Tom Brooke joins Game of Thrones
By Ours is the Fury on in Casting, Speculation.

English actor Tom Brooke has joined Game of Thrones, according to his agency. The website of Conway van Gelder Grant announced on July 12th that Brooke and their clients Anton Lesser and Tobias Menzies would join the cast for season three.

The LAMDA-trained performer often plays roles with a comedic bent, such as his turn as Corporal Nym in the “Henry V” episode of The Hollow Crown. He appeared as Thick Kevin in Pirate Radio (UK title: The Boat That Rocked) and in 2011 starred in the National Theatre’s production of The Kitchen. Brooke is no stranger to darker roles as well, costarring in the 2011 thriller The Veteran and playing a serial killer on the UK show Thorne: Scaredy Cat.

It’s unknown at this time what role Brooke will be playing on the show. We have reached out to HBO for official confirmation of Brooke’s casting.

Ours is the Fury: Menzies and Lesser were confirmed on July 13th at Comic Con, as Edmure Tully and Qyburn, so I think this is pretty solid. Brooke has been excellent in every movie and show I’ve seen him in, so I’m happy he’s on board. Who do you think he’ll be playing?

1. MockingTheFlayedLion
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

No idea who he will play. I like his face though. That is all I can say at the moment.

2. DGIG
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Patchface?

3. Chelsea Hawk
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

My first instinct was that he’ll be Tom O’Sevens, if his role is even that large.

4. Wicfan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Looks like an older brother of Joff.

5. Michel
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

I don’t see him as any important character..he could be some characters like Lem, Tom, Styr and others that we don’t know the face very well because they are not so descripted in the book

6. The Rabbit
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Vargo?

(Assuming he is not Mance nor Daario)

7. Nick Larter
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Tricky one – maybe a renegade Night’s Watch man maybe Lothar Frey longshots might be a Kettleblackor Maester Pylos

8. Joffrey is dead
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Varaymer?

9. Michel
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Joffrey is dead,

I think that Varamyr will be mixed with Orell

10. Frostdeer
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

I’d guess someone from BWB.

11. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

He could be pretty much anyone, which is why I didn’t name any names in the post. He is a very good actor, and I don’t think he’ll have a teeny-tiny role, but he isn’t famous enough that we can be certain of a large role, either.

So you know, anyone. Vargo, Tom, various wildling dudes, other BWB members. I love his face though. He was friggin hilarious in Pirate Radio.

12. Michel
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

The Vargo that I imagined it’s so different from him..but he does look a bit with Vargo, like a crazy guy

13. TheFlayedLady
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

One of Ramsay’s men?

14. Arkash
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Can be comic and a serial killer ?

VARGO !

15. Direhound
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I’m still baffled at Philip McGinley as Anguy. That role never stood out to me as a meaty part and that guy has got a ton of charisma as noted by his Twitter interactions. So I wonder if they will merge some of the BwoB with his character. Brooke def looks like Joff so could be a Lannister if there were any of that age, maybe Daven? But I pictured the lion a lot bigger. I’d say Night’s Watch lad or one of the brotherhood.

16. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

I bet if they shave his head and ugly him up a bit, he’ll pass for Styr.

Wicfan,

I was going to say that he looks kind of like Grenn’s younger brother, but I can see the resemblance to Joff.

17. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

I’m thinking mance rayder, but that’s just me.

18. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

The combination of comedy and evil roles in his past lead a woman to think of the Goat Mr. Hoat. But OitF is correct, it could be any role. Cool to have another cast member though!

19. Tenesmus
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Mance… finally.

20. Michel
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

LOOOOL..for me he doesn’t have the look of Mance..but otherway he could be Vargo..but I’m guessing somebody of the BwB

21. Eleanor
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Instinctive reaction is: A BwB member.

But Nina Gold has a history of not casting really well-known actors for big parts so maybe he’ll be our Mance after all! He has a certain sternness in his expression in that picture, which suggests that he can easily play a man who’s made his decisions and doesn’t give a damn what orthodoxy thinks.

22. M
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

This seems like a possible Vargo to me. We know Brienne/Jaime have been filming, so it was due, if they’re going to do it, and Vargo isn’t a huge role, really, just an important one.

23. Shinyteapot
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

If there will be a Vargo, he’d have to be cast soon. So maybe? He doesn’t look like the Vargo I imagined, but I have no objection at all if he is. But there are many possible roles.

24. dizzy_34
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

I’m leaning towards a BWB member or Vargo Hoat.

25. The Young Wolf
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

More likely that he’s Vargo than Mance IMO.

Are we even going to get the Kettleblacks? They’re not hugely important, but they do play important roles in certain events.

26. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

If he had a sizable role, I’d certainly lean more toward Vargo Hoat. He would be a great one, but I could see him in other parts too. Hopefully HBO will get back to us and confirm his role.

27. LemonTurncloak
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

I just thought of something! What if Lysa Arryn’s absence during Hoster Tully’s funeral is commented on by Cat, the Blackfish, or Edmure? Great foreshadowing :]

28. MoonCoffee
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Considering the amount of characters, main and supporting, who are male within his age range, he could be anyone. BwB, Bloody Mummers, Kettleblacks, Freys, Florents, Night Watchmen, Mance, Styr, Jarl… maybe even Moon Boy.

29. robb17
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

he was funny in Pirate Radio. maybe Harwin?

30. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

It might be easier to make a list of he isn’t going to play:

1. Daario Naharis
    2. Strong Belwas
    3. uhhh….

31. Kosis
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Yep. Not Daario. That’s all I’ve got.

32. Real TC
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

he is Mance. He can sing. that will be a very important part of his character. he will be there through book 7 i believe too.

33. Shinyteapot
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

The Young Wolf,

I think we need the Kettleblacks! I wouldn’t be surprised if we get one who speaks and the other two are featured extras though. I’m not sure exactly when they show up though, maybe not til next year?

There are certain things that just won’t work without them.

34. Rygar
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

At this point, I’d be excited for him to be Belwas. I want him in this series so bad I am at the point where I’d even take a skinny white dude with short cropped hair!

He does have an eerie resemblance to Joff.

35. Hexonx
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    It might be easier to make a list of he isn’t going to play:

1. Daario Naharis
    2. Strong Belwas
    3. uhhh….

So, is it confirmed he’s not Strong Belwas? b/c that was my initial thought. And who is uhhh…? I don’t remember that character.

Wicfan:
    Looks like an older brother of Joff.

Maybe the rumors that Gleeson wants to quit acting are real & he will take over as Joffrey.

Seriously though I think Mance is as good a guess as any.

36. mags giantsbabe
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

A wild guess, but, a young Howland Reed? It would be cool of THAT story gets told…

Aegon the Conquerer

Sent you a request.

37. Dissento
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

The Red Viper? Donal Noyce?

38. Ashton Lee
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Oh, that’s why he was familiar! I just saw him in Henry V. I’m fine with anyone except Mance, but Mance will be named once casted anyway.

39. lovesduncan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

dizzy_34:
    I’m leaning towards a BWB member or Vargo Hoat.

That would be my guess as well. According to IMDB, he is 34 and, I feel, too young for Mance.

40. Vail Marston
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

The Young Wolf:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronn take over a lot of the Kettleblacks’ role.

41. tim
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

lemoncloak?

42. dmf
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

I see him as a Frey

43. Dissento
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Shouldn’t Mance be in his late 40′s- to mid 50′s?

44. The Young Wolf
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Vail Marston: I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronn take over a lot of the Kettleblacks’ role.

45. hinka
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Difficult.
    Mance could be. But he looks little to young on that pic. But with makeup. If he can sing and is good at acting… I would cast him. He has many seasons to go and probably didn’t cost to much – and he won’t get so much screentime anyway.

46. KG
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I suspect there won’t be the BWB as we know it. They will likely combine characters, making an Anguy Lemoncloak, etc. He’ll be another supersized extra.

47. dizzy_34
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Please be Shitmouth … please be Shitmouth …

48. Jay Arms
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Any Chance he might be part of Dany’s story line? We have heard much about casting for that line, Grey Worm, Ser Whitebeard if not same as Barriston from S01, fingers crossed, Strong Belwas… I doubt this guy would be fit any of these roles, but maybe some kind of sell sword or slaver in Astapor.

49. The Instrumentalist
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Vail Marston,

Assuming you mean Osney, I doubt Bronn could be seduced and tricked by Cercei, he seems more the type of man to go for the money. He’s shown himself to be quite intelligent too, so I don’t think he’d willing agree to her plan of his own will. I just don’t think he’d agree to go to the Wall for any reason, haha.

I feel the Kettleblacks are important for Jaime mostly, and of course Osney is important for the trial. It’s one of the big turning points for Jaime’s character (“she’s been fucking Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack and Moon Boy for all I know!”)

Yes they could by replaced but the question is with whom? I doubt it’s Bronn.

50. Obsidian
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Maybe the photo is deceptive , but looks too young for Mance to me. Having aged Jon up, it wouldn’t do to age Mance down at the same time .

51. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

He is almost too young to be Mance, at 34. He looks younger than his age in some photos, too.
    We know that they have a dozen extras playing the BWB (based on reports from extras) and of course they’ve cast Beric, Anguy and Thoros, so there is a BWB. Maybe they did bother casting other notable members.

I am so hoping they have actual Brave Companion characters. What I wouldn’t give for Shagwell to be on the show.

52. Harry Stark
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Patchface?

53. Claudiu Gherganu
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

dizzy_34,

Who the heck is that guy and why is he mentioned so much here ?

54. Alan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Hexonx:

Just to clarify, the “rumors” are that Gleeson himself said that after Game of Thrones is over, he’s considering a career in something other than acting — namely continuing his studies in whatever he is at college for.

He’s never intimated that he’d quit the show early. Somehow, a quote in an interview became a “rumor” across the interwebs and morphed into this weird idea that the PW must happen this season because Gleeson wants out! The source of that idea is the above comment and no more, from what I’ve seen.

It’s a strange case of something concrete and somewhat innocuous becoming a “rumor” with a ton of innuendo, either by lack of clarity over time or people trying to change it to fit their pet theories.

55. Brian
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Shinyteapot,

I feel like there has to be a Vargo. Jaime’s hand isn’t just going to fall off on its own. But I don’t think he’s Vargo anyway. Somebody earlier mentioned that he could sing, so if that’s true I wouldn’t be surprised if he was Tom o’ Sevens.

56. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

I haven’t seen any musicals or music background on Brooke’s resume/CV. What show or movie have people seen/heard him singing in?

57. Olive
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

dmf,

Maybe Oliver Frey

58. Olive
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Maybe Val’s stolen man. God I hope they cast Val this season

59. darquemode
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Brian,

I’m with you.
    There MUST be a Vargo Hoat and he certainly fits the mold…. He has that very gaunt look to him and the right eyes to play the Goat. At least in my mind. Look at these pics (1,2,3)

60. havok_
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Alan,

He/she was just joking. Hence the “Seriously though” afterwards.

61. lovesduncan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Alan,

Thanks for clarifying the “Jack Gleeson is quitting” rumors. It has sort of taken on a life of its own.

62. G_Lee
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

I hope for Patchface! I want my Patchface :D

63. dizzy_34
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Claudiu Gherganu,

only the greatest Clegane soldier ever…(unnecessary over-cussing makes me laugh)

64. Szamsziadad
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Addam Marbrand?

65. darquemode
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Were you able to find his proper CV?
    IMDB does not have his height listed and I was curious….

I think he is average to tall, but his extreme leanness makes him look taller proportionally than he is… I’ve only seen him in Thorne Scaredy Cat. If I recall the role he played correctly he played a very believable disturbed person. Not outgoing like I picture Hoat, but I can see him in the role nonetheless.

66. Durkadurka
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

someone really suggested Donal Noye.

wow.

67. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

darquemode,

His CV isn’t public- it’s how his agency does things, so I wasn’t able to pull it up.

In this photo: http://www.dannykingbooks.com/images/Tom+Fraser2.jpg
    The man he’s standing next to, Fraser Ayres is listed as 5’9″ and Tom is several inches taller, so I think he’s pretty tall.

I do rather hope he’s Vargo, but if he isn’t, than some other funny part like Shagwell.

68. Arristan the Old
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Probably someone has already posted the right answer, but I don’t think this has come up yet: do we know yet if season 2′s Ser Dontos will appear in Season 3? If not, could this guy be Ser Dontos v.2? If you blinked at the wrong time during Blackwater, it’s almost like he only appeared in the Season 2 premiere, so a recast might be possible (à la Beric Dondarrion; Ser Gregor; Jaqen; cripes, even Shrub’s head got recast, albeit retroactively).

And I’m not yet willing to let myself be convinced we’ve seen the last of Ser Dontos; he could still be Middlefinger’s Plan B, since personally creeping on Sansa right after her betrothal to Joffrey was broken failed to get results, which would sort of bring things back on track with the books. Sort of. In a probably wishful thinking kind of way… Then again, it’s probably simpler to assume the show is pretty much done with King’s Landing’s newest motley-clad fool. :o(

69. darquemode
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Ah, thanks!
    I saw his agency didn’t have public CV listings, but I thought you may have some other source or just know. I did not know the actor he was standing besides so I couldn’t gauge his height that way… Thanks again.
    I think 6-feet or taller is probably right…..

70. Lord Of Lite
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

The key is that he will appear for three seasons and be gone. I’m thinking he’s going to be a Frey.

71. Alan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

The Young Wolf: I don’t think they’d have him betray Tyrion and flip over to Cersei’s side. NTM in AFFC Cersei tries to have Bronn killed, so I don’t see how he can take the role of the Kettleblacks.

The Kettleblacks aren’t really on Cersei’s side. They are Littlefinger’s. I also don’t think they should hand it to Bronn, but it wouldn’t feel odd to have Bronn take more money (Littlefinger) and get a shot at Cersei, would it?

72. bon
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

What a coicidens. I was watching him yesterday in episode 4 of Hollow Crown Henry V…

73. Alan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

lovesduncan:
    Alan,

Thanks for clarifying the “Jack Gleeson is quitting” rumors.It has sort of taken on a life of its own.

Yeah, it’s just interesting to me to see how these things evolve on the internet — specific things devolve into generalities rather quickly, and since the posting ASOIF fandom is actually pretty insular, I think we start half our own rumors!

74. Alan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Arristan the Old:
    Probably someone has already posted the right answer, but I don’t think this has come up yet: do we know yet if season 2′s Ser Dontos will appear in Season 3?If not, could this guy be Ser Dontos v.2?If you blinked at the wrong time during Blackwater, it’s almost like he only appeared in the Season 2 premiere, so a recast might be possible (à la Beric Dondarrion; Ser Gregor; Jaqen; cripes, even Shrub’s head got recast, albeit retroactively).

And I’m not yet willing to let myself be convinced we’ve seen the last of Ser Dontos; he could still be Middlefinger’s Plan B, since personally creeping on Sansa right after her betrothal to Joffrey was broken failed to get results, which would sort of bring things back on track with the books.Sort of.In a probably wishful thinking kind of way…Then again, it’s probably simpler to assume the show is pretty much done with King’s Landing’s newest motley-clad fool.:o(

I agree with you. I’ve never really understood the line of argument that Littlefinger’s creepy/direct offer invalidates the Dontos plotline or makes it any less likely to occur. Sansa does not like or trust Littlefinger — he betrayed her father! — and a public offer like that is more likely a trap than the offer of a real helper who has a plan that will work. The Dontos plotline — which watchers will not know LF is behind — brings a lot of reasons why Sansa eventually trusts it. One, it’s later and her situation (with Tyrion, with Joff dying) is worse. Two, it’s in secret with someone who seems like they are taking precautions, even if it is a drunk. To me, that offer does nothing to make me believe the Dontos escape is out of play. Plus, the whole Florian and Jonquil element is a strong character association for Sansa.

75. Alan
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Does the casting timing give us any indication? We know Jon is later in the year, but do we know what’s been shooting? Does that eliminate any options?

76. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Alan,

Not really, because Brooke was cast weeks ago. I didn’t stumble onto his agency’s announcement until a few days ago, but Brooke could’ve started filming already.

77. Macha
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Could be anyone, really…BwB, Brave Companions. A lot of options, though he looks a bit young for Mance. My first thought was a wildling, perhaps Styr.

78. Stannis's No. 1 Bitc
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

He looks like a Shagwell to me! Can’t really believe no-one’s suggested that yet.

79. Wun-Wun
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

considering we know there are some Theon scenes added for season 3, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was one of the Bastard’s Boys…

80. Cersei... I would
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

He looks like a bastard son of the guy that plays Roose Bolton…

81. Carne
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

I doubt he is Mance.

82. WildSeed
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Pirate Radio was AWESOME but I don’t remember this bloke. There was a good
    supporting cast aside from the headliners Philip S Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Rhys Iffan
    to name a few. It was quite well done and probably reached cult status by now, I’ll
    look this guy up though.

83. Michel
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Cersei… I would,

See the post of “Iwan Rheon cast for Season 3″

84. lavenderlullabies
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

I like the actor well enough but if he is Mance I’ll be mad. I mean… he looks NOTHING like Mance! So he’ll better be someone else!

And since they’re casting people from Pirate Radio/Boat that Rocked… why not Tom Sturridge?? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836432/

85. MATTHEW
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

he looks like the insolent Symon Silvertongue to me

86. Cary Bass
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

What about Oberyn Martell? Too early?

87. Cary Bass
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Wun-Wun,

Wun-Wun:

88. Tom Sevinstrings
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

I smell a Frey

89. Susie-Q
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Cersei… I would,

This is exactly what I also think. He has the pale eyes of a Bolton, I think he’s going to play Ramsay. After all, we don’t have an official announcement yet for him, do we?

90. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

He’s not too early for Oberyn Martell, but he is too young and too white.

Susie-Q,

Iwan Rheon is Ramsay. He was seen filming torture-related scenes with Alfie Allen.

91. Cary Bass
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

How about Euron Greyjoy? That may call for some “comedic” acting

Plus, it stands to reason, with Balon’s imminent death coming probably in the middle of Season 3 that Euron is a definite cast possibility.

92. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

I finally received it!

93. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Vail Marston,

Wonder if that includes doing Cersei and getting tortured by the Septon.

94. Yarya
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Cary Bass: Oh, maybe they’ve changed around the story a bit and cast him as the original Reek

I’m thinking the same thing. Reek (original) will be kicking around for a while to give more drama to the Theon/Ramsay plot that goes for, what is it, 6 episodes?

95. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Sorry, but because he is a terrible, terrible actor!

Isn’t Mance meant to look unprepossessing though? When Jon walks into the tent (?) to meet him, doesn’t he assume another tougher looking guy is Mance?

96. sherry
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

I don’t “picture” him as Mance Rayder. I always thought a bigger name would be cast for Mance, but it is about time for Mance to be cast so there is a chance this could be our Mance! :)

97. He Who Slithers
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

vargo is my wager

maybe he isn’t tall enough, but he sure seems gaunt enough

or cleo frey… ?

98. Sam S
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

One of my original picks for Ramsay. Great to see him in the show!…will probably be a member of the Bros without Banners, though I definately could see him as the Goat. Look forward to finding out!

P.S. check him out in the episode of Thorne called ‘Scaredy Cat’, it’s what made me think he’d be a great Bastard.

99. andrea
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

He was a great great Nym.

100. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Hmm, found a CV for an actress named Elisa Lasowski.
    Very beautiful young woman, not a huge amount of experience. According to her CV, she’s playing someone named “Mirelle” in a Daniel Minahan episode. She wasn’t on the show in the first season so she must be in one of his season three episodes. The character name is new. I’m guessing she’s a small role like a Tyrell cousin or friend o’ Ros.

101. Hi-Fi
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

She’s beautiful.

A Tyrell cousin? Mya Stone? I wonder if we’ll get to see Littlefinger’s trip to the Eyre this season.

EDIT: LOL. Just noticed the name Mirelle. Not Mya Stone, then.

102. hashblower420
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Eh… I don’t know where all these people saying Mance Rayder or Vargo Hoat are getting that from. He’s way too young to play a convincing Vargo (or at least looks too young) and hardly well-known enough to play Mance. I’m guessing a very small supporting roll, but that speculation is as good as any other.

103. red-comet
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 2:55 am | Permalink

I wild like Tod have an axel florent if selyse does not fullfill that role.

104. chris77
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 4:29 am | Permalink

Ser Lemon Cakes: Sorry, but because he is a terrible, terrible actor!

Quote Reply

105. Chickenduck
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Yay for Thick Kevin!!

I could see him either as Ramsay (if it turns out that Iwan Rheon shooting scenes with Alfie Allen is a red herring) or as Vargo. Although he’s not how I imagined Vargo looking, he could do comic psychopath. Just give him a goat’s beard, spatter him with blood and get him to giggle.

Tom Brooke is a prominent enough actor to be in a middle-tier role along those lines. Or if it’s smaller, a BwB member. Probably not Mance, though I’ll wait and see.

Talking other cast members of The Pirate Radio Boat That Rocked – How about Rhys Darby as someone like a Frey or Tom O7s?

In other news, when it gets closer to that time, please cast Mr Dursley as Lord Manderly.

106. Chickenduck
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 5:18 am | Permalink

chris77: I think that he will be Mance. This could be a similar situation as with the casting of “Boy”. They don’t want to reveal Mance’s identity beforehand. I would not be surprised if he will be officially be cast as a “wildling”.

That sounds pretty plausible to me too.

107. Nearly Headless Ned
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 5:27 am | Permalink

Looks vaguely sinister. So possibly Vargo or that droll fellow Shagwell.

108. Nick Larter
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Taena of Myr?

109. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 6:16 am | Permalink

Mmmm we really need some more info from HBO on this one. Ive seen people think this is Strong (weak) Belwas.

110. Stannis' No. 1 Bitch
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Cary Bass,

Euron Crow’s Eye is Balon’s oldest younger brother…. considering Balon was in his late 50s, that might be stretching it a tad!

111. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Nice find Ours!!!

I watched her in Line of Duty last month where she played a waitress/witness. Tall and beautiful…. and believable in her performance. Subtle and nuanced in a fairly limited role.

She would certianly measure up to Sophie Turner… Elisa is 5′-10″!
    Mya Stone may not be far off, althogh Elisa has the poise and beauty to portray a lady at court too…Although I do not see her as one of the Tyrells.

Taena of Myr though…. I can see that.

Despite not being from the part of the world I picture for Dornish… she is dark enough to maybe play one. She doesn’t look too dsissimilar from a few of the actresses I have thought of as Nymeria Sand like Amber Rose Revah, Coral Amiga, and Shivani Ghai. Although I doubt they would intro Nymeria in the first 3 episodes of the season.

112. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Nick Larter,

That’s my guess too..
    I personally pictured Taena of Myr a little darker and a little older (more late 20s to mid-30s), but she certainly is dark and beautiful and therefore fits a vague description of Taena.

113. Don
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 8:42 am | Permalink

I think he’ll be Tom of Sevenstreams due to his look and the fact he was a comedy relief sort in the books.

114. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 9:23 am | Permalink

He Who Slithers,

I have not been able to find an “official” height listing for him, but comparing him to actors in Thorne: Scaredy Cat he looks to be about 6′-1″ or so. He appeared to be a bit shorter than David Morrissey who is 6′-3″, but they never had any standing back-to-back scenes to make a perfect comparison! XD

115. He Who Slithers
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 9:55 am | Permalink

darquemode,

good work on that, i didn’t think he was that tall. i am leaning even more in the vargo-direction. and vargo was described as tall, not freakishly tall, so 6’1″-ish would fit that bill. at least for a person like me who is only 5’10″, that is.

116. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

He Who Slithers,

Part of my thinking he’s Hoat too. Mid-30s is about what I pictured Vargo Hoat so he works there, the crazy eyes and gauntness certainly work too. Also he does play crazy and scary very well (see Thorne where he plays a delusional killer).

One of my top picks for Hoat is Guy Henry (Cassius in Rome) and he is taller at 6′-4″, but not as gaunt. The other actor I really liked as Hoat is Anatole Taubman (Remigius in Pillars of the Earth) is about the same size I think at 6′-0.5″.

He would be an interesting Tom O’Sevens as others mentioned although he is taller and younger (Tom is short and 50-ish) than I imagined, but neither age nor height is a real prerequisite to the role of Tom as far as I’m concerned. Not sure if Brooke sings at all though….

117. loco73
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Vargo Hoat perhaps, them Bloody Mummers have to be a bunch of bloothirsty freaks, so if you want to be the head-bloodthirsty freak…you want THIS guy! Nah just kidding!

Whatever role he ends up playing, welcome to the cast ser and the best of luck to you!

118. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 11:20 am | Permalink

The fact that this guy was casted after shooting has begun probably means he isn’t a main charecter like mance or ramsay

119. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut,

Two weeks ago GRRM commented that they had NOT cast Mance yet… So some bigger roles are still being cast. Although Mance could have been cast since then of course.

120. Brian Foley
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 11:36 am | Permalink

He looks a lot like Jack Gleeson so I’m guessing He could be Ser Kevans son

121. Yellow Dog
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Vail Marston,

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronn take over a lot of the Kettleblacks’ role.

Bronn and Cersei?

1) I would kill to see that scene.
    2) It would kill Tyrion

122. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

HugeFloppyGut,

He wasn’t cast after shooting. His casting was announced on the agency website the same day Qyburn and Edmure’s casting was. So his role could be any size.

123. lovesduncan
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

This just showed up in my Twitter account

and it links to this interview conducted by Maureen Ryan of Huffington Post with Dominic West

No confirmation of what role he passed on but speculation is that was Mance. Can Winter is Coming provide more insight?

124. The Young Wolf
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

lovesduncan,

High profile actor. Shooting in Iceland. Had to have been Mance.

125. YvyB
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Myr Elle ?( Mirelle ) Come on … She has to be a Lady from Myr :)

126. darquemode
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

YvyB,

Ha!
    That escaped me, but certainly has a ring to it! XD

127. Carne
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

E-mailed Brooke’s agent but (to no surprise) he wasn’t allowed to say anything. Oh well.

128. jujuBs
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Based on his past roles he is probably Vargo Hoat

129. YvyB
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Me too , My money’s on him being Hoat. Not so much from the above picture, but others I have seen… just stick a goatee on and we’re away :)

130. Iron Born
    Posted August 3, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

a wildingling or perhaps a white walker. Maybe some lannister cousin cerci will bone.

131. SlimLES
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 1:09 am | Permalink

Cary Bass,

They announced all the major new cast members for Season 3, the greyjoys are not going to be in this season.

132. Magnar
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

I’m currently watching ‘The Boat that Rocked’ (Pirate Radio in the US) and Brooke strikes me as a real Tom o’Sevens. Too young for Mance I think, but could definitely pull of a Vargo.

133. CM
    Posted August 6, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Shagwell???

134. Lyn Corbray
    Posted August 7, 2012 at 1:37 am | Permalink

Brian Foley,

Lancel is Kevans son… I think

135. Chickenduck
    Posted August 7, 2012 at 2:26 am | Permalink

SlimLES:
    Cary Bass,

No NEW Greyjoys, but of the three already cast (Theon, Balon and Yara/Asha) at least Theon will be there. Balon might not appear on screen, the subplot where he falls off the bridge and karks it can just be mentioned by someone else. Yara/Asha, depends how they rearrange her story.

136. Chickenduck
    Posted August 7, 2012 at 2:29 am | Permalink

CM:
    Shagwell???

Would be fun to see him as Shagwell if he isn’t Hoat.

I don’t care who they cast, or even if they merge or re-invent characters from the Bloody Mummers… I just hope they’re really, really, REALLY disturbing, and not just a bunch of guys with swords. The whole demented dark circus vibe will be great if they can pull it off.

137. Jericho
    Posted August 7, 2012 at 3:53 am | Permalink

Wouu

He has a great resemblance to Michael McElhatton.

138. Clyde blackfyre
    Posted August 7, 2012 at 9:17 am | Permalink

The bastard of bolton

139. Zach mullin
    Posted August 11, 2012 at 1:22 am | Permalink

He looks like Anguy but they already chose someone

140. WhiteWolf
    Posted August 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

He looks exactly like the image I had in my head of Vargo. Darken his hair….give him a beard and a lisp and that’s him.

141. Drunk Valemen
    Posted August 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Shagwell, probably.

1. [...] va alătura distribuției serialului TV Urzeala Tronurilor începând cu următorul sezon, potrivit agenției [...]

2. [...] him as a new cast member. No word yet as to what role Brook will be playing on the show. Check out WiC’s article for more details. We will keep you updated once he hear officially what his role will [...]

3. [...] ailleurs, on apprend que l’acteur anglais Tom Brooke aurait été casté bien que l’on ignore encore dans [...]

4. [...] sources tell us that Tom Brooke, first reported to be cast last August, will be playing the role of Lothar Frey. Brooke is a regular in British [...]