Season 3: In Production video to hit HBO On Demand on Dec. 3
By Winter Is Coming on in Media, News.

HBO has updated their online schedule and, lo and behold, a S3: In Production video has appeared in the On Demand section. It is slated to hit HBO On Demand beginning December 3. However, these things usually air on the main network the day before they hit On Demand, so it seems a good bet that this would air on Dec. 2, prior to the season finale of Boardwalk Empire. We’ve reached out to HBO for confirmation of that.

Last year, the In Production video was our first peek at season two and it looks as if this year will follow suit. Unfortunately, that means we may have to wait until January for a full-blown trailer.

Winter Is Coming: Thanks to Darquemode for the heads up on this. Y’know, I think I look forward to these videos even more than the trailers, since they usually give us better looks at the costumes and sets than the trailers do. Hopefully this one will include some glimpses of some new characters in costume, like Mance or Beric or the Blackfish. We have less than two weeks to find out!

1. Grijnwaald
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Can’t wait to see this, somewhere.

2. Watson
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Footage!

Re: Cat Taylor’s Iceland tweet that “It’s a BIG day today.”

Think that means giants?

3. Direhound
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Watson,

I was thinking about that and have been trying to process how they might approach all the CG dependent things beyond the wall and if they spend the budget on something this year that would be a great place to put it–mammoths, giants, warging etc..

but I wonder if they could use forced perspective and prosthetics because CGI people even if they are giants

4. sunspear
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Direhound,

I doubt the warging really costs them a lot to due, since it’s pretty much done by wolf vision. Fortunately, the mammoths and giants will probably only be in one episode, so they won’t cost a whole lot. That should save them some money for Beric’s sword, the dragons, and the battle on the Fist.

5. bon
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Grijnwaald,

I don’t know how you do that. I like more those glimpses that show what is happening behind scenes or production works than trailers.

6. Quowala
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Cool!!!

Can’t wait!

But will it really not be until January that we get a trailer?
    I seem to remember that there was a trailer by Christmas last year…

I hope we get a look at the characters WIC mentioned and also some new locations?
    Riverrun maybe?

7. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Somehow a woman is more interested in Boardwalk Empire now! Wonder why? LOLz. Can’t wait to see the new footage, an early Christmas gift from D&D. Thanks guys!

8. bigswerg
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

almost time to pick HBO back up…………

9. Darquemode
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

I’m hoping our first location (assuming they follow last year’s format) will be Dublin concentrating on The Riverrun and maybe we get a glimpse of the new roles in costume!

I’m quite excited to see the Blackfish in costume as well as intrigued to see how Tobias Menzies pulls off Edmure. I’ m not sure why, but I think seeing the Tullys is more likely than seeing the Brotherhood w/oBanners sadly, but I’m just as excited to see them.

10. John W
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Pre-ordered season 2 yesterday.

11. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Please someone upload this to Youtube!!!! I beg of thee!

12. Direhound
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

sunspear,

POV shots are simple enough but I was thinking of the eagle or any other animals they plan on telling that story with if they need it to do very specific actions…

13. Darquemode
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

I should have most aired promos uploaded to YT in 1080p like last year. I don’t always catch them on the first airing (although I try for the ones I know about), but I’ll get it OnDemand, someone else will get it, or HBO will upload them…. eventually.

Actually to be fair for some of the promotional videos have been on HBO.com or HBO’s YT account almost imediately after they air on HBO. They had the Date Tease up rig away. Maybe they are starting a new pattern of updating moe quickly than last year?

14. Grijnwaald
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

I look forward to that! I’m sure Aegon will too :)

15. YvyB
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Thanks DM :)

16. Cary Storm
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

This post is full of win.

Darquemode,

Bless you, you must link to it with no time to spare, considering all the anxious fans that await in all time zones!

17. ACVG
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

on major sidenote, now that Talisa is “queen” is she gonna stop doing amputations???
    i was wondering about that today … not a good look for Robb if she doesnt

18. Amsterpaul
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

No HBO go. Curse them to the seven hells!

19. The mighty hodor
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Wow is boardwalk empire still on? I tried to get into it but I ended up being bored and so I went for a walk :p

20. iRaven
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

The mighty hodor,

It’s obviously not at the quality of GoT ;) But, this past Sunday’s episode (and this 3rd season as a whole) really seemed to find it’s feet. Great episode this week.

21. sunspear
    Posted November 20, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Amsterpaul,

They’ll put it up on HBO Go after it airs on the 2nd. Don’t worry.

iRaven,

Bobby Cannavale for Khrazz, the pit fighter Selmy kills in ADWD.

Stephen Root (Gaston Means) for Doran Martell

22. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Grijnwaald,

Dude are you on this site like 24/7?

23. Grijnwaald
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror,

No, my phone alerts me of new tweets, so I knew when a post was…………..posted ;)

no, I’m just kidding, I press the f5 key untill a new post arrives (sarcasm)

24. Mike Chair
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

I just saw a funny HBO TV ad selling DVDs for BE, GoT and TB.

It’s a little different that the one here at cinemablend.com.

The ad has one worker/boss handing out HBO DVDs to co-workers/employees.
    He implies he’s giving one guy BE because he’s a drinker. The TB girl’s accused of inappropriate sexual behavior in the office, and the GoT guy is accused of incest. The one I saw, the GoT guy was accused to backstabbing in the office instead.

25. Anonymous
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

The runtime of the video is 2 minutes.

26. Joshua Taylor
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:51 am | Permalink

The mighty hodor,

I see what you did there ;-)

27. Bannerless Bro
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Now we just have to wait until December 3, and then for some gentile soul to upload it to Youtube…

Posted November 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Anonymous,

Cool, same as last year, then. It should give us a good idea about the season and its looks.

The short tease with no footage reached one million views already, unbelievable.