MGoT: New quotes from set
By Hear Me Roar on in Filming.

With a new post every three or four days, the Making Game of Thrones blog is on a roll now that Cat Taylor is in the saddle. Today, she brings us another photo and some choice quotes from the Robb’s camp shoot:

• Can I have a dead Lannister over here?
  • Oh F**k, this is the bad blood! Where’s the good stuff? The ooze?
  • Errmm, I think I’ve lost the director.
  • I can’t decide who’s cuter – the dead guy with the arrows in his chest, or the guy in the ditch with the seeping wound.

Hear Me Roar: As Winter pointed out to me, this update comes just over a year after the last overheard-on-set one. Here’s to many more, and some promo images soon as well!

1. Virtus
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Battle of Oxcross?

Posted October 27, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Most certainly.

Posted October 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Virtus, yup, and it looks like that other dead Lannister picture was taken from the same set as well.

4. The Rabbit
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Checked some days ago: EW posted those cool pics on 15th november last year.

Hoping for new ones soon :)

5. NewJeffCT
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Oxcross, or outside the town/keep where Yoren gets killed?

6. Hirondelle
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

The attention to detail and good old hard work that goes into creating a set never ceases to amaze me.

Looking at the guy lovingly applying a blood stain (at least I think that’s what he’s doing) reminds me: I once got a guided tour through the factory of a professional make-up company in San Francisco (Kryolan) and there I learnt (and got a taste) that the vomit and blood they mix for the stage and screen comes in different flavours: whiskey, strawberry and mint. Which would you choose? ;o)

The quotes are muy droll. Can’t decide whether my favourite is the dead Lannister or the cute corpses…

7. dizzy_34
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I like all the dead Lannister pics very misleading to the uninitiated. At least as far as ACOK is concerned.

8. John
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

NewJeffCT:
    Oxcross, or outside the town/keep where Yoren gets killed?

It says Robb ‘s camp in the link post .

9. The Instrumentalist
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

This made me laugh. A top-off to a good day.

P.S, I chose the guy with the seeping wound. ;)

Posted October 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

These pics are soooo boring! Still very underwhelmed with the Season 2 promos.

Come on HBO, kick it up a notch!

11. John
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Lex:
    These pics are soooo boring! Still veryunderwhelmed with the Season 2 promos.

Come on HBO, kick it up a notch!

That’s not going to happen until at least December/January .

Posted October 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

John: That’s not going to happen until at least December/January .

Instead, this time we get a pic of… some guy’s back, and some fake blood?

13. Bro
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

Lex: Why not? We had WAY better photos last year by this time. Bronn/Ned/Dany in costume, high-res pics of props, two teasers, and several artisans videos.

Instead, this time we get a pic of… some guy’s back, and some fake blood?

I for one will take whatever is offered. HBO don’t have to release any photos but most of the ones like these are aimed at fans already attached to the books/ series. They won’t have to try as hard for attention as they did for the first season.

Love hearing quotes from the production!

14. Chris
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

We fans definitely got some special treatment last year that I don’t expect for this year. It was really a two-way street though, as they fed us a lot of goodies, but that also helped to get us fans excited and get some discussion and word of mouth going well-before any type of marketing would have had any affect.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the show has sort of moved past that, and we won’t see as much fan-service, but what we do see will probably be much more polished and professional. We’ve only got the one “teaser” so far, but I think it was much higher production quality than most of the teasers that were obviously thrown together for us fans last year.

15. KG
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Chris,

You are right. They used us as pre-buzz. They don’t need us now. It’s just business, nothing personal :)

16. Joe
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

The guy in the picture is called Brian. God help anybody who loses his props…

Posted October 28, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Judging by the extremely low number of comments on this thread, I’m guessing I’m not the only one who’s underwhelmed…

Posted October 28, 2011 at 4:00 am | Permalink

Well, I take these definitely not to be promo pictures. They don’t think they are, either. But Cat is doing her best, so she at least posts what she can, better something than nothing. This year the promotion period shifts closer to the airdate, it’s second season after all. Not that I like it :) but I’m realistic.

19. Rimshot
    Posted October 28, 2011 at 6:49 am | Permalink

That guy in the picture is the scottish props guy who kept finding me and giving me the Moose banner last year, no matter how hard I tried to hide from him! He was meticulous in his attention to detail. Nice guy too!

Posted October 28, 2011 at 7:11 am | Permalink

Rimshot,

Ah, good to know :) I remember the story from the panel. Nice!

Posted October 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I don’t mean to sound so negative… I just want more!

Posted October 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Lex:
    Yeah, I don’t mean to sound so negative… I just want more!

Yeah, these little updates and photos were much more exciting when we had no idea what the show would look like. Analyzing every tiny detail, trying to figure out the scene, set, costumes, etc. Now it’s like, yup, that’s a Lannister soldier.

They could excite the fans once again, even without showing some of the major new characters in costume, by showing us pics of the Dragonstone or Qarth or Pyke sets. Something new for us to geek out over. :)

Posted October 28, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

A shot of Stannis or Melisandre in costume would go a LONG way towards appeasing me.