Game of Thrones to debut April 2 in UK
By Winter Is Coming on in News.

Just like last year, Sky Atlantic will be airing Game of Thrones one day after the US.

We’re more than a little excited to announce that the ten-episode second season of Game of Thrones will return to Sky Atlantic on Monday 2 April at 9pm, less than 24 hours after it returns in the US.

Based on George R.R. Martin’s best-selling book series A Song of Ice and Fire, the Golden Globe® and Emmy®-winning drama chronicles an epic struggle for power in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom.

Keep an eye on our international airings page as we expect more season two dates to be announced, now that HBO has confirmed their date.

Winter Is Coming: So you Brits will have to wait an extra day before joining the episode discussions, but hey, you do get the DVD/Blu-Rays a day sooner than us!

1. glamour86
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 9:42 am | Permalink

wowwwww!!!! I really really hope that in Italy it will get out sooner then winter 2012, but I think I can’t wait for WINTER-TO-COME….ihihih….sooooo I think I’m going to see it in April with all of you :D

2. John
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Does anyone know if that In Production video is out ?

3. Knurk
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 9:53 am | Permalink

You can add the Netherlands to that same date, from february HBO-Netherlands will be broadcasting the first season and in april they’ll have the same schedule as Sky Atlantic. Too bad it’s only available for a small portion of the public because in the Netherlands you can’t switch your cableprovider that easily, it’s all dependant on where you live.

Edit for a link: http://www.itshbo.nl/series/game-of-thrones/about

Posted January 17, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Added to the Airings page already. How are they going to show 10 eps of the first season before April 2?

5. Knurk
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

They’ll have to do 2 episodes in 1 week 2 times so that’s not that big a problem. They state it pretty clearly they’re planning to show every new tv-show 1 day after the premier-date in the USA.

Posted January 17, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Very cool! :) Making up for the one-year delay.

7. Knurk
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Yeah, but still pretty lame it’ll take months before other providers can add HBO to their packet. Only 2 millions households have Ziggo.

8. Epic pinafores
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Super!!! Lucky me, that’s my birthday. What a wonderful gift from HBO and D&D! Can’t wait.

9. Thiago Slash
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

can’t wait for the Brazilian date!
    but the tv is not the only place I can watch it =P

10. EvilPicnic
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Cool, same set-up as last year then? Same agonising avoidance of this site for 24 hours… how will I cope? :p

11. Hollyoak
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Just saw a spot for GoT replay of Season One beginning January 26th, leading up to the premier of season two!

Even though I have seen the whole season a few times as a marathon, it’ll be nice to watch every Thursday as we head into season two!

12. Lars
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 11:58 am | Permalink

EvilPicnic:

Get used to it.

If it was a same-day premiere, it would in practice mean that Sky Atlantic would actually show the episodes a few hours before HBO due to time zone difference. And I don’t think HBO will ever accept that for an HBO production.

13. darquemode
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Permalink
  14. loco73
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Just a reminder to all Canucks on this here fine site that in Canada the premiere will be on the same day as in the US, Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 9pm. HBO Canada simulcasts most of the premiere HBO shows with its US counterpart.

That countdown clock is sure moving in the right direction…

15. The Rabbit
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

As for HBO Adria – I teased them the other day we knew for the US premiere.

They answered diplomaticly that they would confirm the date as soon as it would be official.
    I hope it would be April the second.

16. Borna
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

HBO Adria stinks, they only now started showing season 2 of BE… I think I will be watching season 2 of GoT via torrents, thank you very much…

17. The Rabbit
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Borna,

Your choice.
    I ll do everything to help the series I like to “stay alive”.
    So, I have HBO Adria and I am paying extra money for it.
    On the other hand it is true that they are pretty late with other HBO original series, but perhaps they would change that in future.
    It started with Thornes last year and this year the premiere of Luck is only a day after US premiere.

18. EvilPicnic
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Lars: Get used to it.

I am well aware of that, thank you. It is certainly the best that can be hoped for.

Doesn’t change the fact I will have to restrict my access to this website during that time… :(

19. MARK
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Dear Editors,

I cringe when I see outdated information.

I just went to the international airings page that was linked to in this blog post [http://winteriscoming.net/features/international-airings/]… and this is what I saw: “All dates are 2011, unless stated otherwise, and concern the premiere of the first season”.

Please correct this as soon and as fast as possible before my head blows up.

Best Regards,
    MARK

20. Balerion
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I am looking forward to the show. It’s awesome! But… i am more looking forward to book 6 and 7. Because i think GRRM has to pick up the pace again. Book 4 and 5 were boring. Not enough action at all. I hope GRRM by now has all puppets where he wants them and fires up the story again.

21. rad
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Yaay can’t wait! This makes my Sky subsvription worth it :D

22. The Kingslayer
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Sky Atlantic has fast become my favorite channel, only FX rivals it.

23. Josh Atreides
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

loco73,

Now if only HBO Canada aired the same teasers and featurettes as its US counterpart.

24. Josh Atreides
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Balerion,

That’s my hope exactly. I feel 4 and 5 sets up what is to come.

25. Stannis
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Just saw the film ’44 inch chest’ with Stephen Dillane. The man is a beast!!!!! I am sooooo damn excited for season 2, never have I been more excited for television. Can’t wait to see dragonstone, iron islands and storm’s end in the title sequence too!

26. Bro
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

I think I can live with the one day delay! No problemo HBO.

27. Ryan P. Brown
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

“Really hope we can shoot here longer next year and even longer the year after that…” ?

THAT is what I like to hear!

28. loco73
    Posted January 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Josh Atreides,

Yeah they are notoriously slow in doing that. I pretty much ignore the HBO Canada website since it seems to take them forever to update it! They only added the “Cold Winds Are Rising” teaser recently….so that gives you an idea…

Still, I’m grateful for having the opportunity to see the show at the same time as in the States…

Posted January 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

MARK,

I am sorry about your head.

Sincerely,
    HmR

30. Chris
    Posted January 18, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

lol. cant wait for s2, first day of half term break, yes boys!

31. Buy Powder Steroids
    Posted May 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked
    hard on. Any tips?