This Sunday is “Game of Thrones Day”
By Winter Is Coming on in Events, Marketing.

HBO has declared this Sunday, the day of the season two premiere, to be “Game of Thrones Day.” They have a number of different ways to get fans fired up for the premiere airing that night, which the below poster illustrates.

The main thrust of the promotion will be the livetweeting and livechatting of the Season One marathon on HBO2. HBO has lined up actors Kristian Nairn and Finn Jones, writer Bryan Cogman and even the fan sites, to each tweet or chat a different episode that day. I will be livetweeting the season one finale, “Fire and Blood”, which will be on at 7:30 PM ET. You can follow the live tweets either on Twitter or HBO Connect.

To make things even more fun, I will be doing my livetweeting from Professor Thom’s in NYC, where they are having a Season Two premiere party. After the livetweeting, I’ll get to watch the Season Two premiere surrounded by fellow Thrones fans. It doesn’t get much better than that! Come out and join us!

Winter Is Coming: And if you can make it there before 8:30 you can watch me livetweet… live! How meta is that?

1. Katie
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Professor Thom’s is doing that again this year? God, that is so tempting. If only I didn’t have to drag myself to work the next day.

2. Prankster
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

“Sir, this is already April Fool’s Day.”

“It can be two things!”

3. Michael Harper
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

There has been a mighty lack of new posters this year. We’ve had three “fan” posters and the Crown posters – but, any characters posters have just recycled images from Season 1. I’m not really bothered – just a little surprised.

4. Meg
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

these character posters are blowing up on tumblr right now http://goo.gl/XuOI2
    are these official?

I will be tweeting a lot on premier day!

5. B Cogman
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Hey all,

Actually, I’ll be LIVE-CHATTING, not live-tweeting, answering questions from viewers/fans.

Hope you’ll all check it out.

B

Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

B Cogman, even better! I can commit to answering questions on Twitter during my livetweeting, although I don’t have any cool inside info like Bryan does!

7. serum
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

winter is coming, make sure all your friends at the the season 2 premier party leave their tv’s on and tuned in to hbo at their houses so the show gets the best ratings possible!!!

8. Jay Sutherland
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

B Cogman,

Fantastic to see a writer getting involved with the fan sites like this! I may have to join the chat to ask how I get involved with the casting!

9. OhDanyBoy
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

serum,

Do you know how ratings work?

10. serum
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

not a clue, hahahaha

11. Anonymous Web User
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

OhDanyBoy,

It used to be based on having a particular device at a sample of homes. Is that the way it works still?

12. serum
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

I agree with that, my roommate told me that certain people are picked to have a special box in their house but as far as how they figure out the rest Im clueless!

13. Jon Connington
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

sgfion fwebnfui nbslruin kvscl

2 days

bfsdio sfdujb jsdfklnbjsdfkl;bnfwdklugbnfks

rjasig hnusfin jkvclsrugsaofkgirkfs;

ok i think im good now.

14. Damián Erro
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

2 days..

15. Ivan Popić
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Too bad HBO chose @gameofthrones as their twitter handle. Because of that #gameofthrones which is the most logical hashtag everybody uses can never become a trending topic on its own since twitter doesn’t allow for an user-name to become a trending topic.

16. Michelle Peeples
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I would love to go to the Professor Thom’s party unfortunately I have an early day at work the next morning.

I’m looking forward to all the live tweeting. Come on Sunday! I will, however, be making a meal inspired by Game of Thrones. Not sure what it will be yet.

17. loco73
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Wow, as incredible as it seems, the big day is almost upon us! Very excited for the new season…and looking at the countdown clock with increasing anticipation! It has been fun coming to the site in all the months in-between seasons, reading all the topics, enjoying all the interviews, trailers and everything Winter makes available for all of us fans.

But now that Season Two is almost upon us, it is time to go under and away for awhile and just simply enjoy “Game Of Thrones” as is. In that I will take a page from Mr. Jay-Z himself and fade to black…

Thank you Winter and everybody else for your good work! See ya when Season Two is over…

18. Thiago Slash
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

damn, now I really wish I lived in NYC /o/

19. userj
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Anyone know of any public premere parties in the DC area?? I’d love to attend one if so! :)

20. Obsidian
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

All sorts of fun and games ! It all sounds great .

At my far away location we’ll be busy all dat preparing the pre-show feast.

Roast ducks , Roast veg (with lots of neeps ,carrots , onions ,shallots ,etc) spicy sausage ,sweet + savoury chicken wings , mixed greens salad , Brown Rice pilaf with nuts + fruit.
    fearsomely strong cider ..and just to be different, Peach cobbler (Hi, Renly !)

21. darquemode
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Obsidian,

Sounds delicious and outstanding!
    But….
    No leek salad?
    Reek… rhymes with leek.

22. Katie
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Michelle Peeples,

Random, but are you one of the boars gore swords listeners? I saw your name earlier, and I just now remembered where I knew it from. They mention you on the podcast quite a bit, lol.

Sorry, off topic comment. Carry on!

23. Hilda
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

I’m gonna be on pins and needles all night,I have to work unlike most you peoples!
    The one thing I am looking forward to the most is all the awesomely hilarious tweets,Winter…please tell me you will be posting this again this year! Those made me so happy!
    Happy GoT day to everyone in advance!

24. David Gilroy
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Hilda:
    Happy GoT day to everyone in advance!

i reckon FaB did it last year and he should totally hit it up again this year. very humorous read!

25. Ted furthman
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

I took the next ten weeks off from work so I can watch and analyze and party

26. Michelle Peeples
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Katie,

Yes, I am! I love them. Third best Game of Thrones podcast. Are you a listener as well?

27. mummer
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Michelle Peeples,
    There’s a pretty good pie recipe in the 5th book.

28. Katie
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Michelle Peeples,

Lol I am. I’m looking forward to their reaction to the new season. Everything that they think they know about the world is going to get all fucked up, it’s going to be hilarious.

29. Michelle Peeples
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

Katie,

It’s going to be hilarious. Here and there they hit it on the head but the things they get wrong are just as entertaining.

30. Michelle Peeples
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

mummer,

Thanks! Pie is a definite possibility.

31. Katie
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Michelle Peeples,

And they’re fairly good sports about the ribbing they take, which is great. Are they doing episode one this week or next week?

32. Dunkeltroll
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 6:33 am | Permalink

For me (and all other GoT / GRRM fans in Germany), GoT Day is today, since amazon shipped both the season 1 blu-ray set and aGoT – the graphic novel vol. 1

33. Michelle Peeples
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Katie,

I believe they are doing one. It probably won’t be up till Monday. I’m really looking forward to their recaps of the episodes.

34. Diana
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Im already there……… WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS????

35. KPonja
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Michelle Peeples,
    Horse heart is a delicacy, fit for a Khalesee :D

36. Cirilo Perez
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

When HBO will have the show Panama, Anybody knows, or for that matter in the us?

37. Dark Star
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

I thought I read, here or somewhere else, that HBO was producing a 25 minute wrap-up of season 1 that would air before the premiere of S.2? Anyone know what I’m talking about?

38. Dark Star
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

And is anyone else surprised that none of the stars were on the late night talk shows this week??? I was looking forward to seeing Peter Dinklage or Emilia Clarke on Jimmy Fallon or Conan. Maybe as the season continues. Also, Peter Dinklage has to host SNL this year!!!

39. JamesL
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Ivan Popić,

Is that really true that #gameofthrones can never trend?? HBO should change the official twitter handle for the Game of Thrones twitter account then. I was going to comment that it was stupid of HBO to advertise #GotDAY as the hashtag for twitter users to use when twitting about the premiere because that will decrease it’s chances of trending worldwide when some people are using #gameofthrones and others #GotDAY. MadMen was trending worldwide for a little bit during it’s premiere last week so I’m sure that GameofThrones would have too and probably for a lot longer. It’s shame it probably won’t now because its such a great and free way to promote the show, people see all these gameofthrones tweets and it trending worldwide and think wow this show is popular and lots of people are watching maybe I should check it out.

40. JamesL
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

Dark Star,

Lena Headey is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel next week. I was hoping to see Peter Dinklage on one or even Emilia Clarke.

41. Spryte
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

For those in the NYC area, right now they’re giving the 22 minute “You Win Or You Die” feature on WPIX channel 11!

42. PatD
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

You can watch it on the HBO site.

43. Spryte
    Posted April 1, 2012 at 1:29 am | Permalink

PatD,

Yes, obviously we’ve all seen the feature already.. I just found it interesting that such a big television broadcasting station dedicated an entire half hour solely to this HBO show. It’s is a great way to lure in more fans. Sorry if my excitement is lost on you.