The North Remembers: September 2009
By Hear Me Roar on in Editorial.

WiCnet Alternate LogoLet have another look at what was going on three years ago, shall we?

Hear Me Roar: What are your favourite memories of the period? Share it with everyone below.

1. SaraG
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

I just remember everyone freaking out over whether or not Lena would look good as a blonde. There were some pretty heated debates, too.

Posted September 29, 2012 at 12:43 am | Permalink

Oh, yes :) I remember those.

3. Cary Storm
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 1:31 am | Permalink

My life was in such chaos in September 2009, while I was eagerly awaiting ADWD I had no idea whatsoever about the televisions show.

4. Ceci
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 2:45 am | Permalink

I just read a bit of what people were saying about Lena… Now, i cant picture anyone else but her as Cersei! Shes the best!

5. Dave Brownell
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 3:33 am | Permalink

Ahh those days, checking back every day, sometimes multiple times a day haha. Every pick was awesome, and i was stoked to finally see Rory in a slightly major role XD

6. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 9:47 am | Permalink

She still does not good in blonde to me, that’s me speaking as a man and not as a fan. I love her portrayal of Cersei, but after seeing what she looks like with dark hair in 300…

7. NewJeffCT
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Definitely hope they bring back Conan Stevens for Season 4. They really need Stevens for the trial by battle vs the Red Viper. The size & strength of Stevens will make it a visual spectacle.

The season 2 “Mountain” looked kind of wimpy & scrawny – heck, Charles Dance seemed more physically imposing in their scenes together. Season 2 Gregor seemed to kind of shrink into the background next to him.

Stevens was not only tall, but he was a physical presence on the screen.

8. Tereeza777
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Back in 2009, we knew nothing about GoT – had never heard of the books, didn’t know who GRRM was, and although we should be “hung, drawn and quartered” for this one, we didn’t even know who Peter Dinklage was!
    Fast forward to 2011 – the only reasons we decided to watch the show were because of Jason Momoa (loved him as Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis), Sean Bean (Patriot Games, LOTR and Troy) and Lena Headey (300). In Sept of 2009, we were on vacation in Vancouver, BC., took the Skyride to the top of Grouse Mountain, and saw these incredibly beautiful wolves. When we later saw “Ghost” in Got – we immediately thought of this big, beautiful guy who lives on the top of Grouse Mountain in Vancouver!

9. dizzy_34
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Agreed. I want Conan back too.

10. The mighty hodor
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Conan studied at my university!

11. Al Swearengen
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

They need to work something out to bring back Conan because the new Mountain just doesn’t feel right. If Conan isn’t back for The Red Viper I’ll be pretty annoyed.

12. Nerd
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

I don’t care what anyone says, I love Rory McCann as The Hound.

13. The Young Wolf
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 11:03 am | Permalink

We need to campaign to get Conan back as our Gregor!

14. The Instrumentalist
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Nerd,

You mean some people don’t like Rory as the Hound?! Blasphemy!