Saturday’s GoT Laughs: The delayed sticking
By Hear Me Roar on in Humor.

… with The Pointy End.

First we let you be busy with replaying the amazing trailer over and over again yesterday, and then the second portion of dark wings arrived. This conspired to a delay of the Laughs post (hey, Sunday has got laughs too, sometimes!), which is rather more special this time around. Game of Thrones is not the only thing returning this season, no – The Pointy End, our in-house exclusive comic by Mike Rosenzweig makes a reappearance as well. Have fun with the latest installment.

1. Adam Wing

Lol, love it. Especially Davos’ fingers…very funny

4. sjwenings
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 4:19 am | Permalink

Not as bad as usual.

5. The Dude
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 5:02 am | Permalink

I dug it. Nice job, dude.

6. Black Lion
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 6:27 am | Permalink

Oh, come on! Thronies?!

7. Pepi
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Disturbing closeups? I’m glad they skipped Varys’ gash. xD

8. sunspear
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:54 am | Permalink

parody series episode three is finally out.

Warning, not for Catelyn fans.

9. Diana
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Samwell Tarly shirtless!! OMG I think Im fainting!!!
    Thats what we call Saturday GoT Laughs!!! =))

10. Steve Hugh Westenra
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 9:11 am | Permalink

This is just the kind of nonsense we were legitimately going mad over last year; I love it. XD

11. sjwenings
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

So when was that 14 or something minute long Making Of-thingy going to be shown?

12. houndlover
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Shirtless Sam makes me feel ill… Sandor close-up make me swoon. haha x

13. MeekyReekyRamsay
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Don’t tell me I’m a Giants fan! Fuck Off!! Take that bullshit somewhere else,”Mike”.

14. Allen Bamford
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Some people, myself included, would absolutely have no problem with a shirtless shot of samwell!

15. Ted furthman
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Wow this is so stupid I want to gouge my eyes out and it’s really offensive to obese burn victims wit disfigured hands.

16. KG
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

I have no real use for football, but if it came down to “pick your team,” I am – like a good Detroiter should be – a Lions fan.

That having been said, GO WINGS!

17. Pepi
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Ted furthman,

It’s also offensive to them. :(

18. Damián Erro
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Pepi:
    Disturbing closeups? I’m glad they skipped Varys’ gash. xD

same here!

19. BenofThrones
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Aren’t davos’s fingers supposed to be bones? I mean cmon Who wants to carry some rotting fingers around their neck?

20. ANiceChianti
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

BenofThrones,

Good point.

And I know you are all curious about the gash!

BTW, this has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was funny:

I can totally see Qotho saying that line about the newt.

21. Zach
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Black Lion:
    Oh, come on! Thronies?!

Agreed. Agreed one million times. Never say this again, world, never, never.

22. Pink Dragon
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Th…ronies?

23. Damián Erro
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

thronies

24. purplejilly
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

I am not happy with the shirtless Sam, because I feel like you’re mocking the actor, who’s heavyset. Sandor’s burned face, and the Onion dudes fingerbones are all aspects of their characters, and not really a part of the actor himself. Rory doesn’t go home at night with a burnt face. Yet the actor who plays Sam is heavyset when he’s off camera, and weight is not one of the things I think actors should be mocked about, whether they are male or female, and whether it’s too much or not enough weight.
    I appreciate the ‘cutting edge’ cartoon, but I think you should remove the shirtless sam section, as that’s just inappropriate cruelness IMHO..

25. James
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

“Ser Davos Seawoth“???

Making fun of obese people???

Here’s one for you. What do this cartoon and Sir Davos Seaworth have in common?

They’re both lame.

26. Mike Rosenzweig
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

MeekyReekyRamsay:

I can’t hear you while I’m looking at myself in the reflection of the Lombardi trophy. That’s the one they give you when you win the Superbowl.

Thanks for all the comments, good and bad, Thronies! Also: I’ll never use Thronies again. Ever again.

27. John Juliano
    Posted February 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

purplejilly,

purplejilly,

I dont really think it was making fun of the actor at all. It was just having a bit of fun at the expense of the CHARACTER, who is fat and readily mocked for it in both the book at the show. I thought it was pretty intereting.

28. Stannis
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 2:18 am | Permalink

Purpeljelly has the same sense of humor as Stannis lol. Please never watch south park man…
    I understand your point, and your concern is admirable, but this is barely a personal attack. The actor is overweight, I am sure he knows that. The show mocks his build, this isn’t meant to be a serious social commentary I’m sure.

29. Tinuviel
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Is there any news on whether there will be giants in series 2 or 3? You cant leave out Wun Wun.

30. Robert Justin Cook
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Stannis: Please never watch south park man…

I used to like South Park in the old days, but after the first few years they took it too far all the time.

31. loco73
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION, “Game Of Thrones” Fans (especially Canadian ones), apparently HBO Canada, celebrating the release of “Season Two”, will be bringing to Canada, “Game Of Thrones: The Exhibition”, to run from March 9 to March 18, 2012. I don’t know if it will be available in several Canadian cities or just Toronto. Included are replicas of the Iron Throne (upon which visitors can sit their royal arses and have a picture taken), Melissandre’s dress (at least one of them), plus other props from Season One and Season Two, as well as pictures etc. Admission is free, so the free tickets can be reserved over the phone or in person. Below I included several links to the exhibit…enjoy! The even will be held at the Tiff (Toronto International Film Festival) Bell Lightbox, which is the current headquarters of the film festival. George RR Martin will be there on March 12 for a Q&A and a book signing…

For more info just google the damn thing….oh and by the way the two George RR Martin attended events/workshop are already sold out…

32. Thiago Slash
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

one of the best SGL ever hahaha