Day 60: Tyrion and Bronn on set
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.
Bronn and Tyrion on set

Photo: Mark Thomas

Hope you aren’t getting tired of all the set reports and photos pouring out of Croatia yet… because it looks like they won’t be stopping any time soon.

Today they are filming on the St. Dominic Street set that they have been setting up all week. Lots of extras, lots of horses and lots of photos. Here are some reports with set pics:

Portal Oko
Google+ User Nikola Čakelić
Dulist.hr

The Dubrovnik Times has managed to snag the best photos, a few of which show Emmy award winner (love saying that!) Peter Dinklage and Jerome Flynn on set and in costume (above). Click the link to see the full gallery of photos. I love this one of them just chilling in-between takes.

Winter Is Coming: They are looking good, although it appears Tyrion has brown hair for some reason. As some of my Twitter followers have suggested, it may just be due to the lighting and that it will look blonde on screen.

1. Knurk
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

I just can’t believe HBO is happy with all these photo’s, let’s hope they keep coming before they shut it all down.

Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Knurk, probably not, but what can they do? They are a high-profile production filming in a public place with tons of tourists around. Impossible to really secure the set from any and all photos.

I guess the one thing they could do is put pressure on the Dubrovnik government to get these press outlets to stop publishing the pics. They could threaten to not return to Dubrovnik if this keeps up. That might stop some of it, although I’m sure there will still be a few web sites that don’t really care and run the photos anyway. And, of course, individuals could still photograph the set as well.

3. Bro
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Ah fantastic. I love seeing all these pics, specially the ones of members of the main cast. I’m always interested in seeing what the costumes and decor will look like. Good job people! Keep ‘em comin’!

4. Igor Veloso
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

haha all the Lannisters chillin’. Love the one of Peter Dinklage sitting on a fancy chair with Jerome with legs crossed in the Bronn costume.

5. Pepi
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

BTW… could the lack of clansmen on these pictures be an indicator that Bronn is taking over their role?

Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Great pics. I don’t think Tyrion’s hair is quite as brown as it looks in the photo, but it’s definitely a but darker than Season 1. I think it’s gonna look exactly like at the Emmys. Not a huge deal, although I would have preferred Tyrion and Jaime to have much lighter hair… even if it meant wearing a wig.

7. John
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

I think they have already arrived at King’s Landing by this time plus it looks like Tyrion and Bronn talk with the gold cloaks so they do not need to be here .

8. Ivan Popić
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

As this is the most “transparent” of all the filming locations set security was hard to maintain. My guess is they knew they won’t be able to hide filming at this location. It is easily viewable from the city walls and they allowed foot traffic every half hour so they tolerated pictures from the set to happen.
    For example, we didn’t get a single shot from Rector’s Palace, even Nikola Čakelić who posted pictures from the set on Google+ said security was too tight and he couldn’t even get a peek…

9. Ryan Dunn
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Doesn’t Dinklage actually put a wig on over his brown hair? That’s what I thought anyhow.

…ryan

10. sjwenings
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

It’s certainly darker. It’s not really a big problem, but I’m still left wondering: “Why!??”

Either way: This’ll be an exiting time, it seems. These, and the coming setphotos should nourish us until the trailers start popping up. I suppose we’ll have to wait longer for them this time around…

11. Wolfheart
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

damnit david and dan. The Lannisters HAVE GOLDEN HAIR. NOT BROWN!

12. Sean Fan
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Wolfheart: damnit david and dan. The Lannisters HAVE GOLDEN HAIR. NOT BROWN!

And Ned is suppose to have dark or black hair and they didn’t seemed concerned about changing that!! Nor were they when they left in the scenes of Sean wearing his own short hair (tinted dark) and then filmed the test of the series with him not only wearing a wig but a lighter and longer one at that! I think Tyrion’s change is a whole lot more subtle than Ned’s was!

13. Alexander Dubrovsky
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Hair-gate!

Just kidding, those pics are awesome and keep ‘em coming. Cheers to Croatian media for giving the proper respect to this production.

14. Josh Parker
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Relax everybody they’re set photos not production stills.

15. Maxwell James
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

IIRC there was a similar kerfluffle over Jaime having brown hair in a few of the shots that were released last year. Turned out to be a non-issue.

16. SugarVampire
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

On the contrary, I don’t think HBO mind to have these pictures shown as they help to sustain the publicity of GoT throughout the year. (One of the reasons why some of the castings have yet to be revealed) Afterall, most of the shots they had in NI have not been leaked. These are just photos not clips. The situation is similar to that of Dark Knight Rising.

17. Lord o' Boners
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Is it just me or does Bronn have longer hair as well? At least that can easily be explained… Lannister hair turning brown? Not so much.

18. Oi!
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

C’mon HBO, last year by September we already had the “Raven” trailer. :P

Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Ryan Dunn:

…ryan

20. Mirri Maz
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

They are probably in rehearsal’s which is why Tyrion’s hair is still dark, he’s only been there for a day or two and I’m sure they prepare quite a bit before the actual shooting starts.

21. dizzy_34
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Oi!,

We might get a short teaser this Sunday before BoardWalk Empire. I’m betting on seeing some sort of Season 2 trailer at the end of BEs second season.

22. Winterdark
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Hm, I hope Tyrion has Blond hair in the actuall series but then again I can live with him having brown hair, even though it’s odd. Also how likely is the possibility of a teaser. Cause that would certainly brighten up my day.

23. Joshua Taylor
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Wow such kneejerk reactions. Why would they change Tyrion’s hair colour? Of course it could be lighting of course it could be rehearsals. Anyone who thinks this is the finished product…well, you only drive yourself crazier and more frustrated. Me? I’m sure it will all be fine come April.

Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Mirri Maz:

You don’t think Tyrion has been filming since July??

The hair is definitely a little darker this season.

25. Andrija Andrew P
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Lex: Nope, but he should. I personally don’t think the wigs (Cersei, Dany, Viserys, Ned, Robert, etc.) looked that bad.

You need to check you eye-sight those Cersei wigs were ghastly!! It was horrid!

Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

My eye sight is fine. I really don’t think they look that bad.

Okay, Cersei’s looked a bit fake… but I had NO problem at all with Ned, Robert, or even Dany/Viserys.

27. Joshua Taylor
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Lex,

I don’t think Tyrion has been filming much yet at all. I am prepared to eat crow if his hair is darker come April, but I bet a hundred dollars that it’s lighting or he’s not wearing a wig or something.

28. David Scotton
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Knurk:

If they’re smart they shouldn’t mind… it’s just building hype for the show. I don’t see what harm it could actually cause them.

29. Maxwell James
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Oi!,

The “Raven” trailer was based on rough footage and was clearly meant for book fans only. It was thrilling for us to see, but frankly did not look very polished. GoT has a LOT more fans now than it did then; for them to release any material that is not 100% ready for prime time would be a big mistake. I wouldn’t expect any teasers before December at the earliest.

30. John
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

The only horrid thing is your spelling

Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Right now, it looks the same as his Emmy appearance last week… brown with blond highlights. Then again, we saw an early photo of him last year with a similar colour, which was obviously lightened when actual filming started.

Who knows.

32. Andrija Andrew P
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

John: Andrija Andrew P: You need to check you eye-sight those Cersei wigs were ghastly!! It was horrid!The only horrid thing is your spelling

Don’t be a prick, English is my third language…

33. Barbarossa
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Andrija Andrew P,

Telling someone to check their eyesight isn’t prickish at all. Nope

34. Eric Bigpicture
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

35. OhDanyBoy
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Andrija Andrew P,

Most of Cersei’s ghastly wigs were wigs in the reality of the show, if I recall correctly – ie they were supposed to look like wigs!

36. Elena Amici
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Barbarossa:
    Andrija Andrew P,

Telling someone to check their eyesight isn’t prickish at all. Nope

telling someone their spelling is horrible is worse.
    people criticizing your english can be really annoying, expecially since many of them don’t even bother trying to learn a second language to see how it feels like (statistically speaking :D)

anyway, those wigs didn’t look that fake to me. Expecially Dany’s. The only time a wig looked obviously fake was in episode 4 – cersei at the tournament.

Also, i need a trailer! C’mon HBO, i’ll be happy with a short one!! ;)

37. KG
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Sean Fan,

Yeah but Ned’s dark brown hair isn’t a plot point like Lannister-Blonde is.

38. Knurk
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

David Scotton,

I know, but HBO has been very uptight about these things. It’s always been their policy to not be transparent. So that’s why I’m thinking they’re not too happy about it.

For the people worrying about the hair-colours: I don’t know if I saw something else last season but Jaime and Tyrion sure as hell didn’t look blond to me last season.

39. Elena Amici
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

KG:
    Sean Fan,

Yeah but Ned’s dark brown hair isn’t a plot point like Lannister-Blonde is.

agree.
    Of course, i think the only reason why his hair is still brown is b/c he hasn’t shoot any real scene yet. I mean, he was around in the US til last week and we know they have been filming Robb/Mel/Cat/Theon scenes and that’s probably all. So, no tyrion scenes = no blond hair = no need to be worried!

40. Winterdark
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Eric Bigpicture: An observation: no badge of the Hand visible on Dinklage in any of those shots. Seems like at very least in shot 22 it should be pinned on his left breast.

I think he just arrived in KL and therefore isn’t hand of the king yet.

41. Zagi
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Barbarossa: Andrija Andrew P, Telling someone to check their eyesight isn’t prickish at all. Nope

I honestly didn’t mean anything wrong by it, it is just an expression, call it a cultural difference if you like… But I guess I have to thread lightly, PC is all the rage today..

42. sjwenings
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Knurk: I don’t know if I saw something else last season but Jaime and Tyrion sure as hell didn’t look blond to me last season.

A dark, sort of brownish blonde, but blonde enough. And regardless. It’s pretty stupid to change a characters haircolor like that.

43. Ax0r
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

OhDanyBoy:
    Andrija Andrew P,

Correct.
    The scene in which Cersei speaks to Robert, and also the “You Win or You Die” scene in the garden, when her hair is all loose – that’s meant to be her natural hair.
    All the other scenes, where she’s making public appearances, etc – those are meant to look like wigs, because they are meant to be wigs within the context of the show.
    In real history, it was a common way for wealthy women (and also men) to show off their wealth – by wearing large, elaborate wigs made out of (ideally) human hair, it was a way to out do one another.
    Go watch the (admittedly pretty horrible) recent movie of Marie Antoinette for (semi fictionalised) real-world reference.

44. Epic Vidi Vici
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

I love how quickly this thread has degenerated into an argument (at least a civil one I believe Josh Dune might agree) about whether the wigs were “okay” or “bad”. I will only agree that I didn’t really notice King Baratheon’s wig. Eddard Stark’s wig looked greasy. I wonder if it was his real hair in LoTR, because it was really nice then. Cerise’s wig didn’t fit her natural complexion. Same with the Targs. I didn’t think Tyrion had blonde hair last year so I’m not shocked about ‘brown hair’ now.

45. Assunta
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

Interesting hairgate comments about whether filming vs. rehearsal has started. Not that I am seeking to fan flames, but from my second hand experience, which basically means you can ignore everything after the comma, movie companies at least do not hire, dress, put in full makeup, dress a set and have camera booms, etc. in place without putting it on useable film. They may do run throughs prior to filming, particularly if action and/or stunts are involved so everyone has their places and timing right, but otherwise that is a HUGE expense. Principle actors are usually not even present for lighting and set blocking. That is done by standins and the actors only come out on set when everything is set and ready for filming. Again, I DON’T KNOW CRAP, but seems to me that they are filming something that will appear in rushes for potential use . Also, a mob scene like that could take a few days to shoot as it requires multiple angles and specific shots on actors/vingettes that when all edited together look like a madhouse has exploded.

I wonder if they use some sort of after-film medium to lighten hair? Not sure if such a thing exists.

46. James
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici,

They have shot plenty of scenes with Tyrion. There is no way they would go 60 days without shooting any Tyrion scenes. Peter was in an interview recently talking about how he has had scenes with his new squire and also the actor who plays Lancel said on twitter that he just shot an awesome scene with Peter Dinklage and that was a few weeks ago.

47. Starkgirl
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

I suspect the film will be treated so the hair will be lighter. It’d be strange if Tyrion suddenly had brown hair in the second season especially if there’s no explanation given.

Posted September 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Okay, his hair is definitely darker. Case closed.

49. the goat
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

Emmy Winner Peter Dinklage and Jerome Flynn, runnin’ round Croatia, up to no good!

I am so much happier than I was before! Hahahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahaha

Disclaimer (Not a spoiler, a disclaimer, they are different):

Any person who enjoys reading any or all of the books must realize that it is impossible to create the imaginations of a billion different people. You should also keep in mind that NONE OF THIS SHOULD HAVE EVER FUCKING HAPPENED!

50. the goat
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the pic, WiC!

Sorry, I couldn’t stop. (Marx Bros made a career outta this.)

(Except Karl, he was a revolutionary. Didn’t use cue cards.)

51. Sean Fan
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Epic Vidi Vici: Eddard Stark’s wig looked greasy. I wonder if it was his real hair in LoTR, because it was really nice then.

No. That was a wig. It just looked real because it was of better quality than the one he had to wear in GOT!!!

52. Sean Fan
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: (I’m still try to figure out why NCW and KH were also in the us though. I mean, they don’t live there and yet they have both been in the US for a while. Are they filming something?)

NCW and KH were both in the U.S. for the Emmy Awards. KH also was in Toronto Canada for filming Silent Hill:Revelation 3D a ways back.

Posted September 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Epic Vidi Vici:

Are you kidding? My friends and I used to ALWAYS make jokes about how greasy Boromir’s hair looks in LOTR!

54. the goat
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

I just wanted to let everyone on this board know, on this day of our Emmy-winner, Mr. Peter fucking Dinklage, working his ass off in Croatia (Woo Woo!), that I hope that all of you who decry, insult, or defame this project, go straight to . . .

55. Moe
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Love those pictures!

I keep seeing this guy everywhere in the photos. Is he an extra or is he the animal caretaker (if that’s the case then why isn’t he wearing clothes as he’s supposedly a part of the crew)?

56. the goat
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

your lover’s arms. or your mom’s. or your dad’s. or whatever’s legal in your country.

Just enjoy it, you lucky sonsuvabitches!

or read the books to your kids, explaining all the inconsistencies, so they can finally make a decent adaptation two generations later

Cuz, y’know, Ghost barked

57. KG
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Are you drunk?

58. K
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

On the subject of wigs and hair, was anyone else irritated that Dany’s hair looked fine when she stood up from the smoldering fire? In the book GRRM makes a big deal about how her hair is gone and details the times when people notice it growing back – I know it’s nitpicking but I still think they should have gone with the burned hair….

59. Ryan Dunn
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 12:05 am | Permalink

K,

I hate to say it, but I think the show runners and HBO realized that going bald with Dany would mean really going bald with her as opposed to a bald cap. There was probably hair, make-up, prosthetic, and sex appeal issues to consider.

And besides the fact that it is detailed in the books, I don’t think it affected her characterization nor anything related to plot, did it? I might be wrong of course, but I think keeping her hair keeps her looking queenly for season 2.

Didn’t have a problem with it, really. But that’s just me.

Re: Wigs. Sorry for starting that snowball rolling. Ned and Robert’s wigs definitely fit their complexions and characters. My only issue with Cersei is that her styling in the show actually makes her seem much less attractive to me than she is in real life.

The Targaryens have always been a smidgeon on the corny side, as has the entire Dothraki culture on screen. I can deal with it because we have some good actors in those roles, but I was not head over heels with anything across the Narrow Sea to be honest. The scale and scope of the khalasars were greatly diminished for budgetary reasons… to the detriment of the whole point of the Dothraki people traveling in immense numbers.

Okay I’ll stop!

…ryan

60. Jambo
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 12:10 am | Permalink

‘Rumours from the set include the news that a possible “The making of Game of Thrones in Dubrovnik” video will be shot alongside the actual filming of the second series.’

Kick-ass :)

61. Lord o' Boners
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 12:23 am | Permalink

Ryan Dunn,

I felt the same way about the scenes from across the Narrow Sea. It came off so much better in the books. The only scene that vaguely captured the feeling I got from reading about Essos was the wine-seller/assassination attempt scene where they’re walking through the bazaar. The scenes on the Dothraki Sea didn’t really do it for me, and Pentos came up a little short as well. It just seems like they really minimized that side of the storyline, but maybe it’s for the better. If they had spent more time on Essos, it would’ve come at the expense of Westeros, and there’s much more going on there than with Dany (especially for AGoT).

62. Ivan Popić
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Moe:
    Love those pictures!

They are interviewing him in one of the articles – he is a caretaker and he brought the horses from UK to Dubrovnik. They just dressed him as extra to fit him in better in the scene.

ION: Croatian national television just showed another news feature about filming in Dubrovnik. It was a slightly longer then the first one and was covering a st. Dominic street shot. They even caught Dinklage. Unfortunately, I haven’t managed to record it again but I hope they will put it on their site like they did with the first news feature.

63. Luana
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 3:15 am | Permalink

For all of you who like to obsess about hairstyles/colours, here’s a nice detailed interview with the GoT head hairdresser:

64. Luana
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 3:26 am | Permalink

Peter Dinklage probably rebelled and insisted on fewer blonde highlights this season. The lightened streaks did look awfully orange in Season 1, and I remember some of the actors laughing and joking about Peter’s dye job in interviews. Perhaps he said “I am an Emmy winnner…no green M&Ms in my dressing room, and no bleach in my hair!”

Now, enough about hair, and on to more interesting stuff! I see that they shipped in at least a few trained stunt horses from Devil’s Horsemen in the UK. Yay for spending money on horse actors, even if the three black horses in the photos are different breeds.

65. the goat
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

KG,

Quite.

66. Epic Wunderscheisse
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Ryan Dunn,

Interesting take (sort of). My take is it went a little something like this:

D&D: You realize this is for possibly x amount of years?

EC: Yes, I’m in for the long run.

D&D: Okay. You may have to act like you are eating raw animal parts on film (don’t worry, it’s just gelatin).

EC: I love jello!

D&D: Great. And, well I am sure you are aware by now you will be nude a lot in season 1.

EC: I’m not afraid of being nude of film.

D&D: and sex scenes?

EC: Oh, I can fake it.

D&D: And rape scenes?

EC: Raper or rapee?

D&D: “ee”

EC: That’s easy.

D&D: We provide professional psychological support staff.

EC: Well then, let’s do this rape.

D&D: You’re great. You’ll have to wear an awful wig.

EC: Pssha, no problem.

D (aside, to the other D): This kid’s okay.

D&D: Okay Emilia, I think this is the beginning of a great relationship. And we love your beautiful, thick, flowing, dark long hair. Oh by the way, we’ll have to shave your head for a 2 minute scene during the last episode.

EC: emmmm…

D: Yeah, that sounds silly.
    Other D: Yeah, it does. Rewrite.
    D: Think you fans will bitch?
    Other D: Definitely.
    D: he he he he!
    Other D: Ha ha ha ha!
    D: MWahahahaha!
    etc.

67. Twelvetrees
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Not gonna lie, as soon as I saw those pics online today I trotted over here to see what was the reaction to Tyrion’s brown hair.

I don’t claim to understand the reasoning for the change to be honest. They’re plainly not rehearsing but shooting, he’s plainly been shooting all along, and it plainly looks more like Sansa’s hair colour now than any Lannisters. Equally, if you didn’t intend it to be this dark then you’re not going to change it in post-production, as that’s very expensive and time-consuming to do, when a packet of dye costs next to nothing and takes half an hour.

So we must assume it’s entirely on purpose and it’s appearance will not change much on screen.

I’m baffled, to be honest. It looked fine before.

The thing that’s hardest to understand is that it’s not like us readers are going to be the only ones who notice. Even viewers who have never read the books will still more than likely go “Huh?? Didn’t that little dude have blond hair last year? FAIL!!”

68. John
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Epic Wunderscheisse:
    Ryan Dunn,

Interesting take (sort of). My take is it went a little something like this:

D&D: You realize this is for possibly x amount of years?

EC: Yes, I’m in for the long run.

EC: I love jello!

EC: I’m not afraid of being nude of film.

D&D: and sex scenes?

EC: Oh, I can fake it.

D&D: And rape scenes?

EC: Raper or rapee?

D&D: “ee”

EC: That’s easy.

D&D: We provide professional psychological support staff.

EC: Well then, let’s do this rape.

D&D: You’re great. You’ll have to wear an awful wig.

EC: Pssha, no problem.

D (aside, to the other D): This kid’s okay.

EC: emmmm…

D: Yeah, that sounds silly.
    Other D: Yeah, it does. Rewrite.
    D: Think you fans will bitch?
    Other D: Definitely.
    D: he he he he!
    Other D: Ha ha ha ha!
    D: MWahahahaha!
    etc.

Too bad nothing you’ve said is funny .

69. knowsomething
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Twelvetrees,

It does look a lot darker than last year, I was noticing that at the Emmys. However, he clearly has blond highlights. I do wish they had dyed it lighter. When Tricia Helfer got sick of dying her hair platinum blonde on BSG, she eventually just started wearing a wig. Maybe a short wig would just look too funny for a guy.

70. Ripley
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Love all the pics – thanks! Getting excited for season 2! Makes the waiting slightly more bearable.

Waiting for hbo’s making of Got page to update with some nice behind the scenes videos – guess that may take a while. : (

71. susan
    Posted March 20, 2013 at 1:02 am | Permalink

the reason why Tyrion’s hair is dark in season 2 is because the creators of the show didn’t like how the light blonde hair translated onto screen. Also that light blonde hair just didn’t look good on Peter, as the creators made a statement about that. in the original pilot, Peter’s hair is died very blonde, like in the book, but from that pilot’s reaction, they decided to film for the regular season 1 anyway. which is why Tyrion in season 1 is rather blonde. then as season 1 progress, Peter’s hair color was changing. I totally understand their decision, but at the same time i’m still wanted to be light blonde. even just a little bright, but not to bright. anyway, Tyrion’s hair is just dirty blonde, just like the rest of the Lannisters. Except maybe Cerceil (i know i spelled her name wrong, but you know what i mean).

72. Sasha
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

The creators and Dinklage decided to dyed his hair before the original pilot was about in production. So Dinklage did, his hair was like in the book, but once David and Dan view the original pilot, they realize that the hair color wasn’t working. David and Dan has said that Dinklage’s hair looked more orange than the white gold like from the book. So David and Dan redo 90% of the original pilot, which is why Tyrion’s hair change, light to dark, was very noticeable in season 1. Tyrion’s hair color is very dark, but like my dad’s hair, it’s a very dark blonde color. Not everyone is happy with Tyrion’s hair color now, but it looks like we just need to get use to it.