Davos cast and Cressen confirmed!
By Winter Is Coming on in Casting, News.

Oliver Ford DaviesThe casting blowout continues. First, we got confirmation from George R. R. Martin that his earlier casting clues were hinting at Oliver Ford Davies as Maester Cressen. Cressen is a maester in service to Stannis Baratheon. Credit goes to Kenn Sharp for being the first to guess Davies.

Liam CunninghamThen James Hibberd adds another casting announcement to his already long list of Thrones casting exclusives, Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth! Davos is a former smuggler that has become a loyal and trusted aide to Stannis.

The final major new role on HBO’s Game of Thrones has been filled: Irish actor Liam Cunningham has landed the part of Davos for the show’s second season.

Cunningham has appeared in many productions over the years, including Starz’ now defunct Camelot, the recent Clash of the Titans remake and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

Winter Is Coming: I see HBO still hasn’t learned how to drip-feed casting announcements. Still, I think both of these choices are rock solid. Liam Cunningham as Davos, in particular, fits my mental image of the Onion Knight to a tee. The season two cast is finally starting to fill out and not a moment too soon.

1. Sandra Gomes
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Liam Cunningham was in “Hunger”, right?

2. The Young Wolf
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

I’ve never seen Liam Cunningham in anything. I trust the casting directors, though.

Apparently Cunningham and Carice van Houten starred together in the film Black Butterflies. Check out this picture from IMDB of the two of them together:

Certainly do not expect Davos and Melisandre frolicking together on the beach anytime soon.

3. Roy Mars III
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

a poor man’s Jason Isaacs, but still a good casting choice.

4. fafhrd
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

String of winners there.

5. Jose
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Liam Cunningham is fantastic, a solid character actor who has done everything.

6. Steve the Pirate
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

My nerd heart can’t handle all this awesome!

7. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Nice!

I just saw Liam Cunningham in Harry Brown.

I think he’ll be good. Reminds me of a non-French Jean Reno.

8. fafhrd
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Jose,

Anything good? I recently saw him in the BBCs Outcasts and wasn’t impressed.

9. Azurecobalt
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

No Ygritte, looks like?

Has Devan been confirmed? And will we see Edric Storm, Patchface, and so on?

10. Bielle
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Great casting choice.

11. GaR
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Cunningham seems to be channeling Stannis in the pic up top. I’ve no doubt he’ll be brilliant as Ser Davos though.

I’m not familiar with Davies, but he sure looks the part.

12. Jose
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

fafhrd,

He’s very good in The Escapist, Harry Brown, Prime Suspect, and Centurion.

13. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Interestingly Liam Cunningham is in the movie The Guard (2011) with David Wilmot who’s audition for Davos and Jaqen was leaked a while ago. I wonder if either of them put the other one on to the auditions.

14. OhWhoCares
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

I LOVE DAVOS. Can’t wait to see him brought to lifeee! Excitement

15. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Azurecobalt:
    No Ygritte, looks like?

Has Devan been confirmed? And will we see Edric Storm, Patchface, and so on?

I’m guessing that those are roles that will probably be filled by extras or featured extras.

16. Brian
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Awesome casting choices! Liam Cunningham was the bad guy in Dog Soldiers – a great werewolf horror film, and he was great. And Oliver Ford was an EXCELLENT Polonious in David Tenant’s (Doctor Who) Hamlet, which you can watch online via the BBC’s Greatest Performances series.

Superb choices. Can’t wait to see them bring these characters to life.

Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Well, Cunningham certainly matches the description of Davos in the books! (Brown hair and beard with bits of grey in it).

SO nice to finally have our Stannis/Davos/Melisandre trio of casting news!!!

18. EB
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Well done on Cunningham. The Jean Reno comparison is a good one.

19. Ni
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

So, no James Purefoy? Too bad :(

Well, maybe in the season 3 :P I guess I would’ve like Cunningham more if I didn’t have a crush for Purefoy. But… whatever, he will be awesome, I’m sure :)

20. will
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ygritte isn’t in the 2nd book much, she doesn’t really become a major character till book 3.

21. Lars
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

Ingemar Svensson,

Don’t worry, all roles have not been cast (or announced yet). Just the major ones – Ygritte is more if a minor character and will be cast.

22. Aziraphale
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

I’ll say this, Cunningham looks the part!

23. Nick
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Liam Cunningham is far from a poor man’s Jason Isaacs. He is a very accomplished actor, as can be seen in this scene from Hunger:

The film is notable for an unbroken 17-minute shot, in which a priest played by Liam Cunningham tries to talk Bobby Sands out of his protest. In it, the camera remains in the same position for the duration of the shot. To prepare for the scene, Cunningham moved into Michael Fassbender’s apartment for a time while they practised the scene at least twelve times a day, sometimes repeating the scene fifteen times in a single day. It is the longest shot in a mainstream film.

He will be amazing as Davos

24. Enteril
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

I wouldn’t expect news on the other relatively supporting character castings (on the lines of Ygritte, Dolorous Edd, Craster) for a while yet.

25. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Brian,

Ooooh! That’s right!

He was great in Dog Soldiers, too.

26. The Young Wolf
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

will,

She has a small role at the end of book 2, but her presence is really important. I think it’d be a mistake to leave her out of this season.

Still, she’s not as crucial as the other three roles announced today, so it’s not as important to have a known actress play her.

27. Andrija Andrew P
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

I approve and applaud them on deciding to go with Cunningham, he was great in every film he did… I can’t seem to remember Davies from anywhere though I don’t watch British production as much as I used to…

28. The DarkStar
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

How about the halfhand…

29. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

Nick,

Wow! That’s great.

30. Arrogant Bastard
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

I knew Cunninghmam looked familiar, he played the dad in “A Little Princess” an early to mid nineties movie directed by Alfonso Cuaron. He was good in that from what I remember. I also think he was the pub owner in Harry Brown. Hopefully they can Sean Harris from that movie, he was really creepy and would make a great Ramsay Snow or Jaqen Hgar.

31. dizzy_34
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

Jose,

Centurion! Thank you! I was trying to place where I’ve seen this guy. Looks like another solid choice.

32. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

ha. that guy was just about the only decent thing in Outcasts. and by decent i mean not good but did the best with what was a show that was so utterly pointless and a waste of a very cool idea that it made me want to hit my TV and i couldn’t stomach more than 6 episodes. sort of like how i feel about Falling Skies … only worse.

but i have seen him in other stuff and he is pretty darn good, i don’t hold Outcasts against him like i don’t hold Camelot against Eva … mmmmm …. Eva.

anyway … cressen …. meh, who cares. i hope none of these really old actors they’ve got for these parts up and dies in the middle of the shows (or before their character does) run thus requiring a recast … that would kinda suck on a couple of levels

33. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Arrogant Bastard,

He was the bartender.

And MAN, you aren’t kidding about Sean Harris. I couldn’t believe he was 45 years old.

34. Josh Parker
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

I picked Cunningham months ago, but when I saw David Wilmot’s audition I decided I liked his look and talent.

All the same, Cunningham is the man. He’ll kill as the Onion knight.

35. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Arrogant Bastard: Sean Harris

ok, seriously. sean harris as Ramsay Snow is just about the best and most spot on casting suggestion i have ever seen on this board. i just wanted to give you proper kudos. on a board with so many asinine suggestions for parts i just want to thank you for such a shockingly perfect casting idea. nina are you listening?

36. Jimm
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Really think they dropped the ball by not getting a big name for any of these roles.

37. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Lars:
    Ingemar Svensson,

I was talking more about Edric and Patchface and not Ygritte.

38. Josh Parker
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Jimm,

39. Grease Truck
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

This Cunningham news makes my week. I’ve only seen him in The Wind That Shakes the Barley but he was brilliant in it and his role actually reminds me of Davos. Reserved and honest with a blue-collar nobility. I’m so psyched… He’s gonna make one hell of an Onion Knight.

40. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo?,

Nina Gold’s cast him in Brothers of the Head, Red Riding, and in the upcoming Ridley Scott film Prometheus. He’s got to be on her radar.

My 45 comment was that he’s older than Ramsey but didn’t look it to me.

41. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker,

There are a few roles that are open for cameos, but…

When we’re talking about folks who are still kicking around in A Dance with Dragons, I’m very happy they’re casting folks who will be comfortable growing into their characters. All three of these actors are pros, and the script will give them plenty of chances to practice their craft.

I’m really happy with the decisions for Stannis, Davos and Mel. I’m sure the others we’ve heard of today will be fine, but those were the three I was the most anxious about.

Now I’m most interested in Jaqen.

42. Arrogant Bastard
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

paulgude,

Yeah, I’m surprised to hear that he’s that old, he doesn’t look it and I still think he could pull off the role. It’s never really said how old his father Roose is, my dream casting for him is Ciaran Hinds. So which big roles are left? I think the last big roles to fill are Balon Greyjoy, Jaqen Hgar, Qhorin Halfhand, and Roose (I hope they don’t cut him or Ramsay).

43. paulgude
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Arrogant Bastard,

I forgot about Balon. I think they’d be making hard for themselves later if they’d cut Roose or Ramsay. Easier to keep them, in my opinion.

44. Pastor_of_Muppets
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

Arrogant Bastard,

I think Ramsay would be hard to cut, seeing as he kind of sacks Winterfell and (minor ADwD spoilers! plays a fairly significant part in the latest novel in the series, but my ideal actor for the role would be Tony Curran.

45. Petyr
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker:
    Jimm,

Or Timothy Olyphant on Deadwood, who is an emmy nominee this year. This is what HBO does.

46. Phoenix_Torn
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Woot! I’ve been championing Liam Cunningham for thrones from the get go! Davos is a great fit. I’m so Happy!

47. Ava
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Liam Cunningham was the dad in A Little Princess. I am forever happy with this casting choice.

48. Ashley Blackwoody
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Jimm,

these roles are characters that are around for multiple seasons, expect the big names for one season parts, there’s still plenty of notable characters both introduced an killed off in s2 to be cast. if there’s star power to be had, that’s where we’ll see it.

49. Phoenix_Torn
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

Another film I love is Perrier’s Bounty (yes I’m shilling it again) Nina Gold Cast it.
    Liam Cunningham and Conleth Hill

50. EB
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo?,

So you’re saying none of the actors had better pull a Jordan? ; )

51. Fazil
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

GaR,

My thought exactly, they should rotate the actors who play Stannis and Davos, Cunningham is taller, younger and has the Baratheon blue eyes.

52. PTR
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

I… I think that’s Jean Reno. I’m pretty sure…

53. Jimm
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

I’m not saying HBO doesn’t know what they’re doing. I’m just saying that when you kill off the biggest actor on your show in the process of building up a fanbase, I feel like it would have been a good idea to ride and build off the first season momentum with one more big name actor for season 2. That way you get more people to buy the DVDs between seasons and get a huge number for the premiere of S2.

54. Renjick
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

Jesus christ, it’s like some people have never actually heard of this thing these people do called acting. Basing casting choices on STILL pictures of all things that could have been taken for other projects is just about the silliest…

55. George DW
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:00 am | Permalink

I would never have pictured him for Davos, but I loved Cunningham in everything I’ve seen him in. He does seem a little too… cultured, and perhaps a little too old, but I’m sure he’ll be fantastic. He does have a great “quiet voice of reason” voice.

56. Jeff Cary
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:07 am | Permalink

not really excited about ANY of this casting news. all of it is utterly ho hum. But at least the actress playing Melisandre has the right look and looks good

57. Justin
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:39 am | Permalink

Roy Mars III,

True. But then again, ASOIAF has about a billion characters, and HBO isn’t on a Dreamworks-like $500 mil budget. That’s why you really have to hand it to the casting directors. Casting big budget is easy. It’s like running the Yankees. When you have unlimited resources you can cast anyone you want. But when you’re (relatively) cash-strapped, you must pick diamonds out of the rough much of the time.

It would be great if Jason Isaacs, fresh off the mega-blockbuster Harry Potter series, just so happened to be a huge GRRM fan and loved GoT so much that he would be willing to take a massive pay-cut in order to take on a supporting role as Davos, but it’s just not realistic.

So you’ve really got to hand it to the GoT casting directors. I think they did an amazing job with season 1, bringing us completely unknown talents like the kids they cast, i.e. Maisie Williams, Richard Madden, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke, etc… and picking up some under-the-radar talent who were brilliant in their roles, i.e. Mark Addy, Harry Lloyd, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen, Charles Dance, etc…

I admit, I’m not too familiar with either of these actors’ work, but I have full faith in HBO after seeing the amazing job they did with season 1. The casting was one of the strongest points of the show.

58. Leah
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:47 am | Permalink

Hahahahaahahaaa!

Carice Van Houten and Liam Cunningham are in a movie together about Ingrid Jonker.

Mel and Davos are having carnal relations, y’all.

59. Phoenix_Torn
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:15 am | Permalink

Leah:
    Hahahahaahahaaa!

Mel and Davos are having carnal relations, y’all.

That’s a plot twist! lol

60. Chris77
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Excellent choice for Davos. Much better than Purefoy. Like it is said in ADWD, Lord Davos has a common face… I think Purefoy would be better cast in another role, my favourite would be Daario Naharis, I think Emilia would like that…

61. George DW
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:20 am | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo?:
    ha.that guy was just about the only decent thing in Outcasts.and by decent i mean not good but did the best with what was a show that was so utterly pointless and a waste of a very cool idea that it made me want to hit my TV and i couldn’t stomach more than 6 episodes.sort of like how i feel about Falling Skies … only worse.

I feel exactly the same about Outcasts, the pilot was so brilliant and promising and then all that was totally squandered by the third episode. Cunningham was great in that as always though, definitely the highlight of the series.

62. Pepi
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:28 am | Permalink

Oh. My. God. They’re doing it again. I’m begining to suspect those casting directors are some kind of demi gods.

63. Brian Smith
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

meh. this is all cool, but i want to know who the big names are for this season. Jaqen seems like the perfect role to drop a Name in.

64. Superdeluxe
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

And a cherry on top would be Tony Curran as Edmure

65. axia777
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:42 am | Permalink

Ni:
    So, no James Purefoy? Too bad :(

That is because Purefoy is the Red Viper. It is known.

66. axia777
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:45 am | Permalink

Jimm:

13 Emmy noms. No big names needed here any more.

67. SergioCQH
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:27 am | Permalink

I would like to use a very strong word to describe people who criticize casting choices before they see any acting, but I don’t want to be banned. I’ll just call them inexcusably judgmental and leave it at that.

68. Mario Mjoed
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:42 am | Permalink

how could anyone dare to question nina gold? are you completely mad? it seems she just shits brilliant actors as tywin shits gold.

in nina gold we trust.

69. Steve H
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:50 am | Permalink

So, they still need to cast Roose Bolton, Ramsey Bolton, Ygritte, the Halfhand, Edmure Tully, Jaqen, Vargo Hoat, the Kettleblacks, and quite a few others, I’d think.

Forgive me if not all of them are major players in CoK… I haven’t read it in almost a year.

70. cranscape
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:58 am | Permalink

fafhrd,

He gets a lot more to do in the back half of Outcasts. He and Amy Manson made it worth watching to the end for me. Never found Davos compelling so this might improve my interest in his POV. The show has managed to do that already for a few characters I didn’t care as much about.

71. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:17 am | Permalink

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Not sure, but I think I was the first to mention Liam Cunningham as an excelent actor to join GoT (first for Stannis, later as ‘any role that possibly fits him’), and now I finally know what the expression ‘over the Moon’ means! :-)

Fantastic news! I haven’t read any other comment yet, but if ANYONE has doubts about Liam Cunningham as Davos, I will personally come and convince you otherwise!

Now if only they also, in some role, got that OTHER actor aboard that I’ve been suggesting relentlesly, i.e. Trevor Eve. Trevor for Balon Greyjoy!

Oooooooh what a way to start the day! :-)

72. Damryn of Dorne
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:20 am | Permalink

I’m ok with whatever Nina Gold thinks is best.

73. Schlafmohn
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:28 am | Permalink

weird…I don’t know the actors, but from first impressions (google and short videos) I would have guesed Cunningham as Stannis and Dillane as Davos. Although I think Stannis is more haggard, Cunningham has a more stern face and looks more like Mark Addy and Genthin Anthony than Dillane does. He also looks like he was a good speaker with good rhetorics (or at lest he gives the impression) Davos is not…he is more embarrased and honest while speaking in front of people…a character trait that fits Dillanes look better imo.
    (Also Dillane’s son could have played Stannis’s squire. ;-) ;-) )

anyway it’s not as if I don’t like them. Seems like they’re both good actors. Let’s see what they’ll do with their roles. Just from first impressions I thought this to be a bit weird.

And Cressen and Melisandre are fine choices. :-)
    ah, I know now: I think it’s Cunningham’s eyebrows that irritate me for Davos and would be fine for Stannis (or even a Bolton or meaner character..)

74. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:28 am | Permalink

People saying now that it’s a pity HBO didn’t cast ‘a name’ for Stannis, Mel and/or Davos will be quickly swayed when they see the acting of those three. I will quote myself on that prediction when by this time next year everyone is haling them for how fantastic they were! :-)

Edit: It’s incredible how happy this casting news has made me feel. I realize now I was REALLY worried about which actors and actress they would choose for the holy threesome :-)

75. Blackfish Blues
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:49 am | Permalink

I keep being ignorant of all these people (that’s what I get for watching as little TV as possible, to avoid romantic repercussions), but I trust they’ll do a good job.

Just look at the first season’s cast and at how many of them now are THE character in the minds of many of us, despite being entirely different from their description in the books (Jorah!).

Or think how tame some of the pics looked at the beginning. Ian McElhinney, for example, at least for me; bald, portly older gentleman, yes, an interesting face, but no warrior. Then they gave him a distinguished Roman comb-over and put him inside a Kingsguard armour, and WHAM! Barristan the Bold!

76. dardar
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:00 am | Permalink

I imagined more James Purefoy as the “red viper” (Martell Character, not sure about the english name, sorry).

77. The_Rabbit01
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:19 am | Permalink

Great Davos!

78. Kasia Bolton
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:34 am | Permalink

These are all awesome choices!

Still, I hope the lesser characters are not neglected in season 2. In particular, I hope the Lord of the Dreadfort is cast this season. His role become more and more crucial in the seasons to come, and he has a substantial part in book 2.

Looking forward to him and Balon Greyjoy too.

79. Ni
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:38 am | Permalink

Okay, concerning the Red Viper… I’ve always picture him as an arabic type, seeing the description in the books (I’m Spaniard and I can assure you that Martell people are exactly like the southron inhabitants of Spain must have been back in the Al-Andalus Age, meaning people coming from North Africa). And James Purefoy is nothing like that. But in my mind he IS Mance Rayder :)

80. Wyvernwood /Martin E
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:58 am | Permalink

Hah, I was pushing for Liam Cunningham for Stannis way back – although he would make a good Davos too. I always felt Davos was a more ‘slight’ figure than Cunningham who’s tall and reasonably broad.

I’m delighted that both actors are in.

Oliver Ford Davies is perfect for Cressen – the right ‘do the right thing’ presence.

For UK audiences who will recognise him - the prologue for ACoK The attempted poisoning scene – will reiterate just how this show is willing to kill off the characters, no matter how recognisable the actor is.

81. Pepi
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Since there’s been some Martell talk; imagine Ricardo Montalban(who unfortunately died 2 years ago) as prince Doran. That would rock.

82. Caedes
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:02 am | Permalink

I’d say there’s no way they left out Lord Bolton. It’s too important on this season and the next ones. Who would be Arya a cupbearer to? The Mountain? And remember that it’s Bolton himself who slays Robb at the Red Wedding.

Another great casting with Liam Cunningham, which I see as the long lost younger brother of Jean Reno and Bernard Hill.

83. Flouride
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:02 am | Permalink

Excellent choice for Davos. Liam is very talented and can’t wait to see him as Davos :)

84. clemintine
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:13 am | Permalink

Jimm:

Get real.

Big names are a waste of money. Who needs a name when England is crawling with hugely talented actors you haven’t heard of?

Sean Bean is probably the biggest name they’re ever going to nab and I’m cool with that. He’s a name, but talented enough that he “became” Ned Stark and dissolved into the character, and he’s not even a Hollywood Blockbuster name. I was a little worried that I would only see Sean Bean, but I was wrong.

Can’t say that for the majority of Hollywood heavy hitters, because they aim for us to see the actor and flock to the name, and not the character. Could you really see them using, say, Tom Cruise as Davos? Not only would he be Tom Cruise the whole time, he’d be bloody expensive and he’s not good enough for a quality production like GoT.

I like actors I haven’t heard of with enormous talent, like Michelle Farley. Never heard of her, small public profile, off the radar. Absolutely loved her as Cat and now she *is* Cat. The HBO way is better than conventional US television. They free up money to spend on effects and (hopefully) a battle, and dragons and sets, and at the same time give you a fresh face you’re not familiar with so that they embody the character.

And frankly, they don’t need names with the buzz GoT has. Sean Bean was enough to rope in fantasy fans, and Natalie Doromer will probably scoop in some Tudors fans. GoT is the show on everyone’s lips. They just need to keep delivering the quality and it’s popularity will snowball.

85. clemintine
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Josh Parker: What were you expecting? Remember that on most HBO shows, they get respected actors who aren’t all that known, and thanks to the show they get more known. Most people didn’t know who Kevin McKidd, Ray Stevenson or James Purefoy were before Rome.

I was a fan of Ray Stevenson from At Home with the Braithwaites before he was mainstream. *dons Hipster glasses*

86. Nearly Headless Ned
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:46 am | Permalink

Great choices of course. Saw Oliver Ford Davies as Julius Ceaser in Peter Halls production at Stratford in 1995 (Incidentially Julian Glover was Cassius and he was astonishing!) he was excellent and rather jovial in the part. Cunningham was great in Dog Soldiers and Stephen Dillane was superb in Welcome To Sarajevo.

87. Louise
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:54 am | Permalink

I’m not familiar with any of these actors at all! :(

88. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Louise: So aside from Cunningham, who else was in an Arthur/Camelot type show? I’m basing this on Clive Standen’s tweet (if that was indeed true)

Cunningham was the Camelot guy, and Stephen Dillane played in the 2004 Arthur movie. Carice Van Houten or Oliver Ford Davies then was the third ‘big cast’ hinted at by Clive Standen, so yes, those tweets have proven correct. And don’t worry that you don’t know these actors (you should btw!), you and many others will definitely KNOW them by the end of next season!

89. ricciolineri
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:04 am | Permalink

Louise,
    Dillane, which played Merlin in King Arthur

90. Tezeu
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:12 am | Permalink

On the other hand, what’s the big fuss about Maester Cressen, he will be like in the first 10 minutes of the first episode? It’s like making a big decision about who Waymar Royce would have been…

91. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Tezeu: I really liked Outcasts and Liam Cunningham was great for that part. I don’t know about this role though…

I didn’t really like Outcasts that much due to the poor writing, but Cunningham made it watchable for me, and I even was disappointed it got cancelled. If some big production house (ala HBO…) with talented writers would have bought the rights, I think there’s a quite interesting platform to base an interesting sci-fi series on. Based on Outcasts, I also pictured Cunningham rather as a true leader than as Davos, but I am confident he will shine in his role. He appears to be one of those actors that can play a lot of different roles…

92. Louise
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:27 am | Permalink

Many thanks Tar Kidho and ricciolineri! You saved me at least 30 minutes of looking at their iMDB profiles :D

93. Bairanax
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Renjick:

Some ppl is happy just if have a name not if the actor choice is correct

94. Dreamlife
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Perfect! I am not familiar with these two but they have the right look. SO glad they’re keeping Davos. I was afraid they’d cut him, but he happens to be one of my favorite POVs.

95. Zoud
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Enteril,

The season 2 starts filming next week, so we will probably have more casting clues during the 3 ou 4 next months, especially for Ygritt, Roose Bolton, Dolorous Edd, Mance Rayder, Jaqen h’Ghar, Xaro and so on…

96. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:02 am | Permalink

They both look excellent for the parts! Liam Cunningham I remember from casting discussions for Stannis and Davos both, though I haven’t seen him in anything that I know of.
    I can’t wait to hear about everyone else now! Sure, the big roles have been filled, but a lot of the most interesting additions in season two are smaller parts.

97. Lina
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:43 am | Permalink

I never would have expected Liam Cunningham for Davos. He wasn’t even on my radar. To be honest, the only thing I can concretely remember him from was A Little Princess, which I watched years and years ago as a girl. I thought that either Stannis or Davos was going to be a “bigger name” actor to replace the void left by Bean/Addy (especially for marketing purposes), but that’s not to say lower-profile people shouldn’t have been cast. I’m sure they have just as much talent as bigger names and just haven’t found their star roles yet (at least in the States). And Game of Thrones can definitely do that! Also, HBO can save on the budget (I’m guessing, but who knows how expensive any of these actors actually are).

Liam Cunningham does fit what I imagine Davos to look like, albeit a slightly older version of the character (at least based on most photos of him that pop up in Google). But I don’t think age matters to Davos’ character as long as he looks able to sail/fight/run Stannis’ errands. And Liam certainly looks able to do all those things!

Can’t wait to see him in costume with his fingers missing! Also curious to see how HBO will do that – digital touch up or prosthetics? And don’t anyone say it’s not necessary to Davos’ character, because it absolutely is!

Overall I am very happy with our Dragonstone triumvirate. :D Welcome aboard, Liam (and Stephen and Carice)!

98. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Lina: This picture was very Davos-y to me. Solemn and introspective, like he’s fighting some internal moral struggle. And all the blue/green sea-worthy colors helped! ;) http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bank/programmes_tv/drama/outcasts/446liam_cunningham.jpg

That’s a screencap from BBC’s Outcasts, and you’re right, he was definitely portraying somebody who had to deal with a heavy moral struggle there! (he was the best part of the series by some distance btw)

99. Petter Kristian Vikestad
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Wanted him for Stannis once, but he would make a great Davos, no doubt.

100. Ed
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 9:28 am | Permalink

hahahaha!! Does it really matter who they picked for Cressen?

101. John W
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Excellent news. I can’t wait for season two to begin.

102. HandmaidenofDany
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Liam will make a great Davos! Davos never was endearing to me until after Blackwater when his sons died and I finally began to care about his plight. I love seeing an actor flesh out the characters from the book. I have more sympathy for Cercie than I ever did in the books and more for Sansa too because of this fine show! So happy *happy dance*!!!

103. Bro
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 10:26 am | Permalink

So so happy with Liam as Davos. He’ll blow it out of the water. Now all I need is Quorin Halfhand and Dolorous Edd.

paulgude:
    Reminds me of a non-French Jean Reno.

Never thought of him like that, but now that you say it, I have to agree!

104. JC
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Yet another awesome piece of casting news. Loved Cunningham’s scene with Fassbender in Hunger (a brilliant, brilliant film for anyone who hasn’t seen it).

105. Peter Szecsödi
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

i think it would be better the other way around, Stephen Dillane playing Davos and Liam Cunningham playing Stannis

106. Chris
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 10:37 am | Permalink

clemintine,

You got it.
    Money!
    If they can successfully cast superior actors and actresses, cheap, then there’s more left in the budget for things like effects and battle scenes which are costs largely beyond their control.
    Sean Bean was fantastic as Ned Stark, but imagine if they’d taken some of what they paid for him and instead used it to create a more imposing Vaes Dothrak, or a good dwarf’s-eye depiction of the Battle of the Green Fork.
    I know everyone’s looking forward to the battle of the Blackwater Rush and cringing with every announcement (including from GRRM himself) that it’ll have to be done on the cheap. Not too cheap, please! Skip the pricey superstars and save the money for some stunning visual storytelling!

107. dizzy_34
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Bro,

I need a Roose Bolton and Ramsey Snow (Rami Maleck please!). Especially considering their roles in ADWD.

108. magnuskn
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Peter Szecsödi:

That was my first thought, too. Cunningham already has the right disapproving look in the photo. I can well imagine him grinding his teeth like Stannis. :D

109. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink

LOL I was going to post on Twitter last night that I thought Liam Cunningham would make a great Stannis as I was watching Camelot at the time (also seen him in other things). Came on line and saw the Stannis casting news. Check this today and see Liam is Davos! Glad he’s in the show, good addition!

110. DanielIV
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Liam Cuningham has a great profile and Oliver Ford Davies I’ve seen him in Star Wars only, not much of huge roll though.

It’s funny because they seem to look for someone who his experienced and well covered and another one with experience but doesn’t cost much on the budget. Are they going for double the CGI? We’ll see. :)

111. Michael Johnson
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Forgive me if this has been addressed already above (I didn’t have time to do a comprehensive read-through of comments), but a few questions:

1. Has the casting of Asha/Yara Greyjoy been confirmed in terms of actress and whether this IS Asha from the books or an invented character?

2. Has there been any official comment on characters that won’t make it into the series from the books – I find it odd that Meera and Jojen are not considered “major.”

It seems to me that some of the secondary characters mentioned above (I won’t specify who since I want to remain spoiler-free) who have not yet been cast or announced could actually be moved into later seasons with a little narrative manipulation, or perhaps even combined with other characters to streamline things and make the cast-of-thousands a bit more manageable. I am enjoying the speculation, but damn, I would sure like to a know a bit more about how these questions are going to play out.

That said, I actually love the casting for Melisandre, Stannis, and Davos. Next spring cannot come fast enough.

112. Julian Walker
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

So who gets cast next? I am assuming Jojen and Meera won’t be in the series till episode 2, Jacquen won’t be there till episode 5 or so, Halfhand we won’t be seeing until episode 7 or 8. So who next? Edmure and the Tully family are getting cast next I guess since the Tullys will have to be introduced in the 11th episode.

I really don’t know why I just answered my own question…..

113. John W
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I’m curious when it comes to Jaqen H’ghar, seeing as how his faces changes to reveal his “true” identity, are they going to cast one or two actors?

114. paulgude
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

John W,

It seems to me…

That they’re going to cast a new actor for Jaqen and then that actor will turn into whomever they cast as the Alchemist in Season Four (or five?). That said, I have a further speculation that the show might have the Alchemist and Syrio be the same person, whether or not that’s the case in the books.

115. Lynn
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Julian Walker,

TV shows don’t necessarily shoot in order, and there is no 11th episode (sadly).

116. Bobben
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Thank the old gods we got Cunningham from Camelot, and not Eva Green, as some people seemed to hope. He’ll be great as Davos.

117. redxavier
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

I too think Cunningham and Dillane would be better the other way around. *hopes in vain that it’s just an error*

118. A Bear_A Bear
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I don’t check the site for a couple of days, and suddenly…! :D

I think all of these are solid casting choices – good actors who’ll do the parts justice, one and all. Still hoping they get Purefoy in somewhere down the line – Oberyn or Mance Rayder, like some people have said, would be good smallish parts he could shine in. But yes, very pleased with these announcements. And with the relative lack of “gates” so far compared to some of the casting threads I lurked on last year. Still time for that, I guess… :D

It would no doubt be caddish in the extreme for me to suggest Carice Van Houten would be really good at the old sexpositioning, having seen her (a lot of her) in Black Book. So I won’t (but seriously, if you read this Mr Cogman or anybody…try and get D&D to at least consider it…).

Er…

119. Ollie
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Im really happy with Liam Cunningham as Davos, I’v seen him in a lot of films and think he is great, watch Centurion, Harry Brown or dog soldiers if you never seen him there three great films.
    as for Oliver Ford Davies i’v seen him in far less but he was great Waking the Dead.
    Im so happy with their choice of cast so far although i’m dying to know who Ygritte is as she one of my favourite supporting characters sucks that she dies.

120. obsidian
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

paulgude,

As to your ” It seems to me..” can you imagine the huge SQUEEEE ! emanating from living rooms around the world ? The most I’d dared imagine was a sort of ghostly, brief morph to Syrio between J and A. Your suggestion would be cheaper..why pay 3 when you can pay2 ?

121. Joemanji
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

obsidian,

Sorry who is the Alchemist? I’ve read all the books but don’t remember Jaqen morphing into anyone we know.

122. Alan
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Julian Walker:

I really don’t know why I just answered my own question…..

Julian, what episode they appear is rarely relevant. Shoots like this will be scheduled around the locations, the talent (actors) and the directors. They could shoot Winterfell in September, for example.

123. Sansa's Lemoncakes
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Joemanji,

In the prologue to AFFC, the guy in Oldtown who kills Pate is described the same way Jaqen is when he morphs.

124. paulgude
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

obsidian,

Yeah…

While it doesn’t seem to work logistically in the books, the TV show may choose to consolidate Syrio and the Alchemist so that when Jaqen changes the audience goes, “Syrio!” instead of, “Who’s that guy?” and then not seeing him again for a whole season. Not to mention the description of the Alchemist, summarized by Tower of the Hand: “full cheeks, a shadow of a beard, a hooked nose, and a mat of dense black curls.” Sound familiar?

125. Clob
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

Lina: Can’t wait to see him in costume with his fingers missing! Also curious to see how HBO will do that – digital touch up or prosthetics? And don’t anyone say it’s not necessary to Davos’ character, because it absolutely is

I was just thinking about that so I was scrolling through to see if anyone mentioned it. I was kinda thinking they’d have him wearing some green… I don’t know how else to put it other than calling them finger condoms. :P I don’t know, in movie behind-the-scenes footage amputees are always wearing green sleeves, socks or whatever for the digital “removal.” Something like that, or they’ll just cut off his fingers. :)

I bet they have him wearing gloves whenever possible and only show his missing fingers when necessary. They’ll have the same issue with Qhorin Halfhand, Jaime, etc.

126. GaR
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Davos usually wears gloves in the books, as I recall. So long as they have the bag of fingerbones around his neck I’ll be happy :D

127. Danimal
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

i IMDB’d him and Cunningham is in an episode of the recent show Camelot (episode 5: Justice) which is on netflix instant queue. He’s the dude being hanged and tried, if you want to see him in action! After watching, I’ve got to say another brilliant job of casting~

128. Mormont
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

this is my first time commenting here, i love your site and ive read all the asoiaf books except the new one, gonna pick it up as soon as i can! i thought the casting of melisandre was perfect, i watched black death a few weeks ago and i said to myself “wow thats melisandre.. but i guess that would never happen” and yet it did :) still unsure about the casting of stannis.. and now this liam dude is suppose to play davos? not at all how i imagined him… i guess we’ll have to see when the show starts, but i thought that henry aka desmond from lost wouldve been perfect as davos :(

129. Tar Kidho
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Mormont,

Welcome to the active side of the site Mormont! But..err…there’s a long-time poster here that uses that name allready, so you might want to change it to something else in the future ;-)

130. Joemanji
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Sansa’s Lemoncakes,

Thanks, totally missed that! Suffice to say … that’s awesome! :-D

Darn it, I want some more Syrio right now.

131. Joemanji
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

paulgude,

But Arya doesn’t recognise ‘The Alchemist’ when Jaqen morphs into him. Having Syrio turn up would change the dynamic of the scene completely, not to mention having the audience wonder why Syrio goes away for 2 more books at least and doesn’t help Arya. Everyone loves Syrio, I can’t see them having him show up for 2 seconds then run off.

132. Rob O Sevens
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

I have a suspicion that the Tullys will be cut from the show

All edmure does is screw Robb by holding the fords and then marries a frey not muhc impact and the father is sick the whole time and dies, that lets them cut some Cat stuff and show more Robb and then the Blackfish isnt needed either or any/most Riverlords this way they show more of Robb’s success and his marriage to the Westerling girl, more screen time for Robb will also make Red Wedding that much worse for non readers

133. paulgude
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Joemanji,

That’s why I keep stressing that I think it’s a change they may make for the TV show, not what I think is happening in the book. Syrio in the TV show looks like the book description of the Alchemist, even though Syrio in the book did not. We’re talking about a departure from the books. The idea is that there’d be a through-line for the character if you forget about actors. If Jaqen suddenly turns into Syrio, the viewers would see an unbroken chain of Syrio helping Arya in season one and two. First in the role as dancing master, then as Jaqen. Then he’d give her the coin and disappear. From the show perspective he would have shepherded her to the next point in her journey, making his absence from her life through the events in ASoS make at least a bit of narrative sense. Then, when we see him again as the Alchemist everyone will be like, “Daaaaaaamn! Hes back.”

Again I can’t stress enough that this is a thought exercise, a fun diversion and not anything approximating the “truth” of what’s going to happen. I won’t presume to know the minds of D&D.

My idea is all based on a haircut. Pretty flimsy, if you ask me, no matter how great a haircut it is.

134. Langkard
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Wonderful news. Davies is a very fine actor and will be a great Cressen. It’s just a shame that such a fine stage and screen actor only gets a small role. Still, it’s a rather pivotal role, introducingmany of the recurring characters who appear in Season Two.

Cunningham looks exactly as I picture Davos. I don’t know much about his acting credientials, but it’s a nice long list. He has experience on stage and screen and I trust Nina Gold and D&D to pick someone well-suited for such a meaty, recurring role.

135. Inka
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

OK, I have to ask this. Do people really believe that S=J? I know that they are both great characters and everyone wishes for S to be alive, so is this just fun wishful thinking on the part of fans, or do people actually believe in it. It’s just that the evidence against it is so much stronger than the evidence for it, so I’m not sure why people keep bringing it up.

136. MW
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

paulgude:

Brad Pitt?

137. Rob O Sevens
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

meant to black out above quote sorry

138. Maxwell James
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Rob O Sevens,

The problem with your theory is: who then gets married at the RW? I’ll be very surprised if they cut Edmure, for that simple reason.

139. obsidian
    Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Inka,

Well, I don’t know if I believe it 100 % , but I don’t agree that the evidence against it is stronger than the evidence for it,and every time GRRM has a chance to shoot it down..he doesn’t. In fact , since he wrote “The Pointy End” , he appears to go out of his way to keep the speculation and the possibility alive. So my belief keeps growing. I’m probably up around 80 – 85 %. ;)

140. paulgude
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 1:24 am | Permalink

Inka,

I don’t think it fits with the book timeline, but think they may do it for the show anyway.

141. 1 hour 6 minutes ago
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Fantabulous!

142. Floryn
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 5:03 am | Permalink

To me , he looks like Stannis more then Davos the head the face the beard. Perfect for Stannis.

143. Mormont
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

well thank you! oh hmm guess i gotta come up with something else then ^^

144. Flower Adams
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Hurray for Cunningham! I’ve had a not-so-tiny crush in him ever since Falling for a Dancer – I’m happy he’s finally getting to play the good guy again. (What’s with the bad-guy label anyway? Is it because he’s got an interesting face versus generic-pretty-boy face?)

I’m generally really pleased with the casting for season 2, but I can’t wait to hear who they’ll get for Ygritte – personally I’m still rooting for Felicity Jones

145. Kristen
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

clemintine: Get real.

Totally agree with your entire post – well said!

146. Joemanji
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Kristen,

Given that Ygritte has plenty of sex scenes (in fact a huge part of her screen time is such, and the she soon dies), I expect it will be a very low-key piece of casting.

147. Rob O Sevens
    Posted July 21, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Maxwell James,

I dont think thats as big a problem, could be anyone of Robb’s bannermen, like the Greatjon for example, for book readers its a big change but for the show and D&D it lets them cut out a lot of characters without really affecting whats to come so far

148. Bob Holness
    Posted July 22, 2011 at 4:35 am | Permalink

I’m so over the moon with this news. Liam Cunningham is perfect for Davos. As others have said, if you haven’t seen hunger’, check it out.

Also…

Davos and Melissandra in friendlier times :)

149. loco73
    Posted July 22, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the world of “A Song Of Ice And Fire” gents and good luck to you both!

I definitely remember Mr. Cunningham from “Centurion” and “Clash Of The Titans”, and Mr. Davies I most certainly recognize from the “Star Wars” prequels. Good additions to the cast!

150. Lulu
    Posted July 26, 2011 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Thats all good news, I’m looking forward to the rest of the casting news!!
    I think that the part of Ygritte should go to Rebecca Night. She does not perhaps look entirely like Ygritte, but she has an awesome accent and I just know she would be perfect.

151. Jens
    Posted August 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Best cast characters of the season.

152. Cryptologist
    Posted September 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

For those of you looking to check out Liam Cunningham in action, he just did a couple episode run on Cinemax’s new action series called “Strike Back” (I imagine if you have HBO you probably also have Cinemax… check it out On Demand). He played a vicious Irish mercenary named Connolly. Different role than that of Davos but very intense. I think he’ll be an excellent choice.

153. Owl
    Posted November 16, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

fafhrd,

lol, totally :L

1. [...] EW, Winter Is Coming Tags: game of thrones, HBO, home, le cronache del ghiaccio e del fuoco Serie: Game of Thrones [...]

2. [...] Sursa Aboneaza-te:newsletterRSStwitter Trimite mai departe pe:messengertwitterfacebook function donsr() { $('tvblog_feed_email').name = 'email_disabled'; $('tvblog_feed_form').onsubmit(); $('tvblog_feed_form').submit(); $('tvblog_feed_email').name = 'email'; } [...]

3. [...] really substantial happened because season 2 casting news have been done prior to the event. The day has been more of a fan encounter than [...]