More love for Thrones: EWwy, Portal, and Tubey Awards
By Hear Me Roar on in Awards.

After the impressive collection of Emmys Game of Thrones won on Saturday, the internet has spoken as well.

First off, Lena Headey won her supporting actress in a drama nomination bid at the EWwys, Entertainment Weekly’s “Emmy snub” Awards.

The Portal Awards for 2012 have finally been announced, and Thrones won four of the science fiction and fantasy awards this year, most of all tv and movie productions:

• Best series
  • Actress (TV): Lena Headey
  • Supporting actress (TV): Maisie Williams
  • Young actor/actress: Maisie Williams

Last but not least, the awards with probably the largest number of different categories – Tubeys 2012. Ever increasing in its impact power, Game of Thrones improved the score from last year from four wins to seven! Head over to Television Without Pity for more.

• Best drama
  • Best season finale
  • Favorite actress: Maisie Williams
  • Best ‘hell yeah!’ moment: Tyrion’s Blackwater battle speech
  • Favorite character: Tyrion
  • Best badass: Arya
  • Most annoying teenaged character: Joffrey

Hear Me Roar: I think we can safely say without exaggeration that GoT is doing amazingly well with all the awards this year and has definitely improved its standing in that respect.

1. blackbird7309
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!!! I´m happy for Maisie, she deserves it so very much. Joffrey won an award? I bet he´s very pleased with himself ;)

2. Clob
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Now that’s the kind of attention Maisie has been deserving. Nice all around

3. Rukie44
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

I’m stitting here wondering who else would even be nominated for Most Annoying Teenaged Character that could possibly be more deserving than Joffrey.

4. Omar Brown
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Win win win! Keep em comin!

5. darquemode
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Winning is coming….

6. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Rukie44,

Don Draper’s daughter perhaps ?

7. darquemode
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Rukie44,

The incredibly annoying Henry from Once Upon a Time?
    Anyone/ everyone in the cast of The Secret Circle?
    The entire cast of Glee?

I guess I appreciate being annoyed by and angered by Joffrey compared to those other characters. They’re enough to make me stop watching a series or avoid watching it to begin with! XD

8. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

It really is a testament to Jack Gleeson’s acting that Joffrey is hated so much, but that Jack seems like one of the coolest guys to hang out with IRL.

9. Joshua Taylor
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Kiernan Shipka’s amazing! She outacts and outclasses January Jones every scene.

10. lovesduncan
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Congrats again to all!

Finally Lena and her masterful (and maddening) performance is acknowledged. Glad to see Maisie getting the well-deserved recognition.

11. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

I don’t find Joffrey annoying. I full on hate the guy! If he annoyed me I would not like to watch him on screen so much.
    When he dies I’m gonna be “yeah! Suck it bitch!” but I’m also gonna be sad we’re not seeing Jack Gleeson anymore.

12. Cary Storm
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

darquemode,

Walt Jr. from Breaking Bad?

13. The mighty hodor
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

11th!! Wooohooo. Bugger getting first comment it’s all about number 11

14. Cary Storm
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

While I think it’s wonderful that Arya won the “best badass” category, television Arya is going to have to step up the killing somewhat in order to compete with book Arya.

15. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Oh I agree she’s a talented little actress but that doesn’t mean I can’t find her character annoying ;-)

16. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

IMO he’s more mature than Jessie.

17. darquemode
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

Walt Jr… excuse me, Flynn can be annoying at times, but I think the most annoying thing about his character is that it is the most under-utilized character on the series. Realistically, they have done about as much as they can with Jr, but compared to every other role on the show he is window dressing and only brought out when they need more drama and pressure between Walt and Skyler.

18. darquemode
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Annoying is one of those extremely subjective terms I guess.

To some people (like myself) annoying and infuriating are two entirely different feelings, but to others infuriating, childish, evil, petty, whiny, passive-agressive and every other adjective can be seen as falling under the umbrella of “annoying”.

Personally, I enjoy being angry at Joffrey and do not find him annoying whatsoever! XD

19. DuckDuckGoose
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

darquemode,

If Annoying includes ‘most likely to behead upon a whim’ then Joff has it !

20. Cary Storm
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Jesse is not a teenager!

21. John
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    darquemode,

Walt Jr. from Breaking Bad?

Yes, he’s your winner. I think Breaking Bad is probably going to go down as the best show ever, but Walt Jr. is definitely the weak link of the show. See, there’s a difference between an annoying character and a detestable character. Walter Jr. is the former (mostly because of R.J. Mitte’s bad acting), Joffrey is the latter. He’s a great, great character. He’s despicable, but he isn’t annoying.

22. Hassan Madkour
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

The only bad thing about this is that Sophie didn’t get any awards.

23. John
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

darquemode:
    Cary Storm,

He’s only underutilized because R.J. Mitte can’t act. I respect Vince Gilligan for wanting to give the role to someone who actually has the same affliction that Walt Jr. does, but I’d much rather he had cast someone who had any range whatsoever. There’s a reason why he mostly just eats breakfast. He’s brutal doing anything else.

24. John
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen:
    Rukie44,

Don Draper’s daughter perhaps ?

I actually like her a lot. Kiernan Shipka is the best young actress on TV not named Maisie Williams (though Kaitlyn Dever is really good on Justified).

25. John
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

My favorite part of this was Arya winning Best Badass. Her own show has tons of badasses on it, as do other shows, but she still won. Pretty impressive for a preteen girl. I’m not sure I’d agree that she actually is the best badass on TV (not sure exactly who I’d pick now that Jack Bauer is in retirement), but she probably is the best badass relative to what people would expect just by looking at her).

26. K
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Rukie44,

He may still be a pre-teen but my vote for most annoying young character goes, hands-down, to the never where his parents think he should be, Carl on the Walking Dead!

27. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Congratulations to GoT cast and crew on more recognition of your individual and collective excellence! Bravo!

28. loco73
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Hells yeah! Congrats!

THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!!

29. MedievalFantasy
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Hassan Madkour:
    The only bad thing about this is that Sophie didn’t get any awards.

Well, she didn’t have much to do this season, and her story didn’t really go anywhere, so I can see why she is overlooked. Next season, and season 4, will definitely be where she’s gonna hit it big.

30. Chump Force 1
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 2:13 am | Permalink

Most annoying? No contest…Carl from “The Walking Dead”!

31. Grijnwaald
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Well done Maisie! That’s an impressive range of awards for a 15 year old!

Chump Force 1,

Yeah, that’s true. Still Joffrey is a £@?#%*!$

32. Tír Airgid
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 7:04 am | Permalink

[fangirling] Maisie FTW! You rock!! <3 <3 <3 [/fangirling]

Sorry for the above, can't help the fangirl in me take over the keyboard when Maisie Williams is involved. Congratulations to everyone involed. Keep'em coming!

33. Gorshak
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Different topic:

The exact dates of the filming period in Dubrovnik have been published at

According to the report filming will take place between September 27 to October 7.

I will be there…

34. Rygar
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Well deserved win for Maisie.

35. Caro H
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

MedievalFantasy
    Hassan Madkour,

I couldn’t agree more that Sophie should have won or at least been nominated but congratulations maisie!

36. Maegor The Cruel
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 10:39 am | Permalink

I fucking love that funny or die skit with Maisie and Patrick Stewart. That shit has me on the floor every time hahaha. I’m really happy for her and I think she plays Arya perfectly. I can’t wait to see her in the coming seasons.

37. Lost Northern
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

I am deceive because emilia Clarke didn’t receive any award :'( SHE WAS SO BADASS WITH HER “WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS”

38. Lost Northern
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I am deceive because emilia Clarke didn’t receive any award

39. Winturd
    Posted September 21, 2012 at 12:40 am | Permalink

I hate the fact that GoT is getting more awards for the pathetic season 2 than season 1, it will make writers more cocky, so much so that they might make season 3 as bad as season 2.. just so..

40. Grijnwaald
    Posted September 21, 2012 at 4:23 am | Permalink

Winturd,

What?! i don’t understand, how was it “pathetic”?

41. Lucky Luke
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Well-deserved awards to Maisie!