- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was interviewed by MSN while promoting his film Headhunters. In the spoiler-free interview, Nikolaj mentions a season 2 scene that is, in his words, the “most fun [he's] ever had shooting a scene.” He also confirms that he has seen the first two episodes of the second season and was “blown away.”
- In an interview with DIY, Alfie Allen discusses his character’s season 2 in vague terms (he’s careful not to reveal specific spoilers) and shares that George R.R. Martin encouraged Allen to make Theon his own creation. He discusses dehydrating himself deliberately in order to look good in his shirtless scene in the first episode. (Don’t try that at home, kids!)
- Alfie Allen also has a new interview with Hey U Guys, in which he reveals his opinion that Theon Greyjoy is “an honourable Stark but he’s trying to prove to the Greyjoys that he’s one of them and he has these two moral paths…” There are mild spoilers in this interview so proceed with caution. Alfie answers the inevitable sex scene questions, and denies having any negative experiences with fans, saying that, “People have been really nice especially as my character is perhaps one of the least liked in the books. No dirty knickers though. Maybe next season…” Maybe!
- Kit Harington has a new interview with Hey U Guys as well, sharing his thought on Jon Snow’s motivations, the difference between Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, and Peter Dinklage.
- And last but not least, Kit Harington has his own Access Hollywood Q&A Session! The article touches on wildlings and Jon’s desire to find his uncle Benjen Stark beyond the Wall. In my favorite portion, Kit shares what it was like being approached by Seth Green at Comic-Con this year:
“Yeah! And he was raving about the show to me, and it was so bizarre because I grew up watching ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and ‘Austin Powers,’ and obviously he’s in ‘Family Guy,’ and he’s done lots of my favorite things, so I [got] kind of a bit dumbstruck when I met him. And I had the guys from ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia,’ which is one of my favorite shows… I met them at a party out here… We had a bit of a ‘love in.’ It was like, ‘No! I love your show!’ ‘No! I love your show!”
Ours is the Fury: I love seeing the interviews pour in. While they can’t reveal too much about season 2 because of spoilers, the personal stories and details are charming. Except for Alfie dehydrating himself to look more cut. Really, don’t do that.