MGoT: On Our Way to Iceland
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Media.

A new post is up at Making Game Of Thrones, detailing Cat Taylor’s thoughts on the filming to come in Iceland. It appears the entry was written just before initial filming began, and is not about any current shooting in Iceland.

As I type this, I am on a late-night plane from Heathrow to Reykjavik, and I could not be more excited. For me, the last few days have been endless packing and sorting as I close down the office for the guys until we find out about Season 3, but suddenly I am on the plane and flying over the UK, Scotland and then north.

North of the Wall. Multiple locations, 18 days. The wildlings, the wolves and worse all await us. For Jon and the Watch, it’s a journey of discovery. For me it’s a journey of 4x4s and quad bikes.

There is no doubt that shooting will be a challenge. Remote locations, only four or five hours of light each day and challenging weather, but I cannot wait for the chance to see a country I have always wanted to visit in the way we will. The Icelandic government has given the show access to locations that you could not go as a regular visitor. We are going at the perfect time for snow and possibly the Northern Lights.

What more could you possibly ask for (other than extra gloves)?

Ours is the Fury: There’s no new information on the filming in the latest MGoT post, but it’s always great to hear from Cat Taylor. I’d be interested to hear how she feels about her journey now that it’s completed.

1. Knurk
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Gheh, quick coincedence that a very popular dutch tv-show (the Mole) that is filmed in Iceland this year just used the GoT-soundtrack.

Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

That’s cool that Iceland let them use some normally off-limits locations. I’m really excited about these north of the Wall scenes, they should look amazing.

Also, that photo looks like the cover to an indie rock album. Helen Sloan is a very talented photographer (too bad they won’t let her take pictures of the actual characters!).

3. OhDanyBoy
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming:

Oh, they probably do. They just don’t let us see them. *shakes fist*

4. john
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Did I miss something ? I mean it’s three short paragraphs completely lacking in substance. It’s one person gushing about how going to Iceland for her first time is going to be amazing. Nothing about the show at all.

Plus it’s about an event that happened months ago. It’s one thing if she would post those short updates regularly in real time, but like this? Not the quality we’ve come to expect from HBO.

5. OhDanyBoy
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

john,

Actually, if you were here last year during the same timeframe, it’s exactly what we’ve come to expect from the MGoT blog. We got lots of updates months after the fact last year as well.

6. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

I have to wonder if HBO is being more careful this year with the MGoT tidbits because the GoT fans have been so good at sussing out details from the reports.

7. Sam
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

I’m just excited to see some stuff north of the wall. Plus, if John and the halfhand are out and about and see the northern lights, that would be too cool.

8. Two Feathers
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Ha Ha ! I`m going to Iceland with GOT, and getting paid for it, and your not!……..Jeez!
    These MGoT snippets are not worth the effort.

9. John
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers:
    These MGoT snippets are not worth the effort.

I agree, I don’t see the point of them if it’s just about her experience there . If she wants to talk about it why doesn’t she do it on her own blog or something not the one about the show . I want to hear about the tv series not about some random crap that nobody cares about .

10. Epic my 2 cents
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers: These MGoT snippets are not worth the effort.

Didn’t really care before but they are getting exponentially more ridiculous.

11. Bro
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Ooh wouldn’t it be great if they could catch Aurora Borealis on camera? Would be a gorgeous backdrop in any scene. But I agree that these diary entries from MGoT give us absolutely nothing of worthy info!
    BTW Fury, isn’t this your first report? Here’s to many more in the future!

Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Congrats on the first post, Fury! :)

13. Two Feathers
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Epic my 2 cents: exponentially

Like it………….:)

14. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

BTW Fury, isn’t this your first report? Here’s to many more in the future!

Congrats on the first post, Fury! :)

Thanks! Perhaps a slightly more exciting report would’ve been a nice debut, but hey, I’ll take what I can get. :)

15. Knurk
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

I gotta agree with the people saying these MGOT-blogs are pretty worthless. This is almost as bad when they thought we would get excited about a picture of a fucking chair. It’s like these people are thinking: “What is the lamest thing we can throw at these fanboys before they get angry with us?”

16. Fire And Blood
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Fury, this MGOT article was horrible!

And it’s all your fault!

(Hazing: it’s not just for Daily Grace.)

Posted January 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

I’ve been very critical of all the MGOT posts and general lack of trailer/photos, etc… but to be honest, now that the show is getting closer, I’m actually kind of happy about it. I was already close to trailer-fatigue by this time last year, whereas this time I’ve barely seen anything and I’m totally unspoiled!

18. Abyss
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Off-Topic:
    It seams like as if the guy wo stalks after Sophie Turner has changed some of the entrys on the Game of Thrones Wikia…

That guy really needs to be stoped!

19. David Gilroy
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Lex,

On point as usual. Lack of trailers and promo stuff this year is only going to make the end product more exciting and enjoyable!

20. loco73
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

On another note, while watching the “Cold Winds Are Rising” teaser for the umpteenth time on YouTube, in the comments section someone mentioned that the 3 hornblasts we hear towards the end of the trailer are signals of the Night’s Watch:

1 blast a Ranger is returning, 2 blasts for wildlings, 3 blasts the signal for The Others/The White Walkers…

I’ve only just begun to read “A Song Of Ice And Fire”, I’m now devouring the first few chapters of “A Game Of Thrones”…so is that true about the 3 hornblasts or whatever they are?

21. Shinyteapot
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

That’s horrible. Edited the wiki to remove comments on Sophie’s and Maisie’s pages as well as the page he wrote about himself. Hope the admins take appropriate action.

22. loco73
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

There is someone stalking Sophie Turner!? Any info on this fucker? What can we do to help?

23. Shinyteapot
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

loco73,

He (assuming it is actually a he and he’s not using a proxy) has broadband from a UK supplier (according to whois, look at the edit history on the wiki). The site admins could inform the police tomorrow if they wish. (There’s no point trying at 2.30am, emergencies only).

24. Abyss
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Shinyteapot,

Thanks, I wasn’t exactly sure how to do it. – Btw, a big lol from me for the editing of his page.^^

25. Shinyteapot
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

Let’s hope the admins take the hint :)

Just click edit and type, you don’t need to sign up.

Sadly, it’s just as easy for those attempting to bring trolling to a new low (and I really hope that’s all it is) as for those trying to stop them.

If there’s no news tomorrow I could report it, but it’s better coming from those who run the site and can supply logs than from me. For now it’s nearly 3am and thus bedtime. Goodnight all!

26. dizzy_34
    Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

loco73,

Posted January 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

David Gilroy:
    Lex,

On point as usual.

LOL, thanks!

28. sjwenings
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 12:36 am | Permalink

Abyss: Off-Topic:

That guy really needs to be stoped!

Probably some spineless weirdo sitting in a basement all day not actually capable of doing anything. Thats how it ususally is. But ofcourse, some kind of action shoud be taken. Just deleted what was there (again)

29. G_Lee
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:47 am | Permalink

That’s the first time I heard about this so I just checked the wiki and saw his edit on Maisie’s profile.
    I removed that part but I’m afraid he’ll post it again as soon as he can.
    How pathetic is that? I actually feel sorry for this kind of sick individual.
    I would still punch him in the face if I saw him but pity him nonetheless.
    I hope they inform the police. It’s better than doing nothing.

30. Thiago Slash
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

loco73:

1 blast a Ranger is returning, 2 blasts for wildlings,3 blasts the signal for The Others/The White Walkers…

that’d be truly spoilerific /o/
    I hope people o youtube have more caution on their posts there, in the future.

but if you don’t mind spoilers: yes, it is =P

31. BenofThrones
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

These mgot posts have become worse each time with even worse pics.

32. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Thiago Slash: that’d be truly spoilerific /o/
    I hope people o youtube have more caution on their posts there, in the future.

They won’t. I’ve had to police the comments on my youtube uploads since the beginning. People write spoilers in constantly. Sometimes to be a jerk, and sometimes on accident. Some people feel that since the books have been out for years, they aren’t really spoilers. I delete comments regularly, but I suspect other uploaders aren’t as particular about GoT.

33. Thiago Slash
    Posted January 15, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

that’s a shame. a pity youtube hasn’t spoiler tags, too T.T