A Flight of Sorrows released on Amazon
By Winter Is Coming on in Books.

Tower of the Hand’s book debut, A Flight of Sorrows, is out now over at Amazon. For the price of a venti caramel macchiatto at Starbucks, you get some fascinating analysis of Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire. I guarantee you will get more enjoyment out of this book than you would out of the macchiatto. (Unless you really, really love caramel macchiattos. In which case, you should buy the book, then go to Starbucks and get yourself a caramel macchiatto and read the book while drinking it. The best of both worlds!)

So yeah, buy the book, and support a great website while learning new stuff about A Song of Ice and Fire!

Winter Is Coming: I wrote the foreword for this, and it is technically the first time I’ve been published. Let me know what you think!

1. Kosis
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Might be an interesting read… with a white mocha perhaps.

2. Cary Storm
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Would you like us to critique the forward? :-D

3. Josh
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Will this be available in other eBook formats? I do not own a Kindle. I read on the Kobo.

4. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on your first publishing WiC! A woman is pleased for your success and looks forward to reading the book soon! With your contribution to the forward and such great fan support, it is sure to be a success.

Posted October 15, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    Would you like us to critique the forward? :-D

Sure! Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Josh:
    Will this be available in other eBook formats?I do not own a Kindle.I read on the Kobo.

6. G_Lee
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

I bought this just to support Winter. I don`t think I`m gonna read it…. at least not anytime soon.

7. the goat
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

You had me at macchio. This book is about Ralph Macchio, right? Nevermind, I’ll read it when I get to Starbucks. Shouldn’t post while I’m driving, anyway.

Stay golden, Ponywic!

Posted October 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

The date has arrived! Hehe, that was a nice, creative pitch, moving agrees with you. Well done, I’ll read it soon.

9. Tolgeros
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

What are some examples of the essays?

10. HaterOfHiddenAds
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Shameless Starbucks advertisement, this is the last straw. Screw your site and your macchiattos.

11. Ryan
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Kosis,

Can I get an Indigo Mocha?

Posted October 15, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Tolgeros:
    What are some examples of the essays?

Tower of the Hand has a couple of the essays available on their site: Under the Bleeding Star and The Telltale Knight.

13. Zack
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Bought! That price was too good not to buy it. Thanks for the info :)

14. Javi Marcos
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I won a free copy thanks to the ToTH contest in Facebook and, even If I should confess that I couldn’t read too much due to some stuff in my university, I’m loving it.

It’s an amazing gift for everyone who has read the full A Song of Ice and Fire saga – yes, you can reward even yourself with it, it isn’t expensive at all.

15. Kosis
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Ryan,

Indeed. You can even pick up a dusky/dusty mocha and argue whether its origins taste Dornish or Pentoshi…

16. WildSeed
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

So, there’s only the Kindle version to buy ? I’d rather purchase the Essays, than
    to have my printer copy all from TOTH.

Even without the review, I know it’s worth the read. Congratulations on this
    joint effort :D

17. darquemode
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to this one and may make an early Christmas present to myself. XD

Sidenote:
    I read that Girls and Enlightened start Sunday, January 13 on HBO.
    If each season runs 10 episodes like last season could that mean we will get a Sunday, March 24 Game of Thrones premiere date?

18. darquemode
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

darquemode,

Maybe a recap special or something of that type. since the series is officially shceduled to start the following week.

19. Klavonivs
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Since I don’t drink coffee I’ll spend that extra money on this book…now, how do I get a signed copy if it’s in ebook format????:(……………….

20. Chris
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming: I know they are exploring options for publishing the ebook in other formats, but not sure of if or when that will happen. In the meantime, you can always download the Kindle app for your PC or smartphone.

I suggest they look at Kobo Writing Life which apparently makes it easy for independents to sell ebooks: http://www.kobobooks.com/kobowritinglife

21. WildSeed
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Chris: Great. I also own a Kobo, and would much rather purchase the book from them in ePub format. While using the Kindle app on a PC or smartphone is an option, those devices do not have an eink screen, making reading the book hard on the eyes.

Kindle and similar devices are hard on my eyesight, I ‘m keeping me fingers
    crossed for a hard copy. Good luck with your ePub /Kobo device.

22. Antoniy
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 2:49 am | Permalink

Does it contain any spoilers from the third book?

23. Fog
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

I wonder if Stephen McDoodils will get the owners of the land where the RW was filmed in trouble. He does not try to hide who snuck him into the set; he could have left that detail out.

24. Arristan the Old
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

I picked it up and read it yesterday (well, I only skimmed the essays I had already read…), an entertaining read, and certainly a good deal at this low price. Would have picked it up sooner, ie. on relase day, but of course my kindle was misplaced for about a week and a half so that wasn’t happening.

Anyhow, congrats to everyone involved for a job well done (hopefully just the first in a successful series?)

25. Phil Norris
    Posted October 18, 2012 at 4:23 am | Permalink

Already halfway through, an interesting read and its throwing up a lot of stuff I’d missed or forgot whilst reading the books. Most interesting was the essay surrounding Jon Snow’s fate.