- Charlotte Hope has been cast in the role of “Myranda,” according to her CV on Spotlight.com. It’s unclear if this is intended to be the character “Myranda Royce” of the Vale, since her introduction at this point wouldn’t fit the books’ timeline precisely, and she is younger than the character is intended to be. An altered version of Myranda Royce or a completely different character with a borrowed first name, perhaps?
- Mackenzie Crook, of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Office (U.K.) fame, was seen several times in Belfast over the last few days, during the time of the script reading. One local spotted him with Night’s Watch cast members, along with Finn Jones and Joe Dempsie, while another saw him dining at local restaurant Made In Belfast, the same night Emilia Clarke was there. UPDATE: In this photo, Mackenzie Crook is standing to the right of Gwendoline Christie, outside the building of the script reading.
- Sarah Bolger, star of The Tudors, has also been spotted in Belfast, as well. Interestingly, she tweeted that she was in Belfast a few days ago, but later deleted that tweet. UPDATE: Sarah Bolger has been cast as Sleeping Beauty in Once Upon A Time‘s next season, making it unlikely she’s involved with GoT.
- Nathalie Emmanuel, who played Sasha Valentine on Hollyoaks for three years, will be appearing on at least one episode of season 3. Her role is unknown but she posted a photo on her Twitter of a script with a faint but readable stamp that read “Game of Thrones,” and the cover clearly stated “Episode 306.” (The photo was later taken down.) She also mentioned beginning horse-riding lessons.
- Has Asim Ahmad been cast as Thoros of Myr, the red priest? According to a tumblr user, “One of the my friends on FB posted earlier about her boyfriend getting a part in Game of Thrones, like a big part that would require him to be in 13 episodes. She didn’t know what exactly it was until now….Turns out he got the part for Thoros of Myr.” She included a link to Ahmad’s Imdb entry. Also, Ahmad mentioned Game of Thrones in a tweet this morning, responding to someone’s question, but the original question has been deleted.
- Speaking of Mackenzie Crook, actor Frankie McGinty tweeted on June 26th that he was coming home from a costume fitting in London, and was “apparently fatter than Mackenzie Crook.” In a first fitting, they would be taking measurements, and it sounds like he was being measured by someone who had just seen Crook. It’s heavily speculative, but gosh, he looks a lot like Ramsay is described. (Cross this one off, he’s denied it on Twitter.)
- Coronation Street actor Philip McGinley has been chatting lately with Gwendoline Christie, John Bradley, Finn Jones and Joe Dempsie on Twitter, and he’s recently started following John and Finn’s accounts, along with the official Game of Thrones Twitter account. The 31-year-old actor would be perfect for Edmure Tully or Beric Dondarrion, with a bit of auburn hair-coloring. He also tweeted on the 28th that he had “horse on his chinos.” Another actor taking riding lessons? Definitely interesting.
Ours is the Fury: Don’t you love casting season?
UPDATE: Frankie McGinty denied being cast on Twitter:
@FrankieMcGinty: @Axechucker Oh, not true I’m afraid. I wish it was though!
Fire And Blood: Too bad! I liked his look! Keep sleuthing, peeps!
UPDATE #2: Westeros.org says that they can confirm Crook isn’t playing Vargo Hoat. So what other role best suits him, if he’s been cast?