First set photos from Croatia
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Press.

Filming began today at the fort of St. Lawrence in Dubrovnik and several photos were taken by the Croatian press of the cast as they arrived. Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Aidan Gillen, Jerome Flynn, and Daniel Portman were all spotted. The fort was previously used in season two, for Joffrey’s name-day celebration, for the location where the nobles took refuge after the riot, and for Cersei and Littlefinger’s heated exchange about the nature of power.

Additional photos can be seen in our gallery.

UPDATE: The Dubrovnik Times has similar photos from the first day of actor filming, as well. The Times notes that, “After filming in the fortress the whole production crew moved to the Pile area nearer the Old City.”

Also, DubrovnikTV.net has film footage of the actors arriving in costume.

Ours is the Fury: The costuming looks great so far, with Cersei’s beautiful red dress having a Lannister feel. The stiff back is somewhat reminiscent of Margaery’s notorious season two gown, but is a more flattering design.

1. The B of B-town
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Flynn always looks badass, so glad to see him and Portman on set together!

2. Roey Wullman
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Peter looks sad after losing the emmys :(

3. Flóra Ballabás
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

I love the color of Cersei’s dress!!! And Bronn looks great too!

4. Andrew Eng
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Roey Wullman:
    Peter looks sad after losing the emmys :(

As he already won an Emmy last year, I doubt he’s complaining. In any case, he doesn’t seem like the type of person who would complain about it. And at least he lost to someone worthy like Aaron Paul rather than, say, to either of the Downton Abbey men.

5. darquemode
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Nice to see Cersei and Bronn … sigh. :)
    Um… is that Daniel Portman / Pod with his fly open? XD

6. Turncloak
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Why is Bronn not dressed like a knight?. Hope they don’t pass on that

7. Trilmabdas
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Bronn looks manly as all hell sportin that tote bag!

8. KatieJo
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

I really just want Cersei’s dress. I don’t even care if I have nothing to wear it to. I’ll sit on my couch drinking beer and watching Boardwalk Empire in it, no regrets. I’d just like that in my life, kthanx. *stares*

9. little black kitten
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Yay, Pod!

Also great to see more cast/crew gearing up for filming. Cersei seems to be changing up her fashion a bit this season. Less flashy, neckline imitating Margaery’s–could she feel intimidated?

10. Isabelle
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

That dress is seriously amazing.

11. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

None of them are fully dressed, except maybe Cersei. Any armor and overcoats were probably added once they were actually on the set.

12. Dan M
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Even after being knighted, I never imagined Bronn wearing armor. Not his style.

13. freoduwebbe
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

KatieJo,

right there with you, what a gorgeous dress.

14. Morrigan
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

That dress could be really beautiful but the top part is kind of ugly, reminiscent of Margaery’s god-awful dress in S2. Whoever is designing those ugly costumes need to be flogged. :P Especially Margy’s dress, yuck. And I’m not remotely into fashion. ;)

15. Jim
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Morrigan:

Seriously. I don’t pretend to know about fashion but that Margaery dress is nothing short of an abomination

16. Tessa Leonie
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hmpf I liked Margaery’s and that wine red number on Cersei is gorgeous. Fantastic shade of red for her colouring.

17. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Some tumblr users have turned up more photos including this one of Tyrion where his new scar is very visible. Link

18. jkb
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

bueheheh podrick in shades. they should keep them for actual shooting tbh ;p

19. Caro H
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

so excited to see these photos!! cersei’s dress is beautiful- way better than marge’s last season imo, and hmm i do wonder what scenes will they be shooting in croatia? i think sansa, joff and margem QoT migh also appear in some outdoor scene. there was a pic of sophie turner on tumblr at some airport this tuesday so maybe she is already in croatia. can’t wait for more insights to S3′s shooting!!

20. The Rabbit
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

yeah. probably via this site. They are hidden at the right bar in the link I ve posted this morning in the previous thread.

21. Nerd
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

That’s definitely Pod with his fly open… I don’t remember that from the books.

This is bullshit. Why do they have to change everything? Why do they take out my favorite scenes from the books and add new stuff? I hate new stuff!

Having his fly open will totally change Pods character and have serious ramifications down the line. I used to like this show but now it has deviated way too far from the books. This is the last straw. Im canceling my HBO right now and writing an angry letter to David and Dan.

22. sjwenings
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

I love Cerseis dress! The sleeves really gives it that fantasy-touch, and theres nothing wrong with that. Color is gorgeous too.. And it’s red. :)

23. Taylor
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Morrigan,

Totally. The Emmy award winning costumes suck. #sarcasm

24. Arqueid
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Nerd,

Pod clearly has his fly down because he is coming out of one of Little Finger’s houses with Bronn. That said, I find the costumes on the 4 girls they are walking with to be quite lack luster. The whores in the previous seasons had much better costumes.

Just Kidding… Maybe

25. Tír Airgid
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I love the thought that now Highgarden’s there with all their might, their fashion sense is beginning to influence KL’s. And both the dress’ shape and colour look stunning on Lena.

26. Obsidian
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Let’s not be silly..The costumes richly deserved an Emmy ..how many hundreds of costumes were there ? That Emmy would not have been won on the strength of a few singled out ..and there’s no question there have been a few misses among the hits..notably Margaery’s wardrobe . Cersei’s toned down version is much better , and I agree ,a great colour..But the costumes could win an Emmy every year and it wouldn’t change my opinion that Margaery’s costumes were a big miss , as were Lysa’s from season 1.

Generally , I think the male costumes have been far stronger , and more believable than the women’s.

27. Obsidian
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Tír Airgid,

All through S1 , I was looking forward to Margaery and her ladies bringing a bit of colour, life and femininity to the women’s costumes in KL .. Marg.’s costumes last season didn’t do it for me … maybe KL will have a softening effect , and there’ll be a positive effect on both. ( Ever the pollyanna )

28. Mimsy
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Cersei’s dress is gorgeous, but it’s a shame her hair isn’t coiffed up and decorated with a crown. Braids just aren’t as glamorous as a smart up do. =)

29. Balerion
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Are there going to be giants and mammoths in this season that’s all i wanna know.

Someone?

30. Solar
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Why has no one mentioned the fact that Littlefinger clearly stole that outfit from Robert’s wardrobe? It literally looks like the exact same design he wore all season…except slimmed down.

31. Joh
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I love Cersei’s dress. Lena Headey will be gorgeous next season. :D

32. aagaard
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Nerd:
    That’s definitely Pod with his fly open…

I do hope you are joking. This picture is clearly not from the actual shouting, but when they are going to/from one.
    The most likely explanation is that he simply forgot to close it.
    And depending on how they made the leggings it might not actually be possible to close it… other than making sure that they are keept straight.

33. SillyMammo
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

lol In the Dubrovnik Times gallery, Littlefinger is opening the mini-van door for Cersei? What’s his game? :0P

34. Nerd
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

aagaard,

Duh, wardrobe malfunction.

35. serum
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

darquemode,

I dont think there is a fly on those pants, hahahaha!

36. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

lol Bronn even looks badass holding a bag like that.

37. markotom
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

in the video they said that Peter was late bacause he was partying the night before….yeah…you cant spell PIMP without IMP….

38. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Let’s hope Aiden Gillen’s performance this season is alot better, I don’t what happen during S2 but for some reason his Littfinger morphed into a pantomime villain. It was weird because Aiden’s was one of the best performances in s1.

39. Vaess
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

I love that colour already but it looks amazing on Lena. And picture 2 – so much Pod love.

40. Cary Storm
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

And then there’s this there. I imagine wicnet will be providing a post here, but it looks like a lavish Tyrell affair, on the scale of a wedding. Check for purple.

41. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

That really doesn’t merit its own post, which is why its on the tumblr. If any more info appears tomorrow when they actually film in Trsteno, we’ll be sure to pass it on. :)

42. The Rabbit
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

It seems that Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell) is in Dubrovnik as well. Not a great surprise. I would also expect some other Tyrells her sister and badass granny.

My money is on the Tyrell related filming at Arboretum tomorrow.

43. Cary Storm
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Oh, but for the speculative value alone!

44. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

It’s lovely to see new photos from the set, a woman is pleased to see these so thanks for posting! Does it look like Pod got a little taller or am I imagining? And yes, Cersei’s dress is beautiful, as befits a crazy queen of the realm.

45. Cary Storm
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Mrs. H’ghar:
    Does it look like Pod got a little taller or am I imagining?

He’s grown in many ways.

46. mummer
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Solar:

Doesn’t look at all like it to me except the clasps. Those are distinctive, but not unique; Joffrey has had outfits with the same clasps.

47. mummer
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Obsidian,
    Morrigan said “Whoever is designing those ugly costumes need to be flogged”, as if all the “ugly” ones were not designed by the same person who did all the ones everyone likes.

Personally I have no problem with Margaery’s outfits. I mean, they’re goofy for sure, but insanely wealthy celebrities do wear some very odd things for the sake of being different and showing off their money, and that fits with Margaery’s family.

(Also – hadn’t thought of this till now – it’s a really nice touch for Cersei to start wearing stuff that borrows some of Highgarden’s style while putting a Lannister spin on it. She thinks of Margaery as the competition, and if that kid is ahead of the curve on weird dress styles, then by the Gods Cersei will be too.)

48. Kristen
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

KatieJo:
    I really just want Cersei’s dress. I don’t even care if I have nothing to wear it to. I’ll sit on my couch drinking beer and watching Boardwalk Empire in it, no regrets.I’d just like that in my life, kthanx. *stares*

I know right? That dress is GORGEOUS. *drool*

49. WompWomp
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Solar:

They’re all in King’s Landing. Who’s to say they don’t shop at the same store? [laughs]

Robert was at the top of the heap. Petyr wants to be at the top of the heap. Maybe he thinks he can dress his way to the top.

50. Ayden
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

Are they filming season 3 and 4 together or just season 3 at this point?

51. Christopher Broadbent
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Ayden,

Just season 3, if it ends on a cliff hanger they might film the whole seen then split off half of it for season four opening…

52. Tom O' Sevens
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

I have some good news. Last year the season 2 teaser aired on September 30. So I think we are getting a teaser real soon :)

53. WildSeed
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Tír Airgid:

Ditto

54. WildSeed
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

So nice to see Season 3 taking shape….

55. Renee
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Love the dress, beautiful garnet color and it’s exciting to see them moving along with filming.

56. KG
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Hey Cersei – stop and get a slice of pizza; you’d be a much happier person!

57. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

KG:
    Hey Cersei – stop and get a slice of pizza; you’d be a much happier person!

A woman noticed that shot also, thinking Littlefinger might say, “And I suppose a slice of pizza is still in play?” Lolz. Nice to know good snacks are right across the street from the castle!

58. Strong Belwas
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I haven’t seen anyone playing me this season yet. I hope I havent been forgotten.

59. Addy Stark
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Well silly me, I just assumed Margaery had recently undergone back surgery. Her unusual dress looked so much like the clam shell patients wear as they heal from their operation. Who knew it was a fashion statement!!

60. Anvil
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Short interview with Richard Madden and George Martin regarding the role of Robb Stark and a certain climactic event in season 3 (a bit spoilery though):

In other words: The RW may occur prior to the finale episode of the next season.

61. Sjwenings
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Anvil,
    Finally a confirmation of the scene we are awaiting. I never had much doubt but still

62. Juris Bandenieks
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 7:19 am | Permalink

In season two finale was mentioned that Tywin payed him let him go. Nothing about knighthood.

Turncloak:
    Why is Bronn not dressed like a knight?. Hope they don’t pass on that

63. Kevin
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 9:05 am | Permalink

what is that magical device in Cersei’s hand?

64. Tóth Ádám
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am | Permalink

OFF topic

King’s Landing mentioned in an Economics blogentry
    “.It’s an unavoidable, never-ending political battle between powerful clans to protect their interests at court, as in King’s Landing in “Game of Thrones” “

65. amirmishali
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

I am currently traveling through croatia, and i happened to visit the trsteno arboretum a couple of days ago (i actually wasn’t aware they were filming there). there wasn’t any filming going on but there was a note at the entrance saying that there are some plastic plants currently at the arboretum due to the filming of GOT. we spotted some plastic plants near the villa as well as fake flowers in the pond next to the fountain. also, i found a few cardboard crates with the writing “GOT croatia” with some plastic plants. sorry, no pictures available, as i can’t upload pictures from my camera at the moment.

66. The Rabbit
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Today in Trsteno: A scene with Sansa, Tyrion and Shae..so no Higharden yet.

67. bon
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Solar:

I think that in Westeros males have similar style and line that they wear. Just like man in western civilization.

68. bon
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Turncloak:
    Why is Bronn not dressed like a knight?. Hope they don’t pass on that

I don’t remember that Bronn after becoming a knight wore something from knights wardrobe…

69. Two Feathers
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

Glad you had a fun trip Rabbit. Was there a big crowd ?
    No wedding invitation yet, but I have been in a dungeon.

70. Caro H
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

The Rabbit,

That’s exciting news! hope there will be some photos soon :) do you have any inkling about what were they doing? for all 3 of them together i suppose the marriage must have already happened…

71. loco73
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Lena looks soo beautiful in those images…I went to see “Dredd”, an movie excellent and entertaining movie, and Lena is fantastic as Ma Ma in the movie. She is such a good actress, a fact that seems to escape a lot of people, which is quite frustrating…

72. TheFlayedLady
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 5:08 am | Permalink

All hail Pod! I heart Daniel Portman

73. KG
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 11:23 am | Permalink

bon,

He was cleaned up, shaven, and wearing his new coat-of-arms. I do think they should go with this angle, myself.

74. samwell
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 12:26 am | Permalink

Some pictures from the trsteno arboretum I took this summer

75. The Rabbit
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Obviously Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) was on set yesterday. They filmed a little nice scene involving this guy: http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=330885.

76. Abyss
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 10:17 am | Permalink

The Rabbit,

Here is his show reel. Who could he play?

77. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 10:50 am | Permalink

He’s playing a Server. It’s on his agency resume. The Queen of Thorns is bound to have servants attending to her, so I don’t imagine he has much of a role.

78. Jen@House Stark
    Posted October 1, 2012 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Cary Storm,

Hear, hear, Sir Cary! Looks incriminating, it is known.

79. bon
    Posted October 1, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Juris Bandenieks:

No, no, no. Tywin released him from his office. The clansmen have been well payed and came back to the Mountains of Moon… But yes. Nothing about knighthood… Or Varys just did not mentioned that…

1. [...] Dubrovnik/King's Landing ist wieder dran. First set photos from Croatia – WinterIsComing.net [...]