Northern Ireland filming wraps … plus a new official set photo!
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.

After nearly six months, filming for season two of Game of Thrones in Northern Ireland is complete. A bittersweet day for much of the cast and crew, as they are happy about a job well done but now have to say goodbye to their co-workers. Here are a selection of tweets:

Bryan Cogman (writer): “Dat’s a Belfast wrap. #GoT”
Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy): “‘@BryanCogman: Dat’s a Belfast wrap. #GoT’ Well done!”
Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark): “And thats a wrap.feel so thankful I’m part of all this I’m the luckiest boy in the world.gonna miss everyone(god I’m gonna cry)”
Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark): “Well, I guess that’s it for season 2… :( But can’t wait til season 3! ;) (fingers crossed) ;P MASSIVE thanks to everyone involved! :)”
Kristian Nairn (Hodor): “Did our last scenes today! has been an amazing experience this year. will miss everybody loads :)”

But while much of the cast and crew is now heading home, the Iceland contingent is getting ready to begin 10 more days of filming. Iceland filming is set to begin on Dec 2nd and last until the 12th.

In related news, Making Game of Thrones has a new post up. The post praises the extras that work on the show while including some funny quotes from the set. But it also has a new behind-the-scenes photo and it may be the best one yet.

Extras on set
Those are some new costumes… who do you think those guys are?

Winter Is Coming: It’s actually kind of hard to believe that season two filming is very nearly finished. The premiere is inching ever closer. Now we just need some juicy photos (the one above is a start) and a trailer!

1. The Rabbit
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Ironborn sailors.
    My guess.

2. Black Lion
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I’m thinking of the dead people from Flea Bottom.

3. The Lightning Lord
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Brotherhood?

4. David Moore
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Rickon wrote that? How old is he?

My guess, really homely saltwives.

5. Chris77
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

My guess is Ironborn as well.

6. Two Feathers
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Nice to see the hard working extras get some praise and regognition.
    There have been some tough shoots this season , often in challanging conditions.
    I have met some great people along the way,had some good laughs,got to dress up and play with swords and been in scenes with my favorite characters.
    To have been part of this phenomenon from the pilot is amazing. Long may it continue.
    Kudos to The Brotherhood Without Lines.

7. OldGran
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I guess- The Ironborn

8. Jo
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

David Moore:
    Rickon wrote that? How old is he?

My guess, really homely saltwives.

Ha!

Oh man, now whenever I see random scruffy extras milling about in the show I’ll be thinking of them as homely saltwives.

Art Parkinson, who plays Rickon, is ten years old.

9. raegenhere
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Not an expert on this, but the boat’s shape seems similar to a longboat, from what I can see. That would point towards the ironborn.

Or maybe its Davos and Mellisandre about to leave for Storms End?

And of course, faceless men are always an option ;)

10. epic thusly
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

The Damphair’s Drowned Men…

11. rob
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

definitely ironborn, as the costumes suggest they scavenged or looted their garments.

12. John
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

I also want the episodes names list!! When can we expect to have those?

13. jkb
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

no trucks? ;p

14. The Rabbit
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Dan Weiss, Northern Irish minister of culture and the glimpse of set behind them

15. Liesie
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Ironborn…? Well I suppose they are (those two guys look drowned to me, or at least dead), but somehow they don’t feel ironborn… (am I being weird?) Probably it’s just me but I can’t imagine any ironborn (except the women of course) without beards XD

16. Liesie
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

raegenhere: but the boat’s shape seems similar to a longboat,

shouldn’t a longboat be bigger? Or is that inside my head as well?

17. TheBlackFlame
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

If I had to guess I’d say they are The Lightning Lord’s men.

18. gdnjr
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

They ferried Sandor Clagane and Arya across do-not-remember-River.

19. raegenhere
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Liesie,

sure, but the shape and type construction of the boat look very viking-esk too me.
    But hard too tell without seeing the ends. One of the main features of longships was that they were symetrical so they could quickly reverse direction.

20. jkb
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Liesie:

don’t feel like ironborn to me either. and i don’t think they’re drowned men, coz it’s some river or a lake, not a sea. /confused

21. Jordan Healey
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I thought it might have something to do with the Battle of the Blackwater, but that’s just me.

I expect Ironborn to look a bit more Viking-like than that.

I don’t think Drowned Men wear that many clothes either …

22. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

My first thought was that they’re peasants from King’s Landing. That boat seems too small to be an Ironborn longship.

23. Ryan
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Those twitter posts are kind of a spoiler…

Bran saying “cant wait till season 3″.. people watching the show are supposed to get tricked into thinking Bran and Rickon are dead for I’d think a few episodes…

24. kg
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 1:23 am | Permalink

Random King’s Landing dockside trash.

25. Langkard
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 3:13 am | Permalink

Ironborn. I just hope that isn’t someone’s idea of an Ironborn longboat, but instead a Pyke fishing boat or a launch boat from a real longboat. If Crow’s Eye shows up with his ship Silence as a boat that small, or any of the other ships like Asha… er Yara’s Black Wind, there will be a lot of very angry viewers.

26. EvilPicnic
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 7:30 am | Permalink

My guess is that they’re King’s Landing peasants – the water looks riverish rather than seaish (if that makes sense) and I would have imagined the Ironborn boats (even the small ones) to be old, black and weathered. I can only imagine it’s Blackwater bay.

I can’t wait for the first clip of footage to leak!!

27. EvilPicnic
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 7:32 am | Permalink

The Rabbit:

Dan Weiss wearing a Sonisphere hoodie!! He likes his music on the heavy side then :D

28. MrGiggles
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 9:32 am | Permalink

If the episodes are shot so out of order, how does one director get all the credit? Seems odd to me…

29. Rose
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Reeds :(

30. steve
    Posted November 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

are those the red coats from pirates of the Caribbean?

31. The Mourning Star
    Posted November 21, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

steve,

Perhaps they are on the God’s Eye?

1. […] of Kings yet so this is your spoiler alert for the comments section of this post!  Head over to WiC.net for a bit more coverage on Game of Thrones filming and such.  Game of Thrones season 2 premieres […]

2. […] instance, Winter is Coming reported that filming recently ended on season 2 of the series in Northern Ireland, where most of the show […]