Thrones cast steps out to DVD launch party
By Winter Is Coming on in Events, Media.

The Game of Thrones cast attended a launch party for the DVD/Blu-ray release of the first season tonight in London. This is the first time much of the cast got to attend a red carpet premiere event and many of them went all out getting dressed up for this party.

Westeros.org has some of the details on the goings-on within the party (think belly dancing and tribal drumming), but the red carpet pics alone are worth a look. This cast cleans up nice!

UPDATE: Another report by Amy McCulloch with more pics here.

Rose Leslie

Oona Chaplin

Liam Cunningham

John Bradley

Gwendoline Christie   Maisie Williams

Dan Weiss & David Benioff

Charles Dance

All photos by Danny Martindale/WireImage

1. Katie
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Sophie and Maisie look so pretty! It throws me off to realize that they’re actually teenagers in real life, as opposed to the munchkins they are on the show. Isaac is adorable, and looks so happy to be there. Nice to see Oona’s Twitter ridiculousness bleeds into real life. :p Everyone just looks great. Thanks for the photos!

2. Pink Dragon
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

They’re all so beautiful! I find it highly distressing I can’t recognize any of them without their wigs/armor/faux-dirt.

3. TheBull
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

Richard, finally! Oh my, he looks ridiculously handsome.
    Puberty hit Isaac big time, he looks years older. Sophie is stunning, flawless makeup.

Rose…nice girl but obviously not kissed by a stylist

4. Michael Harper
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Good to see some of the Season 2 cast there too :) Emilia Clarke looking fine as per usual! And Iain Glen’s beard is awesome! :D

5. Quorin Halfhand
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

wow arya and bran are looking older and older. Its going to be funny looking at a full grown isaac riding hodor in later seasons

6. andrea
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

oh my… they´re no kids anymore.
    Errr… handsome Cunningham! *.*

7. LyingOnaBedofWeeds
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Incredible to see that pic of Gwendoline after what we’ve seen of her as Brienne!

8. Mirri Maz
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

I don’t want to sound too prude but I thought Arya’s outfit was a bit too much for a 12-13 year old.

9. LyingOnaBedofWeeds
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Mirri Maz:

She’ll be 15 in a month.

10. box5angel
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

The babies are all grown up. *sniff* lol

11. scott glennon
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Great pictures! I honestly didn’t recognize Michelle. She looks so different out of costume!

12. Steel_Wind
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

LyingOnaBedofWeeds:

Indeed. If a picture of her looking like THAT had been posted here 10 months ago, the debate over whether she was “too pretty” to play Brienne would have been over in an hour — with a firm consensus that she was MUCH too attractive to play the Maid of Tarth!

I must say, I can’t wait to see her and Jaime’s scenes together now.

13. Steel_Wind
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

scott glennon,

She could stand to eat a few orders of poutine, I’d say. I had no idea she was so thin! Yikes!

14. Quorin Halfhand
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

15. kindly man
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Everyone looks realy cool.
    Sam looks dashing. Go Sam!!

16. Morrigan
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Man, puberty is gonna ruin this show… xD

17. Bridget
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Everyone looks so amazzinngg. But no Natalie Dormer? :c

18. Mormegil
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

Quorin Halfhand: lol anyone else notice how brienne is right below the 9th row of hbo logos behind her(vertically)..its funny how everyone else is 7 and lower, just shows how damn tall she is

Ha, I found myself checking that as well.

Not sure if this has been posted on WiC yet.

Interview with Carice (some spoilers) and she says the part she was asked to audition for in Season 1 was (as most people guessed) Cersei.

19. Omar Brown
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

These kids are growing quicker than the Harry Potter cast! Gotta watch out before Hodor will be carried by Bran.

But seriously, what if the kids outgrow their characters? We got many years yet to film!

20. Pink Dragon
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

Omar Brown:

I don’t think it’ll be too horrible. It might be weird for Hodor to be carrying a teenager, but it’s no weirder than anything else that happens in this series. Besides, it’d give Bran some tension and angst, feeling vulnerable during that time we all liked to feel invincible. And if there’s a Meera, it’ll give him an actual, tangible love interest.

Rickon’s a non-entity, sadly, and Sansa’s only indication that she’s young is that she hasn’t had her period yet. The rest of her storyline can play out just fine.

Arya’s the only one I’m concerned with. There’s only so far she can go before she is clearly not a boy, and they’ll be hard-pressed to come up with reasons why no one’s attempted to rape her yet. Sure, she can fight the attackers off, but continually doing so episode after episode might seem highly unrealistic, even for her.

21. FacelessMan
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

After Clash there’s really no one who attempts to rape her. She stops pretending to be a boy after Clash anyway, so it should be fine.

22. mummer
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Pink Dragon: Arya’s the only one I’m concerned with. There’s only so far she can go before she is clearly not a boy

You may be misremembering how long that goes on– after she’s captured by Gregor it’s no longer an issue. And it doesn’t matter how much she’s growing up now, those episodes have already been shot and she looks just fine in the trailers.

Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

My god… Maisie and Isaac are growing up wayyyy too fast, and Isaac looks like Daniel Radcliffe!

24. Knurk
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

Damn they’re all rocking it. Look at their awesome outfits, Rory’s suit is beyond cool. Love the nice touch by John Bradley with the fur haha. All the ladies look superb, yes Amrita I’m looking at you, you better not die on me in season 2!

Fuck, since when did I give a crap about red carpet shoots, what has become of me?

25. fake-o name-o
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Puberty is coming

Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

I know most people don’t think it’s a big deal, but the rapid aging thing is unfortunate in my opinion. Especially for Isaac and Maisie, as I think Bran and Arya’s very young age adds something to their storylines.

I wish they’d filmed the entire 1st Season back when they filmed the pilot, so the kids would have looked even younger. Oh well. /nitpicking

Glad to see the new cast members in attendance, and old ones too (Harry Lloyd!).

27. Tanja
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Dress wise…Maisie and Sophie could have done way better in my opinion.

Iain and Emilia look super cute together on that picture.

Rory looks lovely…this guy’s got one of the nicest smiles I’ve ever seen.

28. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Good Lord, Richard Madden is looking FINE.

And Michelle, Rose and Amrita look adorable as well!

Please don’t die, Irri!

Oona seems like a lot of fun.

29. Java Beans
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Are they still shooting King’s Landing or something? It’s curious that the ones missing include Lena, Peter, Jack and Conleth… but then Sophie and Rory are there.

30. Knurk
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Tanja: Dress wise…Maisie and Sophie could have done way better in my opinion.

when comparing them to other english teenagers they look like the Queen, just saying.

31. charles
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Gwendoline Christie looks stunning!

32. Ed
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

LoL!! We have a winner!

fake-o name-o:
    Puberty is coming

33. Josh
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Time to give the make-up department an Emmy…Because seriously to make Gwen look so ugly when she looks like THAT….wow…

34. Jon Connington
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Permalink

tits or gtfo.

35. Superdeluxe
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Holy crap bran got old

36. Jess
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

i’m the girl who turns on the tv an hour ahead of time to see the red carpet walks and then don’t care about the actual award ceremonies (unless it’s the emmys) so i’m kinda critical… i think most of the gals are hot messes but am pleasantly surprised by the creativity on the guys’ part! it’s weird because normally we “oh” and “ah” at the dresses while the men are just in a tux or suit or something equally boring.

worst outfit: the girl who looks like she’s about to belly dance in a hookah/s+m bar. Girl only Rhianna can pull off those short shorts! What is happening around your waist?

best outfit: rory. period.

question of the day: how many plaid shirt DO YOU THINK Dan owns?

37. tysnow
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

WOW! The Stark girls are maturing fast and furiously, there looking damn beautiful at that, I mean that in a good way. If you look at the background, Maisie is only a couple inches shorter than momma Stark now, and one HBO line shorter than Sophie (about 6-7″), so… HBO is definitely gonna have to create at least a 3 year gap between SoS and AFFC/DwD.

Oh! Gwen looks gorgeous, didn’t realize Brienne could look that yummy in a dress.

38. Chump Force 1
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Where are the Reeds?

39. tysnow
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:03 am | Permalink

The Bear and the maiden fair. did anyone pick that up.
    Rose is a definitely touched by fire.
    You can tell from that pic that Iona has inherited her grandfathers personality.
    Damn! Michelle is so sophisticatingly (is this a word?) beautiful, I’m in luv. Wait, I thought people said she wasn’t pretty enough for Momma Wolfish, well they can eat crow.

40. Bob Loblaw
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:43 am | Permalink

tysnow,

Maisie is wearing platforms. She’s still short. But I guess Sophie is wearing heels, herself. I dunno. I don’t think Maisie has gotten much taller (also don’t think it’s a problem).

41. G_Lee
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:41 am | Permalink

Wow, Sophie is hot!
    Maisie looks fantastic too. I actually like her outfit the best of all but wait a second…. what’s Tywin Lannister doing there with all those actors?!
    Seriously, Charles Dance IS Tywin Lannister. Just look at the guy!

42. LordDavos12
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:09 am | Permalink

Holy potatoes, I feel bad for saying it but Sophie looks HOT

43. sjwenings
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:14 am | Permalink

Thankfully, Isaac looks a bit younger in the latest trailer. Seems he’s visibly grown a bit in just the last few months.

I really don’t mind the kids (not truly kids anymore, I guess) growing up faster than in the novels, I just don’t want it to be TOO apparent from season to season.

44. Annie
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Love Emelia’s dress it so elegant and classy

45. Pepi
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Irri! Also; glad to see some of the new cast members as well as some of the veterans(Sumpter and Dance) who, more often than not, decide skip such commotions.

46. Jack
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:33 am | Permalink

My goodness is Sophie Turner a stunner.

Wow.

47. Mimsy
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:37 am | Permalink

Quorin Halfhand,

Awesome observation! Brienne and the Hound are both 9 HBO rows . She’s as tall if not slightly taller than the freakin’ Hound! I love it.

Brienne is gonna be awesome!

48. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:52 am | Permalink

Jon Connington: tits or gtfo

I think you got this site confused with Ain’t it Cool News. Also, do I need to point out the irony of that statement given the ummm…orientation of your internet pseudonym?

Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:08 am | Permalink

Whoa, who are all these fancy people? :) great photos, and a great event, apparently. The boxset is topping the charts in the US and the UK even before the launch date! An explosion coming early next week :)

50. Eleanor
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:12 am | Permalink

Aww! When I was 15 (also a tall redhead) the overdone outfit Sophie’s wearing was EXACTLY what I would have wanted to wear to a party like that. Good for her.

Subtlety will come for the Stark sisters.

51. Hilda
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:23 am | Permalink

Where is my love Kit Harington???

52. Hilda
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:31 am | Permalink

They all look amazing! Sophie..wow! Isaac…omg,he is getting so tall! and Maisie…I actually do like her outfit. Not to crazy about the heavy makeup! But she looks great! I love the shoes!

53. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:33 am | Permalink

I love Alfie Allen’s pose! That air of detachment and entitlement!
    It’s as if he’s saying, “Yeah I’m Theon and your going to hate me soon and I don’t give a rat’s ass what you think. Oh and sidebar: I’m awesome.”

Oona seems to making her bid for being the Zooey Deschanel of the cast.

Pip..err I mean Harry Lloyd looks like he walked off the page of one of his great great great great uncle’s novels.

Oh dear, Sophie is quite stunning isn’t she? Maisie’s adorable, I see a great future for them in the industry. The next Rosamund Pike or the next Carey Mulligan?

This is House Stark not House Gryffindor! Oh hi there Isaac!

Richard: with a Scots burr: “The name is Stark, Robb Stark.”

Rory: Awesome. No matter what the fashion. Confidence is everything.

Rose: I’m a fan. Not of the dress though. Seems like a casual event these DVD launch parties so she went with what she thought was comfortable.

Tywin and Luwin are twins? That explains a lot! Seriously, Donald has style! Charles Dance seems kind of shy?

Irri!!! That is all.

Liam Cunningham is pure awesome. If anyone on this board has not seen Centurion yet, watch it. Cunningham has one of the best scenes in the film. Also watch Hunger, which features Michael Fassbender and Cunningham together in a ten minute dialogue scene that makes the film student in me palpitate with joy. Seems Liam and Neil Marshall know Fassbender….maybe they could convince him to play Rhaegar in a flashback?

Emilia and Iain: Awwwww! I Love it!

54. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:36 am | Permalink

from a photographic pov these pics are pretty bad, but from a fan’s perspective they are pretty awesome! I love Oona’s outfit! And also Sophie’s! But what happened to Harry Lloyd? What a change from his character – I had to look twice before (kinda) recognizing him. Surely that’s the sign of a great actor (or was it the wig after all?)

55. Lala
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:30 am | Permalink

Bran is growing, but I hope they don’t replace him….That would be awful! I mean, the Harry Potter Kids looked older than 17/18 like in the books and nobody cared. Him being teenager will just have to be incorporated in the story, the same with Arya. I’m not worried about Arya, she’s a girl and won’t really have a voice change etc.

56. HB
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:51 am | Permalink

Those are some terrible angles and/or lenses they used. Awesome cast though, I bet they’d look even better with proper photos.

57. Daniel Moitz
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Is it just Getty’s photographer or are there are lot of Oona shots? I really hope they don’t over-emphasize Jeyne, because a) she didn’t have that big a role in the books, and b) I already kinda dislike Miss Chaplin.

58. houndlover
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 5:15 am | Permalink

I want to look as good as Michelle when I’m older, she looks amazing!

Loving Sophie, Maisie & Isaac.

Rorys suit is fantastic… he’s so pretty :)

59. Udi
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Emilia and Iain look so adorable but her dress imo is err… ah well. That said, she is such a beautiful young woman and I am no fashion expert. Isaac and Maisie are so grown up, it will be a challenge in upcoming seasons. Guess what Hodor will say next time he looks at overgrown Bran… You guessed it: HODOR!!!

60. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 6:37 am | Permalink

Daniel Moitz,

Dislike? What did she ever do to you?

61. purplejilly
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Now this could be some great fodder for the Daily Raven! (Every time I say that, I hear The Soup, when they do “GAY SHOWS” and then whisper the caveat “Show shown may not actually be gay”. AS in “The Daily Raven!” (Raven you are recieving may not actually be Daily)

I already see a Sam looks too skinny-gate, Bran looks too old-gate, and I’m just thrilled to see my fav, Harry Lloyd, back with his mates!

62. Chris
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 7:50 am | Permalink

Quorin Halfhand,

“9th row?”
    Okay, I never would have thought of counting. That’s pretty clever. A little obsessive perhaps.
    Now that you mention it, it’s too bad so many of them are pictured solo. It would be fun to see a few of them posing together. And, yes, that would give us an idea of just how much Gwendoline towers over everyone (except Rory, I imagine) and how much bigger the kids have really gotten.

63. Ryan
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Umm people stop talking about…

The fact that its going to be awkward in later seasons when Hodor has to carry a teenager Bran around. Totally ruins the entire twist that him and Rickon don’t actually get killed by Theon.

64. purplejilly
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: But what happened to Harry Lloyd? What a change from his character – I had to look twice before (kinda) recognizing him. Surely that’s the sign of a great actor (or was it the wig after all?)

He looks soooo different without that wig. I saw in an interview that he liked the fact that people were not recognizing him without it, because he could still walk around London and go to pubs and such without being bothered. Since seeing him in GoT I’ve looked up some of his other projects, and he does seem to be a great actor. He’s my new favorite actor!

65. jonjones
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 8:48 am | Permalink

saw the first 2 new episodes of season 2 and dvd launch lastnight, amazing

66. Ted furthman
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 9:18 am | Permalink

The cgi on the red carpet is terrible. Season two is ruined

67. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 10:11 am | Permalink

I wanna adopt these kids *_*

68. shumila
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Thiago Slash,

Ack. Why. Whyyyyyyy would they do this?

69. Magnus
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 10:38 am | Permalink

If they give her an actual role, I’m ok with it.

70. Michael Harper
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 10:44 am | Permalink

jonjones,

How long do you think before we start getting some reviews then?

71. Knurk
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Thiago Slash:
    I wanna adopt these kids *_*

72. Hi-Fi
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Knurk: good news. If they establish her more as a character people probably won’t be as annoyed by her.

Agreed. I’m eager to see what they do with Ros.

73. Handmaiden of Dany
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Thiago Slash,

I LOVE ROS! She has the cutest dimples. Stop hatin’!

74. purplejilly
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Thiago Slash: I wanna adopt these kids *_*on a completely unrelated note: http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1264476/46_things_we_learned_from_the_game_of_thrones_blurays.htmlWesteros posted this on facebook, and when I read the item 33, I got a little nervous:“33. Prostitute Ros was originally supposed to be included in one scene, but Benioff and Weiss are obviously fans: “she’s so much fun to watch that she’s become a relatively major character in season two”, the explained. Sexploitation obviously pays off!”okay, I can cope with her being on the show.. but “relatively major role”? that’s unsettling…

NOOOOOOO!!!! OMG relatively MAJOR role? I should have known when she was featured in the trailer, and she’s getting a chance to cry and be comforted by LittleFinger. I just don’t understand it. She’s like Jar-Jar Binks to me. I just grind my teeth when I see her.

75. mummer
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Daniel Moitz,
    Seriously? You not only already have an opinion about Chaplin, but also you’re reading some significance into her having two or three more photos than other cast members?

Let’s see: either she is now *the* main character on the show, more important than Robb or Cat or Arya… or else she just clearly likes posing for photos, and is dressed strikingly and showing some leg, and the photographer decided “Oh what the hell.” Which seems more likely?

76. Sam
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Everyone looks amazing! I feel a little awkward looking at Sophie and Maisie. They’re going to be beautiful young ladies when they grow up. Also, Rory is just a bawse.

As for this whole Ros is a major character. Hell to the no. I love this show and how it’s been portrayed. However, the fact that she (a made up character) had more screen time and lines than the Hound (and several other beloved characters) can never been forgiven. And now she is a major character? We need to start a campaign like they did in Gears of War with “Carmine must die” and “Carmine must live”. Except it will be “Ros must die” or “Ros must live” and put that on a shirt! Add me to the pre-order for “Ros must die”.

77. Ours is the Fury
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

I won’t lie, I was a little taken aback by Maisie and Sophie’s outfits, but teenagers are always in a rush to grow up, and they aren’t little girls, however young we think Arya and Sansa are.
    Daniel Moitz,

They have several shots of Oona because she’s gorgeous and wearing a very noticeable outfit, and she poses like a model. I doubt the photographer knows a thing about Game of Thrones.

78. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Handmaiden of Dany,

I don’t hate her! really, I have no problem with her character. it provided some important scenes (whether people liked them or not).
    but turning her into a MAJOR character is unsettling, as I said. I don’t have anything against her, but until I see the outcome, I won’t trust entirely that that’s a good decision.

and just now I read the comments about Oona. geez, people, if you were a photographer in a release party, wouldn’t you take as many picutres of her as possible? she looks gorgeous! o.o

79. sjwenings
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Thiago Slash: but turning her into a MAJOR character is unsettling

80. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

sjwenings,

you said the key word: MAYBE. hahaha
    THAT’s why I want to see the outcome before jumping to conclusions.

as I said before, I don’t hate the character (neither the actress, of course!). I can easily praise her “future” role, if she proves worthy of it ^^

81. tysnow
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Chris,

Just trying to get a reference as to their comparison in height, so as to determine how much more they might grow. Women usually stop between 15 and 16, I believe, but don’t quote me. Men on the other hand reach their peak about 18. So Maisie might not grow any more, or one or two inches, since 15 is around the corner. Isaac on the other hand, might still grow another foot.

82. the goat
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Flawless cast is flawless.

Here’s a pic of Oona trolling Angelina:

sjwenings: Maybe not so much if she’s gonna replace Chataya and Alajaya like many of us suspect.

exactly what I was thinking

83. purplejilly
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

I think they got extra shots of Oona cause she was hamming it up and doing the “Angelina Jolie Leg Pose” which just was so newsworthy after the Oscars. Good for her, she is playing the “Game of Press” to her advantage!

84. The Kingslayer
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Hahah awesome Sandor rocking the tartan suit.

85. The Kingslayer
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Sophie really is stunning, she’s going to grow into a gorgeous woman.

86. Handmaiden of Dany
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

sjwenings,

I agree, and think they might be doing this, which would be just fine with me. I mean, we have traveled from Winterfell all the way to King’s Landing with her and she has really grown on me. I thought she played the scene in the brothel with Theon very well, she cracked me up!

87. userj
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

It is known that Amrita’s bag is amazing

88. Macha
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Rose Leslie, darling, I like your outfit. So there. Casual dressing FTW.

Also, beards. Yes, very good. Gimme.

89. Maxwell James
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Knurk,

I thought that as well. The very fact that she was doing something other than the nasty in the trailer struck me as a good sign.

As for those complaining about it: I suspect what they mean is she’s taking on Alayaya’s role. Which has been in the cards for ages now. So relax – it’ll be OK!

90. loco73
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Love the cast…they are soo cool…and good looking too! Maisie is soo cute and Sophie. in my own opinion, can give any of today’s freaking supermodels a run for their money! Oona Chaplin..ay que caliente!

As for the men…well let’s just say that they have proven to be a nice recruiting tool for many of my female friends…dangling Nikolaj, Kit, Richard and the others as man-candy in front of them seems to attract many converts to the show!

Nice to see all of them step into modern times…but they still look good all dirtied and gunked-up!

91. JamesL
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

jonjones,

Need more details! Does season 2 start better and more exciting than season 1? A lot of non-readers seemed to think the early episodes of season 1 were kind of slow and it wasn’t until the 2nd half did everyone start raving about the show. There is a lot of hype for season 2 so I’m hoping the early episodes don’t disappoint.

92. Jon jones
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

All I can say, it will knock your socks off , it really will , it’s truly thrilling

93. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

the goat,

As awesome as she appears Oona wasn’t the first though, twas Jim Rash aka Dean Pelton who did it upon accepting an Oscar from Jolie! Go Greendale!

94. JamesL
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

Awesome :)

95. Superdeluxe
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Jess,

My wife looked at the women and said right off the bat ‘who dressed them!’

96. Steel_Wind
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Agreed.

97. val
    Posted March 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Wow I barely recognized half of them. They all look amazing! Really makes me think about what make-up and costumes (and dirt) can do. Maisie, Sophie and Isaac look sooo grown up, it was a bit of a shocker. Not worried about it though, they probably have the aging thing all figured out. Bran’s the only one whose being a teenager could be a problem, maybe Arya a little (though I don’t think her size matters very much, at least not after this season, and Maisie looks like Arya should in the trailer), but the producers obviously knew this was gonna happen and planned ahead, otherwise they would have hired a couple of seven year olds. They purposefully made all the kids older than they are in the books, they might make time go a little faster, make a few changes here and there, I don’t know what, but I’m pretty sure they haven’t been caught off guard. I really believe they can pull it off, it won’t be much of a problem if we don’t nitpick too much.

98. Bob Loblaw
    Posted March 2, 2012 at 2:12 am | Permalink

It looks like those HBO lines are spaced every 9 inches. Gwendoline Christie is 6’3″. She’s a couple inches under 9 HBO lines with heels, so if heels add 3 inches or so, the math is about right. So, guessing the teenagers’ heights…

So Sophie with heels is 8 HBO lines tall, so that’s 6′ before subtracting heels, which makes her in the 5’9″ to 5’10″ range.

Maisie is 7 HBO lines tall or 5’3″ with her platforms/heels. So she’s probably about 5′ tall.

Isaac is ~6 2/3 HBO lines, which makes him also about 5′ tall.

99. Udi
    Posted March 2, 2012 at 5:15 am | Permalink
  100. Jen@House Stark
    Posted March 2, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Mirri Maz,

Hear, hear! Wait for the hoochy stuff later, honey.

101. Macha
    Posted March 2, 2012 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Udi,

Ooh la la, I’m already picturing that icicle beard on our brave men of the Night’s Watch, and it’s a marvelous sight. Thanks for the laugh! :D

1. [...] to see my photos from the night. Or to see the actors who were in attendance, you can check out the WinterisComing.net link. Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

2. [...] By Hear Me Roar on March 3, 2012 Filed Under: Media, Press Here we present a promo video from the season one box set launch party on Wednesday in London, combining season one trailers, cast interviews from the red carpet, and the [...]