Day 105: Northern Ireland filming wraps
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.

That’s a wrap! For filming in Northern Ireland, at least. Last night, the cast and crew in Belfast had their season three wrap party, which included the magnificent cake pictured at right. A day earlier, Oona Chaplin tweeted the following:

@OonaCC: Today was a day I will never forget. You will never forget. #GameOfThrones

Which should give readers of the book an idea of what the final scene shot in Belfast was…

Over in Morocco, however, filming continues into its second week. According to reports, they have moved on from filming in Essaouira and will be filming in Ouarzazate this week.

Iceland will be the final stop on Season 3′s Magical Mystery Tour and up there, winter has already come. The lake where they will reportedly be filming has already frozen over, with temperatures dipping as low as -12°C (that’s 10°F for us Americans). Hope Kit and Co. have packed their mittens!

1. Aziraphale
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

That is an AWESOME cake! I wish someone took a pic of the other side, though, because I can see there’s a dragon perched there!

I’ve been playing Skyrim a lot lately, I kinda feel like I have to sneak up with my Daedric bow and arrows tipped with poison to knock it out and learn a word of power!

2. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Niko on twitter pointed this out in a pic from Essaouira, which may be of interest: in this picture, you can see that the actor (Rhys Howells) has makeup covering his nipple, so they are presumably including the scene where they slice off an Unsullied’s nipple to show how unflinching he is.

And in another pic, we see them placing the Unsullied costume on him. That seals it- the black outfits are the Unsullied.

3. Macha
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Bring… on… Iceland!
    Ummm, a bit puzzled about Oona’s tweet. If it’s something related to the RW, why would she be there…? Really curious if this is a departure from the books and how it’ll work. *giddy*

4. Watson
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Aït Benhaddou is an amazing location and I can’t wait to see what they do with it. It would have made a fine Vaes Tolorro. It might be worth noting that David Nutter has presumably been in Belfast for the last week, indicating the the Astapor by way of Essaouira scenes are probably not at the end of the season.

Commence discussion of whether Oona’s tweet implies that her character is present for the scene being filmed. (Or maybe she was just hanging around for the wrap party.)

5. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Watson,

She wasn’t. She tweeted a pic of herself in costume, sitting on the Iron Throne the other day, and that throne is in the Paint Hall, where they were shooting interiors for RW. She’s there. The only question is, will Talisa survive and/or turn on Robb?

6. Hoijoi
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Talisa is going to kill Robb

7. Caro H
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Awesom cake and that tweet from Oona is so sad because now it’s done. The RW has been filmed :´(
    Oona posted a pic of her on instagram a few days ago where she was wearing a pretty silver gown as she sat the iron throne. hopefully that dress isn’t fancy enough to attend a wedding with, and if she does, hopefully it won’t be because she was with the lannisters and knew what was going to happen as others have thought before

8. Quowala
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Why would Oona be filming at the red wedding?
    Maybe she was just there watching or something?

9. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Quowala,
    She was in costume.

10. Turri
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

The only question is, will Talisa survive and/or turn on Robb?

Since both options are aimed at maximising the emotional impact of the RW, I like both (killing her or making her part of the conspiracy). Bringing her to the RW is another mistake Show-Robb isn’t unlikely to make and the whole build-up of tension will be more tangible.

11. lovesduncan
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I saw that Tweet and was wondering what she was referencing.

Talisa is certainly not my favorite character but I would be very disappointed if she is involved with the betrayal of Robb and the RW. That would be too drastic a departure from the book for me.

12. Morgan King
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I would have zero issue with Talisa at the RW – it seems unlikely she’s going to be involved in greater intrigue post-Robb, and it was Frey’s intention to have the bride there.

13. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Talisa Maegyr= Taena Merriweather, Lannister stooge. Same initials as well.

14. Watson
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Isn’t the implication in the book that Taena Merriweather is working for anyone but the Lannisters? I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Ros ends up taking a Merriweather-like role.

As for Talissa, I’m pretty ambivalent to the idea of Talissa the betrayer/schemer. That would be a relatively straight forward character fusion of Jeyne Westerling and her mother. It’s certainly a more elaborate con, but it’s not totally divorced from the books.

15. The Young Wolf
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

If Talisa dies at the RW, does this end the theory that Jeyne is carrying Robb’s baby?

16. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Aziraphale, where did you get your Daedric bow? I have a handy Soul Snare one but not that effective for kill shots. My bow of Scorching in combination with glass arrows tipped with poison is pretty handy, especially if I have to assasinate someone.

Macha, yes, bring on Iceland and those production videos :))))

17. amstrpaul
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

No where are the trailers?

18. Not Today
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

I just can’t think of a reason why they would change the RW so much and make Talisa betray Robb. D&D loved that scene in the book for the same reasons as we did- why on earth change it so drastically and take the risk of diminishing the impact of THE event?

19. the other guy
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I really hope they don’t f*ck up the Red Wedding. That’s the scene I’ve been waiting for since the very beginning (so as many other fans I think). I mean, this show is very good, and I usually disagree with people who don’t like the changes they’ve made. But now, with Talisa being present, i’m beginning to worry. I believe they can pull it off and deliver the single most epic “WTF” moment in the history of television. But man, if they screw this one up, I’m done. I think it’s the only thing that would make me stop watching, and loose interest for the show.

20. Blood
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Making Talisa betray Robb would involve some serious plot gymnastics for no good reason. She’d basically have to have been some kind of Lannister super spy from the start. Pretty sure they are going to have her be killed together with Robb both to simplify the aftermath and make the RW even more brutal.

21. john doe
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Couldn’t they have been shooting multiple scenes at the same time? Just because she was in costume doesn’t mean she was at the RW, does it? She could have been sent off just beforehand.

22. Game Of Thongs
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Hoijoi: Hoijoi
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:58 am | Permalink
    Talisa is going to kill Robb

amstrpaul:
    No where are the trailers?

Will they really make a trailer without elements of Jon Snow’s story in Iceland? I doubt we’ll see a trailer before atleast a little of that is shot.

Oh god no….that will lessen the badassery of the badass known as Roose Bolton. The RW was perfect in the books, so I wouldn’t like to see any drastic changes .

23. MedievalFantasy
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Why are you all concluding Talisa is present? Perhaps Oona was finishing some scenes for season 3 that didn’t involve RW. Why would Robb bring his wife when it would piss off the Freys? He didn’t bring Jeyne in the book, he won’t bring Talisa in the show. The purpose of the RW (in Robb’s mind) was to make peace with the Freys. How is bringing Talisa and showing her off to the Freys gonna bring peace? Stop jumping to hasty conclusions.

24. KG
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Did you ever stop to think she could be in a “reaction to dreadful news” scene?

25. Turri
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

MedievalFantasy,

Use your imagination. Maybe she’s pregnant and he doesn’t want to leave her alone, maybe he actively wants to show Frey that he’s the king, maybe it’s part of a conflict with Cat, maybe she really wants to go for some reason, a lot of things could come together. If Robb makes the mistake of marrying her, I don’t see why he couldn’t make the mistake of taking her with him.

I agree that there needs to be a convincing explanation apart from “love makes blind”. And I agree that we’re still just speculating at this point.

26. Bannerless Bro
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

MedievalFantasy,

THIS, A MILLION TIMES THIS.

Also, the new locations look awesome, have you looked at those props and scenarios?

The walls of Yunkai for the season finale!

I hope production has rented some of those.
    Morocco’s locations will work great as Essos this season.

27. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Hoijoi,

Good job friend, your speculation is causing people to panic. Mission Accomplished then?

Game Of Thongs,

Look how Bolton was subtly weaved into season 2. Having just rewatched the season i can see from the smallest of scenes that D and D have big plans for him. Have faith, they are building him up towards the inevitable!

28. King Tommen
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

First off, the only reason people think that bringing Jeyne to the RW was a bad idea is because they made a point of saying that it would be in the books. In most cases, it would be completely realistic for Robb to come with his wife and as long as you didn’t make a point of saying it’s weird, then it won’t be weird on the show.

Also, there’s a third possibility for Talisa’s fate that isn’t being mentioned. She could be present at the wedding and be there to witness the carnage thereby providing an audience viewpoint. It would be far more impactful for the character to have to witness the death of her husband and then have her live with that after the fact with the knowledge of what her (unknowing) role was in the slaughter. She can be taken as a prisoner along with Edmure by the Lannisters or the Boltons to be utilized later in the story.

I highly doubt that they would make her be a conspirator as it would involve a ton of retconning and it’s a massive deviation that doesn’t serve any purpose. I also don’t see the point in killing her since it would be piling on the misery to have Robb witness his wife’s death on top of all the other crap they’re going to do to him. It’s overly sadistic. It’s far more logical that she’ll be there and have to watch and then be taken as a prisoner by the Lannisters or Boltons.

29. Zack
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

She would be on set because she’s involved in Robb’s storyline, for filming in Ireland.

I remember reading of Glengarry Glen Ross that the actors would show up on days they weren’t scheduled to shoot personally because it was such fun for them to watch the other brilliant actors read an amazing script.

And this is such a pivotal scene–THE pivotal scene– that I’d imagine any actors who are in the area would want to be there to see it come together.

30. Currer Bell
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Did anyone else notice the glance between Talisa and Roose Bolton as they passed each other in Robb’s tent? Was that significant or is one trying to read something that was not there?

31. Blood
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Currer Bell,

That was Roose thinking “stupid fucking kids” and Talisa thinking “please go away”.

32. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

Hahaha I have full Daedric armour, bow, sword and dagger. It’s easy to make if you know where to look.

I don’t want Talisa to die, cause that means Jeyne is not pregnant and Robb has no children, which is sad.

33. The Onion Knight
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I have believed for quite some time that Talisa will be captured by the Bolton’s and brought to Ramsay. I am not quite sure that we will see her be a replacement for Jeyne Poole, but rather an extra added character to the whole Theon/Reek plot line since we will have a bunch of added stuff during ASOS & AFFC due to the lack of Theon in those books. I believe Ros may actually replace Jeyne Poole on the show, that is however if she does not become a random titty on Ser Robert Strong.

34. Al Swearengen
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Me thinks it’s time for a trailer.

35. The Onion Knight
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

By the way, I am very much positive that Jeyne was never pregnant in the books. Robb being infertile and him swinging down upon the sword on Rickard Karstarck is all apart of this great irony crafted by Martin to show us how weak this would-be leader of the Wolves truly is. And let us say for a second that she was in fact pregnant. Do you really thing that she would allow a child to be born into their world for manipulation from House Lannister? If there ever was a to be an heir of Robb Stark than it died a quiet death. Rickon is the best hope for a future the Stark’s have and his fate lies in the hands of Davos Seaworth.

36. tweedie
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

There were over 200 extras at that final shoot. It was very hard work but there was time for banter too. “aren’t you supposed to be afraid of fire?” quipped one of the extras when the hound came over and asked for a light.

37. Kit
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I do hope that potentially having Talisa at the RW doesn’t take away from what was by far the most agonizing part of it–Cat’s breakdown and death. “Robb had broken his promises but she kept hers,” “All our sweet babes,” “Not my hair Ned loves my hair,” “And its bite was red and cold” and so many more are amazingly heartbreaking lines. Knowing how D&D have simplified Cat thus far to be mostly a hardboiled mom, though, I’m kind of afraid that instead of getting the horror of watching Cat watching her son die we’re going to instead get the wife watch the husband die, which would be a real shame–this is, in many ways, Cat’s finest scene.

I also hope that Roose gets to kill Robb; “Jaime Lannister sends his regards” is brilliantly awful. Up until that moment it seems like he’ll be able to walk free, somehow survive maybe just maybe, and then GRRM crushes your hopes and dreams with a sword through the heart.

38. Serena
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

The Onion Knight,

I don’t think Robb is infertile, in the book her mother is giving Jeyne Moontea.

39. Mormegil
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

King Tommen,

What would be the point of keeping her prisoner? As far as the Lannisters or Boltons know she’s just a commoner who may be pregnant with Robb’s child.

They do not want a Stark heir to be born so they will kill her and as she is not Noble herself (well Westerosi Noble) then there won’t be a problem with her family.

If she is indeed at the RW then she either dies or was part of the betrayal all along (and it was of course hinted that she was a Lannister spy in Season 2.)

40. Serena
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

MedievalFantasy:

Sounds very logical to me. I think she will stay in Riverun with the Blackfish

41. lovesduncan
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Currer Bell,

Agree with Blood. Roose – clever man that he is - sensed immediately that Robb would not be honoring his promise to the Freys.

If Talisa is captured by the Freys, it is not ridiculous to think that she becomes the substitute for Jeyne Poole. Ramsay would then be wed to the Queen of the North and could make a claim on Winterfell. It could also lend some merit to Theon’s involvement: he would protect her – Robb’s widow – because of his guilt about betraying Robb.

42. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Aegon, do you need to level up do get to some daedric armour making perks? I have the Dawnbreaker sword now, which was a gift from one of the Daedric Gods, which is pretty cool.

43. David
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

tweedie,
    Holy cow, I’m going to follow Rory McCann around with matches and lighters so I can quip the same thing and steal that extra’s joke.

44. Anon
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

My guess?

Talisa is actually Jeyne Westerling or some variant there of, posing as someone from Volantis so she could get involved in the war, she isn’t involved in the plot of the RW but her family are and after Robb is killed they will reclaim her.

just my theory, I could be WAY off!

45. Zack
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

mags giantsbabe:

You have to have gotten the ‘Daedric Armor’ perk in the Armor tree, by traveling up the Heavy Armor side. Then you just need ebony ingots which are easily found buying from blacksmiths, and Daedric hearts, which are in specified locations in the world and can be bought occasionally from alchemists.

46. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Wow, that is a beautiful cake! Did they actually eat that or was it simply for decoration? Fabulous either way.

Regarding Oona/Talisa, since D&D have knowledge of the “end game” and whether a character is going to be important later or not, they can move characters in whichever manner that suits their end goals. So, a woman thinks it could go either way with Talisa. Yes, there were hints or her being a spy in that one scene where she was writing something and Robb interrupts her, he jokes about her being a spy and she evades a real answer. So that was a hint there, but it doesn’t REALLY mean that she WAS a spy. A woman guesses that we will find out by the treatment of Talisa in that particular episode whether she is all she says she is, or is a pretender/spy with her own agenda and means of achieving that agenda. It is also possible that she will be combined with other female characters that will have other roles later, or not. So, Talisa’s arc, whether it comes to an end or not, will be part of what’s revealed in that episode and will be part of our endless speculation until that episode airs. So many possibilities. Oona tweeted this photo that I think is a cover shot of her in a Spanish magazine (yodona.com), stunning shot, in case anybody missed it, love that it has wolf-ish fur there since she is the wolf queen:

47. WildSeed
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Seven Hells ! What’s Oona/ Talisa up to ? !

-12 C is nothing , once you’ve visited Central and NE Canada or New England,
    I’m told the citizens convert to Igloos by late Autumn.

48. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

Can’t remember, you just need some wicked smithing skills, which is easy to get also, can teach you. Then you go to the magic college (whatever it’s called) the dark elf there gets Daedra hearts every 48hours. I forged my entire set that way.

The Onion Knight,

Still undefeated in battle, where do you get the idea Robb’s infertile?

49. Cary Storm
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Watson,

50. WildSeed
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Watson:
    Joshua Taylor,

I concur with the implication of a non working relationship between Cersei
    and Taena Merriweather, beyond that assertion it’s pure speculation considering
    whom directed her scheme. GRRM has us dancing a bit on that one

I would not mind the GoT creativity with Ros, in that respect. She may develop
    a plan to get even with Cersei , whom ordered her torture, then disappear
    by next season. Nice exit. Talisa is still an enigma to me, her involvement or
    lack of it, may be orchestrated by political forcesoutside of Westeros,
    and influencing political moves for their gain, not the Lannisters or Starks.

Stay tuned is all I can say.

This season will be filled with sadness with woe, and scenes more explosive than
    the Blackwater episode.

51. WildSeed
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Serena:
    The Onion Knight,

I concur.

52. Cary Storm
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm: I know it’s something I keep repeating but I have a gut feeling Talisa is going to take on the book duties of Lady Taena, so yes, she will betray Robb..

Apparently Joshua mentioned this already. Apologies for not reading the whole thread!

53. Currer Bell
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Surely D&D aren’t going to give us a Robb/Talisa liebestod. That was old and cheesy when Wagner used it.

54. Bannerless Bro
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

What in the seven hells makes you think Talisa will be the new Taena?
    As far as I know, the actress for that role has already been casted. Talisa will keep filling Jeyne’s role, there is no way it would be a good idea to mix her with any other character. even more a character that is no way related to Robb.

55. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

Bannerless Bro,

When was Lady Taena cast? Because I missed that update.

56. Bannerless Bro
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Some months ago I think. Even Ours is the Fury mentioned it.

57. nightwolf
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

I’ll be disappointed if Talisa is not in on it.

58. Wedding guest
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

59. WildSeed
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Bannerless Bro,

Is it actress, Stephanie Blacker ? It was just a mention here, and for an undisclosed
    role. I really don’t remember lady Merriwether being cast specifically . I have
    to keep searching for that.

60. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Bannerless Bro,

Dude believe me there has been no confirmation on Taena being cast. There was speculation on who Stephanie Blacker or Charlotte Hope might be playing but that’s about it.

61. Bannerless Bro
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Wedding guest,

OMG, YOU WERE AN EXTRA? OMGOMGOMGOMG, DON’T SPOIL US BRO!

WildSeed,

Joshua Taylor,

I swear she was casted… my fault.

62. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Lady Taena is not cast. There are a few actresses that have popped up with Game of Thrones on their resumes, but none of them with the character name of Taena. People may be thinking of Elisa Lasowski, who will be playing Mirelle- a character we know nothing about. She could be a Tyrell cousin/lady in waiting or a brothel worker or anyone at all.

63. Hi-Fi
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

I’m really excited about all this, I think it’s going to be amazing. Talisa’s presence (if that’s indeed happening) will make everything even more heartbreaking.

That said, I REALLY hope the focus the event on Catelyn and not Rob. It was chilling and sad in the books, it should be the same in the show.

64. Lambman
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

Wedding guest,

Oh come on! Give us a taste.

65. omarlittletheking
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Wedding guest:
    At least tell us which episode will be

66. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Bannerless Bro,

There is nothing to forgive, my son. :)

67. Nezzer
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Wedding guest:

Seriously? Please, give us the answers with spoiler tags!

68. Michael
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Wedding guest,

I know that you probably aren’t allowed to give any real details, but do book readers have anything to fear when it comes to D&D changing things? And will there be any impact on the theory that Jeyne is pregnant with Robb’s child?

69. Josh
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Macha: Quote

70. Lord Of Lite
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 1:32 am | Permalink

Talisa will be taken prisoner at the Red Wedding by Roose to wed Ramsay and seal the Boltons as the new bloodline of Winterfell. All the more horrible if Talisa is pregnant with Robb’s child and passed off as Ramsay Bolton’s child.

71. loco73
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 2:21 am | Permalink

Wow, hard to believe that a chunk Season Three is already in the bag!!! I love that cake, I wonder if those pussies at Diarrhea Queen could replicate it?!

72. loco73
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Is that cake available anywhere to be bought? LOL

73. loco73
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 2:28 am | Permalink

If they do show the Red Wedding, and it appears that they will, I wonder how bloody it will be, beacause in the book it is an especially nasty episode, really hard to read and get through and sad, really sad, especially what they do to the bodies afterwards…I’m just wondering if they’ll show all that?

74. Hinka
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 4:37 am | Permalink

OMG,
    1. One guy (Wedding guest) is writing something and everybody jumps on that train (who knows if he has been an extra… he is probably laughing at all here)
    2. Just because she was on the set (where she is filming anyway) doesn’t mean that se participated at the RW

Talisa could:
    1.stay in Riverrun (close to the books – because robb would piss the freys)
    2.participate at the RW:
    2.1 is killed
    2.2 betrayes robb in the name of the lannisters
    2.3 is taken hostage and takes over the function as queen of the north

Just speculation… by the way… Its weird to see all the speculation and theory posted here when I know the answers. Suffice to say the episode will be incredible. The performances from the actors sent chills up my spine. ;)

75. Rimshot
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 4:47 am | Permalink

Wedding guest: Its weird to see all the speculation and theory posted here when I know the answers. Suffice to say the episode will be incredible. The performances from the actors sent chills up my spine.

Careful man!

I and a large number of extras were there for the whole RW shoot but we cannot say a single thing about it. We are under contract. Please don’t give even a hint at what we saw. The surprise is everything for this scene. I’m sure you will remain vigilent but be wary of temptation! (but it will kick ass)

76. Hinka
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 5:03 am | Permalink

Rimshot,

Same thing here… I could just say:

“Hey wedding guest,

77. Rimshot
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Hinka: Rimshot, Same thing here… I could just say:“Hey wedding guest,Rimshot is right. We signed a contract. Don’t spoil them… I know that we filmed really cool stuff there. Everything was so unbeleavable… but don’t tell”Hey guys… really… these kind of post are pissing me off. You could be an extra or you are just fakes. I don’t care. But it seems to me that you want to get your recognition, admiration or what ever… want people to beg for more information. Just stop posting. And the worst post are: “SOOOO GREAT – IT KICKED ASS – but I’m sorry, can’t say anythin”

Hinka

I don’t want or need ‘recognition’. My post is genuine. I honestly couldn’t care less if you think I’m fake or not (a simple search on my previous posts should clear it up). We are under contract and can be sued by HBO if we breach that contract so my post was not a boast at all. I just want other extras to remember how serious this is. I had no intention of posting anything until I saw the post from Wedding Guest and won’t be posting anything else in relation to RW. I am not trying to piss you or anyone else off. If I did I am sorry.

78. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Hoijoi:
    Talisa is going to kill Robb

I sure hope not. Would be terrible in so many ways, IMO.

79. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 8:21 am | Permalink

loco73,

Read the previous post on the filming of said event an you will find out that they ate carrying out to the bloodiest detail. Now whether they will use all the footage that was shot remains to be seen.

80. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 8:23 am | Permalink

The Onion Knight: Rickon is the best hope for a future the Stark’s have and his fate lies in the hands of Davos Seaworth.

As time goes on I am less inclined to believe Rickon is the savior. Here is my crackpot reason why…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_dog_story

MODS: This thread needs some serious spoiler tags on it. Having read the books, people are not respecting others not wanting to see what happens, or even know what RW stands for.

81. Tom
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 8:46 am | Permalink

Hoijoi,

Bloody fool had it coming to him

82. Tom
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Lord Of Lite,

That makes no sense. Talisa has no Stark blood

83. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Ok, so level up, improve you smithing skills, ebony, daedra hearts, thanks Zack and Aegon!!

84. Zack
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:33 am | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

You’re welcome :)

It used to be that the simplest way to level these skills was to craft tons of Iron Daggers, and you could up your enchanting at the same time by putting Absorb Health or something on them and you’d make some money back too, especially if you trapped the required souls yourself.

But I don’t know if any recent patches have made the Iron Dagger technique less useful.

85. Game Of Thongs
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

Another way to level up smithing easily (and make a shit-ton of cash in the process) is to explore Dwemer ruins and find as much dwarven metal as possible. These can be smelted to create something like 300+ Dwarven Metal Ingots. Then create massive quantities of Dwarven Armor and sell them to shopkeepers.
    Remember to take a companion with you to Dwemer ruins so you can loot more metal. Also, not all dwemer metal can be smelted into ingots. Check this link -

86. Lord Of Lite
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Yeah, Talisa doesn’t have any Stark blood, but her child would. And the story would be all the more poignant if Theon were trying to make amends to Robb by saving his bride and his child from the Boltons.

87. Currer Bell
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

One has a really crackpot theory, but please hear it out before rejecting it out of hand. It is easily disproved if anyone has knowledge of the schedules/commitments of the actors involved.

1. Given that Cat has been somewhat marginalized in S2
    2. Given that Talisa could be attending the RW

Could D&D be planning on eliminating unCat and having instead unTalisa, or maybe even escaped-and-rescued-by-the-BwB Talisa? UnTalisa would be a rather pointless change, but rescued Talisa would keep the possibility of Robb’s child alive.

88. Cary Storm
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Or maybe Talisa will have shown up meeting Robb already being pregnant with Rhaegar’s child (who is really Jaqar H’ghar) and is carrying the true heir of the Targaryens. (because Aegon is really a fraud).

So Talisa will wind up on the iron throne.

89. Lord Of Lite
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

It would be very horribly, ironic if UnTalisa were pregnant with UnPrince of Winterfell. But, I don’t think it’s going that way. We know that Cat’s father is already dead and that would be the only thing to keep her from her brother’s wedding. Nice thought line though. It’s going to be a very challenging role for Michelle Fairley from this season forward. I can’t wait to see if she really pulls it off.

90. Cary Storm
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    So Talisa will wind up on the iron throne.

I forgot to mention that she’ll be killed at the Red Wedding regardless, but will take Cat’s place. So unTalisa will bear unTargaryen and sit on the Iron Throne.

91. Macha
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:

You spelled Patchface wrong.

92. Quowala
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

Can’t tell if you’re joking….

93. Quowala
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Some ideas for the flow of series 3…

1. The King Beyond the Wall
    Main events – jon snow meets Mance Rayder. Attack on the Fist of the First Men.

2. The Bastard of Bolton
    Main event – we find out where Theon has been. Introduced to Ramsey.

3. Obsidian
    Main Event – Samwell slays the walker on the way back to the wall.

4. The Brotherhood Without Banners
    Main event – introduced to the brotherhood.

5. Dracarys
    Main event – Dany burns the slavers and takes the Unsullied.

6. Growing Strong
    Main event – lots of scheming at King’s Landing.

7. Autumn Storms
    Main event – The Hound VS Beric Dondarrion

8. ???
    Main event – Tyrion and Sansa wedding

9. Bread and Salt
    Main event – Red Wedding

10. Red wine and Pidgeon Pie
    Main event – Joffrey’s wedding

Just an approximation… what do you think?

94. Cary Storm
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Quowala,

I feel the same way about some of these other “theories”

95. Salty Dornishman
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

The Onion Knight,

I remember reading that the “fertility enhancing” brew that Jeyne’s mother was giving her during her brief marriage to Robb was actually moon tea. Tywin Lannister made sure there would be no wolf puppies to contend with after the RW.

96. Conor
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Quowala,

Love love love it!

Just read Kit’s latest interview, he said this season will be the “iconic season” which all book readers know but also that “HBO have thrown more money at it then they’ve ever thrown”, does this mean a budget increase or just an actor hyping up his show? Budget increase would be EPIC!!

97. Quowala
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Conor,

Ahhh sounds good! The more money the merrier!
    Although I’m sure its in Kit’s best interest, I think season 3 will be the most iconic season so far.

98. WildSeed
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Game Of Thongs:
    mags giantsbabe,

Excuse my intrusion, I know you guys are using video-game-speak, but the very
    real Ulfberht Sword, trumps anything imaginable . Look it up.

Forgive the intrusion, carry on :D

99. WildSeed
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Quowala,

Nice outline foe a season 3 agenda.

100. The Onion Knight
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Well I will admit fair points on everyone with the Robb Stark not being infertile comments. However, did anybody humor the idea I was trying to make about Talisa becoming an expanded Reek/Ramsay plotline?

101. Josla
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

No Talisa! Don’t go to that wedding!!
    Oh, please, I would not be able to bear it. Losing Robb, Cat and Talisa all together will be to much for me. I’ve been embracing the possibility of Ros taking the part of Jeyne Poole with high hopes, but if it is the only way Talisa can survive the wedding, then she can take it. I love both Ross and Talisa

102. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 3:38 am | Permalink

Thanks guys, you are all being really helpful. I’m leveling up slow because I don’t have as much time to play. I’m only at level 32 or something and my smithying definitely need improving. I’ll definitely look into the sword, Wildseed.

103. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 4:11 am | Permalink

Kit mentions in the interview posted above that thus far he has already done one scene with Ciaran Hinds… :)) and he also says “each storyline” will be iconic in some way. God, I can’t wait.

104. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 6:39 am | Permalink

Game of Thongs

I love goofing around in dwemer ruins, it’s creepy sometimes, and I get killed hundreds of times by Falmer, but it gives me fighting experience. I plan on going back there, unfinished business, and I still have Lydia with me. I’ve grown so attached to her that everytime she dies, I go back to a previous save to get her.

105. Conor
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 8:37 am | Permalink

All this talk of Skyrim has me thinking, If the Dragons in GOT look as good (Visually and in movement/nature) as the Dragons in Skyrim at season 5 then TV audience are in for a treat!

Click HERE for example pic if you haven’t played.

106. Alan
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Josh: Seems likely…I mean Jeyne doesn’t do much after book 3, so why not kill her too so fans don’t ask “What happened to her”….Though this confirms that Jeyne is indeed NOT pregnant and was not switched out with another young girl.

I think the only thing is confirms is that the Jeyne is pregnant and has escaped with the Blackfish storyline is not vital to the ending of the book. If it’s just a nice piece to the ending, perhaps a ray of hope (or I suppose, A Dream of Spring), it could still be cut for save time and confusion.

107. loco73
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Thanks for the reply.

108. mags giantsbabe
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Conor, it would be excellent if they could look like that. The more character they have, the better.

109. Joshua Taylor
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

loco73,

Your welcome. I read my post just now and I am amazed you made sense out of it. I don’t know what the hell I said or meant!

110. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 7:10 am | Permalink

WildSeed: Ulfberht Sword

An old legend has it that a Nordic smith named Ulfberht developed the first all steel blade. This crucial development achieved near-mythical status among warriors, making this one of the most important swords in the study of medieval weapons. Several of these blades from slightly different time periods exist, some engraved in gratitude and reverence with Ulfberht’s hallowed name.