And the winners are …
By Winter Is Coming on in Awards.

Last night, we announced the winners of our first annual WiCnet Awards for season one of Game of Thrones. These awards were voted on by the fans (nearly 50,000 votes in total) and they were our way of recognizing all those great moments and performances that the big awards shows wouldn’t be able to. Below is the full list of winners and then a breakdown of each category and how the voting played out. Thanks to all who voted!

Best Fight Scene: Syrio vs the guards
Best Dramatic Scene: Ned’s execution
Best Comedic Scene: Tyrion confesses his crimes
Best Added Scene: Robert and Cersei discuss the kingdom and their marriage
Best Monologue: Khal Drogo promises a gift for Rhaego
Best One-Liner: “You wouldn’t know him.” – Bronn
Best Line: “There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to death: not today.” – Syrio Forel
Best CGI Element: The Wall

Best Supporting Actor: Iain Glen
Best Supporting Actress: Natalia Tena
Best Actor: Sean Bean
Best Actress: Maisie Williams

Best Episode: Baelor (Ep. 9)

The live ceremony was a lot of fun. If you didn’t make it, you missed out. Miltos Yerolemou even gave a surprise acceptance speech!

Winter Is Coming: Congrats to all the winners! And to all the nominees, as well. So many great performances and moments, it was hard to narrow each category down to a handful of nominees (which I was all too reminded of in the comments for each category). But it was even harder to pick the best out of each of these. I think the winners were all well-deserved though. Thanks to everyone for participating! Can’t wait to do it again next year!

Voting results of each poll after the break …

1. Winterdark
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Wow I actually thought Michelle Fairley and NCW had a good shot at winning but looking at these results it seems they didn’t really stand a chance at all. Especially NCW so very few voted for him while he seemed to be one of the more popular contenders. And Mark Addy who I really thought would win only got 9% of the votes. Whereas I heard very few about how great Emilia Clarke was and she almost won. Just goes to show how representative comments are for the overall opinion.

2. Jenn
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Michelle was so fantastic, I have to say i’m disappointed she wasn’t even the runner up but Maisie was my second choice so i’m glad she took it.

3. qox
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

A-maisie-ng eyebrows’ dance indeed. Hard to vote against your favorite character anyway, when they’re all fine actors.

4. Johan Sporre
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Supporting Actor was a really hard decision, and I’m glad it showed in the results (even though I voted for Conleth Hill).

5. Grant Gould
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Very cool. :) This was really fun — thanks, guys! For me, the only big shocker I’d say is the Wall beating the Dragons (CGI).

6. Tar Kidho
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Winterdark,

The top-2 in both the best actor and best actress categories were taken by fan-favourite characters. In the top-30 favourite characters list on towerofthehand.com, the top 10 is: 1. Tyrion; 2. Jon Snow; 3. Arya; 4. Jaime; 5. the Hound; 6. Dany; 7. Ned; 8. Davos; 9. Bran; 10. Littlefinger. This poll was based on 4 books, and keeping that in mind the outcome of our award polls is strikingly similar… I’m not saying that the people playing those characters didn’t deserve their good placings, but it is clear that the role in part decides how well an actor or actress is recieved by popular vote.

Johan Sporre: I’m still amazed that The Wall beat The Dragons, and it wasn’t even particularly close.

Me not. For me and apparently many others as well, the first glimps of The Wall embodied the coming-to-life of the entire world of Westeros & Essos. We’ve all seen dragons hundreds of times before in all sorts of comic books, cartoons, films, tv series etc, but there is only one Wall!

7. lasirena
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

I liked these awards best of any in the awards season. And my Maisie won. That girl is amazing. And I have a bit of pride that the Espenson episode, as in many of Joss Whedon’s shows, spawned the best comedic scene!

As an aside, my company is sending out lemon cakes for the holidays! As we’re calling around to make sure people’s addresses are correct, we’ve been finding that many of our British clients here in the US do not want cakes. Silly people. Wish I could send you all lemon cakes instead!

8. Ivan Popić
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

I’ll just say that it was great to read the award ceremony last night, even though I was dead tired and it was well after midnight when the ceremony ended. I loved the Miltos’s award acceptance.

Food for thought – maybe you should have an award ceremony at Titancon next year.

9. stile
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

It’s hard not to like Tyrion, and we were all expecting great things from Peter Dinklage…but he STILL exceeded everyone’s expectations, and that’s saying quite a lot.

I hate to say anything bad about Sean Bean, but when you heard he was playing Ned…well, you could probably already see most of it in your head. It was a great casting choice, and he did a fine job, but it’s like Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. All you need to hear is “Tim Burton” and “Alice in Wonderland,” and you don’t even need to see the movie, because you already know everything about it. Tyrion, on the other hand, STILL managed to surprise us all. The only other actor who was equally surprising, I’d say, is Daenerys. She was never one of my favorite characters in the books, but she is in the show…and now I even enjoy her book chapters more.

10. Winterdark
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

I didn’t know Jaime, the Hound and Littlefinger were that popular. I guess Liam Cunningham will win something next year seeing as his character is also in the top10.

11. shadallion
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Some I didn’t personally agree with, but none of these winners are wildly off either. Fun stuff, thanks for running this!

12. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Looks like I really knew how to pick losers. I mean, c’mon; Jorah vs. Qotho comes in last? Really? I thought that fight was way more intense than Syrio’s. Syrio didn’t even know Trant, whereas there had been tension building up between Jorah and Qotho for several episodes leading up to their duel. You could (or at least, I could) really feel the tension between them, whereas Syrio and Trant almost seemed like they were playing around. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Syrio’s character, but that fight scene was all wooden swords and summersaults. Give me a break.

13. Epic the lovely
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

stile:

Clarke was a surprise. Not a good one.

Like feeling with your legs an unknown living cool and clammy thing that found its way beneath your bedsheets in the middle of the night. Has that happened to you? Of course it has.

Emphasis on clammy. When I think “Clarke” it sounds like when Jerry Seinfeld said “Newman!” on that wonderful television sitcom Seinfeld.

But in the future I am open for Clarke to surprise me again in a more positive way though I seriously doubt her future as an actor.

Can’t say anything about this contest since voting goes against my personal beliefs.

Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Epic the lovely, you’re just still bitter about Tamzin Merchant. Let it go, man, let it go. ;)

15. Brian Baldinger
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

So happy Iain won! I think his portrayal of Mormont was one of the best performances in television this year.

16. GaR
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

From now on only those who agree with me are allowed to vote.

That will prevent incorrect poll results.

17. Epic the lovely
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming, Yes. And I curse the thousand sock puppets that ripped her down off the walls even if she simply realized a role as rape-princess on GoT so soon after Tudors would destroy her career.

18. GaR
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Epic the lovely,

I can’t help but strongly disagree with what you say, but I admire the way you say it.

19. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I’m surprised Kate Dickie got so few votes for her role as Lysa Arryn. I think she did a great job at portraiting how creepy Lysa is.

20. GaR
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Ingemar Svensson,

She may have garnered more votes in the supporting actress category. That role was way too small to compete with actual lead characters.

21. stile
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I have no idea who Tamzin Merchant is, except that she was the original Daenerys. There was also another actress who originally played Catelyn, wasn’t there? I really hope the ORIGINAL pilot is included as a special feature on the DVDs, because I’d love to see what the original actors were like.

Of course, even if they are EVEN BETTER than the ones who ended up being on the show, that still won’t diminish the excellent performances that Michelle Fairley and Emilia Clarke turned in. Even if you had your heart set on…whoever else it was…you have to be open minded. I mean, I was very disappointed that Christopher Eccleston wouldn’t be Stannis, and he is STILL my mental image of the character when I read, but that doesn’t mean I’m automatically going to hate the performance in the show.

22. Winterdark
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

I do know who Tamzin Merchant is (cause I’m a guy who liked The Tudors, honest) but I think Emilia Clarke is a much much better Daenerys. Can’t even imagine Tamzin Merchant as Daenerys. I haven’t been very vocal about Emilia Clarke but that’s just because I’m not very interested in the whole Essos storyline, not in the books and not in the series but she is very good as Daenerys I think and I’d really hate to see her replaced. So here’s hoping she remains Daenerys for the duration of the series. May that be many many seasons.

23. Zack
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

The only result that I find especially baffling is the best added scene category. That winning scene was well acted but I loathe the idea that Cersei ever loved Robert. No.

The rest of the time, even when my pick didn’t win, I could nod and say, “Well deserved.”

So I guess that’s not that bad. One oddity in thirteen.

24. stile
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

She didn’t really love him, because she didn’t know him. That was part of the point.

Posted October 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Varamyr Fourskins,

Well, that one I really liked, for all the same reasons you list. We’re in agreement, sir :)

26. Epic the lovely
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

stile: Even if you had your heart set on…whoever else it was…you have to be open minded.

Actually I was a very active TM hater. In fact what I said on this and other boards using dozens of handles were so disgusting and rude that I am ashamed to repeat them. But I will if coaxed.

When HBO announced Clarke who had that same year decided to become an actress, I was astonished that:

1. They replaced TM and 2. That someone else had the stones to play as Dany.

I supported Clarke after seeing the victim girl commercial (a 30 second shot of her crying which was also at that point her showreel) probably more than anyone else.

You can probably imagine how many people called her “brunette” and “chubby”. There were two or three people that did just that. Well I was there to say her crybaby blue eyes trumped the dark hair and that she wasn’t all that fat.

So you see now that my mind was wide open to Clarke to being the best ever Dany T. However the doors slowly closed on Clarke with every episode of GoT. I will not retrace those series of disappointments.

I am still giving her a chance next year because she has never done any acting before GoT and she might be better at acting now especially with the sex scenes. But the devil says no, she is going to bomb. The devil may never be right but she is also rarely wrong.

So here’s my toast to Emily Clark: You have the worst job in the world, and you’re not that great at it. May we, the negligible amount of people that thought you bombed last year in GoT, move on about your choice on being an actor…. And be happy that at least they found a woman who looks under-aged to be naked a lot in a non-art house production.

27. Ed
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Epic the lovely: So true about Sean Bean. But I was equally blasé about Tyrion and many other known actors.

Clarke was a surprise. Not a good one.

You’re weird, dude.

28. Liesie
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Zack: The only result that I find especially baffling is the best added scene category. That winning scene was well acted but I loathe the idea that Cersei ever loved Robert. No

I felt exactly the same! That one scene just hasn’t got that ‘Cersei-feeling’ (imho), making it hard for me to find it the ‘best added scene’. It wasn’t necessary a bad scene (the acting was indeed supurb!) but it’s content didn’t feel quite right…

29. andrea
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

maybe I do share the most popular views after all… what a shock, 8 of 13 it´s not bad I guess.
    I am very grateful that the verbal sparring between Varys and Littlefinger did not win (not all bad in this world)

30. ~Purist~Tears
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Clarke was a surprise. Not a good one.

I

Epic the lovely: Actually I was a very active TM hater. In fact what I said on this and other boards using dozens of handles were so disgusting and rude that I am ashamed to repeat them.But I will if coaxed.

1. They replaced TM and 2. That someone else had the stones to play as Dany.

You need to stop. Not funny. Not clever. And just a little bit offensive.

31. John-Michael Lelievre
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Was a fun chat haha, I’m surprised how many of my comments got through what I’m sure was a big flood.

Biggest surprise for me definately was The Wall winning over the Dragons. Both were amazing but really, I think something that moves and looks convincing should have won… and it really wasn’t even a close battle!

Everything else I can pretty much agree with though they may not have been my first choice. That’s what a concensus is for I guess!

Cheers! And thanks to WiC, FaB, and HmR. Fun time was had by all I’m sure, keep it up guys :)

32. Epic the lovely
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

~Purist~Tears: You need to stop. Not funny. Not clever. And just a little bit offensive.

I agree. But this really happened. Moving on now!

I’m shocked that best actor won by such a huge margin. Other than that pretty much what I expected. Rob Loblaw’s Raw Blog.

33. andrea
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Epic the lovely: Rob Loblaw’s

no habla español

34. something witty
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Oh my god, the idiocy, oh my god…

Ep 3, the best episode – voted last
    Ep 9, one of the weakest episodes – voted first
    Kate Dickie, the very best actress in this show – voted last
    Sean Bean voted best actor…

Dear god.

I do not even wish to identify with this fanbase anymore…

35. Thiago Slash
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

I find incredible that, whenever something has too much success, the very people who started liking it in the first place are the ones who most criticize what they used to like, just because it stopped being the way THEY wanted it.
    It’s amazing.

36. SugarVampire
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Epic the lovely,

I am a TM fan. Her appearance fits more the description of the Book Dany, especially Book 1 and 2. However, the ship had already sailed, no point in elaborated that further.

I think EC has done a good job. She is not one I would choose as Dany as her heartily laugh and smiley eyes won’t be shown in GoT due to the storyline. Nonetheless, critics and audience embraced EC’s performance. For a multi-lead saga, that is good enough.

Sean Bean’s confession in Baelor was the one that surprised me. His trembling voice and tortured expression delivered all the complex and conflicted emotions of Ned Stark at that moment. It was as good as Borimir’s death scene in Lord of the Ring.

37. Assunta
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Thank you WIC for all the fun, dialogue inducing and, let’s be honest, time churning, these contests encompassed (four months gone already?!).

Now whatta we gonna do?

38. Sancho Panza
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

SugarVampire: Nonetheless, critics and audience embraced EC’s performance.

…And God Bless Everyone!

39. SHLunchB0x
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

something witty:
    Oh my god, the idiocy, oh my god…

Ep 3, the best episode – voted last
    Ep 9, one of the weakest episodes – voted first
    Kate Dickie, the very best actress in this show – voted last
    Sean Bean voted best actor…

Dear god.

I do not even wish to identify with this fanbase anymore…

Marginalized opinions lose out? Shocking, and definitely a reason to hate on everyone who watches the show.

Not to say that what you wrote isn’t valid but, please, don’t expect “Jon learns about the Night’s Watch” to win out over “The ‘protagonist’ gets killed unexpectedly”.

Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:01 am | Permalink

Really enjoyed these awards! I look forward to more polls.

But are people really surprised that the Wall beat the dragons? I can see both sides, but I’d have been surprised if the dragons won. They were there for a few glorious seconds… but the Wall was a PRESENCE during the entire season. It had to look and feel completely believable, and it did!

The Wall was really no contest… but Season 2 will be the season of dragons.

41. sjwenings
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Lex: The Wall was really no contest… but Season 2 will be the season of dragons.

And Direwolves, lest we forget. Not reaally a spoiler, but the fact that they will use a mix of cgi and dogs now that the Wolves will grow a whole lot, is a tiny spoiler, I guess. Either way, it will be very exiting to see and hopefully really good.

42. shadallion
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Unless you’re related to Tamzin Merchant, it’s impossible for me to understand how anyone can think she’d have been a better Dany than Emelia Clarke.

43. Adrian
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 2:29 am | Permalink

something witty:
    Oh my god, the idiocy, oh my god…

Ep 3, the best episode – voted last
    Ep 9, one of the weakest episodes – voted first
    Kate Dickie, the very best actress in this show – voted last
    Sean Bean voted best actor…

Dear god.

I do not even wish to identify with this fanbase anymore…

Well here we go. Definitive proof that opinions can, in fact, be objectively 100% incorrect.

And it still astonishes me that anyone on the entire planet could consider Emilia Clarke “fat.” I’ve been told my standards are ridiculously high, and I can admit it. But her, fat? She’s smoking.

44. Johan Sporre
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 2:43 am | Permalink

I can definitely see that, but for me it’s the difference between seeing an inanimate object and things that move. If it had been season/book three when we see the Wall more up-close it’d have been a harder choice for me.

45. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 2:45 am | Permalink

Wow the Emilia hatred astounds me. What happened to the friendly, objective criticism of these boards? Epic’s dislike of Clarke reminds me of posters on IMDB’s Maggie Gyllenhall message board-incredible misogyny. How can a person hate someone they don’t know like that? Boggles the mind. Epic doesn’t stoop to their level of course but even when he admits to her being a first time actress he still doesn’t cut her any slack. He literally cannot make one objective, non-condescending comment.

My take on EC? Good but definitely wanting for improvement that I believe is wholly possible. One has to grow as an actress, I guess some people are upset that an important character was wasted on an ingenue? But as an avid television and film viewer I see the potential in her and I wish her luck instead of the degrading state that others wish upon her.

My advice for her most vocal detractors is to understand that there are many people, some just as witty and cultured as you who see something in her performance beyond the base titillations delivered via a stock HBO nude scene. Deal with it. Because she’s here to stay.

46. Jackie MacPherson
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 5:51 am | Permalink

I really enjoyed the awards and the live ceremony but I’m not sure I like the full results being shown, not very polite!

I hope any of the actors that might read these boards won’t be disheartened to see themselves 6th etc. I believe that a lot of the voting including my own was influenced by the character being portrayed and also the types of scenes and dialogue the character was given. e.g. I’m sure Sophie is just as strong an actress as Maisie but Maisie had sword fighting, cheeky lines, and a likeable character to play. Sophie had sullenness, petulant and doe eyed looks to Joffrey. ;)

I’m looking forward to seeing what all these great actors and actresses, writers and CGI team bring to the show in season 2. :)

47. Mario Mjoed
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 6:38 am | Permalink

emilia clarke fat? emilia has a freaking perfect body. what drugs are you guys taking that your perception is distorted to such a degree?

48. Chai_latte
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Mario Mjoed,

Strange, right? I thought GoT fans here have better things to talk about than body snark. Emilia Clarke looks healthy and gorgeous. Besides, I (nor anyone) have never seen Tamzin Merchant as Dany, because she never played her in any episode, so nobody can really say that she’s a better Dany.

49. Epic the "Really?"
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Chai_latte: I thought GoT fans here have better things to talk about

word! Like these plain words from Salman Rushdie:

By the way, Homeland is rocking it, huh?

50. userj
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:40 am | Permalink

LOL, well like I was saying on the other board about the awards, I really am in the minority on almost every poll. I only voted for the first choice in two (best supporting actor and best episode) and I really think that’s because Iain Glen simply destroyed it with Jorah (he’s a rather unpopular book character and is actually quite popular now because of this great portrayal), and because, well, Ned getting beheaded it’s a pretty amazing moment – that no one can deny.

The rest though…? I have to say… it reads like fanboy/girlishness. Then again it’s a fan poll, not a poll of TV and film professionals. Syrio’s scenes winning two awards?? He’s such a minor, minor character and have always felt gets wayyyy too much attention (same way I feel about Bronn, Jaquen and Oberyn – those are fanboy characters). And to be honest I felt that the Syrio scenes stuck out as being rather… goofy I guess, both on TV and book. That is when you compare them to the rest of the series which is quite dramatic there’s this element of just pure fanservice of the little tomboy getting to learn swordplay. And Maisie winning best actress? Really?? Look, she’s a fine kid, but Maisie was surely not the best actress on screen – I think people were voting for “potrayed my favorite character” here rather than best actress. No way that a Daenerys or a Catelyn will win that, they are just too hated by the fans. Then again I tend to have unpopular opinions about this series (liking Daenerys and Sansa, for example, and not particularly liking Tyrion, Jon or Arya). So, I guess that extends to the TV show!

I hope what we can all agree on is that the show was aaaaaaawesome and epic, and are hungering for more. Even if the parts that we each happen to enjoy might differ wildly. And isn’t that what makes it fun?

And most of all thanks to everyone at WiCnet for running a great site!

51. Jill
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

something witty: Oh my god, the idiocy, oh my god…Ep 3, the best episode – voted lastEp 9, one of the weakest episodes – voted firstKate Dickie, the very best actress in this show – voted lastSean Bean voted best actor…Dear god.I do not even wish to identify with this fanbase anymore…

I do beleive this is something witty being witty. :^)

52. Jill
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Epic the “Really?”: word! Like these plain words from Salman Rushdie:“There was a series called Game of Thrones which was very popular here in the United States, a post-Tolkien kind of thing. It was garbage, yet very addictive garbage — because there’s lots of violence, all the women take their clothes off all the time, and it’s kind of fun. In the end, it’s well-produced trash, but there’s room for that, too.” “Everybody loves The Wire and I think it’s okay, but in the end it’s just a police series,” Rushdie says. I guess he’s been watching cable lately to prepare for a show called Next People he’s involved with on Showtime.By the way, Homeland is rocking it, huh?

This breaks my heart a little because I adore Rushdie.

53. Hilda
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:11 am | Permalink

This was alot of fun and the choices were pretty damn hard to chose from! Can’t wait for the next one!

Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:16 am | Permalink

userj,

There is a point in naming each of the categories “favourite” and not “best”, as this is really what we have been choosing and voting for. I support that change next year …

55. Winterdark
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Mario Mjoed,

I completely agree, she’s gorgeous looking and yes, she’s a brunette but nobody in her 20s has white hair like Dany so it was gonna be a wig whatever actress was gonna play her.

56. Sid
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Sorry, but anyone thinking EC is fat is just an internet hater, and probably a virgin… Anyone who has actually seen a woman naked IRL (and touched one for that matter) will disagree with you and see how gorgeous EC actually is. Too bad she is so short, but if Drogo can… ;)

57. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Jill,

He probably thought the Ros scenes were superfluous. I don’t know/we don’t know what his opinion is on A Song of Ice and Fire itself. He also said there was room for improvement in the interview.

But it was his Wire comment that threw me off completely. Of all the television shows that I assumed Rushdie would dismiss I would never in a thousand years think that he would choose The Wire, the one series that rises above the aspirations of Hollywood and offers vivid, concise social commentary on America itself. Just a cop show….absolutely ridiculous. Especially compared to DEXTER which he favours alot, a mediocre show written around a singular awesome character.

58. Mark Wilson
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

something witty:
    I do not even wish to identify with this fanbase anymore…

Any more??

As for the posts by Epic, they were entertaining. In a voyeuristic kind of way. A bit like the forum equivalent of watching someone who has Tourettes.

And before anyone gets too upset about the comments by Rushdie, just because you like someone’s art doesn’t mean your taste in art has to be the same. Leave him off.

Finally, thanks for organising these polls, WiC. Not many of my first-choices came top, but that’s fine. Margaret John’s spine-tingler lost out to Jason Momoa’s monologue-cum-haka by less than one percent, which I’m pleased about. And the results (plus many of the attendant comments) should provide those responsible for creating future installments of this series with a rich vein of opinion that will hopefully prove useful to them.

59. Ser 4Serious
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor: the Ros scenes

In my humble opinion, I’m quite certain we could never get a better compliment than Salman Rushdie saying Game of Thrones is “addictive garbage” from the cultural elite. So what? Why does it have to have more meaning than fun trash?

60. stile
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

It doesn’t have to. But it does.

At first glance, it’s got a lot of swords and bare breasts in it, but then again at first glance The Godfather is just a long string of gangster murders. Rushdie should know better than to judge a book by its cover.

61. Clob
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

This whole awards thing was great, although I missed the live ‘ceremony’ as I was visiting relatives. Thanks for doing it!

My votes were one or two on many, but did miss a few by a lot. Of course each category had to be limited in selections and some didn’t have choices that I thought were best or better. For example, I love Jerome’s Bronn, but his one-liners that were 1 & 2 probably wouldn’t have made my list of choices. But whatever, it doesn’t matter – it was fun to participate and I look forward to next season’s awards polls to fill time.

62. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Ser 4Serious,

Because I believe it is much more than that. Sorry, I don’t watch or read “well produced addictive trash.”

I don’t knock Rushdie for his words against GoT though. I know what I like. But I really think he dropped the credibility ball with his remarks on The Wire. The Wire is the greatest piece of televised fiction that America has ever produced. It is compelling in character and narrative, without peer in its technical craftsmanship and most importantly it is relevant.

63. andrea
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Jill,
    you know Joshua… Jorge Luis Borges often said many odd and ridiculous things about pop culture (although he loved the “Tango” and its characters: “malevos”)… I think he said those things for fun or maybe not, we don´t have to think that talented writers must be right all the time… they can also talk nonsense like us, they have the right to dislike what we like and above all have their own opinions (although I think that Borges would have liked some things about The Wire and probably also the dragons if they were mixed with some other strange animal… and The others, of course, he would have loved them).

64. Clob
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Huh. Interesting.
    While Tamzin isn’t necessarily hard to look at, Emilia to me is more attractive. And, after what I believe was a wonderful job as Daenerys (and improving all the time), I just can’t picture Tamzin as better in that role.

65. stile
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Well produced trash is awesome! I watch it all the time. But that’s not what GoT is…

And I may be destroying my own credibility here, but I watched most of the first season of The Wire and I still can’t get into it. There’s nothing I can point to that it does wrong, it just hasn’t grabbed me…I’m two episodes away from the end of the season, and that’s where I’ve been for the last month because I just don’t care enough to go finish it.

66. Langkard
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

It is best simply to skip some people’s comments. I wish we had an ignore option. Then people like Eric would simply be engaging in mental masturbation and the rest of us can go on with things. As for Salman Rushdie, anyone who has ever met him in person knows that he is extremely arrogant. He doesn’t just think he’s better than you, he knows it with absolutely certainty. He’s a good writer; but that doesn’t make him a nice person or make his opinions anything more than opinions (even though he is certain his opinions matter more than yours).

67. Jen@houseStark
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Brian Baldinger,

Hear, hear! Love his portrayal of Mormont.

68. Epic the "Really?"
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

“Always forgive your trolls; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Epic the Christ

69. Epic the "Really?"
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

andrea: Jorge Luis Borges often said many odd

Remember that Borges wrote a little story about the little fat chilean man who wrote a great big book called Song of Soap and how that book launched a cable show which economically prompted the writer of Satanic Nurses to write his own show on Skinemax which prompted a nuclear holocaust?

At the end of the story the chilean man is the last one standing on a field of fallout and devastation and asks the narrator “why?”

Well anyway, I rewrote that story using a more modern context and guess what? we’re living it! But I might have to change the ending so that we don’t all die.

70. andrea
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Epic the “Really?”,

jijiji sounds like Borges… all your comment is very nice written! made me smile … has some of that wonderful cyclic cadence/cadenza/rhythm (?) of Borges. Don´t remember that little story though.
    What about your story? We all die? oh well, the end is just the beginning Borges would say to that.

71. Epic the "Really?"
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

andrea,

Yes my story, I wrote it. And I would love to talk to you about it and about me, both of which are fascinating. Well the story is word for word Borges but with a fresh modern context. I changed some names and locations to protect the innocent. We all die from the bomb, except for a peeved GRRM who stands naked on a desert plain in New Mexico. If you can imagine GRRM angry (I can’t, or naked, thanks). And he says “why” more like a statement than a question but gets no answer (from the narrator kind of me but with a zorro mask). Then GRRM builds a new world in only 7 days while sustained from the juice of psychedelic cactus plants by writing into the dry clay with his life’s blood, and in this new world I am born a god naked and beautiful (you may begin to start to notice many nudities; a theme). I am changing that sad ending to: despite a number of overwhelming positive reviews by Ginia Bellafante there was simply not enough violence and nudity to keep viewers interested in Rushdie Cinemax show The Next Persons, and the show was cancelled after 1 season, and the bomb was not dropped on the planet, which kept going for another 10 years before it fell into the sun for completely unrelated reasons. PS I am not ashamed… about any of this.

72. andrea
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Epic the “Really?”: If you can imagine GRRM angry

Yes, I can.

Epic the “Really?”: while sustained from the juice of psychedelic cactus plants

that too I can imagine.

Epic the “Really?”: before it fell into the sun

Well, you would kill us all anyway… but slowly!!! What planet needs a exploded sun? Sure some of us will remain (or something of us)… perhaps a naked and toasted Rushdie? (ew :P)

73. Ser 4Serious
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

stile: And I may be destroying my own credibility here, but I watched most of the first season of The Wire and I still can’t get into it.

Do no fret young Ser. You are not alone! I support your brave decision to honor your own opinion.

74. Epic "The Martyr"?
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I’m not really. But neither is he, so I guess that’s OK.

Thinking about recent comments made by Salman Rushdie and others, I concluded that some people say stuff that sounds like (or write stuff that looks like) it is rooted in the dark and pungent humus of strongly held opinion, but is actually nourished principly by the quicklime light of the attention it strives towards. In Rushdie’s case, I’d have thought the man had stirred up enough controversy to last a merer mortal for all of a lifetime and some. But no. Maybe the attention focussed on him 20 years ago was so intense that its waning feels less like a return to normality than it does like being plunged into the deep shadow of obscurity? A slightly less charitable interpretation of his criticisms of shows like GoT and The Wire is that he’s preparing the ground for The Next People. If he makes it clear that TV viewers have a deplorable taste in shows, he can attribute a poor performance by his own show to the audience. In that case, he’s also made sure his bases are covered in the event that his show is well-received, as he’s singled out a few successful shows (Deadwood, Sopranos, Dexter) for careful praise. So the potential fans of his show can’t all be devoid of critical faculties and good taste. At least not all of the time. Or maybe he just has an aversion to keeping his thoughts to himself.

Wouldn’t that be terrible?

75. EdibleBrain
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

A few surprises in there, but nothing undeserved. I’m especially glad to see the community recognise Jason Momoa’s thrilling monologue. It’s also nice to see recognition for the less headline- grabbing elements of VFX (The Wall) which play such important role in crafting a believable world.

76. andrea
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Epic “The Martyr”?: If he makes it clear that TV viewers have a deplorable taste in shows, he can attribute a poor performance by his own show to the audience

Epic “The Martyr”?: Wouldn’t that be terrible?

I don´t know if terrible but…kind of sad maybe

77. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

stile,

Think of The Wire as A Song of Ice and Fire set in Baltimore. Like Westeros the Baltimore of the Wire is filled with dozen nay nearly a hundred characters spread out over five seasons. It is a very Dickensian story what with the abundance of characters and how they are interconnected whether they are cops, pushers, politicians, kingpins, teachers or journalists and both ASOIAF and the Wire deal with a world of realpolitik. There is no good or evil. There are cops who are morally corrupt, gangstas and hoppas who are incredibly noble. Instead of a war for the Iron Throne the Wire is about Baltimore from the cops and the drug pushers (season 1) to the dockworkers and how organized crime and the politicos run the waterfront (season 2). Season 3 takes us to City Hall and the upper echelons of the police brass as each captain from each district tries to deal with ongoing drug problem while through all the misery ambitious creatures on both sides of the law make their grab for power. The fourth season, my favourite season, deals with the school system and how its mismanagement (ie: corruption ) fails inner city youth who are destined for the corners. The final season portrays all of these institutions at once, but viewed through the compromised lens of the media. It is a gritty, realistic but altogether human tapestry that weaves together like a spider web where one up on high pulls a string and everyone feels the vibration.
    I urge you to finish the 1St season at least. The final two episodes are at once emotionally devastating and incredibly honest. Personally I can’t imagine anyone bailing on the show after Greggs is shot and the aftermath that follows.
    If you choose not to I won’t hold it against you or anyone, but I promise you that if you continue with the series you will not regret it. I have never been so moved or affected emotionally and intellectually by a television show as I have been with The Wire. It’s the closet thing television has come to aspiring to real literature.

78. BieberFeiver
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

I think epic is funny. He reminds me of that girl who used to come on and write nonsensical and insulting things … But I don’t remember her name. Back on topic I am glad Maisie won but Sophie was better and Michelle was the best of all. I also was all LOL when Roz didn’t lose.

79. ~Purist~Tears
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:
    Ser 4Serious,

I don’t knock Rushdie for his words against GoT though. I know what I like. But I really think he dropped the credibility ball with his remarks on The Wire. The Wire is the greatest piece of televised fiction that America has ever produced. It is compelling in character and narrative, without peer in its technical craftsmanshipand most importantly it is relevant.

Agreed. Rushdie’s arrogance really reared its ugly head here. I think his comments on the Wire are way way off base. I don’t think he understood the show and for that reason, just wrote it off as “a cop show.”

The Wire is still largely criminally underrated (for reasons I won’t get into), which is disappointing.

As for well-produced trash, I think True Blood fits that label much more than Game of Thrones, but to each his own.

80. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 6:01 am | Permalink

Thanks, Miltos! Hope to see you again someday!

Unfortunately I missed the awards ceremony, but thanks WiC for posting all the results! Glad to see a good time was had by all, can’t wait for next year!

Anyone who thinks Emilia isn’t hotter than Georgia asphalt is in need of a short walk out the Moon Door:

Salmon Rushdie molests collies.

81. Epic knows nothing
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

If Rushdie watched every episode of every season on The Wire and said it’s just a cop show, I’d be fine with it since I didn’t get into it. But I doubt he got through much of it either especially if he was doing it for work. And he didn’t say it was bad.

As for Well Produced Garbage, I think that he took True Blood (vampire porn trash) and Game of Thrones (well produced soap opera) and put them together as one show because they’re so far into genre. They’re also both full of violence and nudity to keep the viewer interested, a sad consolation prize for the lack of tension.

I don’t see his comments as something meant to insult. It isn’t as if he went on the internet pedestal and wrote “I’m Salman Rushdie and I here claim The Wire is just a cop show”. He said it during some sort of interview, he probably doesn’t even remember he said it or considered it might offend some people. And if in retrospect he considered saying a show is trash might offend people, I hope he would laugh since there are much worse things in this world.

You can’t say anything without offending someone these days. Anyway, I just take those Rushdie quotes as intelligent and sober. Even with the best shows, you sort of have to stand further back and blur your vision to get the best viewing of it; looking too closely will show the ugly details. Then you have to do that until you start liking the characters. There is some degree of self conditioning and acceptance before the show really kicks in gear.

82. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Epic knows nothing,

And with this comment I hereby end my plugging for The Wire:

Dude. You. Missed. Out.

To quote Stan Lee: “Nuff said.”

83. Epic knows nothing
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor: And with this comment I hereby end my plugging for The Wire

I’ll believe it when I don’t see it.

84. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Back to the topic. Charles Dance’s Tywin gets overlooked by many people I think.

That was an effortless performance. Can’t wait to see more of Dance next season.

85. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Upon further reflection, the best line was:

“Is this meant to be your shield, Lord Stark? A piece of paper?”

Alright, technically that was two lines, but guess what?

Fuck you.

Fuck Rushdie, too. Take your puppetass someplace else.

86. Epic knows nothing
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

the goat: guess what?

Fuck you.

Fuck

a bit early for cocktails isn’t it ;) good line though.

Joshua Taylor: That was an effortless performance.

good point… no effort needed.

87. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Agreed. That scene is amazing. Lena WAS Cersei in that moment. I am looking forward to her crazier Cersei next season.

88. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Epic knows nothing: a bit early for cocktails isn’t it ;) good line though.

For you, my dear.

and Rushdie, honestly?

Regardless, you can’t find a better line, can you?

89. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:
    the goat,

Much obliged. Was always partial to,
    “Do you still believe good soldiers make good kings?”
    as well.

Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Epic knows nothing:

One of his tweets said something like “Okay, I’ll watch another series (season) of the Wire” so obviously he hasn’t watched the whole thing. I don’t think he show’s true greatness comes through until Season 3 and beyond, to be honest.

Clearly, Rushdie didn’t really know what he was talking about, or what he was getting himself into. I think his comments have been blown out of proportion.

91. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

“I am Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyria! I am the Dragon’s daugther! And I swear to you, that those who would harm you, will die screaming.”

That was also pretty cool.

92. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Lex,

Lex: I don’t think he show’s true greatness comes through until Season 3 and beyond, to be honest.

Really???

Fuck you too, then. We find Wallace our damn selves.

93. Abyss
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

the goat,

I agree, that line was epic. But I wonder why it was spoken in Common Tongue and not in Dothraki… Maybe because it was more for herself (self-motivation) than for the khalasar? – Or it could be just a logical mistake by D&D…^^
    Thoughts?

94. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

Um . . . for the English speaking audience, perhaps? Those millions of people that were necessary to become fans of the show (I’m not discounting the massive foreign language sales), for it to remain profitable?

Also, GoT wouldn’t be the first movie/TV show to have characters speak some of their lines in another language, simply to establish setting, and then switch back to English for audience sake.

You gotta chalk it up to suspension of disbelief. D&D created an entire fucking language for this show. Its not like they just forgot about it. Sorry if I’m being a dick, but we’ve been over this before.

95. Abyss
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

the goat,

My question wasn’t a nit-pick. I am fine with her speech the way it is. As I said, I was just curious why they did it in Common Tongue. If it was done for the English speaking audience, captions would have worked just fine, as they did before. Thats why I ask and not to nit-pick. We must discuss something until season 2 starts, am I right? ;-)

96. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Lex,

I agree friend. While I love the entirety of that particular show, I believe that seasons 3 and onward of that particular show usher it into the realm of television art. If Rushdie has only seen season 1 of that particular show then I can somewhat see where he is coming from. That particular show demands the audiences’ undivided attention, you have to make an effort to watch that particular show in my honest opinion.

97. the goat
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

What part of what I already said is unclear?

D&D made a CREATIVE DECISION to have Dany speak English in that scene, as opposed to the Dothraki she had been speaking since the 2nd episode. I dunno, I didn’t write the fucking thing. Maybe she was teaching everyone the Common Tongue. Maybe its magic. Maybe they just figured no one would notice.

If it really destroys your suspension of disbelief, just pretend she’s speaking Dothraki. You still possess the ability to pretend, right?

Joshua Taylor: I believe that seasons 3 and onward of that particular show usher it into the realm of television art.

For shame! First Lex, now you.

Omar comin’ for all ya’ll.

98. Johan Sporre
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

the goat,

What’s with all the vitriol? It was just an honest question, and not the start of world war 3.

Personally I think they just wanted a more easily understandable (and therefor more powerful) dialogue for the viewers rather than the “correct” Dothraki.

99. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Well shhhheeeeeeeeeeetttttt!
    Season 1 and 2 of The Wire is the best television ever. 3 and 4 is better than that that. Sorry my hyperbole droid is not working today.

100. something witty
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

SHLunchB0x,

You’re right. I guess I was expecting a little less superficiality from people on this site, seeing that they are usually the most hardcore of fans. But, evidently, they’re not much different from the average viewer, who only cares about the shock-value of an episode.

101. Leland's Axe
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I know I’m just needlessly trolling, but Breaking Bad just moved past the Wire on the strength of its last season. Hopefully, GoT can someday enter the Great Pantheon of Cable Dramas (The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, the Sopranos).

Also, in the needless match-up of badassery I have running in my head, Gus and Mike definitely top Stringer, Omar, and Brother Muzone.

102. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Leland’s Axe,

I lurve Breaking Bad! It is an excellent television drama with fine acting and it is indeed compelling, but it is not a work of art like The Wire. The Wire is about America, about its dark side, about what needs to be done about what is not being done. It brings up issues that are at the core of America’s problems with its elected officials, with its media, with its justice system and yet it also shows like diamonds in the rough people in the worst circumstances trying to better themselves for good or for ill. Breaking Bad may touch on these themes but it will never be as important or as enduring as The Wire. Years from now The Wire will be remembered like some great Victorian novel. Breaking Bad will be remembered as a fantastic showcase for Bryan Cranston and maybe Aaron Paul.

I’m sorry I can’t agree with you.

103. Leland's Axe
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I definitely agree with what you say about the Wire’s important commentary on American society, and the great American characters who populate it. But to me, Breaking Bad speaks to broader human themes: good and evil, revenge, duty, family. And it’s all wrapped up in some of the most gorgeous cinematography, great writing, and superb acting to ever hit television.

Still, you are clearly a discerning television viewer, and have considered your position carefully. We shall agree to disagree. :)

104. Epic the "Really?"
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor: The Wire is about America, about its dark side, about what needs to be done about what is not being done.

You are starting to sound Canadian buddy. They are the top armchair authority on the United States especially in terms of fitting a complex system into neat idealistic compartments.

105. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 12:31 am | Permalink

Epic the “Really?”,

You’ve got me there! Although I prefer to be called a ‘Newfie’ as I was born in Newfoundland I currently reside in Ottawa.

Go Sens Go!

106. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Leland’s Axe,

I would argue that you will find all of that in The Wire as well. Not to mention Sopranos, Deadwood, Mad Men, Brotherhood, Rome, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad of course which for you resonates more and I can certainly see why!

Even in great non HBO fare like BSG, Fringe (an extremely underrated series IMHO)Justified, Lost, anything by Joss Whedon etc. we have proof that we have entered a second golden age of television. Thanks to the advent of marketing TV on DVD the television industry itself has taken the BBC and HBO principle, effectively crafting the television “novel”.
    Just to expand: I have never thought I would be anticipating the premiere of the new season of my favourite television series more than the release of the next big summer blockbuster be it Star Wars Episode Whatever or the next comic book adaptation. With the exception of the offal that is reality tv, drama and even comedy on premium cable and network television has never been better. So let’s celebrate that!

Posted October 21, 2011 at 1:53 am | Permalink

the goat:
    Lex,

Really???

Fuck you too, then.We find Wallace our damn selves.

Let me reiterate. I love the Wire, all 5 seasons (even the often-criticized Season 2). I just think it starts to peak in Season 3-4.

108. Epic-itty
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Leland’s Axe: Breaking Bad speaks to broader human themes

You are absolutely right, it is obvious to those who can see…. it goes without saying. “He who knows does not speak.”

Although, Homeland might touch upon the same themes…. Time will tell… So far great.

With the somewhat exception of BSG (if you can ignore the weak spots), none of those other shows mentioned have that intention.

109. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Epic-itty,

So are you saying that none of the shows I mentioned have that intention…or is just more sarcasm on your end? I really can’t tell any more.

110. loco73
    Posted October 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

A big thank you back to Miltos, and for his performance! As for the rest, just be glad that you do have the show to enjoy, because times being what they are, “Game Of Thrones” is a luxury! I for one won’t cast any negativity on the cast, crew, producers, directors, writers and the multitude of people working on the show!

They work for your pleasures, so that you may enjoy the fruits of their labour! No one says that there be no disagreements or criticism directed at the show in general, a particular person or aspect in it!

Just don’t be a douche when expressing them….

111. jc
    Posted November 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

After reading through many of the posts here, I am actually glad that I never read the books. So many of the complaints seem petty and insignificant overall. I previously loved the Tudors, and I loved this series, Game of Thrones. It has a very interesting and well developed group of characters with great performances by all the actors involved. It doesn’t matter to me who is considered “the best”, as that is very subjective; though all the best of both actors and actresses are listed above in the poll, and essentially ” in the hunt”. Great show, so well done, with great variety of characters and impressive special effects. I was also excited to see that Natalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn from the Tudors) was joining the cast next season. One of the best shows ever on cable or otherwise. Keep it up!

1. [...] character that none can doubt now that she was a great choice for the role. The fans even voted her the Best Supporting Actress of season one in our WiCnet Awards and George R. R. Martin has gone out of his way to praise her work several [...]

2. [...] that none can doubt now that she was a great choice for the role. The fans even voted her the Best Supporting Actress of season one in our WiCnet Awards and George R. R. Martin has gone out of his way to praise her work several [...]