TITANCON: Evening shindig
- If you had been there, you would now have tons of memories. Some of you were, and do. The rest are limited to a few snippets in this post that do not do the Saturday evening goings-on justice.
- At the end of the long day (see our entire TitanCon coverage here), some people gathered to watch an episode of Doctor Who, others started preparing for the masquerade, while others still (including me) really needed to have some dinner.
- The masquerade, MC’ed by Peadar Ó Guilín and presided by Sophie and Maisie, was jolly good fun. See my little gallery of contestants for proof. The big winner was Jackie, ey-kay-ey JacMac30, with her original Bran&Hodor costume idea. Another favourite of mine was Sam’s heart tree costume.
- The evening continued with a double feature preformance by the amazing Wireless Mystery Theatre, treating us to two pieces by H.P. Lovecraft. The chills easily rivaled those from the ASoIaF prologue.
- The raffle was a success, though many winners were not present to collect the prizes straightaway (much to Maisie’s frustration, she really didn’t have any luck with the draw that night). Jackie won a copy of Benioff’s City of Thieves. Shucks, I really wanted that one!
- Good time was had by everyone present, as we enjoyed the company of each other, the guests, WiC.net commenters, Jackie, Sam, The Rabbit, Johan, Qthulhu, Joe, and many others, dancing away (Maisie and Sophie were cutting the rug full-on), and drinking mead Saxon-style. Join us next year for more!
Joe's infamous Horn of Winter (Photo by Joe himself)