Interviews with Lena and Sean at Scream Awards
By Hear Me Roar on in Awards, Press.

Access Hollywood nabbed two interviews on the occasion of the Scream Awards ceremony last Saturday (airing tonight at 9PM EST on SPIKE TV). It’s great that both Lena Headey and Sean Bean were able to attend. First off, a video interview with both of them, after the win, sharing their impressions as well as thoughts on Lena’s good friend Peter Dinklage.

Even more interesting bits appear in this interview with Lena, where she discusses Cersei in season two and her character’s relationships towards others, most notably Tyrion and Joffrey. Here are some snippets that I liked most:

“I think she can’t admit it to anybody,” the actress continued, referring to Cersei’s upcoming Season 2 predicament. “She’s dying to ask for help, and she never will.” / We’re on our last few episodes,” she said of progress on Season 2. “Joffrey is becoming more trouble.” / “Jack Gleason is adorable, and just so good at being a little sh**,” she laughed, complimenting her co-star. “He’s so good at being terrible.” / “This season there’s a big arc with Cersei and Tyrion’s relationship, which is really interesting, because it’s love-hate there, totally,” she told Access. “It’s been really fun filming all those scenes, and there’s just a lot more drama this year.”

Two more videos after the break, including one where Sean Bean speculates on possibly returning for more filming…

MTV also recorded a short video interview with Sean Bean at Scream Awards, in which he teases the possibility of reprising the role of Ned in potential flashbacks. You can read the summarizing article or watch the video below. (Video appears to be region blocked though, unfortunately.)

Get More: Music News

Also at the Scream Awards, there presenting the award that would eventually go to Game of Thrones coincidentally, was an old friend of George R. R. Martin’s, actor Ron Perlman. Access Hollywood caught up with him on the red carpet and got his thoughts on Martin and new Thrones cast member Roy Dotrice.

Winter Is Coming: Perlman would make a pretty great Tormund Giantsbane, wouldn’t you say? Don’t forget to tune in to the Scream Awards tonight!

1. spacechampion
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Sean is kind of funny in the top video. “Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

2. NewJeffCT
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

well, there are some flashback/dream sequences with Ned in the books, but would they bring Bean back to do them, or would they get some extra with similar hair and shoot Ned from behind?

Would love if HBO could afford to do that, though.

And, Pearlman would be a great choice for Tormund Giantsbane, but is his member as long as his arm? Plus, isn’t he on Sons of Anarchy in the US?

3. Hodor
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Ned shouldn’t come back, he should move on to
    FUTURAMA! as something in a jar.

4. Winterdark
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT,

Tormund Giantsbane is a reletively small role so he can proably do that next to Sons of Anarchy. I mean he did Season of the Which and Conan next to it and had pretty big roles in both so I think he’d easilly be able to do Tormund. But first and foremost Nathan Fillion as Mance Rayder for I cannot imagine anyone better suited.

5. NewJeffCT
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Winterdark:
    NewJeffCT,

Awesome choice for Mance! We should start the campaign now.

And, good point on Pearlman – Tormund doesn’t have much of a role till Dance, though he does have a few memorable scenes in Storm.

6. Winterdark
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT,

Glad you agree, just a question er…how do you start campaigning? I’ve never campaigned for anything (well except one very embarrasing effort) so I don’t know how. Do you just repeat it as many times as possible at as many places as possible or do you actually have to do more than that?

As for Giantsbane as far as I recall he had like 5 scenes in Storm which since they’ll spread it out over 2 seasons might not even be all in the same season so I doubt there’ll be a scheduling conflict and when, or should I say if they get to Dance I think Sons of Anarchy has ended by then or more likely his character has been written out.

7. Zack
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

I would love Perlman in the show! Tormund is as good a role as any, too. He could have a lot of fun with it

8. dizzy_34
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

I like Perlman a lot but would still prefer Clancy Brown for Tormund.

9. natty
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Dinklage’s Giant Head just came up through a pool of water at the Scream Awards.

Have they already shown Emilia Clarke?

10. Jillian
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT,
    But but but… I want james frain for nance : )

11. Jillian
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

I would love perelman as giantsbabe

12. the goat
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Hodor,

That would be brilliant!

As far as flashbacks, aside from ToJ (which would be pretty difficult to do at this point), I don’t remember anything specific. However, I think Cat or the kids mention dreaming about Ned, so a quick cameo would be plausible.

13. andrea
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

yes!! I would love to see a much much more crazy Cersei in season 2.
    Spike tv? what´s that? so many channels on TV and most of them useless.

Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

OT, just watched last night’s Colbert Report and was surprised to hear a Game of Thrones reference (about Peter Dinklage and dwarf-tossing, renaming it Game of Thrown).

Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Oh, and more Sean Bean? Yes please!

16. Dennai
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

the goat,

No problem, Petyr “I-know-everything” Baelish can tell the TOJ story same way he told about Sandor’s scarring.

And Ros can be bouncing naked in the background all the while.

17. Jillian
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Lex:

Also, game of thrones was an answer on jeopardy tonight. I kinda squeeled.

18. the goat
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Dennai:
    the goat,

And Ros can be bouncing naked in the background all the while.

Good point. I’d actually be a little surprised if Petyr doesn’t at least suspect R+L=J.

19. the goat
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

Jillian: Also, game of thrones was an answer on jeopardy tonight. I kinda squeeled.

The answer is “The greatest show ever.”

What is “Game of Thrones,” Alex.

Correct for $500.

20. Jordan Healey
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

VPN fixes all region locks ;) hehe

21. Isenriver
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:19 am | Permalink

It’s the young actor Jack Gleason who plays King Joffrey, a character, who like his mother – Cersei – is polarizing

I never knew Joffrey was a polarizing character. Always thought everyone was in agreement on how they felt about him :)

22. Alex
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:36 am | Permalink

NewJeffCT, NO!!! Tormund is Brian Blessed. I’m not sure if he’s done it with a bear, but I believe he’s unnecessarily friendly with yetis.

23. FacelessMan
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Sean was so amazing in the first season that it is going to be a bit weird without him. Though, of course, the second season picks up the pace so much that it makes up for it. I’m all for more flashback scenes though!

Oh and Perlman as Tormund? Har! Yes please!

24. goober
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:24 am | Permalink

Ron Pearlman as Giantsbane? Har!

25. Ian
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:21 am | Permalink

Winterdark:
    NewJeffCT,

26. Sean Fan
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:22 am | Permalink

Just watched the feed of the awards show tonight over on the Spike website. It ran concurrent with the tv broadcast of the show. WOW!!! Talk about a wild and crazy show! It was like Cirque de Soleil meets The Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! The set was spectacular and most of the audience was in costume. Sean and Lena appeared on stage sitting on the throne (she was sitting on his lap) as it turned around on a revolving pedestal. I think Lena was trying to immitate Madonna and her cone bra! LOL! There’s a teaser preview clip of it here but it’s not the whole thing. Sean does speak! (only viewable in the U.S.)…….

27. Ian
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Alex,

haha brian blessed would be perfect

28. NewJeffCT
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Ian: That guy is a pretty good Mance, although I think Robert Carlisle would be great as well. I picture Mance as kind of smal and scrappy yet also ladiesmanish- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001015/

I don’t think Mance was all that small, just small compared to Tormund. Remember, when he was glamored up by Melisandre to look like Rattleshirt, Jon was surprised at how big he was in the armor.

29. nitpicker
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 5:28 am | Permalink

Lex:

30. useless.
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 7:07 am | Permalink

andrea:
    yes!! I would love to see a much much more crazy Cersei in season 2.
    Spike tv? what´s that? so many channels on TV and most of them useless.

Yeahhh. I agree. i hope to see Lena naked and in a pretty hot sex scene. The downside is that in “Clash of Kings” Cersei, barely hot moments.

31. ishmael
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 8:40 am | Permalink

longtime lurker here,
    but i just watched this video on college humour, I thought i’d share

“words from the Creator himself” =]

BTW has the reference of Thrones on Parks&Recs been already mentioned?

32. sarah
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 9:40 am | Permalink

I like the part in that access hollywood interview where Lena says there’s a “slightly” incestuous relationship going on there… SLIGHTLY!

33. sarah
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Oh and I’m absolutely in love with the idea of Nathan Fillion as Mance. But isn’t he busy filming Castle?

34. Dreamlife
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Off topic, but last night’s Jeopardy had Game of Thrones as a question. The question was something like “this was the first book in GRRM’s ASOIAF series that also was turned into a 2011 HBO TV series.” :)

35. Winterdark
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Jillian,

James Frain I think will be a good Mance Rayder and I won’t protest if he gets cast in the role but Nathan Fillion allthough he rarely gets the chance to show it is alo really good in the darker stuff. Just watch the Firefly pilot and you know what I’m talking about so I’d love to see him do something darker and he really is good at playing the strong leader which I don’t see in James Frain. If there’d be anyone I could see leading an army against the wall it’d be Nathan Fillion. plus he looks exactly like I imagined Mance Rayder to look like.

Ian,

I kinda have trouble seeing Carlisle as Mance but then again I still have trouble seeing Dillane as Stannis so it might be me.

sarah,

Yes but Castle airs during fall so therefore shoots mdseason whereas GoT airs midseason and shoots during fall so there shouldn’t be any scheduling conflict. I mean it won’t be easy but he really wants to be in GoT so I’m assuming he’ll try to make it work. Plus Mance doesn’t have that many scenes till Dance and then I think there might not be any Castle anymore. (remember we’re talking 2015 at the earliest here)

36. Mark Wilson
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 11:01 am | Permalink

ishmael
    I thought i’d share

Very droll. And we can be proud that, of the wide range of nerds depicted in that short clip, and despite the narrator’s repeated insistence that the nerdiest nerds were religious people, the highest callibre of nerd was without a doubt the GoT fan.

37. Crotalidian (Paul)
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 11:18 am | Permalink

For a lack of anywhere else to put this/ask the question. Anyone plannin on any Game of Thrones costumes for Halloween. I really think HBO have missed an opportunity to liscence out some of their designs to costume manufacturers

I would pay up to $500 for a full Hound outfit, wig, burn mask, helmet and realistic armour

Having said that I am currently putting together a Jon Snow outfit. I have a hooded black cape and some faux fur for a collar. black shoes, gloves a longsword (am still trying to find a way to get a wolfs head on the pommel)

I am still trying to work out the boots and a top that looks convincing so suggestions are welcome.

Fab/WiC maybe a full post on a quieter day soon to discuss ideas?

38. Pau Soriano
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Nathan Fillion is canadian guys…he can’t work on Thrones

39. Ali
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

You could easily have Sean return for flashbacks, bring forward Jamie remembering the day he slew Aery’s while he sits in chains.

40. KG
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

I think if they’re going to actually use a flashback, it would be one with Ned. And if they were going to do that, they’d grab Sean Bean instead of dressing up a janitor or whatever.

As Larry Williams infamously stated, he WAS on all the posters, after all.

41. Ali
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

That’s what I am saying, extend the scene where Ned talks Jamie off the Iron Throne.

42. Josh Parker
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

No, no, no!

I really don’t understand the Perlman-as-Tormund love. It’s become almost a meme. But it’s just so totally wrong.

First of all, Perlman is big in an “I work out” sort of way. Tormund is supposed to be big in an “I was carved from a mountain” sort of way. Second, Tormund isn’t grouchy, he’s jolly. Third, he doesn’t have a raspy voice, he has a booming voice.

Brian Blessed is Tormund. Always has been.

Also, Julian Rhind-Tutt is my pick for Mance.

I really don’t understand why people keep suggesting Americans for these roles. Only two Americans were cast; one of them because there likely wasn’t a British dwarf with the talent and age-appropriateness available, and the second because he looked just like the character and had few lines in English.

43. Winterdark
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Pau Soriano,

Josh Parker,

First: Nathan Fillion really wants to be on GoT Second: If you look at the sheer number of British actors playing Americans it’s not so hard to imagine a Candian actor faking a British accent. Third: Mance Rayder is a wildling so he doesn’t neccesarily have to speak with a perfect English accent they can mix the English accent with a bit of Wildling accent. Fourth: to have Nathan Fillion on the cast might attract a bigger audience and it looks good on adds. So this is not just us fanatasising, this might be an actuall possibility.

As for Ron Perlman, I never said he would be the perfect Giantsbane allthough I do think it could work. I just said ít be possible practically speaking. Brian Blessed might be just as good a Giantsbane if not better but I’m just keeping all options open.

44. andrea
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

useless.,

I just want to see her more crazy, although if she gets some Jaime love I wouldn´t mind.

45. Undead
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

I always pictured Lem as Ron Perlman. I think that would be a much better role for him.

Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Josh Parker:
    No, no, no!

Posted October 19, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Wow, just saw some clips from the Awards show, it looked sooo epic!

48. Pau Soriano
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Winterdark, is not that they cannot do the accent, the problem is they have an agreement with the british guild of actors (or something like that), so they can’t hire americans even if they wanted to (exceptions aside, like Dinklage or Momoa, for obvious reasons)

49. The Instrumentalist
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

ishmael,

Yep, it think it has. It’s a funny one, I had to watch it a couple times. That was a good clip, I love College Humour. :) They like doing GOT stuff.

50. Chai_latte
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Crotalidian (Paul),

That sounds like an awesome costume! I’ve always wanted to try a super blond wig (I have dark hair, dark eyes). Going as Khaleesi might be the perfect excuse…

51. Dreamlife
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Lex: I’m not sold on it, either. Mostly because I’m skeptical whether Perlman can do an accent… and also, as much as I love Hellboy, I’m not sure Perlman is really a great actor.

I’ve got to agree with you there, from what I’ve seen of his work in Sons of Anarchy I’m not impressed with his acting. Then again I don’t think most of the actors on that show are particularly good, with the exception of Charlie Hunnam. However, physically he has a very unique look such that I can easily picture him a wildling.

52. Winterdark
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Pau Soriano,

I see. I didn’t know that. Here’s hoping they can make an exception for Nathan Fillion.

53. k
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Regarding costumes for Halloween – my family and I attended Comicon in New York City this past weekend and we saw a couple who were dressed as the Khal and Khaleesi and they looked AMAZING!! Sorry I have no picture to post but I saw them posing for tons of people so they will eventually show up somewhere on the internet. Other than that I was disappointed by the lack of GoT merchandise and costumes – we will have to represent next year!

54. raegenhere
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

even if it would work for me (it doesn’t), that “access hollywood” flash player is horrible, in every aspect.

55. Alex
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Winterdark,

I can see why you’d want Pearlman in Game of Thrones, he has a very medieval face. He would have made a fabulous Hound (although the actor in that role is fine) but he would be crap as Brian Blessed and why would you cast someone else as Brian Blessed when you could just cast the real thing?

56. Peltast
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Is it just me or were Sean and Lena kinda joined at the shoulder there?

57. Hirondelle
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 3:46 am | Permalink

ishmael: I thought i’d share

I actually like my friends kinda nerdy. I prefer people who are knowledgable and passionate about one thing to people who are superficial and meh about everything. But now I know why I stay away from Westeros.org! Hardcore I-am-a-better-reader-and-more-devout-fan-than-you Nerds of Prey!

58. Hirondelle
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink

nitpicker: There was also a reference in last week’s Big Bang Theory… Leonard and Sheldon bought a replica of Longclaw :)

And I thought I was the only one here who watches Big Bang! I commented on the Longclaw scene on the Simon Armstrong as Halfhand thread:

“I probably missed it in another thread, but did any of you catch last night’s episode of the Big Bang Theory? As promised, Valyrian Steel’s Longclaw made an extensive appearance in the very first scene and Game of Thrones is mentioned straight away. You even get a shot of a certificate (I don’t know if it’s authentic) with the sword’s name clearly legible. Pretty neat. What made me scoff n’ snigger were the punchlines built arround how it’s mass produced merchandise. Hardly.”

I also liked the way the replica sat in pride of place amongst classic figurines such as Jabba the Hutt being strangled by Princess Leia and Gandalf telling the Balrog that he shall not pass.

59. Pau Soriano
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 4:44 am | Permalink

Perlman is american so I don’t think he’ll be on the show either, but wereas in the case of Fillion there’s 0% chance, in this case there might be a (small) posibility, imo

60. Crotalidian (Paul)
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Chai_latte,

I was there too and REALLY disappointed at the lack of Thrones. Saw 2 T-shirts at an unlicensed vendor and that was it. didnt see any good cosplays but found this from Friday on ology

Drogo, Dany and Mel?

Horse Heart Dany

love the detail on that second one

61. Cheri
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Is it just me or are most of the people doing the interviewing stupid? It seems they have no idea what they are talking about and that, in turn, is not making the best situation for the actors.

Just my opinion :)

62. Chai_latte
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Crotalidian (Paul),

Horse heart! Brilliant!

63. Claudia
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT,

è

You just threw me off my chair on that one. Please don’t do that anymoar. I’m too young to share heart faillures from laugh with my mom and grandaddy !

64. Hodor
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 12:58 am | Permalink

Peltast: Is it just me or were Sean and Lena kinda joined at the shoulder there?

I like to be joined to Lena Headey but not with my shoulder. I mean… Hodor!

Is there interviews of Jack Gleason? He played Joffery very well, just thought people would like to hear his thoughts on the series and his character.