Game of Thrones news and notes from the past week:
- George R. R. Martin is back and blogging. He recently posted a photo of Maisie Williams posing in front of a Sky Atlantic billboard featuring her as Arya. It must be strange seeing your face pop up while driving around town.
- Speaking of Maisie Williams, a short interview with her appeared at This Is Somerset. She talks about her character and also her experience working with Sean Bean.
- Another short interview, this one with Sean Bean in What’s On TV, reported on at Digital Spy. He calls Thrones ‘disturbing’ and ‘not for kids’ but says since he was playing a good guy, he didn’t get too involved with the brutality.
- The press’ excitement for the show continues over at the Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex blog. Blogger Amy Ratcliffe gives five reasons the show will be a success.
- Charlie Jane Anders at io9 reports on the end result of the damage in Dwerja. It appears that the damage to the environment was not as extensive as originally believed. Which is good news. Hopefully the production can return to Malta for the second season.
- In casting news, Westeros has a run-down of minor roles that have been revealed via the actors’ CVs. These roles are likely non-speaking parts as HBO has not included them on the official cast list. But if you’d like to see what Thrones‘ Lord Glover or Lord Bracken looks like, head on over and take a peek.
- And lastly, in four-legged cast member news, we have a photo from the Game of Thrones Facebook page that is purportedly of the dog that plays Summer in a few scenes. From the same album is this one of the father of the little pups, which shows how big these Northern Inuits can get.