MGoT: Season 3 by the numbers
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming.

Making Game of Thrones has a new post up giving us a bunch of number-based bits of trivia about the filming of Game of Thrones season three. Here is a sampling:

Check the post for the full list, which includes hard data on such important info like the amount of bottles of hot sauce consumed by David & Dan!

Winter Is Coming: An interesting post! It certainly gives us a sense of just how complex this production is. The really important question still remains unanswered though: are we talking Tapatio or Cholula?

1. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

First yes!
    Aaah this show really does deserve a big film budget. Can’t some old lady leave D@D 50million$ for GOT like what happened with Marvel?

2. Hannah
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Im first! :D

3. Cary Storm
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Awesome! I love trivia!

4. Amsterpaul
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Almost had you Your Grace. But third will do. Cholula all the way

5. queenofthorns
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

wow the costume stats are the most mindboggling: 2000 litres of mentholated spirits, 121,000 rivets, and 31,000 sqft of leather!

6. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Hannah,

Look again! Lol!

7. bon
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

These numbers are gigantic!!! And these are numbers only to October 5. I hope that they will count everything again on the end of filming and post it to the diary.

8. Hannah
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

:’( I thought I was first.

9. Grijnwaald
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hannah,

It’s Ok, that’s happened to me before. You’ll have your chance, I beleive I got first 3 times after.

10. axia777
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror:
    First yes!

Yeah, if Disney bought Game of Thrones and HBO I guess. But considering that they just bought Star Wars I am betting that they are short on liquid assets. Of course, George would get lasrge cash for the purchase so I bet he would be OK with such a deal! LOL

11. Grijnwaald
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

Congrats man!

12. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

axia777,

They got that grant long before Disney bought them. It enabled Marvel studios to make Iron Man and launch the Cinematic Universe. Besides I don’t want the words “family friendly” anywhere near GOT.

13. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Grijnwaald,

I’ve had several firsts before, but you Ser achieved the impossible!

14. Nathan
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Cholula!

15. Two Feathers
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Would have been nice to get the number of extras used. But then the other props didn`t feature much either. Hot sauce and Hula Hoops ???

16. Clob
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

With a crew of 703 I would have expected far more than 1392 movements so far. :P

Neat info. thanks

17. WildSeed
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

More Direwolf Day film shoots !

18. Beyond the wall
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Two Feathers,

Hula hoops are potato snacks.

I liked the babies called Arya bit , because my baby is one of them.

19. Jordy
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

I guess someone doesn’t know how to factor numbers… 2/8? Seriously?

20. Watson
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Jordy,

Yes, having marked math midterms all week, I can say with confidence that they lose a mark for that.

21. Tolgeros
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

32,000 sq. feet of leather, eh?

But how much of it was boiled, hmmmm?

22. Alan
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Jordy:
    I guess someone doesn’t know how to factor numbers… 2/8?Seriously?

It’s a screenwriting thing. Pages are measured in 8ths — and yes, people will say 2/8ths and not 1/4.

23. Winturd
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 2:03 am | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

Aegon the Conqueror was the first targaryen to sit the iron throne.. he is always first

24. sCor
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 5:13 am | Permalink

“Flaming Arrows made for Blackwater: 4500″, Anyone got a clue, what that has to do with season 3?

25. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 8:39 am | Permalink

mags giantsbabe,

Look what commented on the bottom of the Halloween thread.

Winturd,

LOL!

26. Adam
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Tapatío and Cholula are both terrible and not actually hot – for the sake of Season 3, I hope they’ve been consuming better hot sauces! :D

27. Cary Storm
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 11:10 am | Permalink

A series of deleted posts by frequent contributors without explanation. Please explain.

28. Joshua Taylor
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

How new are you to this site? Because there’s a reason. If you e-mail the site one of the mods will explain.

29. Mars5446
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say sri racha, it is a must.

30. Cary Storm
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Thank you. You know I’m not that new. I’ve just never used the “contact” link before.

31. Al Swearengen
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I still feel season 3 and 4 should be 12 if not 13 episodes each.

32. Joshua Taylor
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

I can only remember seeing your posts over the past several months. If you were here before then I apologize for my not paying attention. :-)

33. King DBC
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

As much as I’m looking to The RW, I’m as excited about the part with Stannis and Melisandre where they toss the leeches, fat with Kingsblood, onto the fire as he says those names… I hope that happens in the episode before The RW and then end that episode with Balon falling from the bridge! Viewers will be like “Shit just got real!”

34. John W
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Does the number of crew include cast?

Posted November 4, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

John W, I don’t think so. Crew is typically only those working behind-the-camera.