Reports from the set in Iceland
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming, Press.

Jon Snow beyond the WallIcelandic reporters and journalists were given access to the set of Game of Thrones yesterday. A few reports have come out today as a result. First, this article from Icelandic news site Vísir which features an interview with producer Chris Newman, who was instrumental in bringing the production to Iceland. The article says filming has been going well so far and reveals that the production is already looking into returning to Iceland for season three. (A rough translation of the full article provided by Strong Belwas after the break.) The best part of this report is the new pic of Jon Snow in his cold weather Night’s Watch gear!

Vísir has also published a video report with soundbites from Newman as well as David Benioff and D.B. Weiss plus lots of shots of the Icelandic scenery. The video doesn’t seem to be embeddable, so you’ll have to click the link to view it. Now embedded, courtesy of SpoilerTV. Two more related photos from Vísir in the article here.

UPDATE: Visir now has a gallery of photos taken from the set available to view.

Winter Is Coming: Some great reports. The scenery looks awesome and so does Jon Snow. And how about Weiss revealing that a character dies in season two that doesn’t die in the books? Who do we think THAT might be?

Hear Me Roar: Newman pretty much confirms that Craster’s Keep was shot in Northern Ireland, as we suspected, and will feature in episodes 1 and 2. Iceland scenes are going to be used in over four eps, he said, listing episodes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10.

Translation of Vísir report via Strong Belwas:
The producers of Game of Thrones are looking in to shooting more material in Iceland for next season and are thinking of using the midnight sun and the landscape for some smaller takes.

The crew was getting ready to leave and head out to Höfðabrekkuheiði wher the next shooting will take place. Kit Harrington was still on the glacier and didn’t look to be affected by the cold weather.

They spoke to one of the producers of the show, Chris Newman. He worked on Icelandic televesion series Nonni and Manni from 1988 and also met his wife in Iceland. He also met Snorri Þórisson who is the head of the producing company Pegasus.

Newman was really happy with how the shooting was going and says that great luck had followed them. “The week before we began shooting there was 16°c and no snow. The day the director landed it started to snow and freeze”. The only problem he had that the landscape was too beautiful and maybe some people would find it difficult to believe it was real.

Newman confirmed that they were looking in to use Iceland even more as a shooting location for next season.

The shooting of Game of Thrones is almost as equally big as Ridley Scott’s Promotheus which was shot here during last summer.

There will be more coverage on Game of Thrones next days, including a interview with Dan Weiss David Benioff.

1. Mormegil
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Gilly or Sam are my guesses for the person (or people) who die.

2. Elena Amici
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

the video was GREAT.
    I’ll go with Pyat Pree or Gilly. The former because his death would look cool, and we’re not going to see him anyway (and the Undying would look like a threat after that – Qarthens would be pissed. The latter because she’s not an important character. I was rereading Dance yesterday and I started wondering how would they handle her storyline in season 4/5, with the whole baby swap thing which would be redundant and kinda difficult to follow (we don’t have POVs on GOT!). So I think she could be killed at the end of the season, somehow. Also, there’s an article on a Italian television blog, in which the guy pointed out that they casted hannah murray for the role. She’s not a big name, but she’s not unknown either, especially in the UK. I she will be considered more important than she is in the book, and a dramatic death would be a cool end for her character arc. Maybe to show us how evil Craster/the Others is/are. She could be killed because the Others want her baby and she doesn’t want to. The only problem I can see with this is that I would expect something similar in s3, not s2. Well, I guess they’ll have to give some screen time to the Watch after Jon is gone.

3. Cristian Far Arnedo
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I hope that character(s) is very minor. Also good to know that the north of the wall stuff will not be in episodes 3, 4 and 9, and that the whole craster – gilly plot will be in episodes 1 and 2. It also seems that they included more action, and I think that they will introduce Ygritte earlier than in the books and maybe develop more the story between her and Jon

4. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Mormegil:
    Gilly or Sam are my guesses for the person (or people) who die.

5. Cristian Far Arnedo
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Mormegil,

I think they are way too important in the future of the story, and it would not make sense to introduce that storyline (the whole Gilly thing) to kill the characters right after.

6. Dorkmaster Flek
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Lisa: I don’t think they would kill Sam , he’s kind of an important character. Doesn’t necessarily have to be someone from Jon’s storyline, it could also be someone from King’s Landing or Dany’s part of the story.

Agreed. I don’t think it would be Gilly either because she’s important in that her son gets swapped with Mance’s when Sam leaves with Maester Aemon. Although, I guess they don’t necessarily need her to live for that part. They could just send the baby with Sam. But then who would take care of him? And you’d lose the whole plot of Sam’s relationship developing with her, and even her own development as she comes to terms with what’s been asked of her.

7. Phil Norris
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Does he mean someone who doesn’t die in ACoC or doesn’t die at all, in the series so far? Maybe he’s hinting that someone who dies in a later book dies in S2 instead?

And is Sam that important a character? Apart from conning the Nights Watch into voting for Jon he’s pretty disposable. Everything else that he does, and happens to him could be picked up by other characters.

8. Elena Amici
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Also, I’m totally in the Kit Harington fangirl team now. That cold weather NW gear is COOL

Cristian Far Arnedo: Also good to know that the north of the wall stuff will not be in episodes 3, 4 and 9, and that the whole craster – gilly plot will be in episodes 1 and 2.

Okay, I missed that part. Was it in the video?

Anyway, i don’ think that baby swap storyline is important. It doesn’t look like Melisandre will burn Craster’s son anytime soon, so they can just skip that part.

9. Magnus
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Phil Norris:

He said that someone who has survived all the books dies.

10. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici:
    Also, goodbye NCW’s amazing armor. I’m totally in the Kit Harington fangirl team now. Those NW costumes are COOL

Welcome to the team. ;)

Phil Norris,

Yeah, I think, he’s a pretty important character. He slays an Other, thus finding out their weakness (okay, this could be done by another character), he tricks the Night’s Watch into voting Jon their LC and he goes on the sea voyage with Maester Aemon. And I’m pretty sure that he’ll play an important part in the future books.

11. Mormegil
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Ok I wasn’t being totally serious with my suggestions but I could still see it happening. D+D are going to have to simplify some of the things from later books and killing off some characters early may be the way they do it.

As to guessing only North of the Wall names it was the comment in the video about how action packed Jons storyline is going to be that got me thinking. To be honest Jons storyline in ACoK isn’t all that action packed till the end of the book so I have a feeling they may well add a Wight and/or Other attack which ends with some Nights Watch men dead.

12. Cristian Far Arnedo
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici,

Yeah, they say that the scenes they are filming in Iceland will be for episodes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10, and that they had filmed the north on the wall stuff from episodes 1 and 2 in NI, because it was set in a house and its surroundings, so it was easier to fake the snow and the setting.

13. Knurk
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Lol I’m not going to guess who’s getting the axe this season after all the fuss about nothing last year.

14. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Mormegil,

I actually heard a really cool rumour about that but apparently the spoiler button has disappeared so I can’t post it at the moment because that would be a HUGE spoiler for season 2.

Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Knurk, haha! Yeah, the thought did cross my mind that D.B. did this on purpose to whip us all into some frenzied speculation again and they could read our crazy comments and laugh. We’re onto you, Dan!

16. Elena Amici
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Lisa:
    Mormegil,

just write and to cover your spoiler, without the “w”.
    Please, i need to know :D
    Cristian Far Arnedo,

i got that, but they didn’t say there won’t be NW stuff in episodes 3 and 4 . (I was already expecting ep 9 to be Blackwater Only :D)
    Anyway, what about the Fist of the First Men part? I guess it’s going to be in episodes 3 and :)

Mormegil: To be honest Jons storyline in ACoK isn’t all that action packed till the end of the book so I have a feeling they may well add a Wight and/or Other attack which ends with some Nights Watch men dead.

I don’t think so, because we know that episodes from 5 to 10 are being filmed in Iceland, so that part will be about Jon and the Halfhand . I’m especting some wildling attacks, to introduce Ygritte. I’d like to see the battle of the Fist in ep 10, though. Maybe the death will be in that episode

17. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici,

Well, I’ll try. I’ve heard that Jon will encounter an Other at Craster’s Keep but he will not fight it. He just sees how Craster abandons one of his sons in the forest and then the Other comes. I don’t know if it’s true but it makes a lot of sense.

18. Elena Amici
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Lisa,

I love it. Cool, cool, cool
    may I ask where did you read that?

19. MikeRosenzweig
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

It could be Pyp or Grenn or Dolorus Edd….

20. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici,

My little birds told me ;) …. no, seriously I heard it from someone whose friend was an extra. :)

MikeRosenzweig,

Pyp’s not in season 2, so that would rule him out. And not Dolorous Edd, please, not him! :D

21. Elena Amici
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Lisa: My little birds told me ;)

you win!

MikeRosenzweig: Dolorus Edd

Lisa: Pyp’s not in season 2

the character’s not in the book, but i guess he will be on the show.. it’s better than recast more people to play the NWatchmen

22. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: you win!

Nope, he’s not on the show, the actor tweeted that his character wouldn’t be in season 2. Same for Rast. Don’t know about Grenn though.

23. Cristian Far Arnedo
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

The actor said on twitter that he is not in S2, IIRC

24. The Rabbit
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

I think it would one of the wildlings Jon encounters. Do not really know their names except for the Rattleshirt.

In any case, alomst confident it would be minor character like Mago in S1.

25. Sean Fan
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

26. TJ Flynn
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Good stuff, but that Visir video player makes me want to smash my head against a wall.

27. Rose
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Is it super obvious to anyone else that this is gonna be Mormont?

28. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

this is a word in icelandic?

Höfðabrekkuheiði

wtf!?!

29. dizzy_34
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Well if this new “death” follows suit with the first season it will be the fourth wildling on the left that has some kind of future role in book 6.

30. The Rabbit
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

dizzy_34,

Great minds think alike ;)

31. Daniel Lin
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Why isn’t Longclaw slang behind Jon’s back?

32. Rob
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Could it possibly be Meryn Trant as he takes over the role that Mandon Moore fulfils in the books?

33. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

When I heard they were going to kill off a character, my first thought was, “They’re going to kill off Ros? But who will provide the wanton tits and ass?”.

But then when I heard it will be a character from the books, I thought, “Oh shit, they’re going to kill off Rickon. They can’t do that!”, until it occurred to me, they can totally do that. It might even make things less complicated, given the situation with the Reed siblings/Osha. If Rickon were to die, there would be no need for Osha to take him to Skagos.

Granted, I’m being sarcastic, but I wonder how that’s going to work out, especially come time for ADwD, when Davos is sent to retrieve him.

34. John
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Daniel Lin:
    Why isn’t Longclaw slang behind Jon’s back?

And not a single fuck was given that day .

35. John
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Rob,

You may be right .

36. Sanette
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Daniel Lin,

That’s what I was thinking! How can he climb the Frostfangs with Longclaw at his waist? And it’s such typical thing for Jon.

37. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Rob,

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. It was a bit of a trick question, I suppose.

38. Lisa
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Daniel Lin,

In the books Jon had Longclaw slung on his back because it was too long for him to carry it on his hip. Not surprising because he was only 15 years old. But since Jon is older on the show he should be tall enough to carry it on his hip.

39. Dan
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

I’m guessing Alliser Thorne

40. Matt Chung
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but the brief clip of the main theme they play in the video is in a different key to the one we know… so it’s probably from season 2!

41. Astalnar
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

How about killing off Rast?
    Instead of leaving him at Castle Black and then killing him off in 3rd season they can get rid of him early on. Its not like he has any dramatic meaning or it would change the show.
    same if they off Lark, they can use him as someone who wen’t a bit on his own and Others took care of him, leaving surpirse for when Others attack the Fist and Pate shit himself seeing his former conspirator

Lisa:
    Daniel Lin,

I don’t know, I would leave his sword on his back. Considering he is on ranging it would seem more handy than having it behind his belt where it will get in a way when he starts climbing or something.
    Also, if you noticed in video, that sword’s hilt is almost to his armpit. Meaning it is too long to be carried at belt. At least by my account.

Also, Jon having sword over his back is realy one of his characteristics.

42. Adrian
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Unbook death?

Dolorous Edd?

43. dtones520
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

It wont be a major character, so I’m guessing Grenn dies. We know him and his death doesn’t upset the story but could make a scene more impactful. Sam ie a POV character. I don’t think they would kill him. It will be a minor character, but one we like…which, to me, means Grenn dies.

44. Grant Gould
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I can’t get those video links to play for some reason… Is anyone planning on posting them to YouTube by chance? :)

45. WugwugSSJ
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

You all are forgetting how expendable Hot Pie is and that he has survived, although if he was mentioned in feast or dance it was probably a passing description that I missed.

46. jkb
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

oh seriously people, if you think sam is gonna die in the series you’re out of your gourd. i mean wtf.

47. Steve The Pirate
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I get the feeling Benioff and Weiss were talking out their asses again about character deaths. They (and GRRM) made a big deal last season about someone dying who could have a big ripple effect, and it was just the bloodrider who didn’t have a name until a moment before Drogo ripped his throat out.
    It’s probably some minor character, like a Bloody Mummer or whatever. Could be anything, but I doubt it’s significant or someone we care about.

48. Eugene Toussaint
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

can someone please explain to me why they have to kill characters that do not originally die in a series where so many people die already? i feel like they are just changing the story for a kicks and giggles =(

49. Arrogant Bastard
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Steve The Pirate,

I thought the early character death from season one was Marillon the singer, though he didn’t actually die (tongue ripped out) but almost assuredly won’t be on the show again. He had a bigger role in the books than Mago the bloodrider, but I didnt have any problem at all with his fate in the show.

I wonder if Weiss means a character that didn’t die at all in the books yet or someone they’re killing off earlier than in the books. If it’s the former, I would guess a minor character like Pyp or Grenn. If it’s someone they’re killing off earlier, maybe Jeor Mormont; season 2 has less big deaths than season one so maybe they’re adding one early. It could also be someone not in Jon’s storyline, like Xaro, which I wouldn’t have a problem with as long as it made sense. Xaro appears in ADWD briefly, but even if the show gets that far I doubt they’d bother doing that scene and going to the trouble of getting the actor three years down the road.

50. metalgoddessamb
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

I’ve been to Iceland in the winter. The black volcanic rock with the snow on it makes the whole landscape look like cookies and cream ice cream! :)

I can’t wait to see it represent in April.

51. Eos
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

How bout killing Craster off a little earlier? That wouldn’t damage the story that badly. I would not accept Grenn‘s death. I never really paid that much attention to the character in the books but in the series he is just epic. Hell, I’d take the black just to be able to hang out with the awesomeness that he is.

I don’t really think there’s a chance they’d kill Gilly off. Her story isn’t even interesting up to the end of aCoK, so I don’t think they’d bother introducing her at all. I could see them rushing Mormont’s death a wee bit as well.

The video’s great, tho. I genuinly think D&D are beyond epic, it must’ve been damn cold standing out there giving an interview – not to mention limited daylight and all. Yet here they are, providing us with some great info.

52. Bro
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Looking good Kit Snow!
    I’m not even gonna bother trying to guess who this alive-in-book-dead-on-tv character is, could be any of the minor characters. Wonder if it will cause much of a butterfly effect though…

53. Shinyteapot
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

We know Dany is getting a new bloodrider- so maybe Rakharo is the one killed off? He could die in place of Doreah?

54. Siobhan Mooney
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

What’s with the Baldur’s Gate music in the background of that video? :-D (And how much of a geek am I that this is the first remarkable feature of the video to me?)

55. Jordan Healey
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Hahaha awesome

Baldur’s Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal music in the background

amazing choice!

56. The Instrumentalist
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Has it been confirmed that Doreah is not dying? I’ve grown to like her in the series.

And oh no! Not Hot Pie! D: Take anyone but Hot Pie!

57. Dreamlife
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

Awesome video interview. Iceland looks amazing. Kit Harrington looks amazing, too :)

At first I figured the character they are going to kill off is a minor character, but listening to the wording of that sentence, “no one will be safe, people that you care about will not make it out of the show alive, even characters that made it through the books may not make it out of the season alive” (I am paraphrasing), now I am getting nervous that they are going to kill *** spoilers for ADWD ***Jon Snow. I know, he’s supposed to make it through the end of ADWD, but remember Kit is turning into a bit of a movie star…think he’s trying to move beyond AGOT? I really hope not, because I am not convinced Jon dies at the end of ADWD and therefore do not want to see his story cut short. Plus, Jon’s my favorite character! Of course they could use the ending of Jon’s arc from ADWD and have us -think- he’d dead when really he’s AAR :P I can’t think of any other character I “love” that’s going north. I guess they could be referring to Sam, but I thought he has work to be done in The Winds of Winter Here’s hoping it’s Cersei :P I hate that b*tch!

58. Hi-Fi
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

If they kill Grenn, it will break my heart. I love the character in the show. : (

59. Luke Skullwalker
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

I think shooting the scenes for season 2 in the harsh cold enviroment in Iceland, will provide some authentic scenery, which I look forward to watch in the upcoming series.
    They could have done it in a studio with some fancy CGI and whatnots, but my helmet’s off to them for doing it the hard way.

60. TJ Flynn
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

They’re gonna kill Jon Snow so Kit Harrington can go film the new King Arthur film next year without having to worry about scheduling conflicts.

61. Nicole
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Other options could be The Blackfish or Edmure

62. Kanga
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Whoever picked the background music gets serious nerd props for picking Baldur’s Gate. I love that stuff, I’ve had it on my ipod for years :P

63. Knurk
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

TJ Flynn:

THE DRAMA!

I love all this speculating, but people this is not the Walking Dead where the inept showrunners feel the need to kill a few people who live and let a few people live who die from the written word so they can feel good about themselves. Weiss is probably already pissing his pants reading this thread. Whoever said 4th wildling from the left has my money!

64. Dark Star
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Please not Dolorous Edd!! Could be Hot Pie or Gendry. Or Ser Kevan, or Ser Loras, just pick a character.

I doubt it would be Sam , he’s too integral, and I think he has a larger role to play later on.

65. Epic fail
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

What if D&D do feel the need to kill a few people to feel good about themselves? What then?

66. Epic fail
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Siobhan Mooney,

You are officially awesome for catching that. I thought it was Icelandic pop music.

67. Virtus
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

TJ Flynn:

Oh please, that would mean that 90% of book readers would abandon the show.

68. Dark Star
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

I think they will kill someone just to keep us know-it-all’s on our toes. Just when we think we know who’s safe and who’s not, BAM! Margaery drinks Joffrey’s wine.

69. Epic fail
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

I just watched the video. I learned that: Dan Weiss doesn’t like Irish food.

70. Steve The Pirate
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

Dark Star: Also, I didn’t think that was Marillion who lost his tongue in S1. I thought he was still at The Eyrie with Lisa. In the book, and I assumed in the show, it was a different singer.

The early death that GRRM had everyone freaking out about was Mago the bloodrider- George confirmed it.

I really think people are reading too much into what D&D said in the video. They didn’t actually say that someone was going to die in this season who didn’t in the book. They made a vague statement that some people who make it through the books may not make it through the show. That was all.

71. Virtus
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

Lisa:
    Elena Amici,

Maybe it’s Gilly’s son and he’ll be the character that doesn’t make it? Granted he’s not much of a “character” in the books though…

72. Epic fail
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

About the mysterious case of the doomed character in season 2 that would live through the books, I wonder since DW was talking about North of the Wall stuff when he started that rant: Will the doomed character die north of the wall too? In which case I don’t remember most of the characters. Maybe Gilly will die? Her story is quite unbelievable later on. They just need her baby, and her preferably dead. Not sure why we’re spoilerizing text since it’s all speculation but I’ll go along with it.

Edit: I see others have had this extremely insightful guess.

73. Langkard
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

You might want to put a line in the paragraph with the video link that it does contain a spoiler. We here all know about Ygritte, but many tempted to watch the video might not want to hear that little spoiler D&D let loose at the very end there. It’s not much of a spoiler, but “along with the Northern woman he falls in love with” is still a spoiler.

74. Katya
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Shinyteapot,

That would make a lot of sense since he is not available for shooting due to other committments (a movie he’s in, IIRC).

75. TJ Flynn
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Virtus: Oh please, that would mean that 90% of book readers would abandon the show.

I was being sarcastic.

76. Amir Mishali
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:04 am | Permalink

A character dying that does not die in the books?

I am having a deja vu….

77. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Epic fail:
    Knurk,

the show would probably still be a hundred times better than the Walking Dead. What a snoozefest, days of our lives with zombies.

78. Nightwatchman
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Dan:
    I’m guessing Alliser Thorne

Oh, dear God, I hope so!

79. surfKraken
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:35 am | Permalink

Don’t care who gets killed. What both the books and the show plot lines need is more OTHERS. And I’m not talking about wights.

Adding more of this mysterious, dreadfully invincible seeming villan race would add allure to season 2.

80. Angel
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:05 am | Permalink

Mormegil,

Great guesses! I thought the same

81. G_Lee
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:42 am | Permalink

I hate how People say that characters still alive in the Books are unimportant… How do YOU know what George has in mind for characters like Sam? Maybe he’s gonna be the saviour of Westeros.

82. Luke Skullwalker
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:51 am | Permalink

Here are couple of photos from the set in Iceland (I’m not sure if it has been posted here before) in this article.

83. Obsidian
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:15 am | Permalink

No , no , no…C’mon guys , it won’t be Jon , Sam , or Gilly . Too much good stuff yet to come. ;)

84. John
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:15 am | Permalink

Katya:
    Shinyteapot,

You have to be retarded to actually think they would kill Jon Snow .

85. Obsidian
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:24 am | Permalink

( snicker..) Did anyone else hit the translate button on the photo links above ?…Apparently Kit Harrington is the next ” heart rain dream city “..;) cool :)

86. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:41 am | Permalink

My guess is also someone like Grenn or Pyp. It makes sense to thin the case in the north a bit since there will be a lot of characters there in season 3 and 4 (SoS) with the wildlings and then Stannis etc coming.

87. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:53 am | Permalink

Steve The Pirate: That was absolutely Marillion. He’s not at the Eyrie, he turned up in KL apparently. Same actor, playing a singer. It was him. They’ll have to come up with an alternative for Marillion’s role in the drama in ASOS at the Eyrie, since he’s no singer now and would have no reason to be at the Eyrie again.

However, the original “mystery early death,” came from this story:

88. Josh
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink

They’re not gonna kill Sam, you people are crazy. If they kill anyone it will be someone like Dolorous Edd or maybe Xaro Xhoan Daxos

89. Snark
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Seven hells not this again. People went crazy with character death speculation last season and it was only poor old Mago, who I would probably never have remembered if Drogo hadn’t pulled his tounge from his head. Whoever this “character” is that meets their untomely death they aren’t going to be important or plot centric and you really aren’t going to care.

By the by, I believe Ros would be an eligible since she isn’t even in the books…

90. HouseLark
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 4:59 am | Permalink

No bloody way will they off Jon. The entire Wall/Wildling storyline makes no sense without him. There’s just far too many compromises that would have to be made to accommodate his death.

My money is on Meryn Trant. He will probably take Moore’s role in the TV show and he’d be a death that the audience will really enjoy once they see the beatings he gives Sansa over the season. One thing I’m certain of: it will be a second banana type character not one of the main characters with a complex storyline.

91. Phil Norris
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:18 am | Permalink

How about Maester Aemon

92. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Greeeeeeaaaaat video! If HBO doesn’t want to give us nice lengthy behind-the-scenes videos yet, I’m happy someone else steps in to do it for them!

Btw, I heared D&D say something like “characters that survive in the book could die in the series and vice versa – people are not guaranteed that their favourite character from the books makes it out alive”. I didn’t hear them actually say that one particular character that survives in the books would die in season 2, so I’m not gonna worry at all about that. It’s most likely they just said such a thing to keep us on edge.

Finally, before I’m off to start learning Icelandic, the thing that I’m most happy about: huraaaay, they’re having LOVELY light at the moment!!!

93. emma
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:25 am | Permalink

WAH! If they kill The Hound, my fangirl days are over. I hope they kill off Shae now, she’s such a bore. If it’s someone from the Wall, it could be Grenn as I know he survives the wildling attacks…

But please, not The Hound, he’s a vital part of the books with Sansa then Arya…. and he still may make a return in the future books to rescue Sansa <3 (I dream that someone will find true love in this bloody series, if it can't happen in fiction I give up with my own life! haha)

94. Louisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:29 am | Permalink

OMG Kit can you be any hotter?

95. clemintine
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:33 am | Permalink

Luke Skullwalker:

96. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:34 am | Permalink

[bad joke warning]

Btw, seeing that 4WD transporting people from and to the sets, I wonder if they call the one carrying Kit Harrington the ‘Snow Mobile’…

97. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:40 am | Permalink

clemintine: Yes, I hate films set in cold places where the actors don’t look the least bit cold! Looking cold is hard to fake, and I can’t wait to see authentically cold people :)

Yes, I want to see icycles in beards and clouds of breath!!! (icycles in beards are unavoidable for bearded men in freezing conditions, and if D&D don’t think of that I reserve the right to be the first to declare icycle-gate! ;-) )

98. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:47 am | Permalink

Astalnar:

Also, Jon having sword over his back is realy one of his characteristics.

I think, I read somewhere that carrying a sword on your back is highly impractical, especially with regard to drawing the sword (it’s an akward movement to grab over your shoulder and draw the sword) and sheathing it again. Admittedly it does look kinda cool but I don’t really think it was a big thing for Jon’s character. Maybe it would be more practical to have it on your back when climbing but I don’t really think it’s that important.

With regard to the character who dies: I seriously doubt that they’d kill off one of the major characters (Jon, seriously??). The person who said some wildling is probably right. Or maybe it’s someone from Dany’s khalassar. There are so many side characters that they can likely kill one of them without us even noticing it. And I really have a mental image of David and Dan sitting in front of a computer, reading all these comments and laughing their a***** off.

99. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 5:49 am | Permalink

Snark,

100. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Nicole: My vote is on Jeyne, or whatever her name eventually is getting killed. They’ve already made a lot of changes to that plotline, and it would be hard to keep her around to connive with the Lannisters (assuming she’s the conniving sort) in future seasons when book Jeyne Westerling was being manipulated by her mother, and not part of the planning of the Red Wedding. If she’s involved in planning it, it’d make sense for a surviving ally of Rob’s to go off the wall and kill her, or even Tywin ordering her death after getting what he wants

Hmmm. Now, I don’t like this idea, but what if they went this root, and allowed themselves not to have to introduce the Tullies? If Jeyne dies, Robb could still marry a Frey, and perhaps the Red Wedding will be changed from Edmure’s wedding to Robb’s. If they do this they have the option to keep Robb alive (like Edmure) or kill him as in the books. I really hope this isn’t the case. It would piss me off phenomenally. ):

101. Drew
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Maester Aemon anyone?

102. Razha
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:41 am | Permalink

I believe Aemon is really needed for the AFFC, besides during the season 2 we probably won’t see any wall and Aemon stays at the wall -it would be strange to force this blind old man to participate in the travel beyond the wall -so if they will shoot just 1 scene of him dying at the wall – it won’t give any dramatic impact – this death is simply not needed

I think killing Grenn is quite possible – it was reported somewhere that Peep does not appear in Season 2 and returns in season 3 (and with his singing abilities – I wonder if he is going to take over the Dareons story from Book 4)
    As to Grenn – he is not doing much in the books anyway – and if Martin expands his story in the latter books – for TV show they can introduce a new NW character to do all that staff if needed.

In the Season 1 unexpected deaths concerned only minor characters like Marillon and Mago – both were absent untill the AFFC/ADWD – so again their stories (if still kept in teh series) can be easily assigned to some new characters that will not be cast untill season 5/6

So I guess this time as well we should be looking for someone that doesnt have much to do during the books 3 .

103. Yuiq
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:43 am | Permalink

My first thought to die was Mormont at the Fist at the end of the season so they wouldn’t have to bring the actor back for one scene in season 3 but if it’s someone who has survived all books then it’s probably just some minor role like Meryn Trant. They’re not going to kill a major character for sure.

104. Magnus
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Drew:
    Maester Aemon anyone?

Doesn’t make sense at all. He probably won’t even be in this season.

105. Kindley man
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 6:49 am | Permalink

What about Hodor…
    Then they can recreate Bran’s angle of the story…
    Keep in mind that there is no sign of the Reeds, so D&D have to make some major/minor changes there…

106. Dreamlife
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 7:23 am | Permalink

As I said earlier, the way he made the comment (talking about Jon’s storyline beyond the wall, someone we love will die, and it will be someone who survives the other books) makes me think it is a major character.

If the comment was spliced together for the video and is being taken out of context, then maybe it is a minor character. Oh, and if it is Jon Snow I will probably quit watching the series :P

In any case, as long as they have a plan and the story is great, I don’t at all mind changes from the books. The changes just need to make sense.

Does anyone know if the music they use in the video is from season 2? The only song I recognized was the title sequence song (I never get tired of watching/hearing that sequence!!)

A funny aside: since watching the video right before going to bed last night I had a dream about Game of Thrones season 2. In the dream, someone leaked about 20 minutes of footage; Jon and Dany were a couple in the footage. Wishful thinking? lol

107. alex
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:03 am | Permalink

i think it is going to be Mormont or Craster.
    I think Sam is to important to get the axe. Sure, some other character could take up Sam’s place, but would it really be that plausible? No. I think Sam is with us to stay.

108. Azazelus
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:17 am | Permalink

It could be Rickon, because he isn’t that big of a character at this point in the series or the books, and, if they go that route, Bran can feasibly go north with Hodor and Osha. This follows the “No Reeds theory,” and would allow them to save themselves some casting.I hope this isn’t the case, as I really want the Reeds in the show.

109. Azazelus
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho:
    [bad joke warning]

I lol’d.

110. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Dreamlife: I am getting nervous that they are going to kill Jon Snow.

No. Fucking. Way. :D

111. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Dreamlife,

I really really doubt that they’d kill Jon. I mean, who’s gonna spy on the Wildlings, warn the Night’s Watch of their attack, hold the Wall against them and then get elected LC? Sam? ;) And just think about all the stuff he does in ADWD. No way that he gets killed off.

112. Toine
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:41 am | Permalink

haha baldur’s gate 2 music. brillant.

113. John
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I can’t believe that people actually believe this crap that Jon Snow may be killled . He is one of the central characters in the series along with Dany and arguably Tyrion . They would cancel the series before they do that shit .

114. Dekar
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:55 am | Permalink

Höfðabrekkuheiði

115. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:58 am | Permalink

John:

Almost nobody does. We’re just having fun!
    (I think Gilly is the one, BTW)

Anyway, folks.. if Kit Harington leaves the show, D&D won’t kill off jon Snow. They will go for a recast(altought it doesn’t seem likely. Alfie Allen signed for 4 years, KH probably did the same)

116. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Elena Amici: Almost nobody does. We’re just having fun!
    (I think Gilly is the one, BTW)

But but but …. what about the infamous Fat Pink Mast?

I think all the cast members who were in the opening credits were signed on for several years, so I don’t think it’s likely that any of them will leave the show (unless their character dies, of course). And I’m sure many of them have said that they would like to go the full length with the series, so we shouldn’t really worry about that. ;)

117. Shinyteapot
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

John: You have to be retarded to actually think they would kill Jon Snow .

The post you quoted referred to Rakharo, who is thought to be being replaced as a bloodrider by Kovarro as the actor is busy with a film. Hence the character may well be killed off. Not Jon- I don’t see his story deviating much from the books.

118. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Lisa: But but but …. what about the infamous Fat Pink Mast?

I can survive without it, although it would break my heart :(

119. Mormegil
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:35 am | Permalink

the goat: Its true that Mago’s death has been brought up by GRRM to illustrate the “butterfly effect” of killing character’s earlier in the show than in the books, such as in this interview:http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/10/george_rr_martin_on_his_favori.html#However, the original “mystery early death,” came from this story:http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/dd-more-ruthless-than-grrm/when GRRM said that D&D had killed off a character in Season 1 that did not die until A Storm of Swords. Obviously this was not referring to Mago, since he is currently still alive in the books.GRRM was, in fact, referring to Marillion, although apparently there were some misunderstandings during the conference call. First, Marillion doesn’t die in ASoS, he dies in AFFC. What GRRM meant was that Marillion plays a big role in ASoS, but he misspoke. Second, Marillion doesn’t die in Season 1, he merely has his tongue ripped out. D&D originally had planned to have Joff execute Marillion, but they changed it to tongue-ripping during production. GRRM either forgot about the change, or was not aware of it at the time of the conference call.I swear to Rh’llor this is all true though. I got it from the man himself, as this is the question I asked George when I got my books signed last summer.

Good to see this confirmed.

120. Chai_latte
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:42 am | Permalink

The Icelandic news reporters did a great job with this video. The landscape looks AWESOME. I can’t wait to see it onscreen. And Kit Harington was too cute with that iPhone!

I’m trying not to think too much about who’s going to die. Trying my best to just go with the flow. I’m working my way through through the books and it’s been killing me. GRRM is merciless.

121. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:55 am | Permalink

John:

Exactly. Killing the central character(s) is series suicide. That will absolutely never happen.

Sincerely,
    Ned Stark

122. Chai_latte
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:56 am | Permalink

123. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:02 am | Permalink

More pictures, yay! http://visir.is/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=XZ&Date=20111201&Category=FRETTIR&ArtNo=120109995&Ref=PH The Icelandic media really is fantastic!! And I thought we wouldn’t get as many pictures as from Croatia because the location is less accessable ….

124. James Hawkins
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Didn’t they say someone was going to die last season that didn’t die in the books?

Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:16 am | Permalink

126. Azazelus
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:17 am | Permalink

In the video, it seems the person who dies is mentioned in the context of the “north of the wall” discussion, and that someone people love… This leads me to believe it is Grenn or Edd

127. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Winter Is Coming:
    Lisa, thanks for the link! I added it to the post. All these photos, videos, etc. from the Frostfangs ….where is the Halfhand?

No worries. Always glad to share.
    I’m also wondering where the rest of the cast are, it looks as if they’re just filming with Kit. Or the others were hidden in a tent when the media arrived. :D

128. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Mormegil,

No prob. Now if we could only find out about that Brandon Stark/Mad King scene!? That was my question for the panel at SDCC, but I got stuck behind a line of people who just had to know how George feels about killing characters. Or what Jon Snow’s favorite cereal is.

I’m praying its one of those Blu-Ray dragon’s eggs. Praise Rh’llor.

129. TJ Flynn
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 11:07 am | Permalink

John:

I can’t believe people actually took me seriously when I said Jon would be killed.

130. Flouride
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

I’ll be pretty damn upset if they start killing off people just for the drama/kicks. Stick to the damn books.

131. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Well, it looks like it probably gets kinda boring out on that glacier at night. Maybe they had nothing better to do than kill off characters.

132. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Is Jon already having his scars in those latest pics (picture 18 and 19)?

133. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Knurk:
    Is Jon already having his scars in those latest pics (picture 18 and 19)?

If those are his scars, then I’d be a bit disappointed. They look a bit small.

134. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

I agree, but what else are they? I was also very dissapointed in the scars of the Hound in the first season so this would be no surprise.

135. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Knurk:
    Is Jon already having his scars in those latest pics (picture 18 and 19)?

i noticed the same thing. I don’t know if those scratches are supposed to be made by Orell, or something else

136. Lisa
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

Maybe just some scratches he got while climbing? And doesn’t the eagle attack take place in ASOS?

137. Jenny Rae Nichols
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Why is there no speculation on who makes it in the show who dies in the book? Didn’t they also say some survive in the show but don’t in the book? Where’s the speculation of that?

Ygritte lives, perhaps???

138. FilliamHMuffman
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

I think it will be Meryn Trant who is killed, filling the role Mandon Moore did in the book.

Another candidate is Bronn replacing Jacelyn Bywater, with maybe even both characters being killed off. But Bronn is a pretty popular character, and he could be kept around season 3 by giving him the Kettleblacks’ role.

139. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

FilliamHMuffman,

Bronn cannot die. Neither can Tyrion. At least not on the show. I’ve already written two full seasons of their HBO buddy/wandering detective spinoff “Bronn and the Halfman.”

140. Yellow Dog
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

A: Now I want to learn Icelandic so I can understand that whole segment. Bet those local guys had some keen insights. And what was that food?

B: So studio talent is just as beauty-queen-dependent in Iceland as here, but did you notice the on-location reporter? She was wearing weather-appropriate clothing including a hood – valuing sense over appearance.

141. dizzy_34
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Hopefully this Iceland media (or spies) can get us a look at Rattleshirt.

142. Snark
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

the goat: Snark, Actually, as I mentioned above, GRRM was initially referring to Marillion, although Mago has also been mentioned recently as an example.

Fair enough, but we posted at pretty much the same tine so I didn’t see :)

Actually I think I’ve figured it out. It could well be Tobho Mott. They were filming scenes of the Goldcloaks chasing and torturing him for info on Gendry. Not much a stretch to assume he doesen’t survive the encounter and he’s still knocking around in the novels as far as I can recall.

143. Jenny Rae Nichols
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

what if…just a crazy idea…Ygritte lives, and is made to be Mance Rayder’s wife’s sister, basically Ygritte is combined with Val…so that later when Stannis offers Jon Winterfell and Val, in the show he will be offering Ygritte. It would simplify, one less character, Ygritte would have to be prettier, val is pretty, ygritte wasnt so much, but I wouldnt be too shocked if they did this. It would keep one actress, save them from introducing another character.

144. Chris77
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Chai_latte: Oh wait, I did think about who’s going to die. Isn’t the actor playing Rakharo leaving? Maybe they will add his character’s death scene to Dany’s storyline, since nothing much happens in ACOK.

PS: The fat pink mast squealing in delight as he is bathed in mothers milk would be soo HBOish…

Ohh and the scars on Jon’s face could be from the eagle, which would mean that we will get Varamys, or they have merged him with Rattleshirt…
    I can totally see this happen, they could keep Doreah alive instead (she is too cute to kill off…ok girls might say the same about Rakharo;)

145. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Snark,

Just so, my friend. And Tobho is definitely a candidate for “early retirement.”

Jenny Rae Nichols,

That’s actually a very interesting idea, but damn, that would change the dynamics so much. 1) I’m pretty sure all the wildlings south of the Wall were killed (although she could be severely wounded & Jon orders that her wounds be treated). 2) He broke his vows with her (I know its only the “chastity vow,” but he barely got elected Lord Commander as it was; sleeping with a wildling makes it even more implausible). 3) Ygritte would HATE Jon for betraying her to go back to the “kneelers.”

146. andrea
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

I was about to ask if you’re an eagle because I didn´t saw the scratches. Now that I see it, I think that only a twig can do that kind of “damage”. Probably HBO wants to keep its teenage audience happy? A pity because a” real” scar would look great in Jon´s face. For now let us hope it´s only a minor wound due to a tree.

147. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Lisa:
    Knurk,

andrea:
    Knurk,

I was about to ask if you’re an eagle because I didn´t saw the scratches. Now that I see it, I think thatonly a twig can do thatkind of “damage”. Probably HBO wants to keep its teenage audience happy? A pity because a” real” scar would look greatin Jon´s face. For now let us hopeit´s only a minor wound due to a tree.

I sincerely hope it’s just a minor scar from another wound, but I wonder if they’d give him scars twice in a season (the eagle-attack happens in Jon’s last chapter in CoK).

148. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

andrea: Probably HBO wants to keep its teenage audience happy?

17-years-old here: i’d love to see a “real” scar, HBO, please!
    It would look great :)

Knurk: (the eagle-attack happens in Jon’s last chapter in CoK)

no, it’s Jon’s second chapter in Storm. I remember that, b/c the first time I read it I actually thought he had lost an eye.

149. darquemode
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

More Iceland set photos of Jon Snow and the scenery here.

150. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici,

you’re right, shame on me for trusting Wikipedia.

151. the goat
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

Sorry, ser, but Orell attacks Jon in his second chapter of ASoS. Of course, this could be moved to Season 2.

152. andrea
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Knurk: the eagle-attack

jijijiji I wasn´t talking about the eagle attack. I was saying that I thought you have eagle eyes because I didn´t notices those scratches. Also (and strangely) I do remember that the eagle attack is in ASoS.

153. andrea
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: 17-years-old here: i’d love to see a “real” scar, HBO, please!
    It would look great :)

you’re outrageously young I know but I remember you also “fall” for elderly gentlemen so… Elena, if you don´t know it already, you’re not a typical teenager.

154. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

andrea,

jijijiji (what does that mean actually?) I know you were making compliments for my eyes (lol, I’ve got minus 6 eyes), I was replying to your statement that hopefully a tree has given him those pussy-scars.

155. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Knurk: jijijiji (what does that mean actually?)

i subscribe. I have some South-American friends who write this all the time and I’ve always wondered what it could mean.

andrea: you’re outrageously young I know but I remember you also “fall” for elderly gentlemen so…

It’s not my fault if guys my age are immature!! u.u
    (and they also don’t like science fiction, which is a *real* crime)

andrea: you’re not a typical teenager.

and proud of this, but i’d still like to see a real scar!! :D

156. emma
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

the goat: Exactly.Killing the central character(s) is series suicide.That will absolutely never happen.

Sincerely,
    Ned Stark

Brilliant :D

157. andrea
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

jijijiji is hihihihi but letter “h” in spanish is mute so we use “j”… It is a chuckle Knurk.

Knurk: those pussy-scars.

I think a cat would do more harm but ok eagle eyes (I’ve got minus 3) . My twig vs your cat, we´ll see.
    Edit: Forget it, I didn´t read carefully what you wrote. Augh.
    But still… my twig Vs your cat (although you did not mean that… augh, what a day)

158. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: It’s not my fault if guys my age are immature!!

Hahaha! At 17 I actually found everyone my age to be immature, boys and girls alike, and now that I’m 31 I often find the people around me acting too serious and too mature :-)

andrea: you’re not a typical teenager.
    and proud of this

Amen to that! People that can be described as ‘typical’ or ‘normal’ at any age are only boring. ‘Different’ equals ‘interesting’!

159. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Sincerely,
    Ned Stark

Mouhahahhahaahaaaa! Tonight is comedy night apparently – loving it!

160. andrea
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: and proud of this, but i’d still like to see a real scar!!

of course, you must be proud. We all want to see a real scar I guess.

161. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho: Amen to that! People that can be described as ‘typical’ or ‘normal’ at any age are only boring.

Yeah, being normal is sad. I’ve being trying to explain this to my dad for a while now, he almost agrees with me now :D

andrea: We all want to see a real scar I guess

But I have this horrible feeling that we won’t..

162. Knurk
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

andrea,

Now I’ll always hear Earnie laughing when I see jijijiji.

Elena Amici: It’s not my fault if guys my age are immature!! u.u

another question, what kind of smiley is u.u?

163. Jim Fischer
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Toine: haha baldur’s gate 2 music. brillant.

Yes! I was just going to post the same comment.

164. Elena Amici
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Knurk: another question, what kind of smiley is u.u?

It’s a pedant, relaxed smile. Kinda know-it-all face.. It’s quite popular here in Italy and it’s my favorite :D (guess why?)

PS: Good night everybody!

165. Dreamlife
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

the goat:

Sincerely,
    Ned Stark

This!

I’m laughing at the arguments/ funny comments I caused by suggesting Jon Snow is gonna die. Too funny! Glad to know folks have a sense of humor. :P

PS: I finally got a chance to see the pictures. Love Jon’s scars. They look realistic, without being distracting.

166. Luana
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

Hey, in that video from the set in Iceland, D&D are wearing Canada Goose parkas! No wonder they don’t look cold. :-)

167. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 4:26 am | Permalink

andrea:

I think, a twig would make sense as the cause for the “scars” (= scratches that probably wouldn’t even leave a scar). Seriously, my cat does worse things to my arms when we play. ;)

168. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Lisa: Seriously, my cat does worse things to my arms when we play.

Do you have a direcat?

169. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: Do you have a direcat?

Yes, I do. Well, a miniature direcat. ;)

170. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 5:37 am | Permalink

Lisa: Yes, I do. Well, a miniature direcat. ;)

Something like this? :D

171. Hilda
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 5:49 am | Permalink

I seriously had a sqeee moment seeing Kit! He looks amazing…and it looks very cold there! I don’t suppose we will be seeing any naked Jon Snow will we? I mean it can happen at some point! LOL!

This has been an amazing week for GoT news! It all makes me sooo happy!

172. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 6:01 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: Something like this? :D

this made my day! :D

Hilda: I don’t suppose we will be seeing any naked Jon Snow will we? I mean it can happen at some point!

probably next season. I think we’re going to see some naked Robb Stark though :)

173. Hilda
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 6:12 am | Permalink

Oh,I am so down for some Naked Robb too!! LOL!

174. Dreamlife
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 7:08 am | Permalink

I’m on board for naked Robb, Jon, and Jaime :P

175. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 7:37 am | Permalink

Hilda:
    Oh,I am so down for some Naked Robb too!! LOL!

Dreamlife:
    I’m on board for naked Robb, Jon, and Jaime :P

what? no love for naked theon and his abs?
    shame on you!

176. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 8:31 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: Something like this? :D

Oh god, I didn’t know that that picture of my cat existed! :D

Elena Amici:
    what? no love for naked theon and his abs?
    shame on you!

Well, we’ve already seen Theon, so it’s time for something new. ;)

177. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Lisa: Well, we’ve already seen Theon, so it’s time for something new. ;)

178. Chai_latte
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Hilda:
    Oh,I am so down for some Naked Robb too!! LOL!

Dreamlife:
    I’m on board for naked Robb, Jon, and Jaime :P

Elena Amici,

Also reminds me of why I love HBO. They produce quality shows while still appealing to my most basal sensibilities :)

179. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Elena Amici: We’ve actually seen both Jon and Robb shirtless, so I guess now it’s Jaime’s time (RM has a really nice butt, BTW. Y’all should check out Sirens if you haven’t yet ;) )

I meant, that we’ve seen naked Theon already, so now it’s someone else’s turn. ;)

Chai_latte:

I second that. :D

180. Nick Larter
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Looks like Rose Leslie in the crowd (not in costume) at 5:35 in the long clip

181. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Chai_latte: Lol. This discussion reminds me of the shirtless scene between Robb, Jon, Theon in season 1.

eye candy *-*

182. Hilda
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Chai_latte,

I love that pic! I loved that scene! Poor Jon,he was not happy about his hair getting cut!

But seriously,if they can show Roz and Dany naked,we need to see some more good looking men getting naked…even it up a little! Yes,I know We got some Theon nudity,but he was so unimpressive!
    Now Kit…has a nice upper body! Can’t wait to see a little more of that!

183. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Nick Larter:
    Looks like Rose Leslie in the crowd (not in costume) at 5:35 in the long clip

I did my best but I couldn’t find her.

184. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Hilda: We got some Theon nudity,but he was so unimpressive!

Please, take a look at this pic again.

Chai_latte: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljlsdg6j4M1qis07wo1_500.jpg

Anyway, I agree that we need more guys taking their clothes off. Now, what about a male equivalent of Ros? A gigolo who can be in the background during sexposition scenes?

185. emma
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 10:58 am | Permalink

I want naked Hound!!!!! Future scenes in future series, his fight with the lightning lord…. a nice scene of a topless Hound having his wounds tended :) I think us female fans deserve a few more treats…. I’m fed up of lady-bits & boobies!

(but if they show the Pink Mast in all its glory…. There are some things a girl doesn’t need to see….)

I demand a calender of GoT guys. Lovely!

186. Nick Larter
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Lisa: I did my best but I couldn’t find her.

Kit walks up a slope in front of a group of people – stops and turns to go back down – at 5:35 his back is pointed square at the camera and I think it’s her standing between Chris Newman and a guy in a red parka, over Kit’s right shoulder

187. Michael
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Things have devolved away from the prior discussion, but let’s parse out what he actually says:

“People can expect that no one that they love is safe, and that people that they care about are not going to make it out of the year and that some people that make it through the books, don’t make it through the show alive.”

You have to think about this quote in the context of the show not the books. It’s very likely he’s talking about characters we’ve already fallen in love with and already know. Some of this may connect to deaths upcoming in the books including Renly, Mormont, Robb and Catelyn but it seems clear they are planning on killing characters who make it through the books, but don’t serve much of a real purpose.

What’s not totally clear is whether or not he’s talking long term or just for this season. If it’s just for this season, most of the major characters are likely safe, my guesses would be Gendry (does he really serve a purpose after ACOK? other than Arya’s proto-romantic interest?, Rickon (if the reeds are cut, having Rickon die would simplify things), Bronn (how he’s moving up the ladder is interesting, but he’s more of a sidekick for Tyrion, not a real player) or Theon (this would be VERY controversial given ADWD, but if Ramsay Bolton/Reek has been cut, it’s quite possible that the entire story line has been excised which would streamline things and make Theon expendable).

It’s also possible that he was talking long term, not just for this season, but for the series. In that case it could be anybody. But even still my best guesses for character deaths that we haven’t seen in the books would be the same as above, Gendry, Rickon, Bronn & Theon plus Sam and Sansa, who I think are the most minor of the major characters

188. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Nick Larter,

Ah, okay, now I see it. It was at 6:03 in the embedded video. Could be her.

189. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Michael,

Dance spoiler —> which is why I’m sure ****Jon** isn’t dead

Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Michael, a good break-down, but I think we have to look at Dan’s statement as addressing two different portions of fans.

“People can expect that no one that they love is safe, and that people that they care about are not going to make it out of the year”

I’m thinking that here he is talking to those fans who haven’t read the books and referring to events we book fans already know about.

“and that some people that make it through the books, don’t make it through the show alive.”

It seems after teasing the non-book readers, he wanted to throw something in that would make even book fans sit up and take notice, so he dropped this little nugget. The thing is, I’m not sure we can take what he said before about characters we “love” or “care about” as a part of this statement. I think it is more likely that he is referring to minor characters who are being killed off (like Mago in season one).

191. emma
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici:
    Michael,

Dance spoiler —> which is why I’m sure ****Jon** isn’t dead

Sansa is no way a minor character…. she’s got lots of major roles in future episodes (along with Arya, Sandor, Jon etc….) if they get rid of her, they may as well kill off Littlefinger….

I hope to the god of many faces that any characters they kill off are minor ones, I’m still reeling from the fact they haven’t cast Blackfish, but appear to be making bigger roles for minor characters like Rickard Karstark (though after reading the books again, I guess he is fairly constant in some of Catelyns scenes).

I’m trying not to get to wrapped up in all the theories, esp since all the names people put forward are blanked out so I can’t even see who is being talked about! I don’t really see the need to ‘kill off’ any of the major characters, it’ll be bad enough in the next series when they film the Red Wedding!!!! The fans who don’t read the books will be in for a nastier shock than ‘Baelor’…. Even knowing that’s going to happen makes me pout :(

192. Shinyteapot
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

It may well be that some minor but popular characters get killed off. Quite a few who didn’t really stand out in the books have become far more interesting on screen, and hence you’d get more reaction if some were killed.

Michael,

The story arc you mention was the best part of ADWD, I hope it stays! I still don’t like Theon, he’s been through utter hell yet managed to remain a self centred arsehole. But it’s a very well told story, shocking, effective and shows what it really means when you wish all manner of horrors on a ‘bad guy’. Should be included I think. Though I’d love it all to fit in one series- it’s a good self contained arc- and am not sure that will happen.

193. Elena Amici
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

emma,

I don’t think killing off LF would be half as bad as killing Sansa. Anyway, I know almost everybody here has read the books, but you should hide your spoilers.. use the tag and without the “m”

Posted December 2, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

So apparently there’s another volcano in Iceland that may be getting close to a major eruption… which could have global effects. I wonder how that might affect filming? Probably not at all, if they’re almost finished.

195. andrea
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Lisa,

yes! it´s a twig, had to be. Cats yes… I understand.

196. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Lex,

There have been reports about Katla erupting already in summer. Apparently, the volcano has been showing signs of activity for quite a while now. Let’s just hope that it calms down again. :)

197. andrea
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Lex,

Well, here we have a volcano erupting (cinder) for several months now and it brings many problems, air-traffic above all but economic also. So, air-traffic it´s the only thing that could affect the production if they already finished filming.

198. Lisa
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

andrea,

Katla is a pretty big volcano, though, so an eruption would also involve a lot of ash raining down and I guess that could affect the production (as well as the Icelandic economy, let’s not forget that).

199. andrea
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Lisa,

Lisa: a lot of ash raining down

for that reason I said if they finish filming before the volcano erupts (or maybe I´m wrong). They couldn´t shoot (or breath) with ash, it´s terrible.

200. Daniel Bentson
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Dumb move. It is truly upsetting when they deviate. I would guess Jorah.

201. Grant Dick
    Posted December 2, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

Dreamlife,

Getting my geek on knowing this, and i’m sure someone has picked up on this already, but the music is from the game Baldur’s Gate; or at least some of it is.

202. loco73
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 2:35 am | Permalink

I don’t know what that lady at the begining of video said, but she looked and sounded hot doing it! Who is she and how can we get her on E-harmony? Better yet, can we hire her to work on “Game Of Thrones”/HBO?

Winter…with your new found power and influence, can you hire her?

203. loco73
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 2:38 am | Permalink

All I got was that part of her name is Elva, because the rest of it I can’t pronounce and it looks like it was written in braille…

204. emma
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 5:37 am | Permalink

Elena Amici:
    emma,

I don’t think killing off LF would be half as bad as killing Sansa. Anyway, I know almost everybody here has read the books, but you should hide your spoilers.. use the tag andwithout the “m”

205. Elena Amici
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 8:39 am | Permalink

emma: Sorry, I assumed that any words associated with the show would be blacked out! Apologies to any non-readers!

I don’t know what happened to that comment :D I tried to show you how to do, but my my spoiler tags disappeared. Well, nevermind :D

206. emma
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Elena Amici,

Ah! I have just realised theres a spoiler button on here…. I’m such a muppet… I know nothing…. :D

207. Michael
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

No multi-quote, but this works best, despite the length…

“Elena Amici,

How is Sansa a minor character? If you mean that she doesn’t influence much the overall story arc, then Arya and Jon are minor characters too. And, IMO, whoever is being built as a major character but has yet to influence the main story is NOT going to be killed.”

I didn’t say Sansa is a minor character, I said she is the most minor of the major characters. In terms of narrative, Sansa does very little, she’s more of a witness than an actor. Sam seems very similar to me, at least at this point in the books, Sam doesn’t really do anything. Bran doesn’t really need to meet him going to the wall to hook up with Coldhands, Arya doesn’t really need to meet him in Braavos, what we don’t know currently is what role Sam will play now that he’s along for the ride with Oldtown crew. I like his storyline, just like I like Sansa’s storyline, but neither of their stories compares to the MAJOR characters in the series (book and TV), and if I had to pick someone who is a major character that they were going to kill off, they seem like the only ones who are potentially expendable.

“Winter Is Coming,

I’m not sure we can take what he said before about characters we “love” or “care about” as a part of this statement. I think it is more likely that he is referring to minor characters who are being killed off (like Mago in season one).”

I guess we’ll see, but I have a feeling they are priming us for major changes that will gradually occur as the TV series moves forward. If it were more Mago like deaths, I don’t think they would have mentioned it, because really characters like that don’t matter. I can’t imagine there was much love for Mago before his throat got ripped out on the show.

“Shinyteapot,

I agree, but if there’s no Ramsay, why tell the Theon story? That whole story arc in ADWD is arguably the best part of the book, but it would seem like Ramsay would have to be there in this season in order to make that work, so that’s why I included Theon who knows what’s going to happen, that’s what I love about the series and the show. I think a lot of readers won’t like changes, but I appreciate being kept on my toes, even though I think I know what’s going to happen, it will be twice as shocking if a major change does happen!

208. Elena Amici
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Michael: I didn’t say Sansa is a minor character, I said she is the most minor of the major characters

and this is IMO not true. She has a lot of screen time, so she’s probably going to be quite important. Jon has been more a witness than an actor for four books, and I don’t think he’s minor. Same about Arya.
    Oh, well, i guess it’s just a matter of opinions

209. StrongBelwas
    Posted December 3, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Yet another report from Iceland, http://visir.is/enginn-oruggur-i-game-of-thrones/article/2011111209651.

Nothing major going on here that hasn’t already been said in the previous video. They talk about Ned Starks execution and that Sean Bean was happy to get a replica of his own head. Dan Weiss talks about how surprisingly good the pizza was in Iceland. They again warn ASOIAF experts about flonting their knowledge because surpises are ahead, as has been much discussed here.

The reporter says they weren’t allowed to film some of the actors and their presence was a top secret. Most likely that could be the Halfhand, Ygritte or the Lord o’Bones.

They also compare the sex life in GoT and LOTR and that Frodo Baggins and sex don’t have much in common.

Anyway, there is no huge new information going on here, mostly just for fun.

Strong Belwas needs liver and onions, I’m out.

210. Nick Larter
    Posted December 4, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

StrongBelwas,

The one new point (to me anyway) from the article is that they’d like to return to iceland to shoot in future seasons.

Lex,

It’s been intriguing me from the beginning that they’re shooting GoT north of the Wall stuff at a location that is perpetually under threat from its own ‘Hardhome’. If Katla goes up in the next few days we’d have a real case of life imitating art! :O

211. Laura
    Posted December 5, 2011 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Rose,

That was my first thought, as well.

212. Pangur Bán
    Posted December 6, 2011 at 5:15 am | Permalink

What if it’s Ghost? :-(

Now that I’ve ruined everyone’s Christmas (and introduced myself in the worst possible way!), I very much doubt the producers would be so cruel. However, sending Ghost to the big kennel in the sky would solve a lot of problems for the producers, such as traveling to other countries for location shooting, not needing CGI to make the dog bigger, and all the other reasons why filmmakers don’t like working with animals.

I’m sure Dave and DB are just teasing us, getting us all worked up in anticipation for season 2 next year, and it’s the second Dothraki on the right who gets an arrow through an eye. Dave and DB would never kill a puppy… would they?

213. Tickler's Gold
    Posted December 6, 2011 at 7:11 am | Permalink

My guess would be Hot Pie, Weasel and/or Pyat Pree…

214. Tomas
    Posted December 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Hi all,

Another segment was run tonight from the shoot in Iceland, this time on the Icelandic state TV, RUV. It was shown on the show “Djöflaeyjan“, which means Devils’ Island in Icelandic. The link to the show will probably be live in about 12hrs. or so, it’s the first segment of the show.

215. Ser Moller
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 4:55 am | Permalink

Tomas,

There is a glimpse of Ygritte in there!

216. Lisa
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Tomas,

Hm, the video’s not working for me, is it region blocked?

217. John
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Tomas,

The video is not working !

218. Domenico Barbato
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 9:00 am | Permalink

The Icelandic video is not working, but here are two blurry screenshots of Ygritte.

219. dizzy_34
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Domenico Barbato,

Thanks for the link! Looks like the Jon letting her go scene.

220. the goat
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Tomas,
    Domenico Barbato,

Thanks!

Reminds me of the Melisandre pic and vid. Hahaha, its so wrong that we get so excited about this stuff, but haters know nothing!

221. Elena Amici
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Domenico Barbato,

I’m really happy because I got to see two blurry pics. I should think about this

222. Lisa
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 9:56 am | Permalink

I’m glad I saw the video before they took it down. But yeah, the quality wasn’t very good and there were only short blurry glimpses of Ygritte (wasn’t really possible to get good screenshots). Nevertheless, I freaked out more than I should have. ;)

223. Domenico Barbato
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Elena Amici:
    Domenico Barbato,

We should all think deeply about this.
    But first, I’ll watch those screencaps for another hour or so…

224. Lisa
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Domenico Barbato,

Elena Amici,

Is it too early to start a support group? GoTaholics Anonymous?

225. the goat
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Lisa,

It’d be the first vice I’ve ever been proud of! Har!

Also, the meetings should be interesting, indeed.

“I sold my car to buy a dragonglass dagger from a street urchin. It was all a mummer’s farce!”
    “I missed my nephew’s Bar Mitzvah to watch a 2 minute trailer before Boardwalk.”

Hi, my name is the goat, and I’m a Throne-aholic.

226. Tomas
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Hey all,

I will post link to video when it’s live, dunno what’s going on there…

227. Lisa
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Tomas:
    Hey all,

I will post link to video when it’s live, dunno what’s going on there…

The video was already available but it looks like they took it down.

228. Elena Amici
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Lisa:
    Domenico Barbato,

Elena Amici,

Is it too early to start a support group? GoTaholics Anonymous?

(serious voice)Hello. I’m Elena and I’m a GoTaholic.
    (incredibly bored voice)Everybod: ….Hello Elena!
    (proud voice)I haven’t watch a GoT episode in more than 2 months. Maybe even three. Although I was reading Dance one week ago, does this count?
    …..

Yes, I can see this. As long as we meet somewhere with an Internet connection ;)

229. Lisa
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: (serious voice)Hello. I’m Elena and I’m a GoTaholic.
    (incredibly bored voice)Everybod: ….Hello Elena!
    …..

Hi, I’m Lisa and I’m a GoTaholic. I haven’t watched an episode of GoT in 2 months but today I watched a video that gave us a very blurry glimpse of a new character and was more excited about this than I should have been. ;)

….

Of course we need to have an internet connection, how are we going to check for updates otherwise? :D

230. Domenico Barbato
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Lisa:
    Domenico Barbato,

Elena Amici,

Is it too early to start a support group? GoTaholics Anonymous?

I actually think it might be too late, but whatever :D

Hi, I’m Dom and I’m a GoTaholic. I haven’t watched an episode of GoT in two months, but I check WiC daily and often find myself whistling GoT’s main theme, and I’m considering a complete ASoIaF reread. I’m beyond help now.

231. Elena Amici
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Domenico Barbato: I check WiC daily and often find myself whistling GoT’s main theme
    I’m beyond help now.

No offense, but you definitively are.

232. Domenico Barbato
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: No offense, but you definitively are.

Well, it’s really catchy, and lately it’s either that or random tracks from Doctor Who, so… :D

233. Justin Ashlock
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

I bet it’s just something like them focusing on just one of the Mountain’s men, like Raff the Sweetling, or Shitmouth. Then they kill him instead of Chisik.

234. Tomas
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Lisa: The video was already available but it looks like they took it down.

Here’s the real thing
    “Game of Thrones á Íslandi”

235. Elena Amici
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

Tomas: Here’s the real thing
    “Game of Thrones á Íslandi”

it’s only 54 seconds :(

236. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Elena Amici: it’s only 54 seconds :(

Booohoooohooooo, that’s criminally cut short!! I wanted to look at this and then go to bed with a good feeling, but now I’m just too frustrated…

237. Elena Amici
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

don’t tell me!! :(
    good night everbody!

238. Tar Kidho
    Posted December 8, 2011 at 2:57 am | Permalink

Elena Amici,

Aw, that wasn’t a good night’s sleep. Count me in for GoTaholics Anonymous :)

1. [...] that a character who doesn’t die in the book will die in the show.  Our friends over at Winter-is-Coming also confirm this to be the case.  We assume this will be a relatively minor character but we [...]

2. [...] (thanks to Tumblr of Thrones for the heads up). The video goes over much of the same stuff that the previous Iceland reports did, but it gives us our first glimpse at Rose Leslie in costume as Ygritte. Check it out! (Ygritte [...]