Quick Hits: Dinklage a stud, Dothraki profiled and downloads a’plenty
- Peter Dinklage named Stud of the Year by GQ Magazine. The article is accompanied by Peter featured in some very Tyrion-like, and therefore not safe for work, photos.
- Game of Thrones is nominated in a bunch of categories in TV.com’s Best of 2011 polls including best new series, best drama, Sean Bean as best actor, and Daenerys Targaryen as biggest badass. Voting closes on Jan 2nd, so you have a week left to vote!
- The American Film Institute named Game of Thrones one of its top 10 TV programs of the year.
- Thronecon, an unofficial Thrones fan convention, has rescheduled its event until March 16-18 and also added two new guests, Sophie Turner and Peter Dinklage.
- The New York Times has a great article on David J. Peterson and his role in creating the Dothraki language. Speaking of which, if you are interested in Dothraki, be sure to check out the official Dothraki blog, run by David, and the Dothraki fan site, Learn Dothraki.
- Postmedia News reporter Chris Lackner has a nice feature story on Game of Thrones as part of its “2011′s Entertainment Newsmakers” series. The story contains new quotes from Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams and Charles Dance that Lackner got at a recent set visit. A good read.
- Here’s something HBO probably isn’t thrilled to read about, but does provide further evidence of the show’s popularity. According to Torrent Freak, Game of Thrones was the second-most pirated TV show of the year with over 3 million downloads per episode. The article says that, on average, the amount of users downloading TV shows in the US has decreased and notes that most downloads now come from overseas, where people would rather torrent their favorite show than be forced to wait for it to air in their country. I’m going to guess that this is where the bulk of those 3.4 million Thrones downloads came from.