Rorge cast?
By Fire And Blood on in Casting, Rumors.

Smells about right, and we have a nose for these sorts of things here at House Gatewatch. So when bottom-supporter James linked us the client CV of one Andy Beckwith in the latest Quick Hits post, we did a little digging.

Looks legit! Beckwith is a consummate character actor known for rough-and-tumble roles, having appeared in movies such as Snatch, Unleashed, and two of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Beckwith is repped by Shepperd-Fox, and unless someone screwed with their website (and Beckwith’s page), this is legit.

He’s also not the guy who played Rorge for approximately eight seconds in season one’s finale, Fire and Blood. (No, that’s not Liam Neeson either.) Which means Rorge is the first Game of Thrones character played by two different actors on screen. Or at least the first we’ve learned of. Tuck that away somewhere, trivia buffs!

Fire And Blood: I personally remember Beckwith in Jet Li’s Unleashed—pretty fierce dude! I’m not surprised they re-cast, especially if the first guy was just an extra they yanked aside to stick prosthetics on his nose. Speaking of the nose, it will be interesting to see whether or not HBO decides to go with the completely noseless version. My guess is not, but who knows?

Only the nose knows.

1. Damryn of Dorne
    Posted August 28, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

First!

I like him :)

2. Brian
    Posted August 28, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

I hope they go noseless. I don’t think the character would be the same otherwise.

3. Arrogant Bastard
    Posted August 28, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Nice. Didn’t think they would go with the extra from season one, and Beckwith looks much more like Rorge than the extra. I think I recognize Beckwith as one of Brick Top’s henchmen in Snatch; should be great to play one of the nastier characters in teh series.

4. Whiskeyjack
    Posted August 28, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

Perfect.

5. paulgude
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:09 am | Permalink

I love this and hope we get official confirmation soon. I really liked Beckwith in Snatch.

6. John-Michael Lelievre
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:10 am | Permalink

Who is Let Li? :P

7. oracle86
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:28 am | Permalink

Please add Black Lorren to the Season 2 cast page.

8. The Lightning Lord
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Oh good lord this guy is the spitting image of Rorge. He looks he can rip out three heads at once there.

9. Zack
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:32 am | Permalink

That’s an encouraging headshot for Rorge.

I love Unleashed! I’m going to have to watch my DVD again and keep an eye out for him.

10. Chris77
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:02 am | Permalink

Yay for Rorge, I hope for a noseless version, but am not sure if it could be done without costly CGI… Now give us Biter (and hopefully Lorch, Hoat, the Tickler, Weese;))

11. Fire And Blood
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:18 am | Permalink

Chris77,

The one I’m looking forward to most now is Vargo Hoat. Give us the Goat!

12. Hi-Fi
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Oh, wow. How do you guys find out about these castings??

LOL I try to google words like “CV”, “Client” and “Game of Thrones” plus the name of the characters (lately Ramsay, Meera, Jojen, Edmure, Selyse and Vargo) and always come up empty… : (

13. Rose
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:42 am | Permalink

Wow. Perfect.

There’s no way they’re cutting the Reeds if they’re casting actual actors with actual credentials for fucking Rorge. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself.

Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:45 am | Permalink

oracle86,

When he is confirmed.

FaB, I love your nose references :P Beckwith looks great.

15. Abyss
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Yay for the new Rorge, he looks great. On the downsite, the actor looks nothing like the extra who played him befor. I can live with that, but it’s a little odd. It’s always strange for me when a actor gets changed – why showing him in the first place for seconds?
    Anyway, welcome to the cast Andy Beckwith, I am already scared of you!

16. Moe
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:04 am | Permalink

He looks a bit like Rast! I hope they go with noseless Rorge.

Anyway, who even is that extra in the cage? The way the camera stayed on his face for several seconds made me believe he is Liam Neeson or another well-known actor.

17. clegane
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:09 am | Permalink

it’s Leo DiCaprio!!
    from a distance anyway

18. Koempel
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:41 am | Permalink

Good, was starting to fear there wouldn’t be any Brave Companions in the 2nd season. Can’t wait to see who will play the goat and I guess they also can’t cut out the Tickler.

Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:48 am | Permalink

Hey FaBio, what if Rorge was supposed to be the other guy in the cage? He looks more like Beckwith.

20. Obsidian
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:59 am | Permalink

Looks like a sufficiently nasty piece of work..(in a good way ). And he has a small nose..all the easier to make it look ruined , if not quite non-existant.

21. Vered
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 4:15 am | Permalink

Thanks for the news!

Well Obviously! They can’t leave the Reeds out of the show… Maybe they won’t be in the 2nd season but they have to cast them for later on!

22. Michaelmann
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Yeah, it kinda looks for me as if the non-noseless guy from the cage in Season 1 kinda looks like this rorge.

23. Jambo
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Recognized this guy straight away from Snatch. I like it.

24. oracle86
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 5:26 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    oracle86,

When he is confirmed.

Oops. I forgot that he hasn’t been confirmed…

25. Nick Larter
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 6:00 am | Permalink

I bet the old Rorge and the new Rorge are the same guy – he’s obviously one of that cult of face-changing assassins from Mantarys, the Noseless Men – they’re not quite as good at the changing bit as our Braavosi friends – their noses get stuck the same, hence they cut them off so they won’t be recognised.

26. Tessa Leonie

We know.

30. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Sid,

Cool find!

Dave Brownell:
    I want to see more of Beric Dondarrion… His story behind the scenes is fuckin awesome, it needs to be shown more in the show

That would be an interesting addition, I think. Even though he has a huge presence from afar in the books he doesn’t actually get all that much page-time, and for his character to have the same effect they may want to set the stage for what happens later with the character a bit earlier. Who knows though, since they’re already adding a lot of story to Jaime and Robb’s parts; that a lot of plotline to juggle!

31. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:43 am | Permalink

I’m a little surprised they went to the trouble of showing Rorge and Biter even for just a few seconds if they weren’t gonna keep the same actors.

That said, this guy looks like someone you do not want to Beck with!

(cue rotten fruit and booing)

I’m gonna guess this means the same Biter won’t be used, and I’ll take it farther and say that they probably won’t use the same Beric or the same Lord Rickard Karstark.

32. Mongoose McQueen
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:48 am | Permalink

The Reeds are CUT. It’s as obvious as Edmure being cut. I know people are in denial because they like the characters, but it’s time to face the truth.

33. Elena Amici
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Steve Hugh Westenra: Yes, but we didn’t know she was officially Jeyne Westerling and not some other Jeyne (I think not, anyway).

we did it because that article has been online for a while…

Josh Parker,

biter was probabli an extra from malta. I don’t know about beric, but i think you’re right

34. Steve the Pirate
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:57 am | Permalink

That Comic Book Movie site is completely crap. They have no source for their story. It’s the same info we had weeks ago.

Glad I was wrong about Rorge. (I was thinking he looked like the actor that was Biter, not Roge, actually.) I think they’ll go for a mutilated nose look, but it’s hard to pull off noseless without CGI, and why spend that kind of money on a minor character.

35. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Mongoose McQueen,

Oh, seven hells, not you again! Mods, think you can install an ignore button? This troll has already stunk up the IMDb board with his idiotic ranting.

He’s convinced that, despite casting being far from over, and despite the fact that Winterfell scenes haven’t started filming yet, that we can just write off the Reeds from ever being cast. He is a disgusting smear on ASOIAF fanhood.

36. Nick Larter
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Tessa Leonie:
    Nick Larter,

That made me giggle like a little girl

thx! :D

37. dizzy_34
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 9:41 am | Permalink

There was an actor on Rome who had a ‘fake’ nose that was like a crude prosthetic with leather straps almost like a mask. I can see them going that route with Rorge. So if they’re ‘recasting’ Rorge lets get us a scarrier Biter.

38. Tar Kidho
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 9:46 am | Permalink

Steve the Pirate: I think they’ll go for a mutilated nose look, but it’s hard to pull off noseless without CGI, and why spend that kind of money on a minor character.

Would it be very difficult? If they paint his nose green, wouldn’t it be the most simple bit of CGI they’d have to do? Besides, it would also be funny to see pre-production shots with Green-nose Rorge :-)

I actually didn’t remember Beckwith from Snatch or anything else, but anyway, Rorge should be fairly easy to play, and I like Beckwiths look for the part.

39. Pepi
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Come to think of it, the series never mentioned that Biter is Biter, Rorge is Rorge, Karstark is Karstark… as far as the viewers are concerned, the three characters they saw are just two dangerous criminals and a nameless Stark bannerman. That being said; it’s a different case with Beric Dondarrion, who was properly introduced – so they’ll probably stick with David Michael Scott, imo.

40. jellydonut
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 9:59 am | Permalink

FEED ‘IM TO THE PIGS, ERROL.

41. Josh Atreides
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Josh Parker,

Mongoose McQueen, Timmian2, Purple Lemon, Discerning_Taste…

More people for Arya’s List :-)

42. spacepope
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

ಠ_ಠ

also i agree that i dont think they’ll make rorge noseless. same with tyrion after blackwater bay, and i honestly even doubt they’ll make jaime completely right handless after Vargo’s man chops it off. what they’ll do, I have no idea. but somehow i just doubt it.

43. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 10:34 am | Permalink

spacepope,

I kind of agree, except about Jaime. There are all kinds of ways to make that happen, quite cheaply.

44. Blackfish Blues
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Entirely OT, but speaking of Karstark, our cast list should be corrected: he’s not played by Vincent McCabe but by Steven Blount.

Not only IMDB but the pics I’ve found confirm it: McCabe is older, and is definitely a Lannister Bannerman as listed by IMDB. Blount looks younger and it seems this is his CV (though it does not list GOT).

I’ll send out my plea again: anybody can tell me who played Maege Mormont in “Fire and Blood”? Even the otherwise knowledgeable GOT Wiki does not help.

45. Pepi
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Blackfish Blues,

Yeh… his CV does list GoT. FILM&TELEVISION -> 10th line

46. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Blackfish Blues,

I wouldn’t worry about it, BB. If they’re gonna recast Rorge, I have little doubt they’ll recast those roles as well once they become more than extras, assuming they do.

47. Jonas
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Now we have two Pirates actors! This guy played one of the crewmen on the Flying Dutchman, and so did Dermot Keaney (Gared).

Dermot to the left and Andy to the right:

48. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Pepi,

That’s one way to look at it. I mean, they did have Yoren point out the “three” in “the wagon”, so if there’s a different three in the following season, people will notice it.

On the other hand, we know that David Michael Scott is an actor, not just an extra, so he might be kept. I’d hope so.

49. Nimble Dick
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

I like this casting

Cant wait for his fight with Brienne with Biter

50. The Lightning Lord
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Dave Brownell,

I concur, ser. My loyal friend Thoros of Myr had already been mentioned in the conversation between that jackanape-in-white-armor Jaime Lannister and Jory Cassel, I might like to add.

51. Blackfish Blues
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Pepi,
    thanks, apparently I can’t read ^^;

Josh Parker,
    I suppose so, but I liked those ones, they make for excellent Tumblr lolz. ^__^ Even if they’ll still have the roles in S2 and the actors are even more awesome, I’m still curious!

52. Bro
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Here’s hoping we get Biter as well. It’ll be interesting to see how Andy and Tom Wlaschiha interact together…

53. Epic the wonderful
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker:
    spacepope,

The literal and figurative loss of a sword hand, as one of the greatest known swordsmen, in fact much of Jaime’s personal identity being founded on that role, is too strong to drop IMO. But then again I would be curious with how the replace this crucial plot-changing element. They have already changed enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if they took this away also.

54. Blackfish Blues
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Epic the wonderful,
    They could have his hand and arm shattered so badly that he has to wear a special splint forever after… gilded, of course.

55. Epic the wonderful
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Blackfish Blues,

That’s true. In any case, they’re going to have a rough time making this Jaime special as perfect as in the book.

56. Blackfish Blues
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Epic the wonderful,
    they could add a laser gun to it!

57. Josh Parker
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Blackfish Blues:
    Epic the wonderful,
    they could add a laser gun to it!

Or a chainsaw!

58. David The Grey
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Wow, Beckwith looks perfect for the role… and the nose pun had me chuckling and groaning and then chuckling again. Thanks!

59. Pepi
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker,

And an eyepatch! At which point he would be eligible for the title spectral exterminator.

60. andrea
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

He reminds me of an younger and meaner Orson Welles. Like him.

61. Yuri - Brazil
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

WTF, Where’s Jojen and Meera???????????????? they are more important than this one!!!!!!!!!

62. Hot Pie
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

and we have a nose for these sorts of things here at House Gatewatch.

hehe ^_^

63. GaR
    Posted August 29, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Yuri – Brazil,

Greywater Watch, I imagine.

64. LanLanLurker
    Posted August 30, 2011 at 11:58 am | Permalink

65. Mormegil
    Posted August 30, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

LanLanLurker: It just occurred to me how do we know he’s playing Rorge and not some one else? Say… Ramsay Bolton.

Because it says he’s playing Rorge on his CV.

66. Jens
    Posted August 31, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

This guy actually looks like how I pictured him
    in the books. Strangeness.

67. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted August 31, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker,

And just think if Jamie and his chainsaw ever get to take on the wights! XD
    ASoIaF already has Cthulhu, why not the Necronomicon as well?

68. chase
    Posted September 2, 2011 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Yeah, He had the best lines in the whole film. “Looks like we’re in Govena” & Calm down son, Behave yourself”. Love that guy….
    Arrogant Bastard,

1. [...] in the season 1 finale of Game of Thrones; the actor portraying him there was merely a placeholder.Winter-Is-Coming.net reports that the actor, known for his roles in Pirates of the Caribbean, Snatch and Unleashed, will be [...]

2. [...] the clues, but I’m guessing the “pirate” clue refers to Andy Beckwith, who was already been linked to the role of Rorge. He appeared in the Pirates of the Carribbean sequels. No clue who the other [...]

3. [...] site “Winter is Coming” reports that the role of Rorge has been re-cast, now being played by Andy [...]