Day 90: More set pics from Dubrovnik plus an interview with Benioff & Weiss
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.

The Dubrovnik press continues to play paparazzi, snapping photos of Game of Thrones filming in progress. These latest photos from Dulist show a scene between Sansa, Shae, Ros and Littlefinger being filmed.

UPDATE 1: Additional new photos of the actors have turned up at Dubrovacki Vjesnik. A few of these closeups have been added below. More photos can be found at Index.hr and 24sata.hr.

UPDATE 2: Portal Oko has even more photos, as well as a brief interview with writers/executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

UPDATE 3: Yet another video report, this time with footage of the scene being shot plus interviews with Benioff, Weiss and Frank Doelger.

There are more pics at Dulist, including ones that look to be for a different scene being shot on top of what will likely be the Red Keep.

From Dubrovacki Hjesnik, with more photos at the source:

Filming in Croatia is schedule to conclude tomorrow, and then it is off to Morocco.

1. Michel
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Ros is different, she doesn’t seen like a prostitute anymore, more like some lady for the court

2. Val
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:46 am | Permalink

What happened with Ros now? She’s not a lady neither a character!

3. Watson
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

There are some better looking shots on the tumblr.

It will be interesting to see if they maneuver Ros into another book character’s role.

4. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Ros’s dress is far more colorful than the ladies’ usually wear, so I think it’s a reflection of her elevated position as a sort of brothel manager. Can’t have her interacting with the ladies like Sansa while dressed in brothel wear, and the prostitutes do wear clothing outside of the house.
    The rest of the pics can be seen at our Tumblr as well.

5. Maroje Sardelich
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:50 am | Permalink

there are some more articles here that might have been missed about filming in Dubrovnik

6. Viola
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Not Ros again, please… She’s the thing I don’t like the most about the HBO series. We already have to deal with Shae who’s almost become a main character, why keep her in the show too?

7. Watson
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Here’s a great panorama shot from Tina’s link.

8. Omar Brown
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Wow so cool. They look lovely in these spy pics can’t wait for the final results.

9. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

There are photos from a few websites from floating around. I added a few closeups that I found at one site. I love the costumes.
    One scene with it Ros does not = her being a main character.

10. The Rabbit
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink
  11. M
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:16 am | Permalink

I like Ros – she’s sort of there as a matter of necessity, and to keep the cast from getting even larger.

12. Cary Storm
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Please add an “http://” to your tumblr link.

13. Caro H
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Yes!!! finally some Sansa scenes!! so excited for her stuff :D hmm, i just don’t like that pic with LF intruding upon her and shae

14. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Uh yeah, no. If it didn’t work before, it’s because they’re doing maintenance on tumblr today.

I’ve uploaded most of the pics from these links to the WiC tumblr for streamlined viewing. You can use the link at the top of this website, as always, to reach the tumblr should you lose the url. :)
    (It’s the link that looks like a lower “t” with a period after it, in our social networking buttons.)

15. Conor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Crazy that they film scenes from the first episode in Dubrovnik while they film scenes from episode 8 or 9 in Belfast at in or around the same time.

Looking good though. Ros is looking more Lady like, obviously due to her promotion last season. I wonder what the scene is though, maybe just Sansa hanging out on the pier while Shae does her hair, then Littlefinger shows up to tell her that he’ll free her again.

I’m ridiculously excited for Season 3, listening to the interview and seeing D&D give nothing away but still know exactly what they’re talking about is just epic.

Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Oh, I fixed the link in your comment for you. :)

But you people should really have our Tumblr bookmarked by now! :p

17. The Instrumentalist
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I like Roz. Wondering what she’s going to be up to this season. Since we know ultimately everything that’s going to happen, it’s cool to have some surprises. Also, in the first group of photos, the last photo is of a old man and a younger girl walking, can anybody tell me who they are? I feel I should know, but nothing’s coming to mind.

18. Cary Storm
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

ah, well it was coming up http://winteriscoming.net/2012/10/day-90-more-pics-from-dubrovnik/wicnet.tumblr.com which usually means it’s a bad html formatting on this page. But it does seem to be working now.

19. Cary Storm
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

So I’m not crazy! Well, I am crazy…but I saw right :) And btw, I have the tumblr bookmarked and check it far too many times a day, I just happened to want to click through from here this time :)

20. bon
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Conor,

It’s nothing crazy. In season 1 first shot was Ned and Cersei in the chambers of the Hand. Lancel’s first shot was the scene when he was naked from episode 10.

21. Conor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

bon:
    Conor,

Oh I know, I just meant that it’s crazy how out of order they shoot. Then when it’s all put together it’s seamless. Awesome.

22. Cary Storm
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

The Instrumentalist,

I do like this attitude. It is nice to have some surprises when you’re pretty certain about the general arc. Although Ros is not my favorite character, it should be interesting.

23. Caro H
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Since they may have very well cut off the Dontos’ storyline Sansa and Shae are waiting at that place for him to show up to tell sansa more of his plans to free her, and Ros could play a part in them

24. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Awesome pics. Esme, Sophie and Sibell look beautiful and Aidan is dressed to the nines. Beautiful shot at the Dubrovnik/King’s Landing pier. I wonder if LF realizes that Ros is Varys’ spy? I have a feeling Ros is going to be a new member of Sansa’s retinue?

25. Hi-Fi
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

<3 Ros.

26. Crozyr
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Maybe Ros will take Ser Dontos’ place and at the end of the season she could get killed off by Littlefinger the way Dontos was killed in the books. But good things never happen in Westeros so I won’t hold my breath.

27. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Crozyr:

perhaps the reason LF kills her like Ser Dontos is that he finds out she’s Varys’ spy?

It feels weird to spoiler text Ros related plot points.

28. Chainsaw
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Why do so many people have a problem with Ros? Because she’s not in the books? Get over it

29. Conor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

I’m liking these Ros related theories ^^
    She would be a good replacement for Dontos especially because LF could find out she’s spying on him and then kill her.

30. Michael K.
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

First off, Sophie is freaking tall! Second I agree with some others that they need to stop forcing Ros on us. Giving her some screen time in Season 1 was fine but making her a recurring character like this just does not make any sense.

There was not a single scene in Season 2 with Ros that could not have been filled by an extra and her specific story line can be cut entirely. As someone said above if they use her to fill the Sir Tontos roll and kill off in the end I could live with that. But the only probably with that is they made of point of introducing Sir Tontos in Season 2 and Sansa even saved his life to make him Jof’s fool. Why even do that if you are not going to use his character.

31. GLee
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

I had the chance to talk with Joe Dempsie today. Apparently Kits broken leg delayed filming quite a bit and shooting in Iceland is apparently gonna last until December. Ian Glenn is off to Morocco on monday to shoot the slavers bay stuff. Probably no-news really but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

32. Hi-Fi
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Yeah, it looks like Ros will be taking Ser Donto’s place. Ugh, I really wanted her to be fakeArya and reunite with Theon (yeah, yeah, “that idea makes no sense, you suck”).

33. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

GLee,

We knew Morocco filming would begin on Oct. 13th but it’s good to know about Iceland filming being delayed. Thanks :)

34. chaky
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Here’s another video http://www.dubrovniktv.net/?id=756#gVideo from this morning.

35. Watson
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Wait, we’re concluding that Ros is going to fill in for Dontos on account of a scene in which Ros doesn’t even talk to Sansa? Exactly what part would Ros fill in for? The meetings in the godswood serve no purpose if Sansa knows who the person is working for. Nor does using Ros in the escape seem to have practical advantage. I’m not seeing this.

36. beatlefloyd
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

I would guess that this scene is Littlefinger or Ros (in the books Dontos) giving sansa the important hairnet that comes into play later on.

37. Eor!
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

People love to take something small and claim that it means they’re changing a major part of the book. Remember when some people claimed that Littlefinger’s look at Arya in Harrenhall meant that he was going to replace the Hound for her season 3 story?

I don’t see why people care so much about Ros. I honestly, and while many people will be angry and disagree with me, but I honestly think it’s because she’s a woman who gets naked. Shes barely in the show, and has never yet been in a scene where she was the main focus instead of a major character, her entire purpose is showing how other characters react with her, but she has tits and shows them so SHE’S A STUPID WHORE AND HOW DARE THEY RAWRRR

38. Caro H
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

chaky,

I think the first seconds of that video show that LF talks to Sansa alone. He dismisses Shae who goes to talk with Ross, while LF feeds sansa about the updates to his plan to help her escape. maybe he will give her the hairnet here, who knows…

39. Morgan King
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

They aren’t going to cut Ser Dontos – they spent plenty of time establishing him in Season 2. I don’t doubt Shea and Ros will figure into pretty much every event in King’s Landing to some extent.

40. Conor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Morgan King:

I wouldn’t call one scene “Plenty of time” plus the actor who plays him has confirmed that he’s not in season 3.

41. Nick Manfredi
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Conor,

Yeah, I don’t think the average show viewer would even remember Sir Dontos, unfortunately.

42. Michel
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Dontos only appeared when we met him on 2×01 and for 1 second in Blackwater in a fool costume, in the room that are Cersei drunk and Sansa..The actor had already confirmed that he won’t be returning for Season 3. So why put the actor in the series ? It’s like to put Eddard Stark for only kill Gared/Will and be killed when returning to Winterfell by some wolves

But yeah, I get the feeling too that Ros will be taking Sor Dontos role

43. loco73
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

First of all, holly crap Sophie Turner has grown!!! She is taller than pretty much everyone on the set…poor Sansa, I was watching the interview and there she was in the background with an umbrella melting in the sun…LOL!

Second, seeing Littlefinger…once again… makes my blood boil and suddenly I wish Ned had strangled him outside the brothel back in Season One!

Plus, the 3 ladys look lovely. Sibel, Esme and Sophie look really beautiful in these shots. I especially like that solo shot of Sibel.

44. Nerd
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Now when I watch the scene with Sansa and Shae sitting by the water all Im going to think is ‘they’re hiding water bottles behind those seats!’

Also, it looks like Sophie has grown about 6″ since season 1. Crazy.

45. Cary Storm
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Chainsaw:

Dude, Most of us who don’t like Ros, it’s because we don’t like Ros. We have our opinions and will continue to share them. I like most of the adaptations so far, but I don’t think she’s been written particularly well in the series. Get over it.

As far as the speculation of her taking over the role of Ser Dontos. I kind of like that. It means she’ll be killed off sooner!

46. bon
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Dubrovniknettv added this film: mix of shooting and that interview with Benioff and Weiss:

47. WildSeed
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    The rest of the pics can be seen at our Tumblr as well.

Thanks for the confirmation , Ours is the Fury. Ros’s dress does stand out as
    different ( so does Shay’s design , probably based on her country couture),
    It was not uncommon for lesser status persons to make use of discarded
    fabric and piece together a frock or window dressing. Tailors and seamstresses
    were quite talented, because everything was made by hand. They could whip out
    apparel even at short notice. Even daughters of lords were required to learn the
    art of sewing, some men too.

48. Victor
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Don’t worry about Shae (Ross). She dies (at the next season)

49. WildSeed
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

So, it’s Erica ( the budget person ) that we must influence, we want more episodes !

The photo and interview is great, thanks WiC and all whom contributed.

It was surreal to have the executive producers comment on ” George’s world “,
    and reversal or fortunes. Just as life depicts uncertainty, GRRM’s story
    includes less than perfect people and circumstances. When you play the
    game of thrones, you play to win ( says TV Cersei ).

I was a bit disappointed to learn of only one episode by GRRM, yet the source
    material has already been written ( so I’m fine ). The season is taking shape :D

50. WildSeed
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

GLee:

Thanks GLee for the tidbits, hope Kit is on the mend. I couldn’t remember if it
    was his leg or ankle, but fractured bones do need time to heal ( esp ankle breaks).

51. Nick Larter
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

The Instrumentalist,

Good spot! Maybe they’re just extras, but in the casting rumours there was an actress popped up at one point who led to some speculation that Taena of Myr might have been cast - it’s not her is it?

52. feyrband
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    The rest of the pics can be seen at our Tumblr as well.

i believe the term is “bottom bitch”

ala Trixie in Deadwood or Carla in this season’s Sons of Anarchy

53. Jacarb
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

It’s entirely conceivable that they included Dontos in case they would bring him back. And it was not really a huge risk; the scene still served to show that Joffrey is awful and Sansa is, well, capable of trying. If a book reader were to view the show in its entirety (ie, without the months of speculating), and the larger Dontos story were cut, they would probably still appreciate the nod to the character.

People are throwing out the possibility of Ros being the new Dontos. Maybe. But that would seem to imply more collusion between Varys and Littlefinger, or at least some triple-agenting that would risk being too much.

Alternate theory: Shae is gonna be the new Dontos, right through getting killed by Littlefinger. She has already gained Sansa’s trust, Tyrion killing her is going to feel way weirder now that they’ve played up the love angle (and he’ll still get to kill Tywin), and there would be a certain symmetry in Littlefinger and Varys stealing each other’s whores. This is unlikely–it would mean she doesn’t testify–but a thought..

54. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

This isn’t that actress- Elisa Lasowski, the actress you’re referring to- looks very different from this young woman. I’d speculate they’re just King’s landing noble citizens.

55. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

feyrband,

Pretty sure that’s a term I am never ever going to use. Brothel manager works for me.

56. Virtus
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink
  57. Jaison Biagini
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

no one else will be willing to admit this, but my pants get tighter (if you know what i mean) every time i hear the game of thrones theme song!!

58. bon
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Nobody have seen that Ros wears now cloths in very Lord Varys style? Long sleeves, light colours etc.

59. Arthur
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

I’m going to try to push my hatred for Ros aside this season and just see her as a plot device instead of pure boobage. I am really looking forward to season 3.

60. Michael K.
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Eor!:

Not true. They crossed that line when Ros had her scene with Varys in Season 2. She went from some girl who gets naked to someone interacting with lead characters with all her clothes on still.

The picture of her dressed fancy and speaking to Little Finger in public is an extension of her growing character arch that many of us book readers do not like. Sorry to spoil for people who have not read the books but Ros is a character strictly for the TV show. In the books Theon mentions her to Tyrion at Winterfel and that’s it. Never once does her character actually appear in the book, she has no dialogue and no one ever speaks to her.

The possibility that she will take over the role of Sir Dantos is not only plausible but for those of us that do not like her we would be ok with it because it would mean she gets killed off finally.

There is other evidence that points to this possibility. As I pointed out Varys tries to recruit Ros to spy for him in Season 2. We don’t know if she accepts or not but her ambition would point to he most likely helping him for her own benefit. As Little Finger has proven in the books he knows more then EVERYONE, including Varys. Little Finger will find out he is being betrayed and will want to kill Ros. Her replacing Sir Dantos helps give Little Finger the quiet opportunity to kill her with out Varys finding out.

61. King DBC
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I don’t think Ros is a bad character, she served a good purpose through the first season. She was in all the talking-while-f***ing-scenes. In season 2 there was no more need of these scenes because we knew by then that Theon is arrogant and Maester Pycelle is old and just old. So what’s there left for Ros to do?? Replace Ser Dontos and get killed when Sansa escapes. (I hope not, though I trust D&D know better.)

62. King DBC
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Actually, sorry. These are just set photos, we know nothing! We can’t assume, they could just be having a casual conversation!

63. SSS
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

I don’t think that Ros will play Sir Donto’s role. I think it will be Littlefinger itself and Shae will help her too. In those photos (and video) Ros is only walking with littlefinger and not with Sansa… But I won’t be surprised if she gets killed.

64. Juanita
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

YES. SO excited to see Petyr and Sansa. And I’m glad it looks like we’ll be getting more moments between Sansa and Shae too.

Verrrry interested to know how it’s all going to play out with Ros…

65. The Queen's Hand
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

We can only hope that they are headed down to the docks put Ros in a burlap sack and drown her.

66. Alfador
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Jacarb,

Whoa dude I think you forgot some spoiler tags in that last paragraph!

67. Jacarb
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Alfador,

They’re there for me…I was quite paranoid about it…

68. Ser Lemoncakes
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

I don’t mind Ros when she is not just in a distressed state. I agree that is looks like she will be taking on the Dontos role. Also, I see her acting as a device to remind the viewer how smart and every present Varys is without having to dress Conleith up in disguises all the time (though too much Conleith is never enough IMO). Would Sansa remember Ros from Winterfell?

This brings up the interesting point that if she is a double agent, Varys would know about Sansa going to the Vale. Curious thought going forward. I could see her being more loyal toward him that Littlefinger, not having threatened her with mutilation etc…

Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Honestly, never had a problem with Ros.

70. KG
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

The proper term for a female brother manager is a “Madam.”

71. Bannerless Bro
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 2:24 am | Permalink

Why is nobody speculating what would be Sansa doing in a pier at King’s Landing? Ports have never been safe places… could this be the arrival scene of the Tyrells? We already have Maggie and Loras there, but maybe is the arrival of the Queen of Thorns and the rest of the gang…

72. Currer Bell
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 3:10 am | Permalink

Ros—AAAARGH! *softly beats head against the wall*

Every screen minute spent on Ros takes time that could be used to flesh out other story arcs. Halfhand/Jon could have been better handled, for instance, with more time. To shoehorn Ros into the story will rob us of who knows what treasured moments or characters in exchange for a not very interesting, irritating character. We’ve had the information dump about Littlefinger in the brothel so her usefulness would be over in a perfect world. We’ve seen the results when D & D create their own storylines in the Danny in Qarth arc. “Where are my dragons,” anyone? One is not sanguine about an expanded role for Ros.

73. Pepi
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 3:38 am | Permalink

74. loco73
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 5:39 am | Permalink

I hope Ros gets some revenge on Littlefinger…that bastard certainly deserves it…

75. loco73
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 5:49 am | Permalink

Lex,

Same here. I’m reading “A Feast For Crows” now, and though I’m almost done with the books, I don’t see Ros as a detriment to the show…I like Esme Bianco.

76. Tom O' Sevens
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Very nice. Hoping we get a teaser trailer soon :)

77. Rygar
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:33 am | Permalink

How dare HBO change Ros’ character! She is better off as a sexy whore who will show you her fire crotch for a handle of coppers. Really this show has gone too far to take a perfectly good whore and make her into something more!

Yes I am a GoT Purist. Stop changing the characters in my beloved show!

78. Caro H
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Bannerless Bro,

She may have been there talking to Shae about how can the people love Maegaery when they have just seen here and if whether or not she should accept the invitation to have breakfast with the QoT.

79. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Currer Bell,

Ros’s presence has absolutely nothing to do with Jon or Qhorin’s screentime. If it weren’t her in the scene with Littlefinger or Varys, it would be some other random featured extra. They need to show those major characters but they don’t have people in-book we’d see them talking with much and so she was created. She’s a functional storytelling device. The only characters whose screentime she’s affected are Chataya and Alayaya because she replaced them.

80. Conor
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Spoilerific set photo today with Jaime and Brienne. Looks like they kept the hand cut (Which I knew they would) but also let him keep his hair (Which I hoped they’d cut but also thought they might keep) because the ladies love NCW and his flowing hair.

81. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Conor,

Awesome picture, where did you find it? Something to do with twimg-pbs, is that a twitter pic?

82. Conor
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Conor,

Yup I follow The_Rabbit on twitter. He seems to know everything about GOT in dubrovnik haha

83. Michael K.
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Pepi: Hm … I think Shae might somehow end up losing her tongue in place of Marillion. I don’t yet know how or even exactly why … But seeing them all together like that, it makes me wonder. Because in the series, she seems almost more important to Sansa than to Tyrion.

What are you talking about?? Marillion already had is tongue cut out in Season 1 for making the song that implies Cersi killed Robert. and in the book he never has his tongue cut out. In the books he stays in the Vale after Catlyn Stark leaves and he becomes Lysa’s favorite. Won’t give it all away but he never, ever, has his tongue cut out in the books.

84. Selmy
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

I dont have any hate for Ros, since I think her being there brings something to the story and simplifies a lot of things, but I agree, they could have used Ser Dontos instead of her, since they already cast him.

As for Littlefinger, I have to say I am a little disapointed. In the books, he is really more subtile than this and I was shocked when I discovered that he was the one who orchastrated Joffreys death.

Seeing Sansa in plain day for everyone to see is not Baelish-ish. :P

85. Conor
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Just thinking, why are NCW and GC filming in Dubronik anyway? They don’t arrive in King’s landing until after the PW in the book. It’s possible they’re shooting here not for KL but it’s usually for just that right?

86. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Conor,

Often but not always. I assume there was some exterior they liked in Dubrovnik that suited a place in Jaime and Brienne’s journey.

87. Conor
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Permalink
  88. Adrià Guxens
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing my interview, Conor! :)
    Conor,

89. JMCU
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

I never noticed until I saw this picture, but is it me or does the actress who plays Sansa have really long legs.

I mean… wow.

90. Richard
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Michel,

What I find interesting about Ros, is she does come from the North? It seems that the show (vs. book) has made a point of including her with many factions; from: the Imp, Greyjoy, etc… all the way to the end of season 2. The books have too many characters to ever fit into a tv series, so having her assume a couple of parts adds intrigue and a fresh storyline or two. Ros can be an extremely complex character. Did she leave Winterfell by other designs? Was she put in Winterfell originally by Littlefinger? Has she always been a spy? For whom? My hope aside from these changes, is that Shae stays like the book.

1. [...] they’ll be involved as see in the filming above.In addition to the set photos – more at WinterIsComing.net – Portal Oko snagged a quick interview with writers/executive producers David Benioff and [...]