacPherson,

Awesome Jackie! Thank you so much for letting me all but steal your camera for the evening. I so need to buy a new one.

Martin,

Ditto to what Jackie said – could I possibly have the ones that I am in please. You’ll have me down as SamanthaofTarth, as that is my Westeros name. And it was awesome meeting you, though I didn’t see much of you once you went into photographer mode; and congrats on winning in the raffle!

65. Jéssica de F. Maciel
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Samantha Hirst,

by the way i loved your scarf

66. Samantha Hirst
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Jéssica de F. Maciel,

Thank you very much!

67. Samantha Hirst
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Jéssica de F. Maciel,

*pokes* It won’t let me reply. Humph. I did say this earlier but it has apparently swallowed my reply and spat it out into the abyss, so I’ll say it again: Thank you very much! I got it from Republic.co.uk, but I’ve just had a look and I can’t see it anymore, so I think they’ve stopped selling it.

68. Jéssica de F. Maciel
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

well it seems i cat log in on twitter so here it goes:

Samantha Hirst,

What a shaame i really liked it! And it’s very cool put some faces in some names

69. Steve Westenra
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

An Ontario moot would be perfect, as I am, in fact, in Ontario. ;p

70. OldGran
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks all for the great pictures, videos,and commentary. I feel as if I were there too, and I didn’t have to leave the Sonoran desert. what a great bunch!

71. Jéssica de F. Maciel
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Samantha Hirst,

Cool!! Thank you very ,much, so beautiful =]

72. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted October 31, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Well, thats at least 6 for an ontario moot!!

73. Ollie
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:18 am | Permalink

Martin,

Jamie Sives. (Don’t think I’d be the only one for those! ;) )

Thank you Martin!

74. Martin
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:33 am | Permalink

I’ve posted higher res images to flickr – but unfortunately it seems to have truncated their size to 1024 (they are typically 2000-2400 pixels). Either I’m missing a setting somewhere, or flickr has a max size.

For what it’s worth – the 1024 images are here:

I’ll post the full size ones to my own web space tonight.

Martin

75. Martin
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:42 am | Permalink

Ollie: Martin, Yes!Jamie Sives. (Don’t think I’d be the only one for those! )Thank you Martin!  Quote  Reply

There’s one or two Jamie ones in there :)

Martin

76. Crotalidian (Paul)
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 6:13 am | Permalink

Great to see all of those Photos! and I actually made it into a few of them! (thanks DrNickVC!)

I will restress how amazing that night was and how unfortunate that the banner went missing. I really hope someone owns up and returns it so that we dont lose out on thi amazing intimate interactions with George and the Cast.

I have been AFK all weekend will try and collect thoughts and put in a single post later today.

77. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Samantha Hirst,

Hi Samantha,

glad you found the photos. Thought I’d replied last night but it seems my posts were swallowed by the cyber demons. Anyway glad you got home eventually and it was great to meet you and share the Rain Tour experience ;) You on Twitter yet? ;)

78. Samantha Hirst
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Jackie MacPherson,

Lol. Most of my posts last night vanished as well. And yeah, that Rain Tour was something else, especially the river up stairs. Everybody should experience it. And I’m not on Twitter yet…….it’s a work in progress. XD

79. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 9:56 am | Permalink

OK, the raffle video is finally up and in HD! Oh and to sell it further… I zoomed in on Kit! ;p It’s much the same as serMountainGoat’s video but from a different angle. It’s still dark, I had to follow Rimshot who was shooting for serMountainGoat but you can make them out ;)

Seriously though all the guys were brilliant, lovely and very approachable. Hugs to all! ;)

ps. I’ll pop up a couple of very very short vids I took while UTV were there. They’re under 10 seconds but give a bit of atmosphere.

80. ezeqiel
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

on a slightly seperate, but sets related note… the pink GOT signs were back up in Saintfield over the weekend and still there this morning… the site is still being referred to as LOC2.

Driving past during the afternoon on Sat and the gates were closed. Add that to the fact that there are floodlights setup for the narrow lane into the estate, makes me think that they may be shooting night scenes.

All that coupled with a rumour heard that they are possibly shooting a particular ambush by a certain Lannister on a certain Stark this week – could that be what its for? Alternatively any ambush, if being shot, may well have been moved to Malta & Kings Landing this week where I believe GRRM himself is attending set (is that right?).

I’m gonna see what other info I can dig up on that Saintfield site and the type of scenery available.

81. Martin
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 10:53 am | Permalink

ezeqiel,

Hey Ezeqiel,

I put up a couple of shots of the tower that’s just beyond where they set up their entrance (based on the old position of the signs) – although I’m not sure how ‘usable’ that tower is for any of the locations in the book.

There are a couple of large stables around there – so there is a possibility, I thought, for battle scenes, quite possibly an ambush.

I can go home that way tonight to see if there is any activity. Funny thing is, we drove past there yesterday (Sunday) and didn’t notice the signs (we weren’t looking for them though and it is quite possible we simply drove past without seeing them).

There is also a Rath towards the rear of the estate, but it’s quite some distance from that entry point.

BTW – the shot of EdricStorm + George is up on flickr as a larger image – full size ones will be posted probaly later tonight via my own webspace.

Martin

82. Martin
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Jackie MacPherson,

Jackie – thanks for posting the raffle vid, just been watching it, and apart from catching a view of me gurning through my camera, it’s great :)

Martin

83. dizzy_34
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Odd quest Diarmuid is on but funny. Loving all the pics and reports.

84. Maxwell James
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 11:14 am | Permalink

OT: The production may be in a bit of trouble for damaging some fragile areas in a nature park in Malta.

The financial damage (€15,000 ) doesn’t sound too bad for them (though as an archeo-phile I do mourn any fossils that may have been lost). But it’s also interesting to note that the location they were shooting at, Dwejra, is pretty stunning. Wonder what they may have been filming there?

85. Maxwell James
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Maxwell James,

Just saw that Dwejra must be the same as the Azure Window referenced in the earlier Russian report. Nonetheless, amazing location.

86. ezeqiel
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Maxwell James,

@ Martin I’ll let the brother know that the high-res image is up

(do I remem correctly if there was a pic taken of me & him together – if so, how did it turn out?)

I’m heading home myself this evening at about 6:30, so it’ll be after dark – will be interesting to see (if the signs & floodlight/generator are still there) if the lights are on or not.

87. dizzy_34
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Maxwell James,

That’s funny. So how else are they supposed to remove wet sand? If it was such a sensitive area (especially with fossils around) why would they allow a permit to film crews to begin with? Governments in action I suppose.

88. The_Rabbit01
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

My promise @HearMeRoar

Please, do not make it into headline :P

Hobbit and Kristian N.

Hodor!

89. Brad
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Amidst all the compliments paid to the male cast members, allow me to extend a friendly compliment to the various female community members that have been pictured — Jackie, Samantha, and silverjaime, you all looked great! Truly a gathering of beautiful people. :-)

Glad you all had a good time.

90. Nymeria
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,
    Phoenix_torn,
    Steve Westenra,
    reedgirl,
    Herta,

Count me in for the Ontario moot!

91. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Brad,

Oh blush! Lovely of you to say so. Personally I was horrified at just how wild my hair was getting! Swear it has a life of its own ;)

Have to say I hadn’t notice on the night but Silverjaime pointed it out to me on the Sunday that there were very very few women in the bar that night. Lucky us! ;)

92. dizzy_34
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Ran’s got part 2 up.

93. Ollie
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Martin,

Thanks very much Martin!

94. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Nymeria,

Woot! Moot!

95. Phoenix_torn
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,

How many of the Ontario-ians (?) are on the Westeros board? It might be easier to talk about this over at the BWB forum, if people actually want to do some sor tof get together.

96. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

Good question, I’m not sure! I can try and start a thread and see?

97. Nymeria
    Posted November 1, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,

Phoenix_torn,

I’ve never subscribed to the Westeros board, but if that’s what it takes, then I don’t mind :)

There’s a thread started in Sept 2010 by Snake from Dorne, who wants to start a BWB chapter in Toronto. Let me know if you start another thread or decide to join that one. Toronto is still pretty far for me, but I guess we’ll have to see where everyone is from.

98. Phoenix_torn
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Nymeria,

Kelsey Catherine,

Steve Westenra,

I’ve started a new thread on the WiC board. I’m also on Twitter if we want to talk over there.

99. Kanga
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 2:25 am | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine: Well, thats at least 6 for an ontario moot!!

And now it’s seven :) I’m over in Alberta so it’s still a bit of a distance, but much closer than Ireland so works for me!

Also, wow, those moot pictures make me feel young. I’m eighteen, and here everybody else it seems is in their thirties (at least). Reminds me of the time I went to a Jack Whyte signing and was the youngest person there by a minimum of about thirty years. haha :)

100. Phoenix_torn
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Kanga,

Love Jack Whyte! I scored a review copy of his “Forest Laird” book when I interviewed at Penguin. Would have been nicer to actually get the job, but I guess a free book is at least something :P

101. Kanga
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 3:05 am | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

Very nice! Free Jack Whyte writing is never a bad thing :) I must confess though, I don’t know that book. The signing I went to was for Knights of the Black and White, apart from that trilogy and a Dream of Eagles I haven’t done the best job of keeping up to date with his work. Too busy reading GRRM maybe :)

102. Crotalidian (Paul)
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 5:35 am | Permalink

Kanga,

Well with the exception of some of the cast members. Eugene etc. I have a feeling I was the youngest (male) there at 24, even if I look closer to 30.

It was interesting to note that there were no Season 1 ‘villans’ at the moot. Sandor, Jaime, Ser Allister etc. I know that a lot of them were shooting in Malta but having lancel as the only Lannister present was quite interesting . Were they worried about getting booed?

103. silverjaime
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Crotalidian (Paul),

Just when you’re talking about baddies…. OT – did anyone hear when or if any further scenes involving Littlefinger are being shot? I just have some mail for him and if he’s finished I’ll send it to his agent……

104. silverjaime
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 6:53 am | Permalink

Brad,

You’re obviously a very courteous man! I’m afraid I was so hot my face was totally red and shiny most of the night – added to the heat of course was the HOTNESS of the cast! And yes – females were definitely in the minority – though I’m quite certain that will change after the first screening…..

105. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Kanga,

I’m 24! But I teach high school students, and they occasionally make me feel like a grandma.

(Miss S., why don’t you watch Jersey Shore?)

106. Steve Westenra
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Phoenix_torn,

107. Steve Westenra
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Steve Westenra,

I’m 24 and teach at a university, so my students are often as old as I am or just a bit younger, and yet I STILL get the impression that I am completely behind-the-times in their eyes, haha. Even this fifty-something year old postman who I met while walking home one day stopped me to laugh at the fact that I was using a CD player (he had an ipod or some other thing that does what ipods do). It was amazing.

108. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Steve Westenra,

where are you teaching?

Ipods are for sheep. Baaaah!
    hehe

109. Steve Westenra
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,

I should say that I was teaching at the University of Waterloo, but I moved to Toronto in September to start a second MA, and so right now I am between jobs. :/

And that they are my friend. XD

110. Nymeria
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Steve Westenra: Phoenix_torn,This is a dumb question, I know, but where is this board? I thought these posts were the message board. ): (Yes, I am, in fact, that internet-dumb).

I think Phoenix got confused a bit. She started a thread on the Westeros forum, titled “Ontario Meet-Up”. You can find it in the BWB category. And you’re quite right. There’s no other board than these posts on WiC.

oh, and I’m 28, so not that much older I guess :)

111. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted November 2, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Nymeria,

Haha, awesome, thanks! Now off to try and navigate the Westeros site. o.o

It’s kind of funny how most of us Canadians seem to be young’ns.

112. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Steve Hugh Westenra,

Yup, real babes in arms. Catch you kids over there!

113. Kanga
    Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:29 am | Permalink

Crotalidian (Paul),

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, it was fourteen years ago now that GoT came out, right? (Oh, George and his famed glacial writing speed. I’m not complaining though :) ) If I look at it that way, I am kind of late to the fandom party. Darn you guys being born earlier, getting a head start ;)

Kelsey Catherine,

Hehe :) No offense to any Jersey Shore watchers here, but in my opinion a lack of Jersey Shore-watching is definitely a plus :P
    Also I agree about ipods. haha.

114. Kelsey Catherine
    Posted November 3, 2010 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Kanga,

I put an official ban on all Jersey Shore commentary while I’m teaching in my grade 10 history course. They can talk about it during group work or freetime, but when I’m teaching, it’s not happening.
    Another teacher on staff watches it and keeps a list for me of the more inappropriate sayings, like grenade, so I can catch them insulting each other. It makes my girls wild! They recreate it or something. I HATE THAT SHOOOOW! lol

115. Kanga
    Posted November 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Kelsey Catherine,

Hahaha, sounds like quite the battle you’ve got going over there. *sends telepathic moral support* Best of luck in your noble fight! :P I refuse to watch that show. Scripted dramas only, lol.

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by sweetonsigma, fiende bass, fiende bass, Winter Is Coming, MyriL and others. MyriL said: RT @WiCnet: New post: Reports from Belfast, Part deux http://bit.ly/b8mEzW #GameofThrones [...]

2. [...] Jamie also attended an event last Thursday in Belfast for HBO‘s Game of Thrones (Jamie plays Jory Cassel in the series). Sweet on Sigma points out some photos of the event over on Flickr and WIC.net. [...]