TITANCON: The briefest summation
By Fire And Blood on in Press.

In short: Waaauuuuuooohhhhhh!

FaBihoff here, figuring we needed a place-marker for the awesomeness to come. The awesomeness that was (and still is)…

TITANCON!

(Yes, the Always Support the Bottom tee-shirts are still stuck in customs as far as I know. It’s 11:45 pm here at the moment. No tee shirts.)

There’s so much awesome nerdry to report on—though sadly the cast and crew were pretty button-lipped as to any actual details regarding season two (even during the panel that was supposed to be all about season two—huh), we got plenty of interesting information.

It may take a while to process. Plus we’re still trying to finagle confirmation from Phil (not our Phil, their Phil, but just as cool as Phil, and probably a better dancer) as to whether or not we are allowed to use ALL the FREAKING VIDEO coverage we took of the panels. The last word was “probably, but let me double check.”

(If it remains probably for the next two days, I’m posting that stuff.)

Because my gawd, there’s a lot. Maybe if we promise to pimp the shit out of TITANCON every year … So this “place mat” post is designed to kick it all off. No pictures yet … followed by TONS of pictures and video in the next few days.

Quick snippets:

• NEWS: the Greatjon will not be appearing in season two of Game of Thrones. He’s not out, has not been recast… he simply won’t be appearing yet.
  • In season one rehearsal, Miltos was paired with… THE KING’S LANDING BUTLER who played the role of Arya, and apparently quite well.
  • Sophie was asked whether or not she had a scene that she’s dreading, and she immediately said “Yes, the one I’m about to fly to Dubrovnik to film. Hmmm. The Hound rescue in the streets of King’s Landing perhaps? Sophie is violently allergic to horses. Guess we’ll see.

So many people to thank. Sophie and Lord Two-Feathers and Doc-tastic Rimshot and Joe (still not on the show) and Kristian and Johan and Myranda and JackieMacMackity and Maisie and Rabbit and HmR and Mrs. HmR and Qthulhu and Ross and Miltos and Sally and Ser Mountain Goat and Pod and William and Paedar and Silverjaime and Jo and and Callum and …

… so many more to add.

But as a prelude to all the TITANCON awesomeness, I thought I’d real quick throw up a thread where y’all can give us your TITANCON thoughts… (perhaps even memories if you were there) … before we even get one photo up. Because a flood is coming.

Winter came. Oh yes it did. The North remembers.

See you all again when I’m back stateside tomorrow!

~FaB~

1. Hollyoak
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

April 12, 2012 Season Two. Just saw a quick blurb.

“The night is dark and full of terrors.” Didn’t sound like any actor we know. Stannis?

A graphic of a moon or corona exploding!

Woohoo! Saw it while about to watch Boardwalk Empire.

First!!!!

Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak,

Teaser trailer!

3. NewJeffCT
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

Lex:
    Hollyoak,

Teaser trailer!

wow, that was kind of underwhelming. Exciting that season 2 is coming… but still.

4. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

So much awesome! I can’t wait to see the report, and the teaser and everything. :D

5. isenriver
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

So, no Greatjon I wonder how that is going to work, if they plan on showing a lot more of Rob.

6. Li
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

No Greatjon (I love him! in both versions!) means they won’t be moving that-one-thing up to season 2, at least.

7. the goat
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

The night is dark and full of terrors!

Nice.

Also good to see them giving Mr. Dinklage some love!

Hollyoak,

It’s one of Rhllor’s catchphrases.

8. andrea
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

and “The night is dark and full of turnips” it´s one of Pip´s

9. the goat
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

Did I say “catchphrases”?

Because I certainly meant to say, “religious maxims.”
    Please don’t shadowbaby kill me, Rhllor. Thanks so much.

10. Hollyoak
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT: wow, that was kind of underwhelming.Exciting that season 2 is coming… but still.

Yeah, but it was SOMETHING. We won’t see any real teasers for quite a while still. It was just a fun little thing since I wasn’t expecting it.

11. Dan Kemp
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak:
    April 12, 2012 Season Two. Just saw a quick blurb.

“The night is dark and full of terrors.”Didn’t sound like any actor we know. Stannis?

A graphic of a moon or corona exploding!

Woohoo! Saw it while about to watch Boardwalk Empire.

First!!!!

That can’t be the date, that’s a Thursday.

Posted September 25, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

13. the goat
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Dan Kemp,

It said “April 2012,” not “April 12, 2012.” I think Hollyoak just got excited.

14. Tar Kidho
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 1:44 am | Permalink

I am building an Arc to withstand the flood!

15. Steve
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 2:28 am | Permalink

Are they going to make the scence where Sansa is stripped in front of the court by the Kingsguard? I don’t think they’ll be allowed to do that so what’s left for Sophie to dread in this season?

16. userj
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Steve,

Um, well she almost gets raped by the hound near the end of S2, I’d dread that as a young actress. Would be super akward and uncomfortable no matter how good the repore with the other actor is…

17. Johan Sporre
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 3:19 am | Permalink

TitanCon was super awesome! I’m definitely coming next year as well. and everybody who missed it this year should really be there 2012.

As a little tease (but longer than 17 seconds) I took some photos with my phone during the weekend. There are some tourist-y photos, but mostly TitanCon.

As for Sophie’s awkward scene (I think she made it seem like she’d already filmed one) I immediately thought of the scene where Joffrey strips her but that they’d film from the back and use a body-double.

18. Chris77
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 3:44 am | Permalink

Lex: This is REALLY disappointing. If they’re planning on showing Robb’s campaign, it makes no sense for the Greatjon to suddenly be absent. I’m pretty annoyed by how many great characters are getting shafted in terms of screen time (e.g. The Mountain in Season 1). Sigh, oh well.

19. The Rabbit
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:03 am | Permalink

Johan Sporre,

Look who is on his feets already so early in the morning! :)

Yeah, TitanCon was super-extra-absolutely-brilliant-great-awesome !!!!

No, photos from though, my camera has been broken since the day I ve arrived, in fact I brought the broken camera with me :(

Special thanks to two great guys who running that site: nice and gentle HmR and Faboulous FaBio!

@Winter it is your time to fly over the pond and come the next year (with the T-shirts if possible :D)

Rabbit sends a lot of hugs & kisses to all wic-commenters from Belfast :)

p.s. Of course, I have a bit of info of my own: Today s filming will take place somewhere in the country on the road to Castle Ward, because we saw a legendary GOT sign (Rimshot did in fact) from the bus :)

20. Rimshot
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:26 am | Permalink

I’ll post a longer summation later, but for now, all I can say is it was amazing!

Check out my twitter feed for photos and my YouTube channel for panel vids (both DocFourFour)

21. HouseLark
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:32 am | Permalink

It says in the article that Sophie Turner is allergic to horses so the rescue scene will be awkward. As for the scene where Joffrey has her stripped. I just assumed they’d tone it right down so maybe they rip off her outer dress leaving her still clothed and Tyrion arrives before he does in the book to stop it going any further.

Also, does the Hound almost rape her in the book? I seem to recall it being creepy and terrifying for Sansa, but it didn’t get that far before he though better of it.

22. Blackfish Blues
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Chris77:

Heh. Given the choice I’d have no doubts, but I hate to lose the Greatjon. Also because less GJ means even less use for the Blackfish or any other advisor for Robb and Cat.

There were lots of intense single-character moments in S1, but one of my fave things, that IMHO turned out especially well, were the ensemble scenes. I mean, film Sean Bean filing his nails and it’s Emmy material, but it’s harder to do with a group – instead the Night Watch Support Group worked fabulously, the young actors hit it off so well together; and since we’re speaking of the Greatjon, so did Robb’s bannermen (and -woman) in the KITN scene. There was the rash one, the doubtful one, the strong and silent type (Karstark), the wildly cackling hag (my beloved Lady Maege) and of course the GJ. It worked because of this ensemble; the actual direction was a bit weird, with everyone sitting down at once.

I’m worried that most of S2 will be made of lots of close-ups of Richard Madden, alone or with Cat, crying, shouting, badassing – which he does extremely well, mind you, he’s excellent in the role, growing in it and dispelling my initial doubts! But I’ll miss the scenes with Robb and his advisors, because they highlighted his youth and determination.

Then again, we’ll get sexposition with Jeyne Whoever, so it’s all right.

(sorry, I’m becoming negative, I should just stop reading the rumours.)

23. Malt
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:40 am | Permalink

I’m just going to add to the general chorus of “it was awesome!”.

Also, as one of the “old-timers” from the Westeros boards, it was great to see so many new faces at one of these things – we were in a distinct minority even compared to you WiC guys, never mind the overall crowd.

As a final thought, I’m really looking forward to Jo’s Dothraki death metal band next year.

24. Blackfish Blues
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 4:41 am | Permalink

In other news, I missed you guys. :( Titancon was almost on my home turf, but I couldn’t gather enough enthusiasm for it. I’d have loved meeting you all, HmR and FaB, and Miltos and Joe, and Lord Two Feathers and Doc Rimshot, and Rabbit, Johan and all the other awesome peeps.

25. Mormegil
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 5:19 am | Permalink

Chris77: Hmmm, maybe they sent the Greatjon to Riverrun, to deal with the Tullys (offscreen), but that would mean that Robb has a new advisor/First Officer in S2, which could only be… BLACKFISH!!! LOL

I think the first part could well be correct or if not Riverun just commanding a second army elsewhere. From reports though I’m guessing the role of Named Lord who is Robs 2nd in command will be taken over by Roose.

26. purplejilly
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 6:57 am | Permalink

Blackfish Blues: I’m losing interest in the making of GoT, that’s all. It’s not just the Blackfish. I loved S1 and I wish I could fast forward to April 2012 and watch S2 without expectations or prejudices. Got any therapy for this? :(

Actually, after GoT was over, I got in to watching True Blood, and since I started with S.4 (lol) then I had to go to Netflix and watch the beginning Seasons. I really ended up enjoying it, it’s funny, romantic, and full of nudity, sex and gore and violence. I am not a fan of nudity, sex, gore and violence (NSGV), but the show was so interesting in its other parts that I could look past it or fast forward past the nudity/sex part, because they rarely employed any sexposition. And I think watching all the NSGV on True Blood made me feel a little less upset about GoT, in a weird way.. Also True Blood has got to be the most gay-friendly show on TV. It’s very positive in that respect. So I recommend True Blood therapy :)

27. Elena Amici
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Wow, Fabio. Now i can’t wait to watch the video.
    Joe WILL be on the show, i feel it u.u
    Also, you made me remember about the shirt xD

Hollyoak: Woohoo! Saw it while about to watch Boardwalk Empire.

Lucky you. I’m still downloading it xD

28. Qthulhu
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 7:51 am | Permalink

It’s Qthulhu man, Qthulhu! Don’t use the stage name! : D

29. Dennai
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:17 am | Permalink

TitanCon (or moot3 undercover, as I like to call it) was amazing, but too short. Same as “Game of thrones”, the pace was too fast and we need more episodes.

So many names to mention and to thank, I’m bound to forget people and I hate it, but all the volunteers are stars who worked as mules so everybody else could have fun. They brilliantly supported the bottom, the sides and the top. Well done, guys!

The actors were awesome, as open, warm and friendly as always. It was lovely to see how much confidence Sophie and Maise had gained since the time of the pilot shooting and how articulate they are. Art is the cuttest thing ever.

Kristian and Miltos are da bomb.’Nuff said. I give them a cheering “Hodor, hodor. Just so”.

It still boggles my mind that the custom officers retained the T-shirts and, however, THEY STILL LET FaBio get into the country, but I am pleased to report that he behaved himself (more or less). HmR, such a great trip companion, you made what it was already a wonderful tour into an unforgettable journey. I assure you, Winter, your two pals lived to the hype. Awesome badassery, indeed.

If Brotherhood without Banners ever decided to have a banner, JackieMac should be on it. If instead the twisted world George gave us, Westeros were a fairytale kingdom Phil LordMountainGoat would sit on the Iron Throne. Rabbit is a Champion of the Faith, the faith I keep that Internet can be indeed a place of friendship and sharing, not some trolls wasteland.
    Knighthood’s ideals are still alive. A lot of people keep them so: Rimshot, Bruce, Silverjaime, Samantha, Peadar, Sporre, Jo… and a lot more that I can’t recall now, but that I’ll always remember.

Bring it on, TitanCon2012, and in the meantime, see you on the boards!

30. HouseLark
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Blackfish Blues:

Watch the Danish version of The Killing; should fill some time and it may even be better than GoT…

31. silverjaime
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Moved from another thread: As one of the organisers (Phil Bruce Ian and myself) of TitanCon, I want to thank all the guests, volunteers, attendees and supporters for making it a memorable weekend!! It was brilliant meeting you all and I hope you had a great time cos I had a blast!
    Thanks! xx

32. Blackfish Blues
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:58 am | Permalink

purplejilly,
    HouseLark,
    thanks for the suggestions ^___^ But I watch little TV, and the Seven forbid I grow attached to another show. I only wish I could follow GoT updates and look forward to the series with a calmer mind.

33. Nick Larter
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 9:49 am | Permalink

TitanCon was awesome! Can’t wait for the 2012 version to come around (now where else have I heard that :D). It was great to finally put real people to some of the handles I’ve come to know on this board and others. There’s more posted on my blog for those who follow it, with a link to some pics – nothing world shattering – the same ones more or less that you’ll see on another 100 or so online albums around the place, I shouldn’t wonder.

People are asking more and more on how to get through the withdrawal symptoms until April 2012. My own prescription, for readers at least, is to go spend some time in the Three Kingdoms – Meszria, Fingiswold and Rerek – and get stuck into the original, archetypal, low-magic, pseudo-mediaeval, intrigue politics and treachery-laden fantasy series, pre-dating ASOIAF by some sixty years and every bit as good – ER Eddison’s Zimiamvian Trilogy.

34. Hollyoak
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

the goat:
    Dan Kemp,

It said“April 2012,” not “April 12, 2012.”I think Hollyoak just got excited.

Premature geek-gasm.

35. stile
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Does Robb really NEED all those lords advising him? I mean, yes, of course he does, but for the purposes of the show we only really need one…that’s why we didn’t hear much of anyone besides the Greatjon last season, and if Roose Bolton moves into a more central role, we don’t really need the Greatjon anymore.

I agree he great in the first season, but with so many new actors coming on, it makes sense that they would cut out some of the old ones that are no longer quite as necessary. Hopefully he’ll come back eventually, though.

36. purplejilly
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 11:43 am | Permalink

ALso just another HURRAY for the King’s Landing Butler.. He’s my favorite non-canon character!

Posted September 26, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Dennai,

Thanks! The trip was great, thank you for your company and discussion as well. Game of Thrones fans are the best bunch!

38. The Rabbit
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Just filling my time at the Paris airport between two flights.

I did a terrible thing this morning: forgot to thank our brave Lord Two Feathers to take Mrs HmR, HmR and me on the great tour of filming locations on Friday!

I have no words to express how greatfull I am :)

39. The Rabbit
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Dennai,

After that, everybody has to call me Saint Rabbit ;)

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

40. Roger the Lurker
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

So I’m finally actually posting for the first time after reading WiC ever since the original Tower of the Hand shout-out, and I’m just going to echo what everyone else has already said. TitanCon was indeed, in Joe’s words, AWESOME!

Maisie, Sophie, Art, Kristian, Callum and Miltos were all so warm and real – not Hollywood types at all. I think my favorite part of Saturday was hearing the pride in Kristian’s voice when he talked about how much the series means to Belfast, and how far the city’s come since the Troubles.

Second favorite was explaining to Maisie’s mum about my nerdy Wil Wheaton shirt – and about who he is in the first place!

As far as Sunday went… well, I am just now feeling dry after the coach tour! Best bit WAS kneeling and shouting “The King in the North!” And the SCA guys having an almighty whack at each other with swords-and-boards in Winterf– I mean, Castle Ward’s courtyard. The hog roast at the end was just the ticket to the tired, wet, cold and hungry.

Made some new friends both here and on Westeros (where I am also a serial lurker). Didn’t get as many email addy’s as I wanted but do want to keep in touch with everyone!

Roll on April 2012!

- Roger the Lurker (aka that American guy from Northampton)

Posted September 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Roger the Lurker,

Hey Roger, great to hear from you, you delurker you :) great summary, I agree wholeheartedly. Glad you finally got dry, my hood is still wet! Give my best to Alice.

42. Johan Sporre
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

I had a bus and flight to catch (shoutout to the 4 fellow TitanConers on the bus and Håkan and Mats who shared my flight home) and was waiting for my breakfast – of course I logged onto WiCnet in the time I had :)

I also have to reiterate something I wrote on Westeros: our fan-group must be one of the best! So many friendly people, which lead to a great atmosphere all weekend long.

43. Cleever12
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

TITANCON !

44. Qthulhu
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Roger the Lurker,

I’ll have peace on those terms – THE KING IN THE NORTH!

45. Ser Lurkalot
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

A TitanCon moment of awesome: Art Parkinson offers to do something crazy if I promise to wear this button he waves in front of me. Who could refuse such a wonderfully wacky offer? So, now I find myself being enslaved by Peadar ÓGuilín, together with not a few TitanConers. Not following along in this story? Wondering what Art’s part of the deal was? Well, you should have attended the TitanCon couch tour! :-P

46. Ser Lurkalot
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

The “couch tour”? Am I tired or what? Well, the coach tour was super nice all the way, despite the pouring rain. One question though: Anyone else that thinks the snow in Tollymore forest looked awfully fake?

47. Two Feathers
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

No worries Rabbit, happy to do it. Hope you have a nice rest before you start work again……………………..Myself and Mrs Feathers really enjoyed Sat. at Titancon.The professional photograph with the cast really made our day. Miltos water dancing lesson was brilliant also.
    It was good to finally hook up with Fabio and HMR, also met Silverjamie for the first time which was nice.
    Finally a great BIG pat on the back for Silverjamie and her fellow Titancon organisers. A job well done. Thankyou.

48. Blackfish Blues
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

stile:

Very true: right now it’s more important to establish Bolton as a faithful Stark bannerman, because, ya know, Bolton. Oh, and Jaime Lannister sends his regards. So I’m totally behind this.

BUT, the GreatJon having one quip, Maege laughing, a single effing helmet with a single effing trout on it… would it be so expensive?

Guess I’ve been spoiled by S1 where so much was awesome. And maybe S2 will be as awesome. MUST STOP READING RUMOURS.

49. The Rabbit
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Roger the Lurker,

I have to agree that it was the best and the most nerdiest moment of the tour, execpt for the fact that my trousers were completely soaked afterwords.

KING IN THE NORTH!

50. Martin / Wyvernwood
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Really sorry that I couldn’t be there for TitanCon – it just wasn’t meant to be for me this year.

Sounds as though it was a blast, and as I wasn’t there to take loads of photos, I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone elses photos, vids and stories.

51. GameofThronesJoe
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Wholeheartedly agree. Fantastic night. Just posted a bunch of pics on Twitter @Joseph_Campo

52. Siobhan Mooney
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

I had a wonderful time at TitanCon. Thanks to all the cast members and fellow fans who made it such a wonderful weekend. My personal OMG moment was getting to talk to Sophie, as Sansa’s my favourite character. She’s a lovely girl. It’s great to see how she and Maisie are such good friends. They’re both so articulate, funny, and clever.

I must commend the organisers as well. It was a great idea to have organised photo and autograph sessions, as it let us all have some great souvenirs of the meetup without the guests having to be bothered with photo/autograph requests outside of those times. Of course, in my photo with the cast (and storyboard writer), my giant grin took up about 80% of my face. But I don’t care. Most treasured photo ever!

By the way, in case any fellow attendees are wondering who I am, I’m the woman who asked the first question in the first panel: “You’ve been given the power to decide the costume of the person to your left. What do you make them wear?” Great answers from all present! I must admit, I just asked it as in icebreaker to get the ball rolling, so I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the answers were. :-)

53. Qthulhu
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Siobhan Mooney,

I definitely still think it was one of the best and most original questions of the day!

54. Siobhan Mooney
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Qthulhu,

Thank you for the compliment and for making me feel so welcome in Belfast. It was such a pleasure to talk with you. :-)

55. Yapi Santiago
    Posted September 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Well I’m usually a quiet lurker, but I just want to come out just this once to commend the organizers of TitanCon for such a wonderful event! You can really see the effort they put into all of it! And despite the stress that it must have brought on, they were still a great bunch of people :D I was very nervous coming to the event since I came all alone from the other side of the world, but they made me feel very welcome (and the other fans who were there were very friendly, too!)

They also surprised me with an absolutely lovely prize for making the trip over! They were simply such a kind bunch!

And like everyone else is saying, the guests were absolute darlings. Maisie was all smiles and thank yous at the event. During the tour, Miltos and Kristian really rubbed elbows with the crowd remembering names and making conversation with everyone. Such kind gents!

Posted September 27, 2011 at 2:39 am | Permalink

Yapi Santiago,

Hey Yapi, thanks for commenting, great to have you.
    Folks, if you didn’t know, Yapi came to TitanCon all the way from The Philippines! What dedication, bottom supporting deluxe.

57. Nick Larter
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 3:40 am | Permalink

Yapi Santiago,

It was nice to meet you Yapi – wherever you are this time next year, try to remember to offer an egg for the TitanCon weather and the fans might get a dry bus tour!

58. LL
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 4:03 am | Permalink

I’m pretty sure that GreatJon will not here because of Roose Bolton. Meaning that we already know GreatJon so it’s time to discover Bolton and get both of them in S3 for RW. We have to know who is Bolton and his personnality before the Red Wedding !. Too bad, I like GreatJon but anyway !

Thanks for news, guys !

59. Peadar Ó Guilín
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 5:27 am | Permalink

Hi guys,

as somebody who was “working” at TitanCon, let me add a slightly different perspective.

I was nervous as hell herding a panel full of superstars, so I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the audience. You asked great questions (yes, Siobhán, yours was particularly brilliant); you treated our guests with respect — but not so much they were afraid to dance with us later; you laughed and applauded and smiled.

And the volunteers? Gods. Every one. Except for the Goddesses.

Please come back next year. Bring some friends. Try not to drink too much mead.

60. silverjaime
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 5:56 am | Permalink

Two Feathers,

Hi Two Feathers and Mrs Two Feathers – was great to meet you for the first time as well after chatting for over a year! You are, after all, our featured extra in HBO photographs!
    Glad you both enjoyed it.

61. Qthulhu
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Peadar Ó Guilín,

No such thing as too much mead!

62. Peadar Ó Guilín
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:20 am | Permalink

Qthulhu,

Wait until YouTube broadcasts the bits you can’t remember. Then we’ll talk again.

63. Johan Sporre
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Peadar Ó Guilín,

Peadar, I thought you were fantastic as moderator (and presenter for the Masquerade!). Very entertaining, master.

64. Samantha Hirst
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:41 am | Permalink

Peadar Ó Guilín,

Your MCing the Masquerade was inspired. It was absolutely brilliant. I so think you should do it again next year.

65. Peadar Ó Guilín
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Johan Sporre:
    Peadar Ó Guilín,

Johan Sporre:
    Peadar Ó Guilín,

Thanks guys. It means a lot.

66. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Back from TitanCon and what a great time! Have the photos and video transferred to the PC and will hopefully get them uploaded some place today/tonight.

Huge thanks to the committee (MountainGoat, SilverJaime, Bruce and Ian), the volunteers, the attendees and of course all the guests (Peadar’s moderating was inspired!)

Will write a long report in my blog and post link here but I have to say these Moots/Cons just get better and better! MountainGoat, Dennai and I have “made the three”, let’s make it eight that’s what I say. :)

Highlights:

Spending time and sharing mead (cheers AKA_Qthuhlu!) with fellow WiCers and Thrones fans!
    Hog roast!
    Sophie’s and Maisie’s synchronised moon walking to Beat it!

No excuses peeps! Get yourself to TitanCon2 where we sing in Dothraki, dance, drink mead, and eat hog!

67. Lisa
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Titancon was fantastic, I’ll be around next year for sure. When I’m home I’m gonna post some pictures. I also heard some very very interesting and exciting stuff regarding season 2 that I heard. But I don’t know how to do that spoiler stuff on my mobile so that has to wait until tomorrow. ;)

68. Jimmy T
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

I don’t really get how Everyone seems to think Roose is now going to be Robb’s right hand man now. I know there are changes from the books but Robb is supposed to be campaigning in the West and and Bolton is supposed to occupy Harrenhal about halfway through the season (or earlier). So he could only be with Robb for a short period of time before he’d have to march all the way.

Unless they are going to get someone else to take Harrenhal which wouldn’t make any sense at al to me.

69. Qthulhu
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Jimmy T,

*insert Ygritte’s Three Holy Words here*

70. mollydot
    Posted September 28, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Ser Lurkalot,

I was on the tour! What did Art do?