The second season is now over, and we are eagerly awaiting news from the shooting of the third one, which is soon to start. Three years ago, though, we were not even sure there will be a series, but preparations for the pilot were in full swing.
- The most interesting piece from June 2009 to look at in retrospect is the one on Eugene Simon being up for the role of Joffrey. Destined for a Lannister, he was eventually cast as Lancel, as we know, but based on that photo I can still imagine him in the role embodied so perfectly by Jack Gleeson on the show.
- We discussed True Blood season two premiere getting record ratings, and becoming the most torrented show at that point. Some three years later, Game of Thrones beat those numbers with the opening episode of its second season.
- The role of Bran was still in the casting process at the time, a hard role to fill, which reminds me to be very thankful that we have got Isaac Hempstead-Wright on the show. A very different Drogo was likewise in the rumour mills those days.
- Speaking of casting, we learnt the name of the casting director Nina Gold (in whom we trust) back then, and got hold of some casting pages, alongside character descriptions and audition dialogues for a few characters. Those also gave us an idea that the potential first season would be 10 episodes long.
- Last but not least, WiC.net joined Twitter that month. The account (@WiCnet) is today an indispensable source of quick updates, which you should definitely follow. Even if you do not have a Twitter account, you can still read the tweets.
Hear Me Roar: Chime in in the comments section with your faded memories of those days gone by. (Did that just sound like Delta Dawn lyrics? Not sure where that came from, never mind me …)