WiCnet Awards Season Two: Full list of winners
By Winter Is Coming on in Awards.

The winners of the WiCnet Awards for season two were announced a couple hours earlier in our live chat. Here now is the complete list of winners. The voting breakdowns are after the break.

Best Episode: Ep. 19 “Blackwater”
Best Actor: Alfie Allen
Best Actress: Maisie Williams
Best Supporting Actor: Jack Gleeson
Best Supporting Actress: Gwendoline Christie
Best Scene Stealer: Tom Wlaschiha
Best CGI Scene: Wildfire explosion
Best Action Scene: Battle of the Blackwater
Best Dramatic Scene: Theon seizes Winterfell, executes Ser Rodrik
Best Death Scene: Ser Rodrik Cassel is executed
Best Comedic Scene: Tyrion, Varys and Bronn talk battle plans
Best One-Liner: “There is no cure for being a cunt.” – Bronn
Best Line: “Fuck the Kingsguard. Fuck the city. And fuck the king.” – The Hound

Winter Is Coming: Congrats to all the winners! And thanks to all the fans for voting. Can’t wait to do it all again next year!

1. Jack
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Maisie again? I get that Arya seems to be a fan favorite, but Lena really deserved it this year. And Sophie has always been just as good. Fandom is so transparent sometimes.

2. Subject Zero
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Jack,

All three are fantastic.

3. biliki
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

Alfie winning warms my heart <3
    I would be happy if Stephen Dillane had won as well.

Lead Actress: Sophie Turner
    She had much more difficult stuff to work with this year, than Maisie. I love them both, but I do believe everyone's love for Arya makes them ignore Sophie's acting skills.

Supporting actor: Loved Davos, Jorah, and Joffrey (only acting wise, that one :P)

Supporting actress: It goes this way for me: Brienne, Margaery, Ygritte. Shae is fine but her storyline never interested me much. Yara :/

4. Tom Savage
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Ha! Love the favourite episode one. All episodes obliterated by Blackwater like Stannis’ fleet was by the wildfire.
    Was there any doubt? lol

5. Jack
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

biliki,

6. Blood
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Surprised but happy that Alfie won, definitely deserves it.

Maisie clearly is benefiting from love for Arya as opposed to Sansa or Cersei. Not that she isn’t great but not by those margins.

7. Javi Marcos
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

All my voting options ended up winning, except the best lines. Specially happy that Alfie won best actor and the beheading of Rodrik best scene.

8. Arthur
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Jack,

I agree.

Lena was amazing this year. It’s hard for people to vote against their fav characters. They all did an amazing job though but Lena was asked to do so much more then any other female character and she really delivered…

9. thisone
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

Tom Wlaschiha/Jaqen H’ghar certainly didn’t steal any scenes.

10. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

thisone:
    Tom Wlaschiha/Jaqen H’ghar certainly didn’t steal any scenes.

A woman begs to differ with you. Tom/Jaqen stole EVERY scene he was in. But you can’t please everybody, it is known.

11. Caro H
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Jack: biliki, I think that’s what it is in regards to Maisie winning again. I’m not saying she isn’t great, but by the margin that she won, that’s voting for Arya, not voting on acting. This isn’t a Best/Favorite Character poll, but that’s what it turned into. Like I said, Sophie is just as great as Maisie but her character isn’t as beloved so she gets half the attention or credit. It’s not really fair, imo. But she’s the lead in a film now, so her talent will finally get the attention it deserves.And as great as both girls are, Lena should have won this poll for Blackwater alone.

Could not agree more! Sophie does a fantasting acting and now that she is going to start in Panda Eyes alongside Johnathan Rhys Meyers, she will not disappoint!

12. MedievalFantasy
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Really glad Alfie won best actor. He definitely deserved it, having the strongest and most emotional scenes and storyline this season, I feel.

13. Maria Batsiou
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

Alfie and Jack won! YEY! One of them at least, deserves a globe nomination!

14. Nerd
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Out of the 13 categories I had 9 #2 votes, rest #1 (2 wins for Rodrik, 2 for Blackwater).

I guess Im just a big #2. Hm.

15. IDreamedofyou
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

I have a feeling Gwendoline Christie will win next year as well. :-)

16. Nerd
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

The only win I really don’t understand is Tom Wlaschiha for Scene Stealer over Jerome Flynn as Bronn. I think this is another case of people voting for the character and not what actually went down on screen.

Tom was great as Jaqen but didn’t steal any scenes. Basically all he did was have one-on-one conversations with Arya (who I absolutely love and Maisie’s acting is superb). But she isn’t hard to overshadow when you talk super weird, have red and white hair, and a face like a GQ model, especially when compared to a familiar character who’s shock value has already worn off. Just because he overshadowed her doesn’t necessarily mean he was a scene stealer. He didn’t steal the scenes, he was handed them by default.

Bronn, on the other hand had scenes with Kings Landing’s fiercest and nastiest players, especially Tyrion, and still managed to be the most interesting man in the room nearly every time. This is a no brainer to me, but to each his or her own.

17. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

I don’t agree. I thought Wlaschiha was perfect and scene-stealing. Bronn’s great too so it’s no slam on Jerome Flynn’s work, but I don’t think Wlaschiha was handed anything by default. He was given a strange character who could’ve come off absurd and cartoonish, but instead he was weird and fascinating and people new to the ASOIAF world fell in love with the character. Wlaschiha deserves a lot of credit, and his pretty face didn’t win it for him.

18. Lavignac
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

Concerning the reasons why people voted Maisie Williams:

If fan-favorite characters trumped any acting performance in these polls, then why did Alfie Allen win over Peter Dinklage? Nobody can argue that book-Theon is better loved than book-Tyrion.

So my interpretation is that character fandom increased Maisie’s margin; some may also argue that great writing, directing and camera work also played a big role in enjoying her scenes, but the bottomline is: people still really liked how she played the part.

That being said, it’s always slightly disappointing to see awards being repeatedly won by the same nominees (Blackwater…) The solution for more winner diversity is to rethink the categories. Do we want different adult/teen acting categories? Should we evaluate scenes and actors “blindly” or according to prior expectations? Should we keep former winners out of future nominations? There’s room for debate.

19. Zack
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

That’s a really good point. Jaqen is entertaining as hell in GRRM’s writing but subtlety is not a word that fits him. Tom could have played the character a number of ways but seems to have picked one that makes the character plausible for the screen without diminishing his memorability factor. Not easy. I think he deserves it despite Bronn being my personal choice.

20. glenn
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 12:11 am | Permalink

arya wasnt one of my fave characters in the book but on the show i love her and credit for that has to go to the actress. its a bit boring to say that “fans favourites” are winning the polls just because your favourite didnt win.

21. alex Also
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 12:31 am | Permalink

We are very lucky to be having these arguments. That there are so many good candidates to that committed fans of the books are willing to bat for reflects more highly of the production standards than any Emmys or Baftas.

22. Nerd
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Fair enough. I actually completely agree with your take on Wlaschiha’s interpretation of the character. He really did nail it.

However, all your points are a great defense if you are judging his overall performance not scene stealing. To me scene stealing means the actor stood out in relation to the other actors in their scene. I just don’t think there was enough to view Wlaschiha’s performance as scene stealing based on a handful of short conversations with one person. If the category was Favorite New Character or Most Intriguing Character it would make more sense to me.

Sorry to keep harping on the issue, as the voters have obviously already spoken against me. I enjoy the discussion and different opinions none the less.

23. Al Swearengen
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 2:19 am | Permalink

The only ones I don’t agree with are best actor and best supporting actor.

24. Tar Kidho
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 3:45 am | Permalink

In general I can very well live with those votes, even though my favourites often didn’t win. People clearly have different opinions and likings, but in general we should just realize how happy we can be with the acting and writing of GoT!

A couple of things worth pointing out:

1) Isaac only getting 3% of the votes, whereas Maisie wins her category with 42%. Maisie’s very good of course, but personally I find Isaac the better actor, and I feel he’s very underrated.

2) I didn’t like Emilia Clarke from the beginning and although she was defended passionately on this board and elsewhere, I can’t help but notice that she is not in the same league as Lena, Sophie, and Maisie.

3) Michelle clearly missed Sean Bean this year to really shine

4) Qhorin’s death by the hands of Jon should always been at the very top in the ‘Best Scene’ category – if we even needed this it is the best proof that D&D completely ruined the Jon/Qhorin story line. The only one to profit from the changes was Rose Leslie.

5) Francis Magee should have won at least one of the categories he was nominated in!!! (sorry, the fan in me got the upperhand there)

25. Macha
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 4:07 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: Isaac only getting 3% of the votes, whereas Maisie wins her category with 42%. Maisie’s very good of course, but personally I find Isaac the better actor, and I feel he’s very underrated.

For all the good it does…THIS.

26. ieiazel
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 4:22 am | Permalink

thisone:
    Tom Wlaschiha/Jaqen H’ghar certainly didn’t steal any scenes.

I agree with all my heart. For me, he was one of the biggest disappointments this season. Jerome Flynn should have won, imo.

As for Maisie winning with so many votes, well, she’s really good, but not the best actress in the series. I voted for Sophie, although I never expected her to win.

And last but not least, yay for Alfie!! :D

27. Chuck
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 4:43 am | Permalink

People aren’t voting on acting ability, they’re voting on how close to their own imagination an actor’s portrayal of a character is.
    On this subject, I actually disagree with some of the above posters in that Maisie Williams for me really is the best actress in the show.

28. Tywin's Bastard
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 6:05 am | Permalink

Fun awards. The thing that stood out to me the most was Maisie getting so many votes. I think she’s doing a great job but I did think there were a couple of others that pulled off more difficult scenes this season. I don’ t know if her character being a big favorite, or her being a kid, has anything to do with it though, it’s too hard to say.

Chuck,
    That’s not what I’ve heard from the non-readers I’ve talked to so the opinion certainly differs. In any case I’d be more careful about writing your own speculations and opinions as if they were fact.

Personally I think Gwendoline did a good job with her emotional acting but another very important aspect is how well she did with the physical aspect. She did reshape her body to look the part, which she does, and she actually looked pretty good swinging a sword, which is a huge thing for a woman. Many women look terrible in fight scenes (when their characters are supposed to look good) because they are usually not athletic enough to reach the lower limit.

29. Tar Kidho
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Tywin’s Bastard: or her being a kid

30. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Personally I feel Stephen Dillane is one of the best actors on the show, in fact there are many great actors on this show, and in my opinion some mediocre actors as well. But for me acting is the one most subjective criterions ever and we go blue in the face telling each other x is better than x when in the end it’s a popularity contest akin to the People’s choice awards. Even the Emmys which essentially is more legit albeit incredibly political and corrupt works more because the awards are chosen by peers. If anything these awards indicate the quality of various levels of the adaptation. Because of this we are bound to see a reflection of favouritism, actor charisma and talent.

No one is wrong and no one is right.

31. raine
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho: As a comment to this: one thing that people often oversee I think is that Sophie is only one year older than Maisie, whereas Isaac is two years younger than the latter. Based on the characters and how the actors look, it’s easy to think Sophie is an adult and Maisie and Isaac are both 3 or 4 years younger…

I’ve noticed that people seem to think Sophie is 18/19, or even 20, because she is a mature looking teen. I think most of that has to do with her height, how she carries herself, and the adult nature of her storyline on the show. But she’s only 1 year older than Maisie, and she’s pulling off scenes of physical and emotional abuse, and attempted rape. All when she was 15, which says a lot about not only her acting talents but also her maturity as a person to be able to carry scenes like that. Most adult actors can’t pull that off.

I’ve only seen that some people think Maisie is 12 or something. And that Isaac is the older of the two, when obviously neither is the case.

32. varysthespider
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 9:43 am | Permalink

can we please have a detailed list of which choice got how many votes?

33. Tywin's Bastard
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

Yes, that was pretty much what I was referring to, although I didn’t really explain it. I think her being treated more as a child than Sophie comes both from their looks and the nature of their characters.

34. Joe
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 11:52 am | Permalink

thisone:
    Tom Wlaschiha/Jaqen H’ghar certainly didn’t steal any scenes.

He was very good, but the true scene stealer was the spice king by far.

35. The Instrumentalist
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

“My favourite didn’t win, therefore people weren’t voting based on acting just personal taste RAAAGGEE!” The fight seems to be over Maisie/Lena/Sophie – and I think all of them deserved to win. I picked Maisie because every scene she was in – I felt – she knocked out of the park. I loved Lena in Blackwater, but I don’t enjoy her acting 100% of the time. Sophie was close too, I just feel when Sansa has more of a speaking role she’ll have time to shine, though how she acted with her eyes is amazing. This is personal choice, people need to stop pointing fingers and blaming others when it’s just a little fan poll. All for fun, right?

RE what someone said about Gwen’s acting – I cried when Renly died, not because they did the scene well, because I think they botched up the shadow thing, but because when Gwen cried I felt so horrible! It was reading the book all over again, Brienne saying “I won’t leave him!” just killed me. Again, personal taste.

36. WildSeed
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:

No one is wrong and no one is right.

Well stated Joshua, the poll is indeed subjective ,but it was sheer fun to do. You have to admit that Alfie Allen did warrant a higher merit this season.

37. WildSeed
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Thanks for details, WiC. Not everyone got to utilize the Twitter or Tumbler feeds.
    Luckily I remembered most of those I’d chosen earlier ( a few months ago ).
    This was fun to do, no matter what.

38. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 1:19 am | Permalink

WildSeed,

Alfie was very good this season, he brings great sympathy and humanity to what could have been portrayed as a despicable human being. It’s performances like Alfie’s that is proof positive that this is a great adaptation. But sorry, the layers and subtlety of Dillane’s Stannis floors me every time. Like Lena Headey, Conleth Hill and Nicolaj I can’t wait to see him on screen again. His Stannis is fascinating, ponderous, inscrutable and so charismatic in being anticharismatic. I would compare his performance to Giancarlo Esposito’s Gus Fring on Breaking Bad or Michael Stuhlbarg’s riveting Arnold Rothstein on Boardwalk Empire.

39. WildSeed
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 3:34 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I hear you. When Dillane was cast , as Stannis , in GoT, my expectations of a
    provocative series was set with such a great ensemble of actors. With Sean
    Bean and Mark Addy gone ( both surpassed their usual screen roles ), I had
    only my memory of the books to lead me,as I was so unfamiliar with the new
    cadre of actors. All have ( including Headley ) done fine work of it. I look forward
    to season 3, even with the likely flaws attributed to adaptation.

Dillane has portrayed Stannis well, with what time has been allotted to his story.
    I am not in agreement of ( ASOIAF )Stannis as despicable, however, he remains
    one of my favourite characters. He may be considered stoic, enigmatic, even pragmatic.
    He does not demonstrate very well, his affections. I will do well to remain neutral for
    whatever GoT writers have in store for him, especially with the uncharacteristic
    enraged scene with Melisandre. Season three has much in store, and Stannis
    will among many whose story continues to evolve.

Did you see Stephen Dillane in ” the Hours ” , alongside Nicole Kidman ? It was
    masterful and poignant.

My Apple TV line up is soon being set, “Breaking Bad” is included , thanks to
    recommendations here. I’m glad to see Giancarlo Esposito finally recognised
    after putting in many years of acting. The talent was always there, just requiring
    a little polish.

40. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 7:56 am | Permalink

WildSeed,

Oh I meant the character of Theon itself would under the hands of a different producer or actor come off as despicable. I don’t find Stannis despicable at all. He’s my favorite character of ASOIAF and I have loved Stephen Dillane ever since he played Horatio to Mel Gibson’s Hamlet. He was tremendous in the Hours and I adore his Thomas Jefferson in HBO’s John Adams. As for the infamous choking scene that is one of m favorite scenes in the series. Sometimes in adaptation it takes certain primal moments to bring something across to the audience more than regurgitating the original text. The lighting, the acting, the camera work everything was so stunning in that scene, encapsulating Stannis’ guilt, his anger, his hypocrisy, and then by the end of the scene his complete surrender to Mel/Rhlorr’s will. It also struck me as the “yep Carice’s Mel is just right for the series” Road to Damasacus moment for me. Vanessa Taylor herself backs Carice up in the HBO Guide espousing that Carice had to walk a fine line between realistic and fantastic, ethereal and grounded. The closeup of Stannis looking into the fire to me was far more effective than showing three leeches being burned with cheesy sounding prophecy ringing about. The extreme yet gorgeous shot of his Iris full of flame was both enigmatic and intimate. I think people forget that HBO series (the good ones) tend to have their characters study the world around them, it may feel ponderous to some and not in line with the book but it’s a coup they have pulled off since the Sopranos, and when they do it in GoT if works remarkably well.

I can’t express how much I love this scene.

41. dubq
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Alfie Allen? Really? I mean he’s good, but come on. You’ll forgive me if I grain of salt these awards. As a side note, how do you differentiate between actor and supporting actor, in this case? Especially when a character like Joff had just as much screen time as Theon.

42. dubq
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I agree. Outside of using sorcery to have his brother murdered, Stannis is probably the most justified person in the entire seven kingdoms. He literally should be the king but is being fucked over left right and centre.

43. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

I propose “Fuck the Kingsguard. Fuck the city. And fuck the king” be adopted as the official words of House Clegane.

44. Varamyr Fourskins
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

dubq,

I’d have to disagree. Other than perhaps Joffrey, Stannis is probably the least qualified to be king. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think a paranoid, insecure, self-important, humorless, ruthless, manipulative, stubborn and irrational person would make a very good king. Call me crazy.

But, with that being said, Stannis would make an excellent tyrant, though. He’s about as passionless as Stalin, but with an edge, like Hitler. And add in a little bit of religious fanaticism, for good measure.

45. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

dubq,

I honestly believe that when/if Jon is revealed to be AA/PTWP Stannis will kneel.

46. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Sjjjjjjjjt Ours and DB will hear!

47. Cary Storm
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Varamyr Fourskins,

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, you wicked creature. you did not just disrespect my man Stannis. Ima have to cut you now.

48. WildSeed
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:
    dubq,

This reminds me of that moment, when the Oakland A’s were unbeaten at 20+
    games , only to lose horribly to a lesser team. The A’s lost the World Series ,
    and now I learn of this happening to Stannis as a possibility, oh the pain………

49. WildSeed
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Thanks Joshua, we’re on the same page now.

I forgot Dillane in the HBO ” John Adams ” series, I enjoyed that series immensely,
    including his performance. He was a man of few words there as well, with the major
    task of writing an historical document that changed the world as was known then.
    Sometimes verbal expression is overrated IMHO.

50. WildSeed
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    Varamyr Fourskins,

LMAO :D

51. hashblower420
    Posted October 9, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

wow… gwendoline christie as best supporting actress? i get that Brienne is a fan favorite cause of the whole derpy “I am woman, here me hoar!” garbage, but her acting was atrocious. The “crying” she did after Renly died was something similar to the sound a wildebeest makes while being mauled.

Just sayin’.

Posted October 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

I approve of these results.

Posted October 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

hashblower420,

I’m sure you’re very sexy when you cry.

Posted October 9, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I agree 100% with everything you said about Stephen Dillane / Stannis.

55. Clob
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Yes, I voted for Maisie, but I didn’t base any of my votes on favorite level of character, book or show. For instance, I hate the character of Tywin but Dance is nailing it. I just honestly feel that Maisie has been playing her part the best. It’s an opinion of course, but I feel she delivered top shelf material each time she was on screen. I thought the rest did great as well of course, and Sophie improved in my eyes quite a bit from s1. I look forward to her part moving forward after she’s away from King’s Landing.

56. Hexonx
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 2:07 am | Permalink

hashblower420:

Just sayin’.

Well, that is because she wasn’t crying. She was sobbing and that is exactly what I would expect a Brienne sob to sound like.

Chuck: I’m sorry but Gwendoline Christie isn’t a good actress; all the non-book readers I know have picked up on her performance as being the weak link (her forced crying scene during Renly’s death being an example of this).

If you think about the role she is playing, the fact that people are making fun of her performance actually proves how good her performance was ;)

57. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Oh I see my innocent comment has been deleted. Was I wrong in believing Ours does not like the Stan chokes Mel scene?

Posted October 10, 2012 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror:

FYI I restored your comment since I didn’t feel it was worthy of deletion.

59. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Thank you Phill, as always your word commands respect :-)

60. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 9:32 am | Permalink

I just want to clarify that my paean to the 2.10 Stannis/Mel scene was not meant to stoke any fires. I am a film lover first and my analysis of the scene is based on the context of the story,and the aesthetics of the scene. I don’t place any modern allegory or aim to invite modern feminist discussion or moral relativism. I am all about the film itself.

61. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Joshua I lol’ed and I fully agree with your assessment for reasons much like your own, unfortunately often those reason are taken for something else. But it’s still one of my favourite scenes of the entire series and probably my fav addition to Stannis’ story.

Posted October 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

It is one of the best scenes of the season, period.

63. ANiceChianti
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I prefer the scene where Ned chokes Littlefinger. ;^)