Quick Hits: SFX Awards announced, Finn Jones interviewed, and bottoms are supported
- The SFX Awards were handed out over the weekend and out of four nominations (Best TV Show, Best New Show, Best Actor – Sean Bean and Best Actress – Maisie Williams) Thrones picked up one win in the category for Best New Show. George R. R. Martin also won best novel for A Dance with Dragons.
- Cast of Thrones has a fun podcast interview with Finn Jones where he discusses his role as Loras Tyrell, his take on season one and provides some teases for season two (which might be a bit spoilerish for those who haven’t read the book).
- Valyrian Steel has acquired the license to create replica weapons and armor based on the designs from the HBO show. Previously, they were producing weapons of their own design, based on the books, but now they will be doing both. They are already at work on the shows’ version of the Bran Assassination Dagger, the Hound’s Helm, a Stark Infantry Shield, and Robb Stark’s Sword. They also plan on going back and redoing weapons they previously designed (Longclaw, Ice, and Needle) to match the look of those weapons on the HBO show.
- A new trailer for the Game of Thrones RPG was released, this one focusing on Riverspring, a new location created for the game. You can find out more about this location on the official site. The game is set to release on May 15 for PS3, X360, and PC.
- Deep Media has a cool article by Frank Rose about how Steve Coulson and Campfire created The Maester’s Path campaign. It even goes into the whole “Always Support the Bottom” story. Ah, memories. Might we see another creative and interactive marketing campaign for season two soon? I hope so.
- Last but certainly not least, HBO sent me a copy of Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season on Blu-Ray! The packaging and art is gorgeous, as one would expect. Expect a full review sometime in the next couple weeks…