MGOT: Overheard on Set: Prisons, Mud and Caves
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Production.

There’s a new update at Making Game of Thrones, with tidbits overheard by Cat Taylor on set. There are no photos this time but there are some mysterious references for the fans to puzzle over.

“All I’m saying is, if you had to choose between a basement prison and a Sky-cell, I’d go cell. I mean, it least it would have a view.

“What is the deal with this mud? It’s had a year to dry out and it’s still a bloody sinkhole.”

“Dude – you are in Belfast, there is no such thing as a year of drying out.”

“Can I borrow your torch?”

“Why do you need a torch, we are inside and there’s a huge lightening rig like 30 feet above  us.”

“Not in the cave set there isn’t. There might be something in there.”

“No more Batman movies for you.”

Ours is the Fury: There are at least two scenes involving caves that I can recall from A Storm of Swords. One of the sets mentioned before as being extremely muddy and wet was Magheramorne Quarry, used for Castle Black scenes and some Blackwater scenes, but with the rain in Belfast, lots of sets could have become very muddy.

Posted September 24, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

The specific set had a year to dry. I take it they haven’t been shooting there – for a year. The quarry is a good fit.

2. Isabelle
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Oh, I do hope that a certain cave scene featuring a fiery wildling and bemused crow makes it in!!! :-)

3. Watson
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

One of the comments on the previous MGOT post said they built the cave for Sandor vs Beric. This would seem to rule that scene out as the subject of the that post as it also made reference to night shoots, which wouldn’t get used for studio shooting.

It wouldn’t be surprising if they used the same set for both cave scenes with some redressing.

4. Isabelle
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Watson:

My fingers are crossed! Thanks for the heads-up!

5. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Isabelle,

Don’t we all.

6. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

A woman is pleased that there are cave scenes this season! The possibilities really are numerous, but let’s say they’ll probably be BWB rather than Jon Snow/Ygritte IMO.

7. Kiftyn
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

8. Cary Storm
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Watson:

I tend to agree. Fairly certain both scenes will occur, so they’re getting more cave bang for their buck.

9. Pastor_of_Muppets
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Kiftyn,

Agreed, but I’ll take what I can get for now. Hopefully they’ll be a teaser released soon, though.

10. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Kiftyn,

Sadly GRRM is too busy (hopefully with TWOW) to indulge us.

11. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Kiftyn,

12. Ryan E
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Kiftyn: If this is a large part of Cat Taylor’s job, she’s not very good at her job. This weird secrecy is lame. We got better information and better teasers before she started doing this junk. Someone needs to light a fire under her butt.

Cmon, you don’t really think writing a post about filimig every few weeks is a large part of her job, do you?

13. Ryan E
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury: Kiftyn, This is not a big part of her job, as far as I can tell. She’s Benioff and Weiss’s assistant and probably has lots of duties. They’re not really obliged to give us any hints, so I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

My thoughts exactly. Why not enjoy any hint? Its not like they are obligated to give out lots of details that could become spoilers.

14. Isabelle
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm: Fairly certain both scenes will occur, so they’re getting more cave bang for their buck.

Literally!

(Sorry guys…could not resist)

15. Tír Airgid
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

Watson:

I concurr. And keep my fingers crossed, just in case. ;)

16. Caro H
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

These hints are great but I need a teaser now please!

17. Spliced
    Posted September 24, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

My money is on the Prince of Winterfell.

18. G_Lee
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:08 am | Permalink

No Report on the Emmys whatsoever???? :/

19. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:27 am | Permalink
  20. Ash
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 1:15 am | Permalink

I think G_lee means the main part of the Emmys?

21. th3wick3d1
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 1:52 am | Permalink

Ash,

well GoT didn’t win any of the major awards, so no point of an announcement… right?

22. Mjoed
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 2:18 am | Permalink

th3wick3d1,

well, except maybe gratulations for absolute awesome “homeland”. well deserved in my opinion.

23. Ash
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 4:11 am | Permalink

th3wick3d1,

Well, some if us didn’t know that eh! So an announcement to say,GOT didn’t win anything clears that up……right?
    Wanker

24. JonSnow83
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:07 am | Permalink

Could this not be related to Davos on his rock/cave after Blackwater anyone agree?

25. wondorog
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:22 am | Permalink

“No more Batman movies for you.”

It can be a reference to Batman character Harvey Dent aka Two-Face, like Sandor Clegane’s “two face”, so i think this that cave scene.

26. JonSnow83
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:59 am | Permalink

wondorog,

There two actors in Thrones that also appear in Batman… I just glossed over that reference as throw-away, but maybe not?

So, we have Littlefinger or Joffrey. Neither have a memorable ‘cave’ scene that I recall?

27. YvyB
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Clearly discussing Tyrion .
    Might be filming all his stuff whilst they have him ?

28. JonSnow83
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:28 am | Permalink

YvyB,

Could this be a nod to PW then perhaps…?

29. Watson
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

YvyB,

It could easily be Theon or Davos.

30. ACVG
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:50 am | Permalink

not that im not grateful for any piece of news that comes from the sets, but ….
    this is some lame news
    is anyone else feeling like a pack of wild dogs being fed scraps?

31. Duff Man
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 8:25 am | Permalink

The fact that they mention a prison leads me to think they are talking aboutSandor and Beric and notJon and Ygritte

32. YvyB
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Watson,

I was just thinking he was the only one who’d been in both ? Dunno , just putting it out there :)

33. Ice&Fire
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Yes I was thinking

Davos

as well

34. Ice&Fire
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Yes I was thinking Davos as well

35. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 10:09 am | Permalink

G_Lee:
    No Report on the Emmys whatsoever???? :/

I have been wondering the same thing.

I guess they didn’t win…ANYTHING!? –> http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/the-emmy-awards-2012-live-blog/

Yep, nothing (for acting that is)… http://www.emmys.com/shows/game-thrones

I am shocked…stunned more like it!

36. Cary Storm
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 10:41 am | Permalink

wondorog:
    “No more Batman movies for you.”

Or many Batman’s headquarters are in… a BAT-CAVE….

37. G_Lee
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe,

I know they didn´t win anything. At least I read that homeland won best drama series. Would still be nice to get a little news here on WiC about it?
    I mean, NO Emmy won is still news, isn´t

38. Kevin
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

haha, cave bang

39. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm: Or many Batman’s headquarters are in… a BAT-CAVE….

Joffrey’s death IMO, considering Jack Gleeson was in the first BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT movie. (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Gleeson)

EDIT: Never mind, the quotes seems to be a singular thread/discussion between two people (extras).

40. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

G_Lee: Tyrion4Lyfe,
    I mean, NO Emmy won is still news, isn´t

I agree. I was surprised when I visited the site this morning and there was no Emmy post.

41. Conor
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Lol at everyone trying to decipher hidden messages in what’s clearly just a conversation between two people.

They are obviously crew or extras just chatting about the show in general while joking around about the weather and their situation.
    The only thing of note is that there is a cave set this season which could be for BWB, Jon & Ygritte or Both.

42. Arline Chase
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe: I am shocked…stunned more like it!

THOROUGHLY disappointed! Just as I was with the nominations.

43. Cary Storm
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe,

Joffrey’s death? Is this some spoiler perhaps you didn’t tag?

44. Tom
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Tyrion4Lyfe,

Joffrey wont die this season. Not much happens after his death in the books

45. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    Tyrion4Lyfe,

Joffrey’s death? Is this some spoiler perhaps you didn’t tag?

SoaB…sorry… >.< (fixed by mods I think)

46. Alan
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Guys, overheard on the set is just that. The crew isn’t thinking up Froggy-style casting clues for you.

I figure the Batman reference is just joking about something hiding in the cave.