It is time to round up some more awards and nominations – some came in just before the holiday season, others already in the new year.
- The International Press Academy chose the winners of Satellite Awards and Peter Dinklage was named the best supporting actor on TV (award shared with Ryan Hurst of the Sons of Anarchy fame).
- The IGN panel dished out their Best of 2011 honours; Game of Thrones won three Ned-centric ones – Best hero (Ned Stark), Best twist, and Best episode (Baelor). The overall IGN winners in each category, Best series included, are going to be announced on January 17, to my understanding. On the same date, the IGN People’s Choice 2011 winners will be revealed, do not forget to vote!
- These awards are not to be confused with the 38th People’s Choice Awards, where GoT is nominated in the category of Favourite cable TV drama. Winners to be announced in a week, on Jan 11.
- TV.com readers voted for the best TV of 2011, and Thrones won in two of the categories, Best new series and Best drama series. Well done! Another confirmation of the wide appeal of the show.
- The Art Directors Guild nominated GoT for a production design award, based on episode 106, A Golden Crown. Congrats to Gemma Jackson! Decision forthcoming on Feb 4.
- What January 2012 is still going to bring: the 69th Golden Globes ceremony on Jan 15 (2 GoT noms), the Producers Guild of America Awards on Jan 21 (1 nom), the 18th Screen Actors Guild Awards on Jan 29 (2 noms), plus a bunch of possible further nominations.