New season two trailer coming to HBO Go
By Winter Is Coming on in News.

HBO has just sent out a notice stating that a new Game of Thrones trailer will debut on Friday night at midnight ET (in other words, Saturday morning). The trailer will be available only on HBO GO.

Here is the press release:

WAR IS COMING!
GET A FIRST LOOK AT THE GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2 TRAILER ON HBO GO®, FEBRUARY 24th

New York, N.Y., February 23, 2012 – War is coming to Game of Thrones Season 2. As kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen continue to vie for power; fans eager for a taste of the action and treachery that will unfold in Westeros will be able to get their fill with an all-new trailer premiering on Friday night, February 24th, at midnight (ET), on HBO GO.

HBO GO can be accessed at hbogo.com or via the HBO GO app – now available for download on Apple’s iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® and numerous smart phones using Google’s Android™ operating system as well as platforms such as Samsung Smart TV™ and Roku – and is free of charge to HBO subscribers through participating television providers. For those who haven’t experienced this unforgettable fictional world, the entire first season of Game of Thrones can also be found on HBO GO.

Based on the popular book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R.R. Martin, the Emmy® and Golden Globe® -winning fantasy series Games of Thrones chronicles an epic struggle for power set in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom. Among the returning members of the ensemble cast are Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Emmy® winner Peter Dinklage, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey and Kit Harington. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss executive produce.

Games of Thrones Season 2 premieres Sunday, April 1 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively on HBO.

Winter Is Coming: The exact timing of when this hits HBO GO is a bit confusing. I’m trying to find out if it debuts tonight at midnight or Friday night at midnight (which would technically be Saturday). I’ll let you know. It’s the latter. Either way, I expect it will get posted online by HBO a few days after its HBO GO debut.

1. Ross
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Awesome, bring it on!

2. biliki
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

This is amazing!
    I wasn’t expecting any trailers before the 16-minute teaser, so this is such a pleasant surprise :)

I wonder when we will get more stills. I may be mistaken, but I think we had tons more this time last year. I want mooooore stills! Is it so hard, HBO? <3_<3

Edit: Any ideas what its length will be?

3. Ivan Popić
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I expect it will appear on Youtube pretty fast. And I can’t wait to see it when I wake up tomorrow morning.

4. Lars
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

This is so odd… Aren’t they trying to bring in new subscribers?

Instead they premiere a trailer through a service which only a subset of their existing subscribers have access to.

Get your heads out of your ***, HBO.

5. Ivan Popić
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

biliki:
    This is amazing!

Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

biliki: If it airs today, how many hours away is it? I am terrible with timezones, so this is always the best way for me to calculate things like that.

If it actually airs on Feb 24 at midnight (as opposed to Fri night at midnight) then that is a little less than 8 hours away.

Lars:
    This is so odd… Aren’t they trying to bring in new subscribers?

Get your heads out of your ***, HBO.

This is their way of bringing in subscribers and promoting HBO Go. They’re trying to get people to sign up to HBO so they have access to HBO Go to watch the trailer. I think the majority of HBO subscribers have access to HBO Go now. The big holdouts of Time Warner Cable and Cablevision added it recently.

7. Robbet
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Yes! I have the impression that HBO is releasing more trailers than last year, but I may be mistaken… It is always good to have new stuff! :)

8. Rossinny
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Lars,

I don’t see a problem with ‘rewarding’ their existing subscribers. It will appear on YouTube very quickly anyway, so this is just a way of giving them a few hours’ exclusivity.

Considering it’s an unexpected bonus, I can wait a few more hours for it to pop up on YouTube.

9. tumblefell
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

There go plans for an early night! Glad Time Warner FINALLY came around to joining up with HBOGo…

10. biliki
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming: If it actually airs on Feb 24 at midnight (as opposed to Fri night at midnight) than that is a little less than 8 hours away.

Thank you! <3
    That will be 7:00 in the morning for me, so I will not stay awake.

Robbet:

There were tons of character promos last year, about 15-20 of them, and house videos, but as for real trailers, I think youb are right :)
    There are more, and with good time gaps between them :)

11. JamesL
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Thats what I was wondering, midnight February 24 would pretty much mean today at midnight.

12. TheBull
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Lars:
    This is so odd… Aren’t they trying to bring in new subscribers?

Get your heads out of your ***, HBO.

It will eventually make its way to youtube but HBO GO subscribers will get first access. If they want to keep those subscribers, there’s gotta be some perks don’t you think?

13. JamesL
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Robbet,

No they released a lot more trailers and teasers last year.

14. NewJeffCT
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Ivan Popić: There will be another 16-minute teaser? Is that confirmed somewhere? I loved the first look of the Wall in the last one.

Yes, when is this 16 minute teaser?

15. the goat
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Since it says “Friday night” in the release, I’d assume its tomorrow night, even though midnight tomorrow night would technically be Feb 25th. But who knows

16. Rossinny
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Yes you’re right, it’s actually completely explicit in the release – tomorrow night it is then.

17. biliki
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

the goat,

the goat:
    Since it says “Friday night” in the release, I’d assume its tomorrow night, even though midnight tomorrow night would technically be Feb 25th.But who knows

Oh, yeah. You are right! It makes sense to release it on Friday anyway. Nvm, we can wait a little bit more :)
    I am re-reading the second book right now, so I’ll be occupied :P

18. Liesie
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Wow been gone for say two days and what news there is!!! :D
    Really excited about the upcoming trailer (maybe next season I’ll join the brotherhood without previews but not today^^)

*On second thought who am I kidding, I’ll never be able to join the BwP :p

19. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Lars,

Its 2012, who, in America, doesn’t have HBO by now??

20. Scudder
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

The 16 minute teaser will air on March 2nd. It is called “Echoes from the past”

21. Hollyoak
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Fortunately, I have HBO Go.

I hope it is midnight tonight (Thursday) but it’s probably midnight Saturday, as Winter just pointed out.

22. Matthias Hinkelmann
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Friday night (6-12) –>not Friday morning (0-6)
    So it will be seen in less than 36h….

So for all the european fans… upload it as fast as you can to youtube!

Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak, yeah, I just updated the post, it is Friday night at midnight ET (in other words, Saturday morning).

24. JamesL
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

The 16m behind the scenes look at a Game of Thrones season 2 airing March 2 isn’t a “teaser”. It’s a look at the making of season 2 featuring clips from the show and interviews with the cast.

25. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Lars:
    This is so odd… Aren’t they trying to bring in new subscribers?

Get your heads out of your ***, HBO.

Its 2012, who the hell doesn’t have HBO by now

26. Handmaiden of Dany
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut,

Some people, like me, are hurting in this economy. I don’t even have cable right now and am hoping I can come up with a way to get it and HBO before the show starts back up! *fingers crossed*

27. Lars
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut:
    Lars,

Its 2012, who, in America, doesn’t have HBO by now??

And for all the people saying that HBO is just throwing its subscribers a bone. So just getting the episodes is isn’t enough? :-)

28. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Handmaiden of Dany:
    HugeFloppyGut,

I’m sure u know someone who has HBO..ask them for their HBO GO login and password and watch on the computer..the episodes appear on HBO GO 23 minutes after they start airing on HBO.

29. Knurk
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Once again we have to put our faith in Darquemode’s hands again!

30. Chris
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Lars: I have HBO (& HBO GO). That’s not why I’m complaining. I just think it is stupid and ***-backwards move by HBO.

People get mad that HBO doesn’t make HBO GO more available to non-cable users. I’m guessing the more support they get for HBO GO the less dependent they will be on their cable contracts, and the more likely that will be to happen. I wouldn’t look at this as a ***-backwards thing at all.

Either way, it will still reach the same audience once it hits YouTube so I don’t see what the issue is really.

31. JackSparrow
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Lars:
    This is so odd… Aren’t they trying to bring in new subscribers?

Get your heads out of your ***, HBO.

Yeah, that makes sense. It’s like saying, “Don’t Hollywood movie studios want a lot of people to see their movies? Then why do they only hold a premiere in one theater?” They’ll be advertising the show outside of HBO Go.

32. mike mustermann
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

I don’t get this. Isn’t a trailer supposed to attract audience?
    How’s that going to work if you only show the trailer to people who’ve already subscribed to your service (and not even all of them)?

I’m supposed to want to subscribe to their extra service because of TRAILERS!?
    That’s like charging for game demos … or the movie spots you’re forced to watch in a theater before the film.

33. JackSparrow
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

mike mustermann:
    I don’t get this. Isn’t a trailer supposed to attract audience?

I expect they’ll be showing the trailer on HBO; there’ll probably be a lot of advertisements for the show on HBO as we get closer to S2 airing. Right at this moment advertising a product that isn’t available for another five+ weeks isn’t the biggest deal in the world. Also, advertising a show to the people who can actually watch it is actually a good idea. Most advertisements for HBO shows run on HBO.

34. Chris Beasley
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

One more reason to hate Comcast and their limiting of where their subscribers can access HBO Go from (hint, not from any device potentially connected to a TV, like a Roku – why would anyone want to watch HD video on a big flag screen, eh comcast?)

35. JamesL
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

OT: Apparently War is Coming is the official tagline for season 2 and that War is Coming tease art is the official artwork that HBO will use to advertise season 2 like they did last year with Sean Bean on the Iron Throne. There are already a lot of ads up around New York and LA and maybe other places that say “War is Coming”. It seems like a waste of money to advertise Game of Thrones with billboards and ads that just say War is Coming and nothing else not even some cool artwork to go along with it. Why don’t they include some pictures of the cast on the ads? They ads don’t even say Game of Thrones either just War is Coming April 1 on HBO. How is that going to get new viewers interested in the show?

36. TastesLikeTheSea
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

Curiosity will make them look it up.

” GABBO IS COMING”

37. Wastrel
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Yeah, HBO continue to baffle with their lack of interest in sensible advertising.

I get that they might put content on HBOGo first, to get people to subscribe. Like the ‘making of’ videos. But this is an ADVERT. How many people are going to subscribe to HBOGo because they’ve heard a rumour that there’s going to be an advert they can watch? On the other hand, if they used their advertising to persuade people who might have forgotten about the show to tune in when it starts – i.e. by putting their advert on TV, and releasing it free online at the same time, they may actually make some money.

38. Perkins
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

There better be a lot of war…

39. Phantomwriter05
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

URG … they make my brain numb … LOL!

So is it tonight?

or is it Tommorrow Night?

40. JackSparrow
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Wastrel:

41. Knurk
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

JackSparrow: I don’t think this move is to get people to subscribe, it’s to get people who have already subscribed to check out HBO Go.

*dingdingding* We have a winner!

42. Tywin's Bastard
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Wastrel,

Why would it be hurting their chances of drawing new subscribers in with this trailer by putting it on HBO Go before they release it to the public. The premiere isn’t exactly around the corner yet so there’s plenty of time.

They need to promote Go as well and make the subscribers interested in using it.

43. House Snow
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

I don’t think its dumb. When they did the first round of HBOGO most people even with HBO couldn’t access it. I now know because of this trailer that I have access to it now since my provider apparently picked it up and might use it because of it.

44. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Be my Florian Darquemode, and get me that trailer on YouTube :-)

45. KG
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Don’t sweat it, Handmaiden. Nothing makes people more smug than disposable income. And yet I’d bet you they tell anyone who’ll listen how they are all for supporting the economically-injured.

46. gswelcome
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

some people don’t have disposable income for HBO…

excited to see this though, hope it goes up on youtube quick

47. mummer
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

These “Why doesn’t HBO just do __________, they must be a bunch of morons” comments crack me up. Sure, HBO is stupid (or whatever ass-related phrase you want to use)… clearly they’re never, ever going to make any money or get lots of people to watch their shows, right? Good grief. It’s one thing to not like a network’s business decisions, or to think that some of them might be counter-productive, but this over-the-top you’ll-all-be-sorry-you-incompetent-fools stuff just comes off as pure essence of hilarious nerd-rage, when it’s directed at a company that’s been very successful so far.

mike mustermann,
    This isn’t about “subscribing to their extra service.” HBO Go doesn’t require an extra subscription. If you have HBO and an Internet connection, then you have HBO Go– unless your local cable provider is one of the stupid ones, in which case there’s nothing either you or HBO can do about it.

48. Jéssica De Freitas Maciel
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I woul *like* this comment if i could

Knurk:
    Once again we have to put our faith in Darquemode’s hands again!

49. DaveB
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

50. TJ
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Cablevision added it recentl

Cablevision customer’s can’t sign up for it yet though – unless I’m not seeing the options on the HBO Go website.

51. Arthur
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Okay enough… I want to see Dire Wolves and Dragons please. Give me a scene of Ghost or Drogon… That’s all I ask!!!

52. Nothatso
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

I get HBO, but not HBO Go.

My cable provider is a local one. I called them up when the show premiered an episode early on Go and asked if they were going to be picking it up, they hadn’t even heard of it before. Closing in on a year later, still no HBO Go.

I feel like I should be getting a discount. Seems like very few (if any) small cable providers have Go.

53. Thomas Krist
    Posted February 23, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut: Its 2012, who the hell doesn’t have HBO by now

A lot of people. Myself, for one. Cable isn’t worth the cost for me. If I could subscribe to HBO itself, I would, but the system doesn’t like that way of thinking.

54. Lars
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 12:15 am | Permalink

mummer:

Mistakes happen. Even at HBO. And I think this is also one of their less smart choices, even if it pales in comparison to the Boardwalk Empire fiasco.

55. sjwenings
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 1:46 am | Permalink
  56. Jan Fennick
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:05 am | Permalink

TJ:
    Winter Is Coming,

Cablevision has signed on for HBOGo…sometime in 2012. Even though they have cut a deal, there has been no announcement as to when we’ll actually be able to use the service. Of course, this is the company that only just got BBC America (after it was on other cable systems for about a decade) and still charges an additional $6 a month for any On Demand Premium Cable service like HBO, even though most other companies give it free to subscribers.

I’m half expecting them to charge us for the privledge of HBOGo too.

57. Conor
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:12 am | Permalink

ASoIaF Fan,

Summer’s name has been changed to “Elsa”? :(

58. Lars
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:26 am | Permalink

Conor:
    ASoIaF Fan,

Summer’s name has been changed to “Elsa”? :(

No. It is the *real* name of the dog playing Summer.

59. Conor
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:44 am | Permalink

Lars,

lol oh yeah.
    Still asleep sorry.

60. Tickler's Gold
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 4:11 am | Permalink

DaveB: Wow, on tonight’s 30 Rock, someone just made an obscure Xaro Xhoan Daxos reference. Insane!

What was that then?

61. purplejilly
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Why the heck midnight?? I’m an early morning riser, I won’t be up that late. I guess I’ll see it the following morning. Maybe the theme of the trailer will tie in somehow with midnight, and make sense, otherwise I am going to be annoyed they picked such a late time.

62. Jenish Kachhadia
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 6:05 am | Permalink

one thing we (GOT fans) must do — subscribe to hbo and bye blue-ray/ DVD packs to help future seasons’ budget…. ;)

63. Johnny
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 6:29 am | Permalink

To all the people saying “It’s 2012, who doesn’t have HBO”, stop pretending that America is the only country in the world and realize it’s not as easily accessible elsewhere and HBO Go even less so.

Releasing the trailer exclusively on HBO Go is really stupid.

64. Magnus
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Johnny:

Releasing the trailer exclusively on HBO Go is really stupid.

I agree with the first sentence, but not the second one. You are not entitled to the trailer. You are especially not as entitled as those who pay HBO money on a regular basis and thus fund the production of this series. In any case, they or someone else always put the trailer out on youtube after a few hours.

I do agree that it would be in everybody’s interest for HBO to make HBO Go globally available though.

65. Stephen McGrath
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Magnus,

Magnus,

I don’t know about other countries but in the UK we ‘subscribe’ to sky TV which entitles us to watch the show, therefore we are paying for this show just as much as anybody who pays for HBO.

Yet we have to wait, along with people from around this little old globe who have also paid to watch the show, until the select few with HBO go have seen it.

I’m not saying its wrong or right but many other people do have to pay to watch this show, not only those on the american continent.

66. Magnus
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Stephen McGrath,

I agree. The trailer is not a part of the package that one pays for, it is something one gets for free. It sucks that only some of the customers gets to see it, but HBO are not doing anything morally wrong. It probably just a nuisance in any case since it will be released globally after a few hours or days.

67. Oi!
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Johnny,

They are releasing the trailer on HBO GO first to promote the service and to award those of us that pay up the extra € to have HBO GO. And if you can’t wait the extra few hours or a day when HBO puts the trailer up on their youtube channel then you have a serious problem.

68. userj
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

I have a question for any HBO/Comcast folks out there…
    So we just got HBO through Comcast a month ago, and typically we have been watching HBO content online through the Xfinity site. Are things like this automatically available through Xfinity as well, or do we have to download an “App” and make and HBO account, etc?

69. userj
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:43 am | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut,
    You serious? I’m not sure what your age is, but most people my age (20-somethings) don’t even own a television, let alone cable, let alone premium cable. People my age watch TV through Netflix, Hulu, and websites now, not cable. Unfortunately because HBO-GO assumes everyone has cable TV it’s missing my demographic almost completely – and we are smack in the middle of the demo who are more interested in GoT.

I have HBO but only because it was free and adding cable TV to my internet through comcast was $10 extra per month because of a promotion. I’ll be cancelling both once the 12 mo promotional period is over.

70. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:55 am | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut:
    Lars,

Its 2012, who, in America, doesn’t have HBO by now??

I don’t. I don’t watch much television, what, having a PC and all. I go to my cousin’s house to watch the TV series. Also, I get the feeling you are looking down on us for not subscribing to HBO. I don’t want to pay my cable company $130.00 a month for something I will watch once/week. I prefer buying tangible objects (hell, for less than 1/2 of that money I get to purchase the Blu-Ray set and watch it anytime I want!).

71. zep243
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

userj:
    I have a question for any HBO/Comcast folks out there…
    So we just got HBO through Comcast a month ago, and typically we have been watching HBO content online through the Xfinity site.Are things like this automatically available through Xfinity as well, or do we have to download an “App” and make and HBO account, etc?

Most things available to HBOGO are usually available on Xfinity as well. (Episodes, trailers, behind the scenes, etc.) For example, when HBO made episode 7 available on HBOGO immediately after ep 6 aired, it was also on Xfinity, which is where I watched it because HBOGO’s servers were overloaded. However, certain content like “enhanced” episodes are only available on HBOGO. This is not a problem as you will actually log in to HBOGO using your Xfinity account. This log in procedure has been buggy a couple times in the past, but after a full year of HBOGO being live, I imagine the kinks should be worked out between HBO’s site and Xfinity.

72. zep243
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:10 am | Permalink

userj,
    I have HBO but only because it was free and adding cable TV to my internet through comcast was $10 extra per month because of a promotion.I’ll be cancelling both once the 12 mo promotional period is over.

Forgot to mention this in the last post. When your promo period ends, I recommend that you don’t cancel. Just call Comcast and threaten to cancel. Trust me, they want your business. My cable is the same price it was two years ago, and I now have HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax and no contract. Not saying you will get the same deal, but they understand that they’re under extreme competition right now.

73. Arrogant Bastard
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:27 am | Permalink

As others have said, it’s just being released to HBOGO early to advertise the HBOGO program. The trailer will definitely make it to the official Game of Thrones youtube channel probably a few days later, and someone will upload it to youtube probably a few hours later. HBO has already started advertising season 2 outside of HBO; I saw a “war is coming” teaser that was mostly the same as the shadow trailer while watching a Lakers game the other day.

74. HERP-DERP
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

How are we supposed to see the trailer if we do not have access to HBO-GO? Can one of the staff here who has access to HBOGO download it, upload it to youtube and post a link for us here?

75. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe: I don’t.I don’t watch much television, what, having a PC and all.I go to my cousin’s house to watch the TV series.Also, I get the feeling you are looking down on us for not subscribing to HBO.I don’t want to pay my cable company $130.00 a month for something I will watch once/week.I prefer buying tangible objects (hell, for less than 1/2 of that money I get to purchase the Blu-Ray set and watch it anytime I want!).

if u buy HBO, u can also watch any episode anytime u want. Plus HBO has a few other great things on it other the GOT. I’m shocked so many people don’t have it. Again, u can borrow the login from a friend to sign in HBO GO on your PC. They play the current episodes 23 minutes after they first air. I’m 26

76. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

HERP-DERP:

they said they would upload it here on this site pretty quickly afterwards

77. darrylzero
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Nothatso:
    I get HBO, but not HBO Go.

A little late to this party but just wanted to say that it’s not just about local cable providers. They may have resolved this, but I live in NYC and have Time-Warner Cable, which is about as mainstream a cable experience as there is, and we had no access to HBO Go last spring. This may only be because Time-Warner sucks, like most if not all cable companies but maybe worse, but it could also be something weird about HBO Go.

That said, I agree this is a lot of handwringing over something pretty minimal. Agree with Jack Sparrow that it’s an effort to get people who already have HBO to check out Go and with House Snow that it may have made me aware that I now have access to HBO Go (though I haven’t checked yet), when I would otherwise have just continued to assume that Time-Warner was screwing me.

Most importantly, we’ll all get to see the trailer eventually. If that turns out not to be true, I’ll understand the hand-wringing better. Assuming it’s not, though, does this really matter at all?

78. KG
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

I got HBO last year the week before GoT premiered. When it was over, I cancelled my subscription. Come the end of March, I’ll subscribe again. Two months of premium channels, I can handle.

79. Langkard
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

darrylzero: A little late to this party but just wanted to say that it’s not just about local cable providers.They may have resolved this, but I live in NYC and have Time-Warner Cable, which is about as mainstream a cable experience as there is, and we had no access to HBO Go last spring.This may only be because Time-Warner sucks, like most if not all cable companies but maybe worse, but it could also be something weird about HBO Go.

That said, I agree this is a lot of handwringing over something pretty minimal.Agree with Jack Sparrow that it’s an effort to get people who already have HBO to check out Go and with House Snow that it may have made me aware that I now have access to HBO Go (though I haven’t checked yet), when I would otherwise have just continued to assume that Time-Warner was screwing me.

I thought I would miss out as well, since I too have Time-Warner Cable in Austin and HBOGo wasn’t available last Spring for me. But I just checked and TWC appears to have gotten on the bandwagon. They are now listed on HBOGo and I’m all signed up and ready for tonight’s trailer premiere.

80. Obosi
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Seven hells!

People getting so bent out of shape over HBOs marketing strategy?

Seriously?

If I subscribed to HBO I’d expect to see this trailer first before the rest of the world. That’s the whole point! Even Hodor could puzzle that out.

The trailer will be on their YouTube channel a couple days later for everyone else who will be wondering “what’s this new trailer people are raving about?”

Simplezz!

81. Claudiu Gherganu
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Obosi,

Well i’m subscribed to HBO too in my country but since HBOGO is only available in the US I still can’t see the trailer before anyone else … so your comment it’s pretty much pointless .

82. mummer
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Lars: Yes, HBO *usually* knows what they are doing. Usually. But there are clear examples that they too can do dumb stuff. For example, they managed to conspire to NOT release the “Boardwalk Empire” season 1 DVD’s until one month *after* season 2 finished airing. Yes, read that again. AFTER season 2 had aired. This is a major reason why season 2 had lower ratings overall than season 1. Now that is a prime example of shooting themselves in the foot.

I sure didn’t say that HBO can’t make mistakes; I said they’ve been very successful so far, which is true, especially with GOT. The Boardwalk Empire DVD thing was definitely a mistake but, as you say, they haven’t done anything remotely like that with GOT so what’s your point? GOT has been getting amazing amounts of press and has an extremely excited throng of fans, and the box set will be available very soon. There is no reason on earth to think that they’re at any risk of having the kind of second-season drop-off that BE had.

And I still haven’t seen *any* sensible explanation of how premiering this trailer on HBO GO is supposed to be “one of their less smart choices”. As has been explained a million times already, including in the original post, everyone else will still get to see the trailer; just some people will see it a few days earlier. You do understand what “premiere” means, don’t you? Do you also tell movie studios “get your head out of your ass” because a movie opened in one city a little sooner than in another?

83. the goat
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

In honor of this glorious new trailer, here’s something hilarious I just found at ONTD

84. Pete A.
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:01 am | Permalink

It’s up.

85. bergen
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:02 am | Permalink

*waits patiently for the $#<@#%$% video to be posted on YouTube*

Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:03 am | Permalink

the goat:

LOL, so disturbing!

87. Bgap
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:08 am | Permalink

OMG, it rocks! Lots of dialogue and new footage.

88. Kell
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:08 am | Permalink

Please someone put it on Youtube quickly ! European viewer here and I have to go to bed (yes it’s 6 in the morning… but I neeeed it :-) )

89. mummer
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

OH MY, there it is.
    Comet. Lightbringer. Big wolf. Dragon. Other stuff.

90. The Greatjon
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

wow, I think people are gonna like this, not to try and tease the people who haven’t seen it, but its really good.

91. Patchy Face
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

Bgap,

Not finding it on hboGO . What is the story!!!???@@@###

92. Julia
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

Is it up on YouTube already?! Someone please post the link! D:

93. Perkins
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

great trailer, good cgi direwolf… stannins sounds drained and looks weaker compared to his other trailers.

94. Apotheosis
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:10 am | Permalink

OMFG, that was amazing. So much awesomeness in a couple of minutes. This looks seriously brilliant !!!!

95. House Snow
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:10 am | Permalink

Wow way more in the trailer then I would have thought. Basically appeased every hint fans were hoping to see.

96. MeekyReekyRamsay
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Just watched it! Frackin’ Badass! Get to see a quick shot of Grey Wind!

97. dizzy_34
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:12 am | Permalink

That was pretty awesome. Only thing I didn’t like was that it looks like Jon seeing Craster giving his sons to the white walkers will be coming true.

98. Kell
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Sooommeone please upload even a crappy versionn :-)

EDIT : http://camstudio.org/ <<< Works nice for crappy versions :-)

99. House Snow
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:16 am | Permalink

For the second trailer in a row Dany had the line that gave me the most chills.

100. Perkins
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 12:17 am | Permalink

dizzy_34,

I was wondering what Jon was referring to. Was it rumored?

101. kralizeh
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink
  102. Thiago Slash
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

awesome trailer! now we’re talking!