THR has a S1 video treat for us
By Hear Me Roar on in Media, Production.

An exclusive video from behind the scenes of Season 1 has been published by THR. By the looks of it, this is an excerpt from the upcoming DVD/BluRay extra material. Enjoy it embedded below!

YouTube version

Hear Me Roar: Many fresh looks and some new information. Can’t wait for the boxset! It will help with the S2 wait immensely. Well, almost true.

1. Harry The Heir
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 5:21 am | Permalink

I can’t wait to buy the Box Set, purely for the bonus stuff!

Posted January 28, 2012 at 5:40 am | Permalink

Oh, and the video will also ease the waiting pains before the first proper S2 trailer tomorrow a little bit, of course.

3. The Rabbit
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 5:50 am | Permalink

We should have a lots of these stuff in next two months!
    Finally :)

4. Jambo
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 5:57 am | Permalink

Very cool.

5. KG
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 6:28 am | Permalink

I’ll take a heapin’ helping of Mr. Ashleigh Jeffers, please.

6. Elena Amici
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 6:33 am | Permalink

is this region locked or something? I can’t watch it
    PS: I’m asking it now, so you have time to prepare…can somebody put the auditions online the very moment the BluRay comes out? :) don’t have a player and I’ll have to buy the DVD

7. Алеша
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 6:34 am | Permalink

Dani damn sexy! I love women eating horse bodies!

8. marko
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 6:56 am | Permalink

Gummy-bears rock! XD

9. Oskar Peregi
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Silly Viserys trying to steal the dragon egg, I would have gone for the gummy bear XD

10. G_Lee
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Wah the thought of eating a gummy-bear of that size is more disgusting than the thought of eating a horse heart for me. That scence is just disgusting, no matter what it is she’s eating!

11. Shinyteapot
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:58 am | Permalink

Elena Amici,

Seconded! I’ll buy the DVD, but would love to see those auditions.

Video works fine here (UK).

12. Epic lovely time
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Wow, Clarke ate gummy bears all day long and almost puked from eating candy. What a brave actress!

13. Claidheamh
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Epic lovely time:

You should try it yourself, if it’s such a pleasant idea for you. Then tell me how it went. ^^

14. David the Grey
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Nice video – can’t wait for the dvd’s. I’d forgotton how strong Jason Momoa’s performance was – I just watched Conan and I think I much prefer his Khal Drogo – he really did a wonderful job with his eyes and presence. Neat seeing Harry Lloyd again too. Can’t wait to view all the extras!

15. Jose
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:17 am | Permalink

I love the CGI effect when they cut from scene to scene

16. Hilda
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:33 am | Permalink

3lb gummy bear heart!!! OMG! Poor Emelia! The bonus stuff is gonna rock so much on this set! So can’t wait!

17. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:56 am | Permalink

I love seeing that they filmed these interview things on set for the DVD. It’s like a little flashback. Ah! Remember when we were worried that the show might be terrible? Good times.

Slightly off topic but Showtime has released a new trailer for season two of The Borgias. Is it just me of does it feel a bit GOT-y? That’s not a diss, I enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to this one but first time I swear I saw a Stark banner!

18. Richard
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Nice. My mother loves gummi bears so she would probably enjoy eating the heart and after she finished eating it, she would ask for more :-D

Anyway, here is the Youtube link:

19. the goat
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Reason #2194372 why this is this is the best show ever.

Claidheamh: Epic lovely time:

Don’t bother, Epic only “eats” boars.

20. Abyss
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

The youtube-link in the post is broken: “Not Found. Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Perhaps searching will help.”

21. Elena Amici
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Epic lovely time:

Maybe it’s just me, but i do feel sick after eating to much candy.
    I can watch it now, thanks for the youtube link!

Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Abyss:

It should be working now. Thanks for the heads up!

23. XenkanMonk
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

All that was running through my mind was this thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcCWIuvDis&feature=related

32,000 calorie epic fun!

24. Dave Brownell
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Holy Sh*t!!! Props to her for actually eating that whole thing of candy!! There are multiple cons to doing that (Possible development of diabetes, the worst shit you’ve had in ur life, slight weight gain, etc.) i wouldn’t have done all that. But if i was a main character on an HBO program, FUCK YA I’D EAT THAT WHOLE THING!!!

NP: Reincarnation – Catamenia

25. David
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

I guess this can pass as a Saturday laugh

Posted January 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

Sorry, my fault. Thanks for the fix, Winter!

27. Dreamlife
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Gummy bears are yummy, but eating a giant gummy bear covered stuffed with dry pasta and covered in fake sugary blood —for several takes— would probably make me want to throw up. Interesting that they kept the retching for the final cut.

28. Harry
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Emilia did describe in previous interviews that the heart didn’t taste like gummy bears at all. It was more like medicine-y congealed jam. So no, she wasn’t being treated to some candy store delight.

29. the goat
    Posted January 28, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Mmmmm . . . gummy horse heart

30. Bro
    Posted January 29, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

I can imagine how disgusting that was for Emilia. Once or even twice you could deal with but over and over again for however many takes… It reminds me of a competition we have in college during Rag Week called the Stomach Pump. Contestents have to swallow a concoction of God-knows-what and try to keep it down. Stupid really but obviously some students go for that! :D
    Love how the retch at the end of that scene is actually real!

31. KG
    Posted January 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

They need to sell gummy hearts in the HBO store.

Just send the check for the idea to me, thanks.

32. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

I’ll never eat gummi bears with the same eyes again haha

1. [...] Thrones Season One Blu-Ray special feature, “Anatomy of an Episode”. The video itself may look familiar, but the article provides some new quotes from showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, as well as [...]