Quick Hits: Lists and interviews and “HBO will never cancel a show”
- Game of Thrones producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss make it onto The Hollywood Reporter’s Top 50 Power Showrunners 2011 list. While Peter Dinklage makes it onto AskMen.com’s Top 49 Men 2011 list.
- The AV Club writes that it seems HBO’s new policy is to never cancel a show. Guess that bodes well for us getting a full run!
- Winter participated in a roundtable discussion about the season two recasting over at Tower of the Hand.
- To all you Belfast-area Thrones fans, Northern Ireland Screen will screen the entire series over two nights this week. They plan to give away prizes and tease possible cast member appearances. Sounds like fun, for those lucky few who get a chance to go.
- Lena Headey talks with MTV News about season two at the red carpet of the Scream Awards, teasing her character’s story arc for season two. Access Hollywood caught up with Sean Bean where he again talked about a possible return to the show.
- George R. R. Martin was interviewed by Vulture recently. Some interesting answers in there, although more for book fans than for TV fans (i.e. beware of spoilers).
- TV.com has TV villain pumpkin stencils for download and they’ve included everyone’s favorite evil prince turned king, Joffrey Baratheon.
- Last but no least, did you catch the Thrones reference in last week’s Parks and Recreation episode? If not, here it is!