Saturday’s GoT Laughs: The cat and the maiden fair
By Hear Me Roar on in Humor.

Okay, so here’s the cat; someone sampled their cat’s meowing and composed the opening theme out of it:

Don’t play it on repeat, it gets annoying in my experience.

And the maiden fair is Brienne the Beauty, a nice mashup of South Park and GoT from the sarcasmismylanguage tumblr:

Speaking of mashups, some wonderful art by bubug, laden with symbolism: The Lannister Family!

1. Choukai
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 7:57 am | Permalink

That cat is my ringtone from now on

Edit: I won’t edit and say first…

Oops

2. Andrew
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:04 am | Permalink

South Park, hell yeah!

3. Choukai
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Also love the lannister picture. A lot of foreshadowing and symbolism on show

4. Macha
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Game of Thrones and South Park, awesomeness achieved.

5. Johan Sporre
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:47 am | Permalink

I need to relisten to Jason Yang’s violin cover after hearing that cat.

Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Johan Sporre,

Haha, yes!

7. feyrband
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Don’t play it on repeat, it gets annoying in my experience.

Wrong!

8. MATTHEW
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Gorgeous and amusing Addams family parody.

A bit heavy with spoilers, though!!

9. Mustafa
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Love the Lannisters photo, the arrow in Tyrions hand is quite nice but can’t seem to figure out who the hunchback person is holding the skull???

Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:48 am | Permalink

MATTHEW,

Only if you already know what they are ;)

Mustafa:

The disgraced Maester Qyburn with Gregor’s head.

Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

12. tysnow
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 11:08 am | Permalink

That Lannister portrait is awesome, Kudos! Love the touch of Jaime holding the sword with his left hand, while his right, mimicking “Thing” is on the shoulder. Myrcella looks so cute, and Tommen holding the cat (nice touch). Obviously this is book version, because of Tywin’s whiskers and Tyrion’s but ugly vistage, perfect all around. Loved Cersei’s cold beauty and Joff’s douchbag smirking expression.

13. Celia
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 11:42 am | Permalink

The Lannister portrait has been my desktop wallpaper since I first saw it on io9. I love all the (spoilery) touches.

Like Tommen and his cat!

14. Winturd
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Joffery shall be dead soon, like the bird

15. glenn
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

cant stop watching the cat!!

16. Currer Bell
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Is that poor cat cross-eyed?

17. darquemode
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Cat people scare me more than fire scares The Hound!

18. Bill Volk
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

If Qyburn and Ser Robert Strong are allowed in the family portrait, why not Shae wearing the Hand necklace? Why not Uncle Kevan with a spider crawling up his chest or something?

19. The Queen's Hand
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Mustafa:

I am guessing Qyburn

20. ANiceChianti
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Skull’s too small.

LOVE Myrcella’s scar.

Why does Ser Pounce look so malevolent?

21. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

In the Lannister drawing, woman noticed that Jaime is looking at Cersei, but she is looking straight ahead. Interesting.

22. Kualan
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:

23. The Dear Hunter
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Or maybe the dead bird has something to do with the pigeons in his wedding cake, although I can’t quite make the connection.

24. Mormegil
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar: A dead bird spiked on Joffrey’s crown? That’s the one I’m missing … (spoiler mark, please).

The Artist said when asked-

Little stuffed bird on the crown (mayby a cat toy stolen from Balerion) is just an indication of Joffrey’s weird, sadistic sense of humor, thankfully

25. Abyss
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Who let the dogs out?

26. WildSeed
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

* Smiles * with Bannerman pride and joy to listen to. Well done.

27. Jonathan
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

I’m surprised, for the Lannister picture, nobody mentioned the disembodied right hand on Jaime’s shoulder. Another nice little bit of foreshadowing.

28. the goat
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Someone please tell me that didn’t just happen.

29. Morgan King
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

ANiceChianti,

I was thinking that was supposed to be the mean cat that Arya chases, and that Tommen comments on later (that some imaginative readers have argued is actually Balerion, Rhaenys Targaryen’s cat – perhaps more wildly that she’s warged into it permanently). Though this cat does seem to have both eyes, so maybe not.

30. Hexonx
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Nice pic of Sansa with a scarred hound, a wolf, a lion and a little bird on her shoulder; by the same artist.

31. ANiceChianti
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Hexonx,

Yeah, that really is strikingly beautiful.

Morgan King,

Wow, really!?

32. andrew
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

are those supposed to be frankenstein neck bolts on the big suit of armor? robert strong? nice if so

33. Judy Bouma
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

darquemode: Cat people scare me more than fire scares The Hound!

What scares me is how intently my Bengal cat was listening to the cat video while I played it. I fear she was getting ideas….

34. The Instrumentalist
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 2:04 am | Permalink

As for the dead bird on Joff’s crown, this is what the artist said it was supposed to mean…

“the little stuffed bird on the crown (mayby a cat toy stolen from Balerion) is just an indication of Joffrey’s weird, sadistic sense of humor, thankfully”

35. The Instrumentalist
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 2:08 am | Permalink

Mrs. H’ghar,

That’s really the thing that strikes me most in this picture… most of the details are little hints, but that really in a nutshell explains their whole relationship. The fact that the artist made it clear so subtly shows their remarkable talent and understanding of the series. Just brilliant. I love our fandom, ASOIAF fans are the best :)

36. Biscotti
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 2:15 am | Permalink

I think the guy with the skull probably represents Kevan, because he dies. Perhaps holding the skull represents he brought it on himself?

37. andrea
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 2:54 am | Permalink

what a lazy meow cat! :)
    Love South Park Brienne and Lannister´s hideous cat. Really, they are the Adam´s family.

38. Damryn of Dorne
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 3:09 am | Permalink

I think that was the Targaryen kitten, the black mean old fart :P

39. Tomer Segal
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 4:11 am | Permalink

That cat. Hearing it non stop for two days now. one of the best covers out there for the theme!

HMR, Thanks for publishing it so quickly!

40. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 4:29 am | Permalink

Biscotti,

It’s Qyburn with the Mountain’s Skull

41. YvyB
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Kualan: Doesn’t it represent Sansa Stark, the “little bird” according to the Hound, and her suffering at his hands? ? That was my first though, anyway.

I thought that too, but it appears not.

And oh my the dog response to the cat! Ha ha !

42. Harry The Heir
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 7:53 am | Permalink

43. Harry The Heir
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 7:58 am | Permalink

Also, I very much like the cat!

44. Hilda
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Where can I get that as my ringtone. That will totally annoy the crap out of people! That cat is gorgeous!

45. Tír Airgid
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

The Adams poster is amazing. And like the Sansa one, so rife with poetically executed hidden meanings! ahhhh… Hats off to the artist.

Don’t have the stomach to listen to the cat song, though.

46. Mormegil
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Harry The Heir: I know this is off topic…. Do you think we will see The Red Viper in Series 3? He is like my favorite Dorne character, and I think he is awesome! Opinions?

Someone on IMDB who is supposedly up for a smaller part did say that the RV was being auditioned for but there is no proof and the poster could just be making things up.

47. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Is that Gregor/Robert Strong in the background? :-)

48. The Sand Snake
    Posted August 27, 2012 at 12:22 am | Permalink

The Dear Hunter,

That seems accurate to me, of all the guesses here