Game of Thrones returns to Comic Con
By Winter Is Coming on in Events, News.

San Diego Comic-ConTo the surprise of no one, HBO has officially announced that Game of Thrones will be returning to the San Diego Comic Con. The big news is the revelation that the panel will be held at the huge Hall H on Friday, July 13. No time was given, but an earlier report said 3 PM Pacific.

According to Lena Headey, both her and George R. R. Martin will be in attendance. Headey also let spill that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will not be coming this year. The full panel should be officially announced by HBO soon.

Winter Is Coming: Great news! Last year’s panel was held in the smaller Ballroom 20 and couldn’t fit everyone who wanted to get in, so hopefully this year more fans will get to see their favorite Thrones stars live in person. Apparently, it is rare for a TV show to snag Hall H, which is usually reserved for big blockbuster movies, so this gives a bit of bragging rights to the show and HBO. This is HBO’s first Hall H panel, as far as I can tell. Our intrepid Daily Raven host, Simone Boyce, will be covering the panel for WinterIsComing.net. Mark your calendars!

1. David
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

I loved watching the panel last year at home on youtube. Can’t wait to do that again.

2. Johan Sporre
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Is there anything bigger for next year?

3. gotgotgot
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Anyone else planning on bringing some G. W. Bush heads with them?

4. HyacinthGirl
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

gotgotgot,

Heh.

5. The Kingslayer
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Wonder why D & D aren’t going, could it be related to Bushgate ?

I hope we hear a casting announcement then.

6. Andrew
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Good on HBO for getting the big hall! Very exciting! I wont be able to go, so I hope that there are plenty of people filming the panel for Youtube. It was really interesting to watch the panel from last year; lots of great moments!

Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

The Kingslayer, doubt it. They are smack dab in the middle of gearing up for filming when SDCC hits. They literally flew to San Diego for one day to attend last year’s panel. Given it was the first time either of them would have had a chance to experience SDCC, they probably wanted to do it. Not surprising than that the second time around they would ask to be excluded so they can concentrate on season 3.

8. The Rabbit
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

The Kingslayer: Wonder why D & D aren’t going, could it be related to Bushgate ?I hope we hear a casting announcement then.

Do not think so. It is probably related to the start of filming in Belfast.
    btw, do we know when exactly filming starts?

9. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to see this! Wish I could go! Too bad about D and D but I advise everyone to bring a parka with them. Having Queen Cersei and the man who regularly kills off fan favourites in one room might just make things as cold as a Other’s blade.

10. João Amaral
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Awesome news. And i’m pretty sure the last TV show to use Hall H was Lost.

11. Mimsy
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

12. sjwenings
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Really cool to hear about the bigger hall. Hope they get at least pretty close to filling it up, then.

Last years panel featured most of the stars, I wonder if they can present an equally strong panel this year. When D&D can’t show, I hope some other people will show to tell us more about the process of making this show.

Now who would be the first choice for this?

I won’t be attending anyway, but wishing people an awesome panel, I really hope Peter shows up even though he doesn’t love doing these types of things. Seing as he’s probably the most popular actor/character. Maisie, Sophie, and possibly Isaac (possibly, because it might be a bt daunting for him?) should show. They’re a hoot, and very popular amongst the viewers – readers and non-readers alike. And NCW is always enthusiastic and fun. Would love it if Stephen, Carice or Liam would show. I can see Liam doing it, at least. Conleth, Rory, Jerome, Gwendoline! Oh, my! So many awesome actors! At least I’m really looking forward to watching it on yotube or whatever.

13. Macha
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Alas, I won’t be able to make it this year either, so I’ll have to wait for the WiC coverage as well. Last year panel was really interesting (not to mention lots of fun!) to watch. As a sidenote, I can’t wait to see all the wacky cosplays that fans will come up with. :)

14. Macha
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

sjwenings,

NCW and Liam have to be there, their enthusiasm is exhilarating!

15. lonas
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Itll be presented in the
    KING SIZEl Hall H ohe yeah
    6.500 seats in their hall.
    Itll be an orgy.

16. SugarVampire
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

The Kingslayer:
    Wonder why D & D aren’t going, could it be related to Bushgate ?

Don’t think so. They like to mix panelists from year to year anyway. I just hope GRRM will quickly downplay this and the book/series adaptation disagreements among fans. He can be quite diplomatic and charming at times. The best thing is to have news (new gift chapter, book progress, castings, etc.) for us to focus on.

I hope NCW, Gwendoline, Richard, Alfie and Jack Gleeson will join the panel ;-)

Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

HBO’s first ever Hall H panel? That sounds pretty impressive.

18. Udi
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Loved Comic Con last year! This year should be great too although without Jason Momoa it just won’t be the same. Hope no one raises this stupid overly exaggerated Bushgate issue. Also hope no one calls Lena Headey a Fu…king b…tch… She has a great sense of humor but she deserves better. Her acting was fantastic in S2.

19. Tyrion Pimpslap

Alfie Allen
    Liam Cunningham
    Rory McCann
    Gwendoline Christy

20. Arthur
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Awesome news! When/If they ever come to the east coast I am really going to plan on going. I wonder how much cosplay will be going on. I need to weight lift and get in shape so I could go as a Khal and find me a Khaleesi. =]

Oh yeah, plus meet the cast and crew! Heh…

21. NickS
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Mimsy: Darn you Comic Con and your stupid ticket sales. You have to have ultra nerd skills to get into this darn event! >.<

then consider me an ultra nerd!

what time should i get in line? 9am?

22. Jess
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

It would be cool if there was a SDCC casting announcement. Also, I know it is a Game of Thrones panel, but I would love to hear a release date for the next Dunk and Egg story.

23. The Young Wolf
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

I’d love to see Jack Gleeson there. I think his appearance would start a riot, just don’t throw a cow pie at him.

24. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Jack is a Lannister. Also no Gethin Anthony on your wish list? That’s horrible!

25. Christmas is coming
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Great, another distraction for GRRM. Cmon let’s get the next book out!

26. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

I know he is a Lannister, but he is still a Baratheon in name. Sure, add Gethin as well. I doubt Peter,Stephen,Jack,Maisie, or Sophie will attend.

27. Jenna
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Actually, its mainly rare for a TV show to have Hall H on a day other than Sunday. Last year Glee, Supernatural, and Doctor Who all were in Hall H on Sunday. I know because I sat through all three panels. Sad I’m not able to go this year. :(

Nick S, Last year I believe I was in line about an hour and half or 2 hours before the first panel and was seated in about the last third of the audience.

28. WildSeed
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Glad to know Simone will be there to report, wish I could be there. It would
    be fitting if Jack Gleeson could let this be his farewell appearance for such
    an event ( if the rumors are true of him seeking an academic life ). He needs to
    bask in the fandom for a history making sendoff of glowing admiration. The
    role of king Joffrey was brought to life with his portrayal. Well Struck ser !

29. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

It’s gonna suck if Sopie and Maisie don’t attend, being the fun fan favourites that they are. But yeah not getting my hopes up for Jack or Peter. With Jack’s powerful portrayal of Joffrey I’m suprised someone hasn’t attacked him yet, he might even get pelted with cow pies if he attends the panel.

30. magicinthenumbers
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Its pretty much guaranteed that hall h will be completely full for GoT and likely the whole day leading up to the panel.

31. Pastor_of_Muppets
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Maybe old news, considering this is from the beginning of the month, but I hadn’t seen anyone post about it, so…

Charlize Theron wants a role in Game of Thrones!!!

This would be fucking awesome!

32. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Pastor_of_Muppets,

Someone mentioned it in one of the other posts and said (which I agree with wholeheartedly) that she would make an awesome Val.

33. Pastor_of_Muppets
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Permalink
  34. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

I like Charlize but I can’t think of a single role she could actually play. She’s not the right age for any sizable role, and Val is way too small a part for her.
    Pastor_of_Muppets,

35. Pastor_of_Muppets
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Haha! I’m so behind the times today.

36. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

In the interview she said she would take anything, which includes a small role. I don’t think a big role will work anyway seeing as she has a very busy schedule. Val is a nice cameo role to play and might open the door for other big names to make cameos.

37. NickS
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Jenna:

thanks! 8am it is, lol

38. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

Val’s not a cameo, she’s around for quite a while, doing minor things. A cameo would be like a one-episode appearance.

39. Mimsy
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

NickS: NickS
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

then consider me an ultra nerd!

what time should i get in line? 9am?

I say “stupid” cuz I believe they sell out every year within a blink of an eye. I don’t think they do any on site sales. Or am I wrong??? I have tried getting tickets the last two years and they either have mega site crashes or I’m a minute late in getting online and the darn things sell out.

The darn convention center is in my hood and I can’t get into the bloody building! lol

Give Kit a hug and a kiss for me. LOL Lucky!!

40. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Yes I know, ok bad choice of words. Small role then. My point being she can probably shoot all the scenes needed for a season in one week.

41. Yellow Dog
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

The Young Wolf:

I would love for him to be there so that true aficionados can prove that first, we know the difference between actors and their characters, and second, we know how to appreciate truly superb acting.

42. Arthur
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

Simone better interview fans in cosplay!

That would be fun! (interview the hot chicks).

43. Vee
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Last year’s Game of Thrones panel was tons of fun and completely worth the 3+ hour wait in line to get into the room. Not at ALL surprised they’ve been upgraded to Hall H. Sad I’m sitting this year out but it’ll be nice to follow the fun from home, where WiFi, air conditioning, and pleasant body odors are in abundance. (On that note, fair warning to newbie attendees who like to Tweet: Hall H is notorious for its shitty WiFi and cell connection. It’s like a black hole.)

44. Bonnie Blue
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

Yes, in response to the Charlize subject, I read an interview with her where she said she got hooked on the show right after she adopted her baby. She said she would watch the show on demand when she had to get up in the middle of the night for feedings. Not sure if she would fit any of the roles, but I like her. If she loves the show she might push for a part.

45. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, when we get to ADWD: Lady Dustin?

46. Steve-O
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Can any of you fine ladies or gents describe to me how to get tickets?

Winter- Any chance you might be able to secure a block of tickets to distibute to WiC readers?

47. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Awesome they got the big room. Could this be a sign of awards to come? I wonder…

I might have to go down there this year. I’ve never been, yet I live in LA and am only a quick drive away. The massive crowds are a little intimidating, but GoT under the big top might just be enough of a nerd magnet for me.

48. Megan Tesch
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 12:01 am | Permalink

Yes!! I was one of those people who didnt make it in after waiting in line for 5 hours! This year we’re getting up early and getting in line I dont want to miss it again!

49. sjwenings
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 1:20 am | Permalink

I kinda hope Jack Gleeson will not be there, actually. Seeing him all nice-like wil probably ruin the character a bit. If he’d show up and act like a complete prick, that would be fine, I suppose…

50. Nicholas Perry
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 2:27 am | Permalink

Teena of Myr?

51. darquemode
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 3:01 am | Permalink

There are just so many good and fun actors I would like on the panel that trying to limit it to a sane size is difficult! XD

Of course the Stark kids would be hits (again for those that were there last year)…. As would Kit Harrington of course…

The lion pride returning would be fun I’m sure…. Maybe Jack Glesson this time too… Charles Dance would be too much to expect…. Right?

It might be nice to give some recently deceased characters some press time since they will not have the chance later…. Maybe Gethin Anthony, Tom Wlaschiha or Donald Sumpter…

It would also be fun to get some of the new additions there to make their mark on the fandom. Those like Liam Cunningham, Stephen Dillane, Rose Leslie, or Gwendoline Christie…

I would love to see Jerome Flynn, Conlith Hill or Rory McCann there too!

And just for the sheer chaos factor I would love if D&D sent Esme Bianco! XD
    Imagine the reaction….. just on this site and Westeros alone XD

52. Maester Tcost
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 3:36 am | Permalink

Hall H will be full to the gills. There were 9,000 people lined up for half that number of seats last year, and that was on Thursday. There is no place larger. When and if San Diego can get it together for another convention center expansion there will surely be a larger room, though they will have to fill in part of the bay to do it.

Tickets to the show are long gone. Probably even if you know someone in the industry. At this point, most if not all of the people on the committee will have promised their passes to others. You can go down there and stand in front of the door and offer hundreds of dollars to buy somebody out, but that’s no guarantee you will get in; the committee is pretty good about catching imposters and the memberships are not transferable.

As fir Sophie, Maisie, and Isaac — while the panel would probably be all right, there are just ways in which Comic Con is like the Moulon Rouge. Most of it isn’t that adult, but there are inescapable elements which are. For an ordinary kid, the early teens are a wonderful time to start going to the con, but for celebrities? I dunno, I would at least think twice.

Peter Dinklage did the duty last year. He shouldn’t have to do it again if he didn’t enjoy it, and honestly he did not add a lot to that panel discussion; Jason Momoa was the star of that show.

Delighted that we’ll have Lena again. I want to see Piper Perabo on GoT; no doubt she will be there too, and there will be a Covert Affairs panel. There’s a certain Lady Taena who ought to be cast in Season Six or thereabouts…

NCW would be way high on my list. This is the season to have Natalia Tena. Richard Madden either this year or next or both, ditto Michele Fairley. Gethin Anthony would rock; so would Donald Sumpter, but I don’t know if he’d find this his cup of tea. Kit is bound to be there, Rose Leslie would be great.

They should definitely have Aiden Gillen some year, but I’m inclined to wait for another season or two to maximize his impact. When he does come, I want to see him welcomed with the enthusiasm he deserves. That might be the right time for Sophie to first appear as well.

Emilia Clarke — I would adore to have her back. I haven’t heard if she enjoyed her first time here or not. But I’d love to see her and Kit every year; Lena and NCW too.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention — without D&D there, George might not host again. Simone should get in touch with the programming people right away just in case they need a new host. She would rock!

53. Eleanor
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 4:41 am | Permalink

Maester Tcost: while the panel would probably be all right, there are just ways in which Comic Con is like the Moulon Rouge. Most of it isn’t that adult, but there are inescapable elements which are. For an ordinary kid, the early teens are a wonderful time to start going to the con, but for celebrities? I dunno, I would at least think twice.

I’m confused. Why would celebrity teens need more sheltering from the world than ordinary teens?

Regardless, Sophie and Maisie will be turning 16 soon. You can get MARRIED at that age in the UK! (In Scotland, anyway.)

54. Judas
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 5:03 am | Permalink

I think so. How will you answer the questions? Also I think they are afraid people will throw shoes at them.

55. Udi
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 5:36 am | Permalink

Lol, imagine Jack Gleeson entering the hall behind a gigantic shield when his name is called! That would be stealing the show! Guess we just have to wait a bit longer to get the final list of attendees.

56. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Well the premier of The Dark Knight Rises Is a few days after so perhaps they will invite him to the premiere and go to the Con too? I have also secretly cope we see a grown up Jack in reprise his role from the frost film. Is Aiden in it too? He would be stateside then.

Props to Lena for turning up after last year! I think she has won most of The haters with her awesome now!

57. HugeFloppyGut

Kit Harrington
    Emilia Clarke
    Alfie Allen
    Liam Cunningham
    Rory McCann
    Gwendoline Christy

Soooo basically you want the whole cast…

58. Klavonivs
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 8:46 am | Permalink

GRRRRRRRRRRR…Damn you and your SDCC San Diego!!!! I know it’s not as much covered, but NYC has their own CC, and I think it’s run by the same peoplezz (not to be confused with the Big Apple CC, two different animals). Make something happen for us eastcoasters, HBO, and have something for us there, doesnt have to be a panel…JUST ONE ACTOR/ACTRESS….PLEASE????!!!!

59. Johan Sporre
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

I think it’s a given that Kit and Richard will be there (unless schedules conflict) along with Lena. Emilia, too, probably.
    Maisie and Sophie have been making the rounds at smaller cons the last year, so they may feel ready for Comic con. Jack would be awesome too, but far more unlikely I feel.

60. Who Is Jacopo Belbo?
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 9:09 am | Permalink

totally off topic but here are the TRUE BLOOD numbers for the first two weeks:

True Blood Season Premier: 5.201 (10PM) + 1.066 (11PM) = 6.267
    True Blood Season Ep 2: 4.417 (10PM) + .901 (11PM) = 5.318

essentially the TB season premier got 6.3 million first night viewers and the 2nd episode took a nose dive of almost 1M viewers down to 5.3 million first night viewers.

TB did a 2.9 in the 18-49 for the premier and was down to a 2.6 in the 18-49 for Ep 2.

61. The Black Gate
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 9:18 am | Permalink

It’s too bad she isn’t a bit younger, because if you add A little dark hair and Charlize would make a nice Lyanna Stark if they ever decided to give us a flashback.

But that’s the kind of quick cameo that a big star like her could probably squeeze in if they really wanted to get on the show. I wonder if we’ll see any of that as it gets more and more popular.

62. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Here are my top 5 for ComCon:

Male
    1. Alfie Allen
    2. Jack Gleeson
    3. Conleth Hill
    4. Donald Sumpter
    5. Liam Cunningham
    (I’d list Charles Dance but he seems exceedingly unlikely to attend, IMO).

Female
    1. Lena Headey
    2. Carice van Houten
    3. Natalia Tena
    4. Rose Leslie
    5. Amrita Acharia

63. tysnow
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Ser Lemon Cakes,

Agreed, Ser LC, Charlize would make a great Lady (Dayne) Dustin, the role was made for her. Lady D, was said to be one of the most beautiful women in Westeros and Tyrion points how how awesomely athletic Lady D’s body is. So we have beauty, athletism and grace, a perfect combo for Ms. Thero, who herself meets these characteristics. Also Lady D is a major supporting role in ADwD and will grow even more in the final books.
    I say we fans start a campaign for Ms. Theron to be cast as Lady D, we will except no other substitute.

64. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

tysnow,

Lady Dustin is a good call for Theron. Septa Lemore could possibly work as well (if they dye her hair).

65. Ryan O'Connor
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Loved last years panel, won’t be the same without Jason Momoa.

Anyone going to comic-con? Decent giveaway going on for free costumes and spending money for SDCC: http://www.costumesupercenter.com/costume+contest.html

66. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Theon is too young for Dustin- she now has to be of an age with Sean Bean, Michelle Fairley, and Mark Addy. Theron’s only 36, and she looks even younger than that. Remember, Barbrey had an affair with Ned’s older brother, and it wasn’t like she was a child. She’s gray-haired when we meet her in ADwD, and not prematurely.

Technically, they could make anything work, since she’s a good actress, but really she is far off the right age.

67. Kitty McGoose
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink
  68. The Kingslayer
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

All I want to know is will Emilia Clarke conquer Hall H WITH FIRE AND BLOOD !!!

69. Ser Fred Sanford
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

GRRM needs to stay home and work on The Winds of Winter

70. Kirel Redhand
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Somebody needs to politely tell GRRM to stay home and work on the next book!

Per his livejournal blog, he’s been doing ‘other things’ for the past year.

71. Lisa
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Boo! I only have a Thurs/Sun pass this year as I was quite unable to get one of the coveted Fri/Sat badges!!! ~ Will have to settle for watching the panel online and enjoying my other two days.

Good News for GOT getting into the Big Room though!!!

72. Nagga's Kin
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

1) So, no-one wants to see Alfie Allen?

2) How about an overflow area for Hall H in Embarcadero Marina Park South, complete with live feed to giant projection screens, a decent sound system, a miked dais for questions plus perimeter fence, merchandise & food stalls, portapotties etc? Access on foot and for paying guests only.

73. Moonrise Kingdom
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

My guess is D&D aren’t going because it is now evident the str of the show is the acting, not the writing. Not that they are completely worthless as lead writers. Personally I consider them producers, not writers, because I like to stay positive.

74. tysnow
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Varamyr Fourskins,

Wait was it Septa Lemore that was with Tyrion in ADwD, don’t have the book atm, if so, that is the role I was thinking about for Charlize not Lady Dustin. Because many fans believe she might be Dayne. Someone tellme.

75. tysnow
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Nvrmd, I just googled and it is Septa (Dayne) Lemore I was thinking would be a perfect role for Charlize Theron. Dayne was one of the most beautiful women in Westeros and Tyrion mentions how awesomely athletic Lemore is and graceful. These are perfect characteristics for Ms. Theron. Since Lemore’s role is major supporting an likely to grow, also with a strong air of mystery concwerning it, I can see Charlize taking this role.

76. John Webster
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

LOL, D&D aren’t going because they’re not good writers? Book purists really need to have a wider view of this thing. The reason they’re not going is because they’re busy working; and they’re wonderful writers – not the hacks some of you would paint them as.

77. Baratheon King
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

All Cosplayers in Game of Thrones attire need to meet Friday for a group pic. Anyone know if it is possible? I will be REnly Baratheon on Friday for Comic Con and would love to meet other cosplayers there, after the panel of course

78. Maester Tcost
    Posted June 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

Just seeing the con is all right for most younger teenagers. The stuff that a teenaged celebrity might encounter could be something else entirely. I love the con, but among many other groups it does also draw a certain creepy element.

I would like to see Alfie Allen, yes, and like Natalia Tena this is the year to have him, and I should not have omitted him. I’d also love to see Roxanne McKee, but I think it unlikely that they would send anyone with such a small part.

Comic Con International also brings you Wonder Con and APE, the Amateur Press Exposition, but it’s not related to the other large Comic Cons such as New York and Chicago. The one in New York is a major event and they really ought to be able to attract somebody from GoT unless it’s held at just the wrong time for the shooting schedule.

Last year, at least, GRRM had no choice about attending SDCC, his publishers insisted on it. I think that all in all he’d rather go to something smaller as this place is so overwhelming; on the other hand he did seem to be having just a wonderful time when he was there — but always remember that George himself is a showman too. And a wonderful ham, in his own way. He feels the hot breath on the back of his neck, he’ll get cracking soon enough.

79. Jen@House Stark
    Posted June 25, 2012 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Congrats to HBO for the “big room”. Looking forward to the youtube footage. Would like to see Tom W. the most because he won’t be in S3, just like Jason was on the panel last year and cameo this year. Please D&D cameo for Tom in S3.

80. Handmaiden of Dany
    Posted June 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Anyway heard any news yet on who will be on the panel? It’s coming so quickly!

1. [...] Treća sezona bi približno trebala sadržavati prvu polovicu treće knjige Oluja mačeva, no daljnji detalji nam još uvijek nisu “procurili”. I dok svi očekujemo Martinove naznake kako će izgledati nove figure koje će doći na ploču, HBO je objavio kako će opširnije predstaviti seriju na skorašnjem Comic Con-u. [...]