Inside Game of Thrones Collector’s Edition releases, Amazon selling it for $90 off
By Winter Is Coming on in Merchandise.

Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones: The Collector’s Edition releases today. If you haven’t ordered the standard edition (or even if you have) the Collector’s Edition is quite a good buy with the standard Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones book as well as some fancy packaging, two cool maps and the exclusive storyboard booklet, which includes the actual storyboards for many scenes in the show.

Now is the best time to buy too, as Amazon is currently running the book as its Deal of the Day. They’ve knocked $90 off the MSRP of $150 to make the whole thing $60 shipped. If you have already pre-ordered the book, you can contact Amazon and they will refund you the difference in price.

For more info on the book, check out our interview with author Bryan Cogman.

Winter Is Coming: A great deal for this set. I held off on getting the standard edition, so I might have to jump on this.

1. GrzebykK
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 11:27 am | Permalink

First.
    (Second time in a row).
    What’s wrong with logging via Twitter?

Posted November 13, 2012 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Phew, what an offer. If only I knew it would be discounted as much :)

3. KG
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Yeah, no.

Not buying it.

Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

KG, it’s actually quite an informative book. I was skeptical it would be old, rehashed content and mostly just a way to cash in on the show’s popularity, but Bryan did a good job of getting some new and interesting stuff in there. I’m talking about the standard edition of the book, which of course comes with the collector’s edition. I haven’t seen the full Collector’s Edition, but the maps look cool and the storyboard book probably has some neat stuff in it as well.

5. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

So Phill you would say it’s worth it? Thinking of getting it for myself as a Christmas gift and the shipping to South Africa an get quite expensive.

Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror, the standard book is definitely worth it. I’m not sure how much shipping will cost you, but the book itself is only $22 on Amazon here in the US. And it contains a lot of cool, new info in a very attractive package. It even has copies of the fake scripts sent to Kit Harington and Alfie Allen as pranks by David & Dan. But the bulk of the content is in all the interviews with cast and crew, and it is a great look behind-the-scenes.

Now, like I said, I haven’t had a chance to check out the Collector’s Edition, so I’m not sure if the extra stuff there is worth another 40 bucks. But if you really want that storyboard book, this is the only way to get.

7. Hollyoak
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

I bought the book. I liked it. Lots of nice details and wonderful photography and models.

As for this Collectors Edition, I’ll pass on it.

8. Alyss
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Wow, thanks for the heads up! It’s been sitting in my cart for ages, but I couldn’t justify spending $90 on it… With an extra $30 off, however, I can easily. :)

9. sunspear
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Meh, not really interested in this much stuff about the show, though the map would be nice to have.

I really want George to release a complete set of the Dunk and Egg short stories, so that I won’t have to buy five different books.

10. G_Lee
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Shipping to Europe costs me 12€….. so I f**king bought the thing immediately!
    It`s gonna take at least until Christmas to get here though *lol*

11. KG
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

I’m sure it’s a nice book. Just isn’t worth buying all the other stuff to me.

12. Addy Stark
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

KG,

It looks like you can get just the book for just $20.00 on Amazon. I just impulsively bought the collectors edition. It’s only money! lol

13. Amsterpaul
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

13th yeah!

14. Matt
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Just ordered the Collectors now, should be here tomorrow! only $75! niiiiiice :D

15. biliki
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

I ordered it when it was 90dollars, so now I want the rest of my money back, what can I do exactly? :(

*my book was shipped yesterday, but I guess it doesn’t matter since i want a refund?

16. Ours is the Fury
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

biliki,

Call Amazon customer service and complain . It doesn’t matter if it already shipped. There’s a price guarantee for preorders, they have to honor it and refund you the difference between the price you bought at and what they are now. They did it for me today, so give them a call/

Posted November 13, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

sunspear:

18. Zack
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Lex: Apparently the first four Dunk and Egg stories will be published as a single book, once the fourth story comes out.

<3 Will snap that up, day one. I've yet to read those ones because I don't feel like buying anthologies of unrelated stuff primarily for one story, and since my policy is that I'll only torrent them on the Kindle once I've purchased them legitimately elsewhere.

As for this book, the price is better but I think I'll still pass. I've realized my ASOIaF fanboy geek nature is mostly geared toward the books. So I am really enjoying the book from Tower of the Hand. This one…I might be interested if it were half of its currently on sale price

ETA: Oh, there is a standard edition that’s quite a tempting price. Reading all the comments FTW

19. varysthespider
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

£14 for the standard edition; £70 for the collectors’ from Amazon UK. Choice is pretty obvious methinks. I’m typically reluctant to buy fan stuff but the Music of the Lord of the Rings Films book was a superb buy and with all the time spent on this blog it should be worthwhile.

20. loco73
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 12:56 am | Permalink

I know this is off topic, but just finished watching “The Daily Show ” and Jon Stewart had a reference about George RR Martin having an affair with Stephen King…funny and disturbing…it was related to the whole Petraeus scandal, you’ll have to watch in order to see how it came about, LOL!

21. Gorrean
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 4:34 am | Permalink

I really enjoyed the standard edition. That made for a very nice evening immersing myself in the details of costume making, interviews with the cast and all the miscellaneous stuff I enjoy about Making Of material.
    A bit bummed about the Collector edition though. Had I known its existence before I bought the standard issue, I’d have waited some extra weeks…

22. biliki
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I sent them an email yesterday and I got this:

”Hello,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I’ve reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I’ll make an exception and will issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $30.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.”

They have already given me my money back, I’m really glad I made the effort to contact them. There must surely be people who haven’t noticed this, I guess they won’t get their money back.

23. Matt
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

WOW!!! this thing is a work of ART in itself!

24. Gorrean
    Posted November 15, 2012 at 4:38 am | Permalink

biliki,

I guess it’s automatic. I had forgotten my pre-order in addition to the standard edition and I received an email from Amazon advising about the discount. They did reimburse me afterwards.

25. jeni
    Posted November 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

it’s nice, but mine came disturbingly damaged, like someone beat the hell out of the books. getting a replacement.

26. Sean Wiley
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Anyone have an issue with part of the collectors edition book coming in French? Specifically page 81 with Cersei’s wardrobe and through the rest of the Lanister and Baratheon sections? very frustrating