New videos: Anatomy of a Scene and Religions of Westeros
By Winter Is Coming on in Media.

HBO has released a few new behind-the-scenes and bonus videos. First, two Anatomy of a Scene vids that breakdown what went into the filming of a particular scene. In this case, they are analyzing two scenes from episode 11, the Burning of the Seven and Tyrion crashing the Small Council.

The last video provides more background info on the four dominant religions of Westeros, as told by George R. R. Martin.

Winter Is Coming: Cool vids! I especially liked the religions video. The religions play an increasing part in the story going forward, so it is good to get the audience familiar with them now.

1. Jesper Molbo
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Awesome. I think the religion one will help the viewers that have not read the books.

2. Pod
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Interesting that the flaming sword is one-use, like Thoros of Myr’s sword is said to be in the books.

3. aagaard
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Lots of new clips in the religion video…

4. Michelle
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Very cool! As a religious studies nerd, I really loved the one about the religions of Westeros. Nice to hear from George too!

5. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I wish Carice van Houten would convert me. The night is dark and full of…

6. Two Feathers
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Interesting that George has taken the turtle as his talisman. I believe it represents longevity……….Amen to that , I say.

7. Ramah
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Arya saying her prayer at the start of the religion video! Looked forward to that for so long now. :)

8. userj
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Cool, I liked the burning of the 7 vid. Moar stannis!

9. DavosFTW!
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

did you guys notice the shot of the wierwood from the pilot. I’m gald they changed the look of the tree but the roots and pool look cool. I see what they meant about being too clean. Sean Bean doesn’t look right.

10. Mirri Maz
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

There’s another anatomy video on Theon and his baptism

Edit: also that channel has another trailer that i don’t believe i’ve seen before with Jaime and Cat talking

11. Connie
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

The Turtle also shows up as the guardian of worlds in King’s mythos, and as the Great A’tuin of Discworld fame.

The Turtle Moves!

12. Pepi
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Didn’t know GRRM was of house Estermont … judging by the badge on his hat. :D

13. Superdeluxe
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Permalink
  14. Kai Alexis Price
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

15. Blood Raven's Eye
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

sweet videos! i like how GRRM says at the end of that third video, “and in return Melisandre sees that the lord of light gives him a token of his role as the prince that was promised by ancient prophesy and that’s the sword lightbringer.” This solidifies the theories from the books that the prophesy of Azor Ahai and the Prince that was Promised are one in the same.

16. Nagga's Kin
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Here’s to the only faith that really knew a thing or two about fear. Or three. Four. Definitely no more than five.

Also, brave Ser Knights, King Bruno the Questionable and the Bish. That’s it.

17. Claudiu Gherganu
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

DavosFTW!:

Yes, there is a brief shot of Jennifer Ehle as Catelyn as well there .

18. Claudiu Gherganu
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

I always found it funny how different Ned’s hairstyle is in the old pilot compared to the new one . Even in the new pilot there are some scenes where he has this hairstyle and I wondered why Ned is changing his hair randomly back and forth .
    Oh and I believe Theon has blonde hair in some scenes too .

Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Kai Alexis Price:
    What I am least satisfied with is Melisandra.So far she is not quite the demon harpy from Hell that I imagined from reading the books.She seems far too human and too ordinary.

LOL, she was never a “demon harpy from Hell”. I think the real problem is that some people have really inaccurate mental images of the characters.

20. Lionheart1987
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink
  21. Restore The Day
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers:

The Turtle Moves!
    ..and Jar Jar Martin is an Omnianist

22. Freoduwebbe
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Kai Alexis Price: What I am least satisfied with is Melisandra. So far she is not quite the demon harpy from Hell that I imagined from reading the books. She seems far too human and too ordinary.

She was never a harpy from hell – Reread the Cresson prologue – One of the changes in GOT that I missed was that she drank first – and drank all but a few drops – and was not affected – but she gave HIM a chance to not drink. There was a level of compassion there that was not evident in the show.

on another tack – my HBO On Demand only had ep 13 show up today… I’m at least 3 rewatches behind. They also have a ‘catch up’ video that recaps the first 3 from this season.

23. Two Feathers
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Restore The Day: The Turtle Moves!
    ..and Jar Jar Martin is an Omnianist

Ahhh! Interesting. Thanks for that. Not having read Pratchett I didn`t make the connection.
    Judging purely from the info. from your wiki link,I think the infinite nature of the Discworld pantheon in general would cause much mental “disc” combobulation ( you see what I did there…….:) among the unwashed masses.
    I must admit that when I read what Vimes said about the great god Om, that he was a “very popular god, part in fact due to the fact he imposed very few abominations and no special clothing and was loose on prayers”. I could start to see how Omnianism would be popular on Earth with easy going intellectual types.

24. james yar
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

The turtle is in reference to one of the Wild Cards characters which is fashioned after GRRM.

25. Giselle Glasgow
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Wonderful vids!!! So cool we get to see a little glimpse of when Myrcella on the boat… looking forward to that scene and the events that triggered that…

26. Langkard
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:40 am | Permalink

The video was good, but…

Including the wonderful line by Syrio and the awesome look back that Jaqen gives to Arya after she gives him the axe and runs off might confuse viewers who haven’t read the books, because neither one has anything to do with the religions of Westeros – i.e. the Old Gods, the Seven or even the newly introduced R’hllor. Of course, theirs isn’t technically a religion of Westeros; so it isn’t a mistake, really. We won’t be introduced to the Cult of the Faceless Men until the series gets to ADWD and Arya's story there. And many of the Dornish still worship Mother Rhoyne; but we don't see that until we get to Dorne next season.

So, I guess they’ll have to make another video explaining things when Arya joins the temple in Braavos and Myrcella gets to Dorne and meets the Orphans of the Greenblood who still worship Mother Rhoyne.

And it’s turtles all the way down.

27. Meow
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:46 am | Permalink

It is funny that Carice dares to talk about anything when she’s not read any of the bo0ks.

28. Knurk
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Meow,

yes, all those lazy actors should keep their mouth shut.