Quick Hits: MGoT, GMP, PCA and RPG
- A new Making Game of Thrones post that introduces us to stand-in and trainee DA, Graeme Livingston. Graeme drops this teaser about season two: “There’s been quite a lot of sword fighting in this season, a lot more than last one. There’s a lot more combat. Anything with a sword fight keeps me happy. And a bit of blood.”
- A short interview with Julian Glover, who plays Grand Maester Pycelle, has been posted over at GameofThrones.hu. Something I found interesting: not only has he not read the books, but he’s only seen the first three episodes. Read the interview for more, but be warned that there are some spoilers in regards to Pycelle’s plot in season two.
- USA Today published a recent article and video on the various Thrones-related video games in development. In addition to the Cyanide RPG, there is also a free-to-play MMO being developed by Bigpoint and a social networking game (think FarmVille) in the works, developer unknown. The Cyanide RPG, which appears to be titled simply Game of Thrones, will be published by Atlus on March 6th in the US for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC. Atlus has launched an official website and has even begun accepting pre-orders for the game.
- There are a couple of upcoming events where Thrones fans will be able to meet-and-greet some of the cast. First, the Winter Memorabilia Show at NEC Birmingham on Nov 19-20 will have a signing with Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Roxanne McKee (Doreah), James Cosmo (Old Bear Mormont), Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio Forel) and Spencer Wilding (White Walker). Then there is ThroneCon, which will also be held in Birmingham on Feb 10-12, with the currently announced guests of Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister).
- If you feel that HBO’s official Game of Thrones shop doesn’t have enough merchandise, than you will be happy to know that HBO has announced a partnership with Dark Horse to produce even MORE Thrones memorabilia and merchandise. Keep making that money, HBO!
- Lastly, Game of Thrones has been nominated for a People’s Choice Award in the category of Favorite Cable TV Drama. You can vote as many times as you want, so vote early and often! Winners will be announced in a live broadcast on Jan 11 on CBS.