Your weekly Game Of Thrones news roundup:
- First up, an interview with Rory McCann (Sandor) at the Daily Express where he reveals he was homeless and broke prior to booking his role in Game Of Thrones. Ironically he was living in Iceland, where he may end up returning if the rumors are true.
- GQ reportedly has a mention of Game Of Thrones in their latest issue in a section that talks about pay cable babes. If anyone has more info on this, please post it in the comments.
- TV.com has posted a list of their most anticipated new shows of 2011 and Thrones has made the list. TV.com seems pretty excited about the show and calls it “the event of the year.”
- TV Squad’s Mo Ryan is also excited about the show and talks about it here, in a recent mailbag post. She does express some reservation over the look of the Targaryen’s, particularly their wigs. (You are not alone FaB!) She also reveals she will be headed to the winter TCA tour and to Stay Tuned for more Thrones coverage.
- The Belfast Telegraph reports that the Norther Ireland government plans to build an expansion to the Paint Hall studios. Game Of Thrones seems partly responsible for the expansion as the production has been a successful investment for the NI film industry.
- Lastly, in filming news, Belfast’s Sunday Life has an article detailing some filming that went on at Inch Abbey. The article mentions the site was converted to look like a medieval castle and that some fake blood was in use. Rimshot has photos of the article on his Twitter. Ran speculates that it might have been the site of Moat Cailin.