Cast interview roundup
By Ours is the Fury on in Press.

With season 2 only sixteen days away, interviews of the Game of Thrones cast are really pouring in. In addition to the Entertainment Weekly cover story, and Access Hollywood’s first look at Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H’ghar, here are some more articles fans should check out:

Access Hollywood Q&A with Maisie Williams

Maisie: I got to meet Gwen. I didn’t get a chance to meet Carice. But Gwen was very nice and we both had to have our hair cut, so that’s how we got talking. We both [have] these kind of female characters that are really strong and that a lot of people look up to…

Access: And you and Gwendoline both wield swords!

Maisie: [We were] both talking about different moves that we learned. We’ve both got a lot in common [in] the way we were taught… We had a lot of things to talk about and I think that’s why we get on so well… She’s really funny and a real pleasure to be around.

Michelle Fairley interview with DorkShelf: *plot spoilers:*

Michelle Fairley interviewd by NewsTalk 1010:

SciFiNow‘s series of cast interviews continues with these new articles.

Alfie Allen Interview

The girl who plays my sister is amazing, she’s really, really good and a really cool girl. In terms of playing him as character, it was good to find similarities – and don’t ask what they are, please! – between you and the character, and it was a journey playing it.

Rose Leslie Interview

She’s a Wildling and she comes from north of The Wall,” explained Leslie to SciFiNow, “so she’s from the True North where it’s incredibly cold. She’s lots of fun, she’s level-headed and strong – very, very strong – and she has a lot of fun teasing Jon Snow.

Oona Chaplin Interview. If you’re avoiding trailers, you may want to skip reading this one!

Well, there has been much speculation on the Jeyne that I’m playing all I’ll say is you guys are in for a big surprise.

John Bradley Interview

In this season he starts to experience emotions…and certain feelings deep down inside him that you never thought he was capable of feeling. It’s really exciting, he kinda matures from a boy into a… half-man, I suppose!

Harry Lloyd talks about his season 1 character, Viserys Targaryen.

If you can find a way to do these things that are so extreme and horrible that people can come round to his twisted way of thinking, you’ve probably done your job well because no-one’s good, bad, everyone’s doing something for a reason – that’s how you’ve got to approach it, I guess.

Ours is the Fury: It’s amazing to think about “Arya” and “Brienne” meeting up and discussing swordplay! I’m also especially enjoying Michelle Fairley’s interviews. She’s so articulate and warm, and she seems to understand Catelyn’s world very well.

1. Steve
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

The news I’ve been waiting for: Hot Pie will be back in Season 2!

2. Rukie44
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

All theese interviews… and still 16 days away! Let the press-parade continue!

3. Pau Soriano
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Ouch Maisie is growing waaaaay too fast :SS

PS: Is it only me or she’s wearing way to much make up on that pic? :P

4. HERP-DERP
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Michelle’s 2nd interview has unfortunately raised my expectations for the second season once more :(

5. the goat
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Scans of the full EW article can be found here:

6. Joonas Taipaleenmaki
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

A bit off topic, but I’m intrigued. On IMDb Sean Bean’s credited with s2 e10. I’m hoping a flashback. Does anyone have additional info on this?

7. lefaisan
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

OT : There are new stuff on the HBO schedule.

Mon. 3/19 : Characters featurettes for Robb and Stannis !

Mon. 3/26 : Destinations of Season 2 + new characters of Season 2.

8. Kid
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Actually, a LOT of minor spoilers from Michele Fairley.))))
    She talks too much, how the hell did HBO allowed this?!)))

Still she is brilliant actress.

9. Magnus
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

imdb is edited by users and is not reliable before HBO has released any details. As far as I know, they have only released details for the first five episodes.

10. Oi!
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink
  11. Wolfheart
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

WOOHOO. David and Dan are splitting A STORM OF SWORDS into 2 SEASONS! 20 episodes for BOOK 3! **confirmed in the article in recent EW**

And damnit. Get Nikolaj Coster Waldau’s and Peter Dinklages hair BLONDE! Jaime Lannister and Tyrion are BLONDE not DARK BROWN!

12. Max
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Thank you for the link!

13. Owen Parker
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

HERP-DERP,

Magnus:

Anyone can submit casting data to IMDB without needing verification so this is just as (if not more) likely to be a random idiot posting unsubstantiated rumors as it is to be a leak. He is currently the only listed cast member for that episode and you would expect an insider to know a little bit more than just him being in it.

14. Wolfheart
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Oona Chaplin maybe playing Jeyne POOLE? If she’s not playing Westerling?

That would be a possible surprise I could think her character would throw at us. As Westerling isn’t a surprise. So are we to assume she’s Jeyne Poole? Or how about one of the wifes of a Frey. Jeyne Darry?

Looking at Jeyne Darrys Westeros.org wiki info. My bet goes to Jeyne Darry…

15. MoonCoffee
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

LOL, Alfie. I can’t help but think of that Alfie song his sister (Lily Allen) sang.

16. KG
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Pau Soriano,

Little girls always wear too much makeup when they’re first allowed to :D It’s a rite of passage lol

17. Joonas Taipaleenmaki
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

I apologize for my previous post’s lag of a spoiler tag. Anyone who can is free to delete it, it seems I’m unable to do that.

18. TheSilverScythe
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Wolfheart:
    Oona Chaplin maybe playing Jeyne POOLE? If she’s not playing Westerling?

Looking at Jeyne Darrys Westeros.org wiki info. My bet goes to Jeyne Darry…

My guess is she’s going to be a Lannister.

19. Virtus
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

We already know that Jeyne is from the Crag per this dialogue: http://winteriscoming.net/2011/11/day-108-filming-in-n-ireland-winding-down/

20. Coltaine777
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Joonas Taipaleenmaki:

There’s no need to apologize lol what you said has been speculated beyond count on WIC…it’s no surprise or spoiler for most here …it’s not a big deal …

21. Coltaine777
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Virtus:

22. Joonas Taipaleenmaki
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

Yeah, still HERB-DERP seemed to take offense. Just speculation really, in no way a reliable source as has been pointed out.

23. Virtus
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

Why would Robb and Jeyne go to the Crag then? The ‘foreign’ part might refer to the fact that she is of volantene descent in the books as well.

24. Pepi
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Moar new pics!
    EDIT: … or not. I think the Qarth one is new, tho.

25. Obsidian
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

Virtus,

I can understand their making some alterations in the Maggy the Frog prophecy , particularly , since it might require a flash back, casting a child Cersei, bringing up the hopes for a Cersei / Rhaegar union ,etc…. If that prophecy is in , perhaps it will come from either Lady Westerling or Jeyne herself ? Just a wild guess..there may be other reasons for the change.

26. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777: That doesn’t mean she’s from the crag …she’s some foreigner from Gods knows where ?.,,

27. the goat
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Pepi,

Those are pics from the full EW article, but I’ve only seen little scanned versions before, so thanks. Also, i c u hiding behind the Spice King, Pyat Pree!

Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

the goat, as I said on Twitter, Pyat Pree is one creepy looking mofo.

29. Shinyteapot
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

the goat,

Pyat Pree looks great. But I’m a little disappointed to discover that Xaro’s posh clothes are actually no more ostentatious than the other Quartheen bigwigs.

30. Obsidian
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

I’m quite looking forward to ” fun teasing Jon Snow “..;)

31. The Kingslayer
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

I am going to miss Harry Lloyd, he was perfect as Viserys :-(

32. Pepi
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

I’m a bit disappointed by the fact, that the Spice King is turning out to be Qarth’s own Ros. While I admit it’s too soon to judge and while I have grown to like Ros’ character … I don’t like the fact that on one hand they’re cutting out a lot of characters (the characters I’d like to see on screen) and adding new ones on the other(who does, anyway). While I’m glad, they kept Qartheen trinity as a whole, Blaine’s character will probably feed on their screentime. I’m not really worried, because I know D&D will do ther job great, as usual, but … just sayin’.
    On a completely different note; the rest of the Qartheen people on the photo kinda remind me of Passion of the Christ elders. Some of them are even wearing crosses(which I know the elders didn’t … but it still fits into the theme nicely). :D

33. Coltaine777
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Virtus:
    Coltaine777,

Yes you may be right …

34. Coltaine777
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers: Wasn`t there other leaked dialog a short time before the stuff in the link, that had Jeyne saying she was from Volantis when she first met Robb at the battle of Oxcross ? I am sure I read that in one of Winters posts here . Maybe one of the mods. could check that out.

I remember the same thing …

35. Coltaine777
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Obsidian:
    Coltaine777,

Virtus,

I’ve never heard that theory before , that’s very interesting ….

36. Maxwell James
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Pyat Pree is one creepy looking mofo.

He looks kind of Voldemort-eque.

37. tysnow
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Interesting, Ms. Fairley mentioned in the interview that Dan and Dave have made some major changes to Cat’s character, I wonder what and how the fans will react to this.
    Can’t wait to see them, I like the idea of having the material appear to be fresh to us fans, and of course tv is a different medium.

38. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Fury, you are so right about Michelle being warm and articulate. I have been lucky enough to be in a few scenes with her and we had a brief chat about the beauty of the “old country” during a coffee break last season. A more friendly down to earth lady you couldn`t hope to meet. I think I have had a crush on her from that day.
    She seemed genuinely surprised to discover that Cat has a lot of haters in the fan community. Personnally, I was also surprised when I came to realise this, as I loved reading Cats and even Lady Stonehearts chapters.

39. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Sorry should have tagged the last bit …..can one of you mods. please cover it up. thanks.

40. Pink Dragon
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

I thought it was confirmed that Oona is Jeyne Westerling?

We already had a featured extra (like Beric Dondarrion) as Jeyne Poole, so I don’t know. Maybe Oona’s a recast.

I’m really, really hoping she’s not a Lannister — I don’t like that they’re pretty much making the show about three houses (Lannister, Stark, Targaryen) with a little bit of two thrown in when it’s absolutely necessary (Baratheon, Arryn). I understand the mainstream audience might get confused and I don’t want them to be, of course, but I’m scared out of my wits that we’ll only see a tiny fraction of Tullys, Tyrells, and Martells, if any at all.

Not trolling, by the way. I really do have a bad feeling about that.

41. Michaelmann
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

I love the fact that they gave blue lips to Pyat Pree.

I am pretty sure that there is no way that Jeyne may be Jeyne Poole.
    I mean… Seriously? If not Robb and Cat than at least one of Robbs 18.000. Bannerman would recognice her somehow… if Theon was capable of it than some other stark household man should be aswell.

42. Pink Dragon
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers:
    She seemed genuinely surprised to discover that Cat has a lot of haters in the fan community. Personnally, I was also surprised when I came to realise this, as I loved reading Cats chapters.

Well, show Cat is toned way down from book Cat. And I think a lot of people confused their hatred with ‘not really understanding where the character is coming from.’

I point to Sansa, both book and show, as an example. I may not like her, but I totally sympathize that she’s a little kid who wants to stay in the mindset of a little kid forever (even if she doesn’t know it), trapped in a world wherein things are happening to her that she absolutely cannot control. So I get that she’s bitchy and mopey and editing memories to make them more romanticized and, oh look, she’s an actual teenager. I think it’s lame she’s acting that way, but I get it.

Anyway, yeah, I like Cat and I always have. She’s a strong female character who is also a mother, and that never, ever happens. I don’t think that she hated on Jon detracts from that, but then, I never liked or understood Jon’s appeal to begin with, so maybe I relate, lol!

43. Obsidian
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

:)…I don’t know if it’s a theory…just an idea that struck me while reading this stuff..Mind you , they could easilyleave the whole Maggy prophecy out and it probably wouldn’t hurt the show..

44. bon
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Something for people living in New York:

And this picture of Ghost figure with Jon Snow:

45. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Pink Dragon: Well, show Cat is toned way down from book Cat. And I think a lot of people confused their hatred with ‘not really understanding where the character is coming from.

Yeah, that makes sense . I guess the interviewer was referring specifically to show only fans.
    How come you spoiler tagged the bit at the end about Jon? That made me laugh…….:) Its like you wanted to whisper it, to avoid the wrath of a thousand teenage girls. XD.

46. Shinyteapot
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Pink Dragon,

One of the things I like about Cat’s character is that she can’t accept Jon. I don’t mean that it’s a good thing- it’s not Jon’s fault he’s a bastard and it’s not nice or fair. But it would be so easy, and so cliche, for a character who defines herself first and foremost as a mother to also be the perfect saint who accepts Jon and treats him equally.

Of course some people could do that, but while it is in theory the ‘right’ thing to do- blame Ned, not Jon- it really would be a very difficult thing in reality. It would hurt. Cat is human, flawed and she can’t hide the pain Jon’s presence causes her. It’s realistic. It makes her very real.

47. userj
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Most interesting thing from Michelle’s interview was when she discusses Brienne. She said she thought Catelyn would, when she met Brienne, instantly compare her to Arya, because she thought that was an obvious comparison, both of them being tomboys and so on.

They’re different in so many ways that I never thought of Arya and Brienne as very similar, so I thought it was a really interesting comment. For example, I don’t think Arya’s really ugly, but Brienne really is. Brienne is driven to do justice and good and help the innocent, and uphold her ideals. Arya’s just surviving. Brienne is quiet, shy, and not very “quick”, Arya’s the opposite. Both of them are stubborn for sure. :)

48. Pink Dragon
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

That’s exactly why, haha! I don’t know many others who outright don’t like Jon.

Shinyteapot,

Exactly. But unfortunately people bring stuff up like she was the reason why Robb lost the war or whatever, and I can’t comment either way because I don’t recall the specifics of it all. I really don’t think that effects her as a character/person, though.

49. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

Re. the Jeyne “Doe” mystery, apart from saying it will be a big surprise, Oona also says ” theres so much going on on screen, and theres so much left out from the books, so its like they`re two different things.” Well the show and the books are very different things, especially , it seems, in season two. I am totally cool with that, as imo the books are ASoIaF, and the show is just a bonus.
    Looking forward to seeing what D+D have done with Jeyne ??? , and reading the comments on line when the truth comes out. It will be good to have a few surprises , and the characters are in good hands.
    Am I right in thinking that the battle of Oxcross will be in episode one ?

Off topic… Happy day tomorrow all you mothers..:)

50. Michael Harper
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

This is completely off-topic and possibly one of the stupidest questions, but does anybody remember that excellent shot from the ‘Cold Winds Are Rising’ trailer at the end with the aerial shot going over a forest and snow as Stannis says “The Cold Winds Are Rising” and we hear the three horns – anybody know if that shot was actually new and feature in the show because it is a brilliant shot! I know it’s random and probably stupid…

51. franny_bee
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Is it possible that HBO’s Jeyne is a Lannister?

52. Daniel
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Its just not cricket.

53. Two Feathers
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Michael Harper:

Yeah. amazing shot that… Don`t think anyone outside HBO`s inner sanctum knows whether it is actual footage from season two. Though you could say it is an eagles eye view, if you know what I mean .

54. Dreamlife
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Completely random thought that has no basis other than it just popped into my head: what if Jeyne is a Martell or some other family from Dorne? Actually, I am basing this on Oona being part Spanish (I think) and I picture the people of Dorne having olive complexion (Spanish, Mediterranean, or Middle Eastern).

55. Wastrel
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

userj,

Lots of people seem to think that Brienne is ugly and Arya is not. I don’t know why. Arya’s already being called “horseface” when she’s, what, nine? How is that different from “the beauty”?
    I can understand people thinking they’re both hideous, or thinking that (as I do) they’re ‘actually’ both not classically attractive and that that combined with unfeminine behaviour and clothing and lack of makeup etc leads to exaggerations of their ugliness. But I think it’s a bit weird to take people at their word in Brienne’s case but not in Arya’s.

56. Michael Harper
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

Eagles Eye View :D wouldn’t that be great! Hopefully some reviews will hit the web soon.

57. Cari D. Burstein
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Not sure we ever get a good picture of if Arya is actually not supposed to be pretty, but if I recall the horseface comment came from Sansa? In which case I wouldn’t really call her a reliable source, just sisters sniping at each other.

58. bluemeanies
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Wastrel,
    Arya is said to look like Lyanna and everyone says Lyanna was beautiful, so whether it is nostalgia overplaying Lyanna’s looks or Arya not yet growing into and recognizing hers we do have reason to think Arya pretty The books seem to be pointing to Brienne being not particularly attractive and Arya being able to pass as non-descript at 12 but I do think that Brienne’s full grown awkwardness and unattractiveness is much more pronounced and defining than any perception of unattractiveness for Arya.

59. Obsidian
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Wastrel,

Re: Arya Jeyne Poole tells Theon she was the one who started the horseface nickname. Ned says she looks like Lyanna. Lady Smallwood says she’s pretty. The kindly man , in Arya’s last chapter in ADwD , when it’s decided to send her to Izembaro says he thinks she should have a pretty face this time ” as pretty as your own “. Catelyn complains about her messy hair and that she gets dirty and collects scabs , but not that she’s not pretty. She’s just not ladylike.

60. tysnow
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

Dreamlife,

Jeyne is a Martell or some other family from Dorne….

This is something that would really be intriquing, the Prince of Dorne is a shrew player and I can see him having the Sand Snakes go out and muck things up by spying. I have been hoping that the new Shae is actually a Sand Snake, sent to spy on the Lannisters. By fortune or her own cleverness she found an opportunity to get really close to them, but I also believe she is becoming emotionally attached to Tyrion.

61. Jackol
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 12:16 am | Permalink

tysnow,

also believe she is becoming emotionally attached to Tyrion

That would be a significant departure from the books … book Shae was importantly not that emotionally attached to Tyrion at all.

62. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Oh my God Oona is a Sand Snake! I have a funny feeling this might be true. But what possible angle could Doran Martell have to bring down the Starks? Their connection to the Lannisters and Baratheons?

63. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 1:32 am | Permalink

Just to expand on my previous post. I am really buying into this Oona and Shae as Sand Snakes concept! It even works in the long run because it introduces Dorne earlier on in the saga (Elia Martell/Rhaegar back story!) instead of coming out of nowhere (at least to a TV audience) like it does in AFFC/ADWD.
    That way when the Red Viper shows up in season 4 his storyline will already be set in motion. The audience will instantly know his agenda and through Jeyne her father will have been made a legend to the viewers already therefore allowing HBO to build up hype in his casting. They will know of what Gregor did to his sister because ‘Jeyne’ will have told Robb all about it. Shae could also be another Sand Snake, that way Prince Doran has agents in King’s Landing and in Robb’s army. Although personally I would prefer Shae’s trajectory to end up verbatim from the novels.
    If this is true then it is a smart move by Benioff/Weiss. Purists will hate it but from an adaptation perspective I think it works well. Perhaps somewhere in season 4 we will have a meeting in Pentos with Illyri, Varys, Aegon and Connington.

Yes, I think that’s it. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I have a feeling…

64. Spryte
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Wow.. but no, George R.R. Martin would be beating his fists bloody on D&D’s skulls if they really twisted his storyline in that direction.

65. Joshua Taylor
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 2:10 am | Permalink

Spryte,

You think so? You think Martin has full creative control of the adaptation? Martin wrote for television. He is very aware of the changes that must be made in the always problematic translation from one medium to another. Given what we have heard about season 2 thus far what with Alton Lannister, Yara instead of Asha, no Reeds no Ramsay, no Tullys in sight…don’t you think he would have decked D and D already?

Martin knows the game. And my suggestion doesn’t alter the main storyline at all.

66. oic
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 3:08 am | Permalink

HERP-DERP,

Yer. it look like she put the make up on herself. It must’ve been the first time she ever done this before

67. Evie19
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Michelle Fairley seems like a lovely person but WHY WHY WHY did she reveal such a major spoiler? You never think that a promotional interview is going to divulge something like that…major bummer, since I’m starting book 2 now and would have appreciated experiencing that surprise. :-/

68. Black Lion
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 5:05 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

It is a very intriguing concept you have here, dear sir. I think you are on to something and either Shae or Jeyne (or both) will end up being Sand Snakes. Which would be cool and uncool at the same time. All those reasons you mentioned are good arguments in favour of that concept, yet… the risk of ruining the story is very high.

Everything depends on things that only George has in his head now. Would it pose a problem for future developments when Tyrion deliberately had killed one of the Snakes? What if Jeyne is pregnant with Robb? Why would Doran try to shove a wedge between Freys and Starks if the more prolonged the war, the better for his current agenda? Or was it Sand-Jeyne’s own willful behaviour? Finally, what does it mean for the story if one (or two) of the Snakes are not “available” for Doran at the end of ADWD? How would his strategy change? Many questions, little answers.

69. Cersei_II
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 5:59 am | Permalink

oic:
    HERP-DERP,

Oh, for crying out loud, people, Maisie is 14, and the whole point of makeup when you’re 14 is to make you look older. Her makeup does exactly that, thus causing some of you to get all judgemental and nasty because she doesn’t look like a little kid anymore.

Maisie’s makeup is well-executed and she looks great. Haters to the Wall!

70. Dreamlife
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 9:08 am | Permalink

I have been thinking about Shae ever since my brother, who has not read the books, asked, “is she important?” during the drinking game scene. I said, “not really” at first, but the more I think about it, we really don’t know much about Shae. The fact that Tyrion is so completely wrong about her makes me wonder about her history. Where she’s from, why she’s a whore when she didn’t seem to have an upsetting childhood, etc. I could definitely see her as someone important or at least have an interesting backstory.

I think I like the theory of Oona Chaplin playing a Sandsnake. It takes me theory further than her just being a Martell. The Sandsnakes are awesome characters who I really hope make it into the series. It will also bring the Dorne story into the TV series more quickly, which may work better than it it did in the books. (In the books, it seemed like they were introduced way too late and I was often in a hurry to get through those chapters just to get back to my favorite characters.)

71. Ours is the Fury
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Cersei_II,

Someone saying they don’t like her makeup isn’t “judgmental.” It’s an opinion about makeup without any reflection of the actress’s ability or character. If they said they thought she looked like a skank or something, than THAT would be judgmental.

72. The Greatjon
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Alright enough is enough, where the hell is this alternate Sevin devils trailer? It premiered on HBO like 3 days ago, and it still hasn’t shown up online, getting really frustrating. No one has any idea about this trailer or where to find it??????

73. HERP-DERP
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Cersei_II,

I am confused… I never said anything about maisie.. AT ALL… I have no idea what you’re talking about.. and why you included my name in your comment.. I suggest you look for my posts on this thread and read them to confirm…

74. MoonCoffee
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Michael Harper,

“The cold winds are rising” is said by Commander Mormont, not Stannis.

75. The Greatjon
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:13 am | Permalink

And to be honest I’m surprised no one else has mentioned this. I would have thought people would be clamoring to see this, maybe a lot of people don’t know about it? thats the only explanation I can think of, because the trailer has alot of new scenes and dialogue, with extended looks of the battle.

76. Ours is the Fury
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:14 am | Permalink

MoonCoffee,

In ACoK Mormont did say it, but in the trailer it’s Stannis talking and saying it, that was confirmed.

77. The Greatjon
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

yeah that was in the original teaser. But the power and grace trailers its Mormont, I was pretty sure they confirmed that

78. Ours is the Fury
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

The Greatjon,

Oh I thought you meant the actual “Colds Winds Are Rising” teaser. Yes, Mormont says the line in the Power trailer.

79. The Greatjon
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Yeah it can get confusing haha, But I didn’t read MoonCoffee’s original post, so he might have been refering to that.
    Ours is the Fury,

80. furrever
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Did anyone else fall in love with Maisie all over again when she said she’s always dreamed of playing Coraline in a live-action adaption of the animated film by the same name?

81. JamesL
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

The Greatjon,

The trailer is pretty much the 7 devils trailers with 3 or 4 new shots and a 2 new lines of dialogue from Tywin and Robb. They didn’t add anything new to it thats really interesting thats why no one is clamoring to see it. The coolest part was a quick image of a man on fire at Blackwater, there was no new extended looks at the battle nor did the trailer have a lot of new scenes If you want to see it you can go to the Game of Thrones IMDB page, the background is an ad for Game of Thrones and click the “expand for video” and the trailer will play.

82. The Greatjon
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

thanks alot for pointing me in the right direction. To be honest I only caught a glimpse of it on TV and noticed it was different, so naturally I was dying to see it, I didn’t realize it wasn’t that much different than the others.

Though I remember a week or two ago they released an alternate version of the ‘power and grace’ trailer which had litterally two new shots, a different look at Grey wind, and a split second look of Craster, not half as much as this trailer, and everyone was trying to find it. But that might be because it had a different look at grey wind, and people wanted to get a second look at the CGI.

Thanks again, 3 days looking and its right there all along, I’m smart lol.
    JamesL,

83. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 20, 2012 at 1:04 am | Permalink

Maisie is so.. professional! hahaha
    Michelle is absolutely awesome…

and dude, Lloyd will be missed!