New Art Direction video released
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Media, Production.

HBO has released a new Game of Thrones production video, focusing on Art Direction, only available on the HBO App (iOS, Android). Downloading HBO’s application is free, if you haven’t already downloaded it! The short clip includes interviews with Gemma Jackson (Production Designer), Frank Walsh (Art Director) and Tina Jones (Set Decorator).  The production design for season two is looking fantastic so far.

In the Art Direction clip, we get glimpses of:

• A gold-and-green beautifully decorated tent, presumably Renly’s
  • Joffrey’s red pavilion atop city walls, as seen in previous Dubrovnik production footage. Sketches of the King’s Landing streets and walls are also included.
  • the streets of Qarth, with Jorah Mormont, and views of the Qartheen people and birds. (Qarth is going to be incredible eye candy this season!)
  • a rough snowy house made with logs. I believe this to be Craster’s home. An actor is visible  near the door, but the film’s too blurry and dark to tell who it is. Maybe Craster himself?
  • Winterfell’s courtyard
  • the courtyard and ruinous walls of Harrenhal, with Tywin Lannister riding into the yard. There’s also a production sketch of the walls shown.
  • Theon and the Drowned Priest meeting on the shore at Pyke
  • Dragonstone, briefly. Also some small horned skulls are shown later – other wildlife, or the smaller dragons’ skulls, I’m not certain.

Fury: The video is short but has a lot of fresh footage. The set decoration is even more detailed than last season, which I’m really excited about. Check out the clip if you have access to the HBO app. Hopefully the video will be online in the near future and available to everyone at that point.

UPDATE:
Thanks to @wabawanga for providing us with screencaps from the vid. I’ve embedded a few of the most revealing shots below, the rest I’ve posted to our Tumblr.

UPDATE 2: The video is now available online at the Making Game of Thrones blog.

Harrenhal set

Craster's Keep

Joffrey in King's Landing

Winterfell Courtyard

1. Knurk
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Argh, no smartphone!

2. Bill leaves
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Which app so u need

3. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:27 am | Permalink

The HBO app- not the HBO Go application, but simply “HBO.”

4. Bill leaves
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Thanks. GOT and ASOIAF are taking over my life haha

Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Updated the post to include links to both the iOS and Android versions of the app. I’ve also reached out to HBO about if/when this video will be available online as I know not everyone has a smartphone (*raises hand*). They are looking into it and will get back to me. For now, if you have a smartphone, download the app and check it out and then let us know what you think!

6. Clob
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:33 am | Permalink

huh, didn’t know they had an app other than HBO GO. I also didn’t know Cinemax had a MAX GO app.

7. Lars
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Hmm. The only GOT video I can see from the app is the “Croatia” one that was released a few days ago.

Exactly where is the new video?

8. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Immediately after the Croatia video, in the list of Game of Thrones clips on the app.

9. G_Lee
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:40 am | Permalink

No such App in the German App-store…. of course.

10. Lars
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Ok I see it now. I had to go to the “programs” tab and find GOT, then click “videos”.
    (I had assumed it was linked from the GOT area in the “Home” tab, but that only contained the “Croatia” video)

11. Magnus
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:53 am | Permalink

The app isn’t even available in all countries.

12. fake-o name-o
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:58 am | Permalink

You can screen cap with iOS devices by clicking the home button and lock/power button at the same time. I have some screen caps from my iPad if you want em.

13. Lise Bollum
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

I love you both, App store and Android market – Norway
    anyways, I can be patient. This video sounds like it might be quite a treat, but then again, I akways love art direction videos like these.

Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

fake-o name-o:
    You can screen cap with iOS devices by clicking the home button and lock/power button at the same time.I have some screen caps from my iPad if you want em.

Yeah, sure. Send ‘em over. winteriscomingblog (at) gmail (dot) com

15. the goat
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

So……its absolutely impossible for this video file to be uploaded to the internet?

Well, shit, there’s your answer to piracy, Hollywood!
    Just release all your blockbuster movies strictly to smartphones! Problem solved!

16. Magnus
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

the goat:

Well, shit, there’s your answer to piracy, Hollywood!
    Just release all your blockbuster movies strictly to smartphones!Problem solved!

It isn’t impossible if you are good at hacking. It’s just a hassle.

17. Alexander Dubrovsky
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Not available in Israel either.

18. sunspear
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Off topic, but I just finished dance with dragons, and I wanted to ask a question:

Does anyone here really believe that Stannis is dead? Because I don’t buy it. Martin doesn’t kill of major characters without using a point of view that actually sees them die.

19. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

sunspear:

20. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Oh yeah, just wanted to give a shout out to our old friend Joe Campo. You have been of radar for too long buddy……….Has the enormity of your quest finally crushed your spirit?…:(
    On topic ………argh! also no smart phone.

21. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the spoiler tags WIC………Slipped my mind , trying to multi task…..without success………

22. Bill leaves
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Awesome video crasters holla

23. Filipe F.
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Whaaat? I have no smartphone, I want to see this too.

Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks to fake-o name-o for providing us with some screencaps. I added some of the most interesting ones to the post above for you guys to discuss. The rest I will post to our Tumblr. :)

25. dizzy_34
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Wow… I’m digging Craster’s keep.

26. Knurk
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

let’s assume he scored a role and he has to be hush-hush about it.

27. Handmaiden of Dany
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

I love Crasters house! It looks suitably creepy!

28. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Knurk:
    Two Feathers,

let’s assume he scored a role and he has to be hush-hush about it.

Yes indeed, good point…………rhymes wth sneak perhaps?………..:)

29. Coltaine777
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

You would think HBO Canada would have an app for us so we could see this …but once again they drop the ball …

30. the goat
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

The bonus chapter takes place before the end of ADWD, so it doesn’t change anything, but I still don’t think Stannis is dead.

31. Nick Larter
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

sunspear:

GRRM also said in an interview last year that Ramsay’s letter couldn’t necessarily be taken at face value, which I took to mean it might be true or it might not

32. BobJ
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Oh wow. Craster’s home looks a LOT like how I pictured it while reading. The lighting and mood is dead on. Not sure how different it will look when we see it on screen, but the dark gloominess I like a lot.

33. Rhieth
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

It makes me so sad that I am being discriminated because of my location. It’s like the 3rd GoT video/interview I can’t watch because it is not avaiable in my country, It always makes me wonder what is the problem with living in Essos… You people in Westeros get all the goodies.

34. Ashton Lee
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Fuck iPhones. This should be on Youtube by now.

35. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

the goat: Thanks for all the great stories, tips, and insights about your experience! Here’s hoping you get 5 to 10 more seasons of work! Cheers!

Awww!….Thanks . Nice of you to say. Its been amazing to have been a part of the show from the pilot. Hopefully I will be able to work a few days in every season. My next big target is to be at the RW. If I get a decent part for that, I think I could retire happy.
    Off to read that bonus chapter again.

36. john
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Apparently this app is not compatible with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). What the hell, it’s one of the most popular android phones out there..

37. dizzy_34
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

Careful, we’ll start petitioning you as Daario Naharis if you bring up the R word.

38. Idaan
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

That soldier in the thumbnail is going to hurt himself every time he shrugs or raises his arms. Other than that, I like it.

39. The Rabbit
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

Say Hi to Joe if you meet him..:)

On topic: No smartphone…

40. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

dizzy_34:
    Two Feathers,

LOL!…..And this is a bad thing, how? Actually I look just like him….:)
    On a different subject , I was interested to see the latest Winterfell courtyard photo. Am I right in thinking that the original Castle Ward location for Winterfell was not being used for season two after some issues were raised by the owners ? Is the Winterfell in these pics. made of plywood and fiberglass? I know there is a mystery set at Moneyglass estate, maybe this is the new Winterfell.

41. the goat
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Thanks for all the great screencaps! Amazing job!!

Two Feathers,

No prob, keep up the good work!! Hope you make it to the RW (and live through it!) Although now that I think about it, that would be legendary if you got to “die” in the RW! Don’t worry WiC.net Always Remembers! Good luck, ser!

Here’s GRRM’s blog post about the new chapter, as always its a tad vague as to chronology, but that’s what I was referring to: http://grrm.livejournal.com/257002.html

Cheers!

42. The Rabbit
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

I ve heard something similar of the Catsle Ward site, but I just do not recall where and when. Probably during the Titancon bus tour.

A small speculation on Joff s and his tent.
    Spoilers ahead:
    I am pretty sure this the Joff s birthday party filmed at St Lawrenece fortress.
    The small wall where Joff is keepin his foot on – is the the wall around the open space above another “room”. I am going to guess that some kind of melee is going on down there.

43. John
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Wtf , I don’t own a smartphone, how I am gonna watch this ? This is so stupid !

44. G_Lee
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

LOL at first I was like “awesome! Renly’s tent looks exactly like I pictured it in my mind” but after a few seconds I realised that there are probably not so many different ways for a tent to look, are there?

45. dizzy_34
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers: Actually I look just like him….:)

46. Domenico Barbato
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

The app is incompatible with my smartphone – somebody please youtube it! D:

47. Hexonx
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Just went to iTunes to get it & noticed there is a GoT Companion app in reference for 2.99. I’m wondering if any one here has it & if they would recommend it.

48. the goat
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

For those (like me) w/o an app, OITF upped some awesome screenshots here:

Ours is the Fury,
    Winter Is Coming,

Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

the goat: I’m not the sharpest spear in the shed, so am I missing the easy-to-find Wicnet tumblr button on the front page? If not, why not?

I just haven’t had time to add a Tumblr and Google+ link.

50. wyvernwood
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

I heard that the decision to go with a fabricated Winterfell had quite a bit to do with the hassle of taking it down and re-erecting due to the fact that Castle Ward is open to the public (and is difficult to lock-down too). The custom built set is more flexible, private, can be left there between seasons and of course the National Trust wont’ object when they burn it down !

Great seeing some of the artwork – particularly the concept sketches – for S2. I would love to see far more of the concept artwork for the series, and I would encourage HBO to perhaps assemble a collection in a book – I would order it at the drop of a hat.

51. Ours is the Fury
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I don’t blame HBO for giving an exclusive to their smartphone apps- they want to attract new people to download their app. I’m sure this video will be online shortly, one way or another. The ‘exclusives’ like that never stay hidden from GoT fans, we’re all too persistent. :)
    I have a Droid, but I don’t know how to hack anything on it, and I can’t hook it up to my TV or anything beyond the basics. I’ve got some more learning to do, I’m not that experienced with my phone.

52. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

dizzy_34: You have Gold teeth and a blue beard? Awesome! You’ll really stand out as a Northman ;)

I have the lithe physique,blue eyes and one gold tooth. The beard would have to be done using CGI, which would look as realistic as direwolf fur.

Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

The video is now online and embedded in the post above!

54. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Good work Winter. thats another nice little VT. It all looks really impressive, and the details are amazing. Seems I was right about Winterfell. The courtyard must have taken a lot of hard work to construct. Big ,big KUDOS to the team.
    And Crasters! How cool is that?

55. FicusFan
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Any chance for the video on YouTube?

I have an iPod and can’t see videos that use flash ?

56. Bro
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Nice little tidbits in there. Qarth is going to look amazing. I predict that when those scenes are shown I’ll be trying to look at every little detail in every shot. Impossible of course, when you have actual characters and dialogue to concentrate on!
    Craster’s Keep looks suitably creepy. Not some place I’d want to visit anytime soon! Well, not in reality anyway.

Two Feathers: My next big target is to be at the RW. If I get a decent part for that, I think I could retire happy.

You might have to retire after that particular event!

57. House Umber
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

WiC, FaB, OisF

Guys, are you aware that the mobile version of the site (at least on Android ver 2.3.3/gingerbread) doesn’t show the spoiler tags/blackout effect but instead highlights the spoilered text in BOLD type, drawing your eye to it?

Is this something you guys can take a look at it?

I had a major ADWD spoiler revealed today due to the bold type showing when scrolling through this post on my mobile phone… have been pretty gunked by it all told.
    I understand spoiler reveals are always possible anywhere on the net, but reckoned a post about the latest vid for Season 2 would have had a high % of not containing a major ADWD spoiler being highlighted!
    Just wanted to let you know incase anyone else is caught unawares.

(I blame thee Mr Two Feathers… if I see you on season 3 you’re getting a clip on the ear!)

58. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

House Umber,

Sorry you got spoiled HU…..But why would you blame me? Surely its your Android who should be punished.

59. Giantofstark
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

My phone also bolds the spoilers, I assumed that was the normal format. Thought it was a little strange as they are harder to avoid looking at. It did however encourage me to read all the books as soon as possible so I could read these pages without fear of reading (too many) spoilers.

Ap isn’t available in Japan either, what a ridiculous oversight HBO ;p

60. darquemode
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Nice of HBO to add this on Making Game of Thrones in just a number of hours!
    I don’t mind the idea of rolling out new videos on their own ap as long as they make it available elsewhere soon after.

I think the manic panic by Thrones fans unable to view the HBO ap only video probably gave this new ap a lot of word of mouth and twitter action. Mission accomplished HBO.

Onto the video…
    Wow great sutff! Always so much fun to me to see set sketches and concept art progress to diaramas and then to the real thing! This year’s sets look every bit as impressive as last years… perhaps more impressive!

61. Queensmoot
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Quarth is simply breathtaking in those shots. I was really hoping for a better look at the map table in Dragonstone than we got in the first “making of” video – oh well. Guess I’ll have till April 1st!

62. Lars
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

And speaking of spoilers – I’ve read ADWD, so I did not get spoiled…. BUT is there really a reason to bring it up here??? What POSSIBLE connection does this blog post have with ADWD?

63. julandro
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Wow… Awesome! It is clear that this season will be more costly HBO the best!

64. Two Feathers
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

sunspear: Off topic, but I just finished dance with dragons, and I wanted to ask a question

Lars….This comment is what initiated my now apparently controversial response. Folks go off topic frequently on these posts, and tags should really be used to cover any spoilers from end of season one onwards. Now, this problem which mobile users face (which I was completely unaware off ) could potentially cause a lot of people to get spoiled.
    So whats the answer? In the case of my comment, on reflection I should have said “bonus chapter” instead of…………what I said. And for this I humbly apologize , and will consider the wording of my comments more carefully now that I know about this problem.
    Other than that though, hopefully more folks will now be aware of this danger when using certain mobile devices.

65. surfKraken
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

My badass Droid X2 is still not compatible with this app. Bummer.

Thanks for posting all the goods we’re missing WIC.

66. MetalgoddessAMB
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

I think the show is going to look a 10 times better this year. everything looks so good so far…more color, more opulence, better scenery. I’m getting real excited now.

67. House Umber
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Lars, Two Feathers,

The issue really is not about who said what on here or if it was a relevant entry to this post, the real issue is the fact that the website in it’s mobile form is displaying incorrectly and in a fashion that is in complete opposition to its intent – highlighting text that the writer’s intent is to hide.

This has, could and will have an adverse effect on visitors & readers to the site and their enjoyment of the books/story, something that we can all agree we don’t want.

Whilst it was Two Feather’s post that I did read containing the spoiler, my inclusion of him was meant jovially as he is someone I’ve actually spoke to on set in S1 (House Umber garb) in regards reading the books and how far through the story he/I was… oh the irony! :)

Can the WiC techie’s take a look and see if there is anything they can do to resolve the real issue if it’s connect to the sites coding?
    Or is it an issue with the handheld/mobile devices themselves?
    Has anyone tried viewing the site on other mobile devices (ipad, galaxy tab etc) to see if the same issue occurs?

Cheers,

68. Langkard
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks to WIC for posting the non-app version of the video. I don’t do apps. Good stuff. Thanks!

Posted January 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

The issue with the text bolding on the mobile device was something I thought I had fixed, but it appears that a recent update to the plugin may have caused it to resurface. I will look into it.

Sorry you got spoiled House Umber. But if the spoiler is what I think it is… it isn’t really a spoiler. ;)

Lars: The mobile site also bolds spoilers for iPhone users. Annoying. The problem is that this site handles spoiler tags very poorly – They are implemented as just bolded HTML tags, which the full site CSS blacks out. This does not occur with the mobile site CSS.

This is due to WordPress only allowing a limited amount of HTML tags in a comment. Since the b tag is exactly the same as a strong tag I used that as the spoiler tag and changed its style in the CSS. If there is another, better way of hiding spoilers, I would love to hear it. :)

70. Abyss
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

I found the video on youtube.

71. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted January 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

let’s hope they don’t have any more Dothraki level screw ups on the art direction.

72. Huhu Oi
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:28 am | Permalink

If they’re not filming in Malta anymore, will the throne room in Kings landing look different?

73. Dennai
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Huhu Oi,

The throne room was shot in the Paint Hall studio in Belfast, like most interiors. Malta was used for exteriors.

74. G_Lee
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 1:30 am | Permalink

I can fully understand the people complaining about the bold spoilers. I didnt mind it cause I’m up to date but I still think its better to not use any Spoilers beyond book 2 ( which is the relevant one for this season) at all than to ruin Book 5 for anyone.

75. the goat
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 3:48 am | Permalink

Who Is Jacopo Belbo?:

You should hold your breath until they fix those things you said.

76. XenkanMonk
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Two Feathers: Read the “Theon” chapter from The Winds of Winter, that appeared on line recently. See what you think about Stannis then.

Could people please have an extra warning when they are talking about *future* books? I keep myself away from any Winds of Winter stuff because the book isn’t out yet and I want to read it fresh! Books that have been out months or years are fair game. But I would like to know if you’re discussing a book that GRRM hasn’t even finished writing please.

77. Slynt
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:08 am | Permalink

It’s all looking good BUT the books make it very clear that Qartheen women have one breast bare. I was looking foward to that :(

78. Argilac the Arrogant
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:17 am | Permalink

XenkanMonk,

79. Juan
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:16 am | Permalink

Can anyone confirm that those are Ironborn soldiers in the Winterfell Courtyard?

80. Mormegil
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Juan,

Yeah they are, you can see the Kraken on their shields.

81. War Blogger
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:49 am | Permalink

82. Mormegil
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 7:14 am | Permalink

War Blogger: Was Harrenhal really that ruined in the books? I always had the impression that it was a bleak place, more a fortress than a lord’s keep, but the shots shown here are something I would have expected from, say, Moat Cailin instead.

It was half melted by Dragonfire and only certain parts of it were livable.

The castle has five towers of dizzying size, with equally monstrous curtain wall, Its walls are incredibly thick and its rooms are built on a scale that would be more comfortable for giants than humans. The castle’s holdings are some of the richest in Westeros, claiming vast tracts of green fertile land.

Harrenhal covers three times as much ground as Winterfell and its buildings are so much larger that they can scarcely be compared. Its stables house a thousand horses, its godswood covers 20 acres, its kitchens are as large as Winterfell’s Great Hall.

Much of Harrenhal is far gone in decay. The Whents used only the lower thirds of two of the five towers, letting the rest go to ruin and many places in the castle have not been entered in decades. Bats infest the tops of some of the towers.[1]

83. XenkanMonk
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Argilac the Arrogant: not to sound–well arrogant–but common sense would have stopped you from spoiling yourself. if you saw what Two Feathers was quoting and still highlighted the text, you have no one to blame but yourself.

84. loco73
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Thank you Gemma Jackson and all the people in the production crew…great job! We are lucky to have people of this quality involved with GoT!

85. ANiceChianti
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I can understand the spoiler situation being a big deal for possible future conversations, considering the content that people typically want to cover with a spoiler tag. I also agree that if there’s anything that can be done about it, that’s a good idea. I don’t understand, however, why everyone’s getting riled up about this particular scenario. What was the spoiler revealed… the possible fate of the one character, or the title of the chapter in TWoW? If the former, well the whole discussion was that nobody knows for sure anyway, so nothing is spoiled. If the latter, and the issue is that it is an as-yet-unpublished book, well no information was given away about that character (by simply stating the chapter name) that wasn’t already known at the end of the last book. WiC is looking into the issue. Simma dahn nah!

(Sorry about the cryptic wording, but apparently spoiler tags are useless for some at this time, so I didn’t want to make the spoilertude worse by going into detail.)

86. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

XenkanMonk: Not to sound–well arrogant–but common sense would tell you that one cannot see what Two Feathers was quoting without highlighting since their entire text was spoilered. I think that I should be able to go onto online discussions without having unpublished books spoiled.

Honestly, you were warned (it was blacked out, after all). Ignore the person’s post and move to the next one. No one to blame but yourself.

Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe: Honestly, you were warned (it was blacked out, after all).Ignore the person’s post and move to the next one.No one to blame but yourself.

I think XenkanMonk’s point was that 99% of the spoilers here are for the books that have already been published. So if one had read all the books and was going through the thread and saw something that was spoiler tagged, they would assume that it was safe to read that spoiler, but would then be surprised to find that it was a spoiler for a book that hadn’t been published yet. This is a fair point and one we will have to address, especially as more TWoW info comes out, to keep those who’d rather not know what is coming unspoiled.

88. Lars
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming:
    This is due to WordPress only allowing a limited amount of HTML tags in a comment.Since the b tag is exactly the same as a strong tag I used that as the spoiler tag and changed its style in the CSS. If there is another, better way of hiding spoilers, I would love to hear it. :)

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with WordPress, so I can’t suggest a better solution. :)

Thanks for looking into fixing it, though!

89. XenkanMonk
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming: I think XenkanMonk’s point was that 99% of the spoilers here are for the books that have already been published.

Thanks Winter, that’s what I was getting at! I blissfully read the spoiler tags because I’ve read all the books. I just wish people would have a warning first that it’s a Winds spoiler for those of us who want to read it fresh *when it comes out*. It’s probably too much to ask for two spoiler systems because that would confuse people already, just that posters give a heads up or something.

90. Thiago Slash
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Craster’s home *_*
    I’m amazed. most satisfying video so far!

91. Ren Halfhand
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 1:32 am | Permalink

So it seems that they are giving Renly his own banner: golden crowned stag on green (tyrell colors) to showcase his status as the “King in Highgarden”, instead of the original recipe Baratheon banner. Nice move

92. mayan
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 5:17 am | Permalink

i see daenerys! XD and she’s walking towards Jorah! thanks for the update!

93. Rita Lee
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

COOL!!!!!
    LOVE IT!!

94. Stannis
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 4:38 am | Permalink

How great will it be to see dragonstone, notw, iron islands, qarth and storms end in the intro?

1. […] The amount of detail that goes in to these productions always astounds me. And you wouldn’t think you’d notice all the little things until they’re not there. Without such attention to detail Westeros and the lands to the east would not appear as rich and authentic, and Game of Thrones wouldn’t the the smash hit it is for HBO. On a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you for Game of Thrones to return? I’m easily way off the scale at about 15. Source: Winter is Coming […]